Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

Centerally located in San Diego, San Diego, CA (619) 865-8193

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 JoLynn E

Gerine made all my ladies and I so gorgeous for my special day! She had great quality make up and really took the time to make sure all the ladies looked perfect for the special day. She came to our hotel downtown (didn’t charge extra for travel since it was within a set range)... Read More and set everything up perfectly. She even had an awesome, fancy makeup chair that she had us all sit in! It looked awesome in our photos and video. Gerine’s rates weren’t the cheapest, but they were competitive and she was definitely worth it. She was so professional, so talented, and made us look more beautiful than we could have imagined! Plus, the makeup lasted all day for everyone, even during our August wedding!

2016-12-26T23:40:59 Response from the vendor

Such a fun wedding party! Thank you so much for having me on your special day and taking the time to review :) Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Johnna S

Gerine is the absolute BEST! Not only is she so sweet to work with, her work is incredible. From the moment I had my makeup trial, she completely got the look we were going for and 100% delivered for myself and bridesmaids on the wedding day. Not only did she do an amazing job,... Read More her personality and calmness is perfect for the "day of". I have, and will continue to, refer Gerine to anyone looking for wonderful makeup and a great person to assist with special moments. Thank you Gerine!

2016-12-26T23:43:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for having me! Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Erica M

Gerine is not only incredible talented and dependable, but also simply a joy to work with. Starting with the trial, she made sure that I was happy with the makeup and had excellent suggestions. On the wedding day, my bridesmaids and mother were all so happy with her work. We... Read More all felt so beautiful! What was especially great about Gerine was how she was able to accommodate individual styles so effortlessly. I highly recommend her. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. With Gerine, you don't have to worry about a thing!

Gerine is the PERFECT choice for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Kelli W

Gerine did my airbrush bridal makeup as well as the makeup for my mom, stepmom, and sister (standard without airbrush)....she did the most phenomenal work, we all were blown away and felt absolutely beautiful!!! Whether it's regular makeup or airbrush, she chooses the best... Read More palette that compliments your features and skin tone, and makes it look SO NATURAL!!! No looking or feeling caked-on and it lasts all day/night! She is super sweet and and so easy to get along with, we couldn't have asked for a better person to spend the day getting dolled up by before my wedding!! Thank you Gerine for making me feel like the most beautiful bride!!!

Amazing, amazing person and stylist

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Csilla F

I met Gerine when I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding, and as soon as my now-husband proposed and we chose a date, I contacted Gerine because I knew I had to have her for my wedding too! Gerine is a lovely person and wonderful makeup artist...she made all of the... Read More girls in my wedding party feel like beautiful princesses. My older sister, who almost never likes the way she looks in photos said about her makeup job "Wow! So that's what it feels and looks like for celebrities" and she loved the way she looked in photos. Not only did Gerine make everyone look gorgeous on the day of, she was very organized leading up to the day. She worked out a nice schedule for our large wedding party and accommodated our very early start time (we had a Sunday brunch wedding). Also, she made some excellent recommendations on a hair stylist as well as someone else to do hair/makeup for my mother and mother-in-law. Not only is Gerine amazing, she has some awesome connections in the beauty industry and really helped make our pampering morning perfect. And, everyone looked absolutely beautiful afterwards, both in person and in our wedding pictures and video. What impresses me most about how Gerine works is that she has a nice vision and talent for how to handle any face shape or skin tone. And, she makes even fake eyelashes feel natural and comfortable. Everyone in my wedding party loved being pampered by Gerine and I highly recommend you do the same for yourself and/or bridal party by booking Gerine. One of my wedding guests loved how beautiful all of my girls looked so much that she is booking Gerine for her wedding.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

I went in for a trial and loved Gerine's work. My wedding day was Amazing thanks to Gerine!! She made sure I looked like a princess and my hair and make up lasted all through a very warm, rock and roll wedding!! I would highly recommend Beauty by Gerine to anyone!!

made a tomboy feel & look beautiful

Reviewed on 1/17/2014 Cindy C

I consider myself somewhat of a tomboy and don't go too far in my makeup. My makeup routine is pretty simple: powder, some eyeliner, and blush. Gerine is an artist with great skill. She made my best features stand out and was able to cover my blemishes. She did my hair and... Read More makeup. Our trial was very fun. I showed her pictures of different eye ideas as well as hair. She gave each eye a different look: one smokey and one with just a winged eyeliner. She also did my hair in two different ways. I wanted my hair down and curled. She did one kind of curl on one half with a curling iron and a different curl on the other half with rollers. For the day of the wedding I had decided on the smokey eye and the hair curled in curlers after I had seen pictures of myself, which I really recommend. In the pictures I could really see what was most flattering for me, but trust me that both looks were glamorous. Since she saw that my skin was even oilier than normal she bought specific products to use on my face that really did work all night. Gerine was very good about being a calm presence. I was lucky that in the first place I didn't have a bunch of people at my parents house when I was getting ready, but she was still concerned with my comfort and of me having something to eat. She has a really good energy that I responded really well to. My makeup lasted all night. Other than lip gloss I didn't have a retouch to do. No smudging and she used water-proof mascara that was very helpful. She also includes the eyelashes, which was my first time wearing them. She cut them to size so that they looked natural and not overly exaggerated. I was impressed by the look. My skin was really even and my blemishes were nicely covered. The curl in my hair (done with hot rollers) didn't last as long as I would have wished, but that was expected with my hair type. I've run into that situation plenty of times with many other tools. My hair is very thick and quite long. But what I really cared about and did stick all night was my veil and tiara. Gerine made a very strong base with great volume that allowed my veil and tiara to stay in place during all the photos, the ceremony, reception, and even when I played drums (my band played at our wedding reception, and yes I played drums in a huge ball gown). It was definitely more important for me to have a strong base than the curl because I wanted to wear my veil and tiara all night, which i did until about 4 in the morning. My hair still looked really shiny and bouncy even though the curl had fallen out. I was concerned that through this process I wouldn't look like me, that I wouldn't recognize the woman looking back at me in the mirror, but I was me. I did look like me, but only much more beautiful and radiant than I could have dreamed. Gerine is very talented, caring, and willing to work with you to get what you want. I really appreciated her work ethic and if I ever have another event where I need professional makeup, I will hire her again. She has great prices. It was all very much worth it. info on me: I have olive skin color, extra oily skin, zits and scars, very thick and long hair.

She's gorgeous and will make you gorgeous!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Erin F

I hired Gerine to do my makeup and a few of my bridesmaid's makeup for my wedding. Because I had 8 bridesmaids, I had to hire two people to do makeup. All of my bridesmaids were fighting to have Gerine to do their makeup as opposed to the other makeup artist because she was... Read More amazing! I first met Gerine at my trial a couple months before my wedding. I am from Los Angeles so I depended on my wedding coordinator (Courtney Tibbets from After the Engagement) for a recommendation. Courtney's first choice was Gerine, which says a lot considering she has worked with hundreds of makeup artists. My trial went great. The first thing I noticed about her was that she is gorgeous, which is kinda important when you're looking for someone to make you gorgeous. She is also so sweet and easy to talk to. She made my eyes look amazing. She did each eye different and then I chose which one I liked better. On the day of my wedding Gerine arrived very early in the morning (promptly on time at 8am at the Marriott downtown) to get everyone ready. We had so much fun with her, she seemed like she was one of our friends. I have oily skin so I was worried that my makeup wouldn't last all day for my wedding, but it did! She used air-brush makeup on me and it lasted all. day. long. Like seriously all day, from noon till 1am. I had one bridesmaid who said she's never liked the way anyone has done her makeup, not even for her own wedding, but she loved what Gerine did. And you cant beat her price for the quality service you receive. I was paying for all my bridesmaids to get their makeup done so I was definitely concerned with cost and her prices were very competitive. Coming from LA where people charge $200+ for makeup I was pleasantly surprised when she told me her rates (at the time of my wedding it was $75 for the bride, $65 for bridesmaids, prices may have gone up since my wedding, but she's worth every penny). She applied false eyelashes on everyone and did not charge extra. Most makeup artists charge more for that. Bottom line if you want to look good for your wedding or any other special occasion, go to Gerine. I wish she lived in LA so I could get my makeup done by her more often! I think she does hair too but for my wedding we had her just do makeup. She referred me to someone for hair who I also loved.

2014-01-07T20:43:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! So happy that I could be apart of your special day!!!

Beauty by Gerine is awesome

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Sara K

Gerine did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding day.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Gerine is such a pleasure to work with. She was hired by one of my best friends to do our make up for her wedding 2 years ago (I was a bridesmaid). I'm not one who wears makeup on a daily basis nor do I know how to apply it. Gerine has the talent being able to recreate the look... Read More you're going for whether it's dramatic or natural, she can make you feel like a million bucks! Since meeting her 2 years ago, I've hired her to do my makeup for various parties and events and as soon as I got engaged and set my date I knew that I wanted Gerine to do my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup. I highly recommend hiring Gerine knowing she's does an AMAZING job and takes her time in making you look great!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Sarah h

Gerine was amazing, would recommend her to all my friends. I loved my wedding day make-up & will use her for my special events.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Jane D

Gerine was extremely professional, on time, calming, and an amazing artist! I looked so beautiful on my wedding day,I wish she could do my make-up everyday. My make-up looked great in pictures and lasted all night! I would highly recommend Beauty by Gerine for any make-up... Read More needs.

"Stunning"

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Megan B

I was so happy that I found Beauty by Gerine when I was browsing through photographer websites who worked at our venue. Not being from San Diego made it a bit tricky to find vendors for our big day. I am so glad I found Gerine! She was so sweet and even worked out a special day... Read More for me to do my trial (which was tricky, because like I mentioned, I don't live in the area and it was a 2 hour drive). I knew from the second I met her I was going to love her! She made me feel very comfortable and was really easy to talk to. I LOVED my makeup and knew I would love having her around for the day of. She also helped me find a hair stylist pretty close to our wedding date who was AMAZING! On the day of, she arrived on time and was ready to get to work on all 9 ladies! She kept her timeline up so that we were able to take pictures before our ceremony, which we appreciated so much!! My now husband, is not a big fan of a lot of makeup (unlike me). Gerine took that into consideration and was able to make both of us happy! A few days after the wedding, my husband commented on how "pretty" my makeup was because he felt that I still looked like me (awww). Overall, Gerine was amazing to work with. I have received so many complements on my makeup from people who were at our wedding as well as people who only saw pictures. I have never been called "Stunning" so many times before and I know I have Gerine to thank for that. I would recommend her to any bride! It was a pleasure working with her.

2013-10-10T16:19:46 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you & your whole bridal party.Thanks for being awesome!

Gerine was amazing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Hayley F

I planned my San Diego wedding from across the country and 3 weeks before my wedding my makeup artist cancelled on me! Thank goodness for Gerine!!!! She was available on my wedding date and was very accommodating with the last minute plans. I was unable to do a trial due to my... Read More scheduling, but based on her reviews I was confident my makeup would be perfect...and I wasn't disappointed!!! Gerine was so nice and so sweet. She came to the house where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready for the wedding armed with boxes and boxes of makeup! I loved my makeup- it was so beautiful! My bridesmaids looked gorgeous as well! I received so many compliments on my makeup, especially my eyes, and I was very pleased with how it held up for like 10 hours! Gerine was amazing and I would definitely recommend her!!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Kathleen L

Gerine and Rebecca were amazing on my wedding day. They were prompt and super professional. Everyone commented on how great everyone's hair looked. In addition, I got so many compliments on my eye makeup. Gerine took extra time on my bridal makeup because she wanted it... Read More perfect. The perfection last all night! In addition, my hair was exactly what I wanted and it didn't move an inch all night. Rebecca was great on hair. If you're looking for a makeup artist, Gerine is the one...no doubt!

Excellent makeup and hair service!!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 kara j

Gerine did a great job on my makeup for my wedding - she was professional, honest, responsive to emails and phone calls, and very sweet and easy to work with overall. She listened to my requests and helped me create the look I wanted for my wedding day. Thanks Gerine!! I... Read More would highly recommend her to anyone needing makeup services for their special occasion!!!!

2013-08-24T14:20:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Had such a fun time working with you :)

Professional and Talented

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Diana H

Gerine did a super job with every aspect of planning and helping make sure I looked beautiful on the big day!! :)

So Thankful I Found Gerine!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Alissa G

I did a trial with Gerine for my engagement photos and she gave me the natural, soft look I was going for without much direction. I brought a few photos and we discussed before she began. I also used her for my wedding and was beyond pleased with the results. I was a bit nervous... Read More because we weren't doing the natural look I had for my engagement photos since it was an evening wedding. We went more dramatic and glamorous. I don't wear much makeup and she was conscious of that while still making me look phenomenal. I was IN LOVE with my makeup in person and in pictures, as were all the other girls (my mom and bridesmaids) who had their makeup done by Gerine. Not to mention she is so fun and sweet...she provides a calmness you'll need on your wedding day!

Couldn't be any happier!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Kayla M

Gerine did an amazing job with my bridesmaid and my makeup for my wedding day. I was so grateful she came to my room and was still able to provide the same quality I would get in a salon. I received so many compliments. Thanks Gerine!!!

Beauty Queen

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Liz Y

I wouldn't have trusted my wedding day make-up to anyone else, but Gerine! She is awesome! Very nice, professional, and she did an amazing job. My make-up looked any felt beautiful, and it lasted all night! It definitely made a difference in the pictures too. She did my... Read More bridesmaids' make-up and they all looked fabulous as well.

Simply PERFECT

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Ilze K

Gerine is a pro! She made us all look stunning and I felt so pretty! She knows how make up photographs and she will make you look like a million bucks in your wedding pictures. It was perfect and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Gerine!!

2013-06-15T11:56:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Ilze! You looked stunning! so happy to be a part of your wedding day. Congratulations!

Thank you Gerine!

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 Dani W

Gerine did an amazing job on the make-up for my wedding. Not only did she listen to me when I told her what I was comfortable with, but she was able to incorporate her expertise and move me out of my comfort zone to make me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day. She was a... Read More true professional. Importantly, she helped keep the chaotic preparation time before the wedding peaceful with her calm demeanor and ability to focus while working with and around others. I would recommend her without reservation.

2013-04-30T23:16:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you!So glad I got to be apart of your special day.

Make up

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Nina L

Gerine was amazing! She was on time and got everyone's make up done with time to spare. The make up was very natural and lasted the entire night! The best part is she didn't cake it on like some make up artist. I would highly recommend gerine!

Gerine was amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Valerie L

Had such a great experience! She was so fun and easy to work with! She did my makeup and makeup for all of my bridesmaids... Including my mom. We all were extremely happy! Everyone looked beautiful! She met with me twice before my actual ceremony to make sure she knew exactly... Read More what I wanted. I would definitely recommend her!! Would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Absolute sweetheart

Reviewed on 4/06/2013 Claudette B

Gerine did and amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding and I got married in a down pour on the beach! My hair and makeup still held up. People still comment to me how beautiful my hair looked that day. She not only gave me one trial but two with no issue. I would... Read More recommend her to any bride!

2013-04-07T22:19:08 Response from the vendor

Thank's Claudette! I loved working with you, even though my Arizona beauty always brought the rain,lol!!! I had such a great time with you and your family. Thank you so much :)