Beauty by Joy - On Location Airbrush Makeup Artistry

Servicing all areas from Morgantown, WV to Pittsburgh, PA.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1445 Washington Rd, Washington, PA Servicing all areas from Morgantown, WV to Pittsburgh, PA. (724) 366-3312

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Christy S

Joy and Mary Beth provided make-up for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law on my wedding day at Carnegie Museum in December 2017. I couldn’t have been happier with the results, and I know everyone else was equally satisfied. My bridesmaids are still commenting... Read More on how much they loved their make-up on my wedding day. At my trial, Joy gave me a look that was flawless and timeless! On the day of my wedding, everyone looked amazing! I was so calm all day because I knew I was in such great hands. Our makeup looked perfect all night long! I can’t recommend Joy enough, she is so talented and you can tell she really loves what she does. Thanks again for everything, Joy!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Macae D

Prepared to look flawless? Enter Joy from Makeup by Joy. I found Joy the best way possible… my husband (fiancé at the time) and I attended a friend’s wedding in Pittsburgh, PA and I was so awe-struck by the bridal makeup that I couldn’t wait to learn who the bride's makeup... Read More artist was. The bride (already a natural beauty) was simply stunning and looked like the very best version of herself. I don’t wear a ton of makeup in my every day so I wanted my makeup to be dramatic enough to photograph beautifully but not too dramatic where my fiancé was wondering who he was standing next to! I set up a makeup trial with Joy, which was like a spa-day come true. I felt completely pampered heading into her studio where for over an hour, she created ART on my face! Let’s start with the airbrush makeup. Joy airbrushes all of her brides – and their bridesmaids – because it gives everyone a clean and finished look. I couldn’t agree more. My skin glowed. My cheekbones popped. My breakout from the copious amounts of wine I drank the night before… HIDDEN! The best part, it’s not caked on… meaning makeup wasn’t stuck in my fine lines. Then, eyes… I love a fake eye lash but (like so many others) have NO CLUE HOW TO PUT THEM ON or what looks best. Joy walked me through multiple pairs and we chose one that made my eyes POP but I felt comfortable in (length and volume wise). Then… she added SPARKLE! I’m a huge fan of glitter (as a way to complement – not take over) so when Joy suggested adding a bit of gold sparkle to my eye lids to coordinate with the gold threading in my wedding dress, I was sold. I thought, “this woman gets me”. I liked Joy’s work so much in my trial, that I booked her to do my makeup for my boudoir bridal shoot a few weeks later. She modified my look so that it was a bit more sultry but again, applied just enough so that it came across on film. Oh, and she contoured my collar bone – once more, the wonders of airbrushing! Going into the wedding day, I wasn’t worried about a thing. I knew that Joy and her team would deliver the best makeup service possible for both myself and the special ladies in my life. Everyone walked away loving their look and felt so confident walking down the aisle. Thank you Joy for making me feel so very comfortable in my own skin and for highlighting all the right features! You truly made me feel like the very best version of myself on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lyndsay P

Joy was really great to work with! She's extremely talented and was very accommodating. She took ample time during my trial to make sure I had a look I loved for my wedding day. My makeup lasted the entire day and looked gorgeous in photos. Thank you for everything, Joy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Joy is the best of the best, not only did she do an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding , I continue you to use her for multiple events!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sara M

Joy is AMAZING!!! She was so accommodating, professional, fun and is absolutely the best makeup artist I have ever had!! She took her time during my trial to make sure my wedding day makeup was perfect and that’s exacly what it was PERFECT!!She made me feel so beautiful on my... Read More wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jessica R

So glad I found Joy to do my makeup on my wedding day! She made me feel beautiful and the make up lasted all night. I received several compliments on my makeup on my wedding day also. Definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Krissy P

Joy was a lifesaver! She was super professional and great with what makeup she chose. She did my bridal makeup and then also for my mom and teenage daughter. We all felt so beautiful for the big day! Joy came on location to my home! So pleased!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ellen R

Joy is a wonder to work with. She has a great personality and communicates well when talking about makeup. Her work is lovely and lasted the entirety of my wedding day! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Hillary S

Joy was fabulous to work with! She was super accommodating (we had a lot of girls needing to get ready in a tiny cabin) and her work was stunning. I look back on my photos and can't believe it's actually me!! My makeup was absolutely perfect! She listened to my wants and didn't... Read More do anything without checking with me first (I'm a false eye lash newbie!) I would highly recommend her and her team for any time you need to look your absolute best! My bridesmaids and I have been joking that we need an event as an excuse to hire her again! I cannot rave about her enough :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Val M

Joy was amazing! She made me feel very comfortable. She really listened to me and gave advice off of my suggestions which was very important to me. She was very professional, on time and so sweet. My sister is getting married next year and we are using Joy again because everyone... Read More was so happy with the results! I highly recommend using her for the most important day of your life! Xo

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Anjelica T

Joy did such an excellent on my mother, sister and I for my wedding on July 30! She was very reasonably priced and came to Morgantown, WV. She knows exactly what she is doing and made me feel like a million bucks.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alyssa C

Joy and Allie did mine and my bridal party's makeup on July 15 on-site. The arrived in plenty of time to ensure everyone was finished in enough time for pictures. Joy is great to work with and so fun! It's obvious she truly enjoys what she does. She takes her time and makes sure... Read More everyone is comfortable with how the makeup feels/looks on. Even during the makeup trial, she really took her time to get to know me, my style and the look I was going for. I highly recommend using the JL Makeup ladies!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley H

Joy did mine and my bridesmaids makeup yesterday for my wedding and I can't say enough good things about her ! She was super nice and fun and everyone loved my makeup. Very highly recommended !!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Erica A

Joy and Mara bent over backwards to help me over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend when I had a cancellation before my wedding. They were quick to respond to my email and made it possible to have a last minute makeup trial for my rehearsal dinner and then makeup on site at my... Read More wedding. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and flexibility during a stressful time!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Emily S

Joy was amazing!! She was fun, easy to work with and our makeup was perfect!! I highly recommend hiring Joy for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Michelle K

Joy travelled to Deep Creek MD to do myself and my bridesmaids makeup and the process could not have been easier! She did such a great job and we got many compliments about the makeup. The best part is that it stayed perfect all day and night, even through countless hours of... Read More dancing! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist, especially for their wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Sarah H

I would highly recommend using JL makeup studio! They did a phenomenal job at my wedding. All my girls looked amazing and our makeup looked just as good at the end of the night as it did at the beginning. They were wonderful to work with and very professional.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Christine C

Bottom line, Joy made me feel flawless on my wedding day. It really felt like I was getting advice from a great girlfriend about what did / did not look good on me. I had a number of girlfriends getting married at the same time as me and, I can say with complete confidence,... Read More Joy was the most responsive, flexible, patient makeup artist I could have worked with in the Pittsburgh area. From the trial to the morning of my wedding, Joy kept me in the loop and was incredibly organized and professional with scheduling and listening to what I wanted. I've had my makeup professionally done in the past and have ALWAYS ended up going back to fix something on my own. For myself and my four bridesmaids, not a single one of us wanted to touch anything on our faces because we felt so beautiful. Joy takes the time to talk through her process with you to make sure that she was understanding what we wanted and how we felt about the looks. I truly felt like the best version of myself that day and would HIGHLY recommend Joy to any bride in the Pittsburgh area.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Alyssa B

Joy should be any bride's number one choice for wedding makeup. I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day. My makeup was more than perfect! I was so pleased with how my makeup looked and how it remained perfect throughout the entire day. Joy and her team were a... Read More pleasure to work with and I hope to work with Joy again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Sara S

Joy was absolutely amazing and such a pleasure to work with! She is so talented and was truly able to bring my bridal vision to life. Joy was incredibly accommodating and traveled to the apartment where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready -- she adapted to the guest bedroom... Read More and made it feel like a real make-up studio! Her work is absolutely flawless and worth every penny! I would highly recommend Joy for any wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mary Beth P

Joy IS the best ever!! She will make you feel an look like your most BEAUTIFUL you!!! Joy is not only over the top knowledgable, her fun personality and love of makeup is contagious!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Karen R

All my sessions with Joy have been wonderful--she is fabulous to work with & extremely flexible & knowledgeable! She will always be my makeup artist for any event! Thanks, Joy, for the fabulous job you do!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Monica M

Makeup by Joy is flawless. She made me feel like a fairy princess. She was easy to work with and willing to listen to me.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brianna L

Joy did my make up for my prom and senior pictures and I absolutely love her and I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kaley R

Joy did my make up for a wedding. The airbrush was awesome, and lasted all day. She was very sweet and does great work. I highly recommend her to anyone needing their make up done for ANY event!!