Life. Love. Laughter. Happily Ever After.

Wedding & Event Design, Planning & Coordinating Company serving all of Michigan. Detroit A-List, Best Wedding Planner , Top Three 2012 through 2016 WDIV 4 The Best, Best Wedding Planner Top Three, 2011 through 2016 Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award 2012 through 2016

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

52188 Van Dyke Avenue, Shelby Twp, MI (586) 531-7195

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Carrie R

I'm writing this about 3 weeks after the wedding and I'm glad I waited! Upon returning back to work (at a high end department store) I have been flooded with the question "well?! How was it?!" I can not being to describe to you the stages of planning a wedding. You will, at one... Read More point feel overwhelmed, annoyed, disappointed, excited, stressed, anxious... HOWEVER, having a coordinator, in my case, Jennie - made this whole process do-able. Jennie and her amazing team got it. They've simply got this. Allowing you to rest assured everything's going to be OK! So back to "well?! How was it!?" It was perfect. Becuse, it was. And if it WASNT. Guess what!? I didn't know! Did it rain at 11?! a.m. and soak all my ceremony chairs?! Probably? But did I hear about it? No. Did I have to deal with it? No. Was my overbearing, yet amazing mom able to enjoy her morning stress free? Able to relinquish control? Yes. And was my dad at peace for ONCE IN HIS LIFE bc his wife could sit back and ENJOY!? Yes. To Jennie, thank you for making MY day perfect. I needed it not to rain - you did it. I needed bandaids, you had them. We just got the video back and upon exiting the car and getting ready to walk down the aisle we all said "where'd Jennie go?" 😂 You disappapered right on que! You are the best at what you do. If you are even thinking about spending the money on the coordinate my suggestion is YES! Thank you, thank you, thank you <3

Saved the day & the bride

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 artist p

I will always sing the praise of Beautiful Day Planning. My planner Nicole was so amazing. She was always there to listen to my problems & relieve my stress. I had a lot of problems with other vendors and Nicole saved the day. I was able to sit back & enjoy every moment of our... Read More wedding day thanks to her. If you want a stress free wedding day & wedding process, contact Beautiful Day Planning. You won't regret it.

mother of the bride(s) and a groom!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 shelley d

Jennie was our wedding planner for all 3 of our children's weddings.. her assistance put me at ease and allowed me to truly enjoy each wedding.. I've referred her to many friends since we were so pleased!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Becky L

We had Jennie as our planner and Martika as our day-of coordinator, and they were both INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend them for both the planning aspect as well as day-of coordination. From a planning perspective, Jennie helped us out a TON with vendor selection and vendor... Read More management. There are way too many out there to choose from and Jennie helped shed light on the work ethic, cost, quality and personalities of the various vendors to help us choose our best matches. I will tell you - the vendors were awesome on our day and it was 100% because of Jennie's help with selecting them. That, combined with Jennie's vast experience, relaxed attitude and hard work ethic made her a top notch planner to work with. We had the pleasure of meeting Martika in a planning session that took place before the wedding and about two minutes after meeting her we both had a strong impression that she just "gets it." She's bubbly, fun, and totally locked in - my husband and I both left that meeting saying that we felt so much better after having met with Martika, as a ton of stress was lifted off our shoulders. We knew she had the coordination all handled for our wedding day so we could just sit back and relax. On the wedding day, she was there every step of the way, from managing vendors to handling last minute changes we had with tables/configuration of our reception. She's calm, confident and SUCH a hard worker. You'd be lucky to have her! Personally, I'm a control freak so the thought of having no control on the day was tough for me. Martika is that good - for once, I let go - and she did a fantastic job. We can't thank Jennie and Martika enough for all that they did to ensure a smooth, wonderful, FUN day for us. If you're uncertain about whether you want to hire wedding planners, trust me - you do. It's worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 AnnMarie

Jennie and Beautiful Day Planning were amazing! They made all of my visions come to life and made sure our day ran smoothly from start to finish. Jennie was super reaponsive during the year leading up to my wedding. She helped me handle some wedding curveballs thrown my way and... Read More didn’t even bat an eye. I cannot recommend Jennie and Beautiful Day enough, especially if you’re getting married at the Packard Proving Grounds!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Caiti N

I could not possibly be happier that we selected Beautiful Day planning to help us with our day-of coordination. Working with Shelby and team was a dream for us! As soon as I spoke with them, any concerns I had for how smoothly the wedding day would go disappeared instantly!... Read More The team is experienced, thorough, and pays amazing attention to detail. In everything they did from creating a detailed timeline, to helping coordinate the rehearsal dinner, to keeping everything on track the day of the wedding we were so very grateful to have them there and couldn't be happier with the experience. As far as I was concerned our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I know it was because Shelby and team were there making sure it was :) If you are at all questioning whether you need a day-of coordinator, it is beyond worth it, thank you Beautiful Day Planning!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Terrell W

5 starts all the way around. Working with Shelby and Jennie was a pleasure! Our day of coordination was top notch. Wish we could do it again!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Erica E

Nicole Hurttgam was absolutely amazing! She got things done in a timely fashion and was able to get everything I wanted, often at a much better deal than I would've found on my own. My dream wedding was made a reality and then elevated by TEN with her extra vision. Everything... Read More was beautiful and I am forever grateful for the amazing services we were given. These are AMAZING ladies who do fantastic work!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Amy Z

Jennie was fantastic! She was very responsive, flexible to our individual needs and requests, and tolerant/nonjudgemental of any "alternative" ideas or concepts. We never felt like she was pushing anything that didn't align with our interests. She was the ultimate problem solver... Read More and her presence as a day-of-coordinator ensured that our day was perfect.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jackie H

LOVE LOVE LOVE Jennie. She helped make the big day so smooth and this really allowed me (and the groom and my mom, etc.) relax and just enjoy. At one point I was walking onto the shuttle bus to go around for pictures and I realized I left the shuttle agenda upstairs! I looked... Read More down at the shuttle driver and he already had the agenda given to him by Jennie. ALSO I woke up the next morning in a panic because I forgot to collect the champagne flutes from my godmother and cousin. I looked around the room and Jennie had delivered it already! Seriously Jennie was an indispensable part of the day!! She is also great for rehearsals!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Lauren L

Could not have tied the knot without BDP! Jennie and her team did an AMAZING job assisting me on our big day. She was there to alleviate all of my stress as well as set up and tear down our reception. She is extremely hardworking and was very prompt in her responses prior to.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kelli R

I used Jennie from BDP as my Day of Coordinator for my August wedding. I cannot rave enough about her and her services! From the moment we hired her, she was so helpful! We chose a non-traditional venue for our reception so we had to bring every single thing in ourselves. I... Read More could not have coordinated all of this without Jennie's help! She made recommendations on vendors and answered every little miscellaneous question I had. I went into the wedding day, feeling so confident that everything was going to come together. I dealt with ZERO stress on my wedding day because Jennie was there to take care of everything! The reception looked more beautiful than I ever imagined! I got blisters from the shoes I wore for ceremony/pictures, and Jennie had socks waiting for me when I arrived to the reception to change into! Details like that are why is she such an amazing coordinator! Her personality is also amazing, so I loved getting to work with her every step of the way! I even had guests at my wedding tell me they could tell how great she was. If you are considering a coordinator for your big day, you really just need to hire Jennie now!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Shelley Z

We worked with Shelby on our wedding day, and she was fantastic. She was organized, fun, and made sure all the little details that I may have been preoccupied with came together perfectly. I truly did not have a care in the world on our wedding day, and it was thanks to... Read More Beautiful Day Planning - I knew that they had everything under control. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants a hand in planning their wedding, but wants to pass all responsibilities on the actual day to a reliable team - Shelby, we can't thank you enough!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Liz F

I was so happy that I booked a day-of planner for my wedding day through Beautiful Day Planning. Shelby was amazing to work with from start to finish and worth every penny! We brought a lot of our own decor to the venue and they stayed after to pack everything up and load our... Read More car for us. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Samantha S

A day of coordinator was something I wanted, but put off booking. After a friend recommended BDP, we were connected with Megan, who went way above and beyond anything we could have expected or hoped for! Both of our moms are ready to adopt her; she was so wonderful and easy to... Read More work with. She took care of so many behind the scenes things that I don't even know about. Our venue supplied "ceremony coordinators" who were not helpful at all, but I was not worried because I knew Megan would take care of it. My bridesmaids who have already been married said that they wished they had hired someone like Megan--I am so glad I did!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Katie Z

What would I have done without Jennie? We chose a unique venue that required lots, and lots, and lots of vendors and decisions. Jennie had everything covered, everything went flawlessly and even if something unexpected did pop up- she was prepared and handled it right away! Once... Read More again, I don't know what I would have done without her. She is the BEST! If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, you should do it. You will save yourself so much stress, worry, and contemplation. She gave us great advice, suggested AMAZING vendors and we couldn't have wished for anything better. Jennie- THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Shawn A

Jennie was AWESOME!!! As a mother of the groom who was actively involved (after being asked by the couple) in certain aspects of the wedding planning, we could not have made it without Jennie. We were from out of state. I always knew I could send Jennie a message or call her... Read More and she always made time for my call. Having her present the day of the wedding made my husband and I feel so much more at ease. She just blended in and didn't make her presence known. She kept the wedding party on task and organized. When there was a "crisis" (and yes there always will be one or two), Jennie jumped right in and remedied the situation. We would hire her again in a heart beat. She is warm, kind, well connected, calm and so easy to work with. May you too have the great experience that we had.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Katlyn B

I don't know how Shelby managed it but my two year old walked down the aisle! I could not have survived the day without her. I know she was handling a lot of things behind the scenes because she was always moving. I was asked if a day of coordinator was worth the money,... Read More ABSOLUTELY!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Danielle L

Jennie was our savior!!!!! She was recommended to us by Packard Proving Grounds and I am forever indebted to the both of them!! Her and her team truly brought my dreams to life and when I saw the venue for the first time that day, my heart was filled with so much joy! I didn't... Read More have to worry about a thing day-of and that was worth more than you could imagine! I'm so grateful to her and her team!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jill W

Fantastic staff! So helpful in remembering every last detail so that I, as a bride, was able to enjoy my day to the fullest. Their experience, friendliness, professionalism, insight, and access to some of the best vendors in the area are unmatched.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Debbie R

Beautiful Day planning made the Wedding a huge success. From the first visit to the final big day. Gave us all her contacts to work with, all were amazing. Jennie and her crew kept everything on time and flawless. She even made the weather beautiful, don't know how she did... Read More that! Thanks a million for the best Wedding ever. Love ❤️ working with you. Mark and Debbie Roehm.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Jennifer P

I can't thank Jennie and her team enough for being a part of our special day!! Everything single part of the day went perfectly thanks to them. We were all on schedule and the venue looked even more beautiful than we could've imagined!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend Beautiful Day... Read More Planning! It was the best decision we could've made! Not only is Jennie the nicest person, and truly feels like a friend now, but she executes everything to perfection! Jennie and her team allowed myself and my husband to relax and truly enjoy our wedding day!! Thank you again BDP!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Elizabeth S

We are sooooo happy we chose Beautiful Day Planning to coordinate our wedding day. Nicole was very responsive and helpful leading up to the day, and on the day she made sure everything went smooth and was stress free! We appreciated how calm, cool, and collected she was - it... Read More totally put us at ease. Everything turned out perfect!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Emily W

Jennie and her team at Beautiful Day Planning were amazing!! Our venue was a bit unique (Eastern Market downtown Detroit) and I believe the first time Jennie and her team had an event there and they did an amazing job. I hired them for Day of Coordination with a bit of add on... Read More help on the planning/layout side. Jennie helped us to layout tables/the room with an arrangement that made sense for our group. Throughout the wedding planning process she was responsive and answered any questions I had. On the day of our wedding their execution was perfect-- when I walked into the venue I was so happy to see how perfect everything turned out!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Allie G

I loved working with them! Heather was our day of coordinator! She and her assistant were incrediable! They had everything planned and thought of down to the T, which made for a very easy and stress-free day for both of us! There were incidents that happened at teh wedding that... Read More we did not even know about because they had had it handled it before it became a problem. She also helped run our rehearsal, which made the process quick and easy! I loved that she was always just a text away with questions and concerns. She even contacted all of my vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page! Our day would have not been our dream day without heather as a part of it! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!