Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists

Clark, NJ (845) 325-7986

Reviewed on 12/14/2017

Nicole has done my make up a few times now and has done an amazing job. I think she has so much talent!! Whenever I need my makeup done for an event or anything I will always go to her. She will never let you down!!

2017-12-14T09:53:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kacie D

Nicole recently did my hair and my four bridesmaids' hair for my wedding, and she was a fantastic addition to our wedding day team! Nicole was professional, yet still upbeat and fun. Having her positive energy in the room actually calmed my wedding nerves quite a bit! All my... Read More bridesmaids loved having her in the room with us, chatting and singing along to our getting ready playlist, and she was able to effortlessly achieve all of their visions for their hair (a mix of updos and half-down styles). I knew Nicole would do a great job because I had been very happy with my trial with her several months prior, where we settled on a beautiful, classic low bun. She was so easy to get in touch with, was extremely flexible with scheduling the trial, and was so warm and friendly in all of our interactions. She was so efficient on my wedding day that she actually finished everyone's hair with time to spare, which gave my bridal party some time to relax before photos. My new husband even mentioned how sad he was that he would never actually get to meet her since she had played such a big role in our day in making us all look so beautiful! I'm so glad I found a hair stylist as fun, flexible, honest, talented, and efficient as Nicole!

2017-10-27T09:40:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Gabrielle K

Nicole was amazing and such a pleasure to work with ! What’s unique about Nicole is that she does both hair and make-up and she’s amazing at both ! She’s punctual and very responsive, I sent her pictures and ideas of what I was looking for and she was able to provide suggestions... Read More and customize the look, the end result was amazing.! Also, all my bridesmaids were very happy with their make-up as Nicole truly listened to their requests. Some of my girls wanted a darker/stronger make-up and some very delicate and Nicole did an amazing job at both! Thank you Nicole for helping make my special day amazing !

2017-10-22T18:53:12 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Liz D

Nicole was a pleasure to work with. She was always on time and ready to go. She worked with what I wanted even when I changed my mind several times! The way she does makeup is perfect, natural yet it stands out. She really will do whatever you want her to do but will also... Read More give you some great suggestions. The makeup and hair lasted throughout the entire wedding. She also has a great personality and will keep your mind occupied as your nerves hit morning of. Everyone loved the way it came out and I felt beautiful. I highly recommend her!

2017-10-22T18:54:28 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Emma B

My wedding was on 6/3 and Nicole and Johanna were AMAZING. Nicole did everyone's hair while Johanna did makeup and not one of my bridesmaids had a bad word to say. Most of my girls were taking selfies - that's how you know they did a great job! One of my bridesmaids was even... Read More considering using them for her own wedding. Both of these ladies have such great personalities and were so fun to work with. My bridesmaids all had ideas and Pinterest pictures for what they wanted and Nicole and Johanna worked with them to make sure they ended up with what they wanted. They were also fast! They didn't rush or do a sloppy job; they were just extremely efficient. Including myself there were at least 6/7 people getting hair AND makeup and we were done in 4 hours. We all felt like a million dollars for the entire night.

2017-10-22T18:54:33 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ariel P

Nicole was a dream for my trial and wedding!! She did hair and makeup for me, two bridesmaids and my mom and all turned out perfectly! The girls got exactly what they wanted, and when my mom had no idea what she wanted Nicole made her look absolutely beautiful with no direction... Read More at all. She's a wizard with hair and makeup, and I felt gorgeous throughout my big day. My hair stayed the whole night (even when it rained on my head!!) and I got so many compliments. Not only is she truly skilled, but she also has a fantastic personality and made everyone feel wonderful getting ready. She had quite a distance to drive to get to us but got there exactly when she said she would. Nicole is completely worth it, I can't say enough great things about her!

2017-10-22T18:54:41 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Carolyn D

Nicole and Johanna were amazing! Nicole did the hair for my 6 bridesmaids, my mother, grandmother, cousin and me and everyone looked fabulous! Both ladies arrived at my hotel room on time and immediately began getting everyone ready. Nicole timed everyone perfectly - we were all... Read More ready on time, I was even done ahead of schedule! I didn't do a trial because Nicole had done a friend's wedding hair and it looked so good, I trusted her completely. Nicole was totally fine with that. I sent her a few pictures ahead of time and I could not have asked for a more perfect style. It was so elegant! Jo did an amazing job with my makeup - I told her I wanted to look like Adele and she delivered. Also both Nicole and Jo are hilarious, we were all laughing the entire time. Nicole and Jo were also flexible - a bridesmaid asked for some revamping to her style and Nicole worked with her. I asked for a darker lip shade and Jo worked with me. I would highly recommend both ladies for their professionalism and the value for quality of service. They made my wedding day gorgeous and stress-free! Thank you both!

2017-10-22T18:54:46 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Ryan Olivia L

Nicole is such a talent! She did my hair along with my 7 bridesmaids, mother-in-law AND grandmother-in-law for my November wedding in Chappaqua, NY. I already knew Nicole's talents prior to my wedding because she was the hair stylist for my sister's wedding as well. I didn't... Read More even look into other hair stylists when searching for vendors because I had such a phenomenal experience working with her during my sister's wedding and witnessing firsthand the diverse work she can do. Nicole was easy to communicate with and was very accommodating throughout the wedding planning process, which meant a lot to me since I planned my NY wedding from Boston. I thought that I wanted my hair one way, but then decided to go the complete opposite during my trial with her. She was patient and I never felt like I was annoying her with my indecisiveness; if anything she supported me as I struggled to figure out just what hair style I wanted. My hair trial was the day of my bridal shower, so after working with me on several looks she even created a beautifully braid for my shower that received numerous compliments. Rambling aside, Nicole was great to work with and knows how to handle picky brides and bridesmaids. She is incredibly efficient with her time (she remains on schedule without anyone feeling rushed and leaves time at the end of minor touchups and changes), and she can do literally any kind of hair style thrown at her. Nicole is also a great, calming presence to have in the bridal suite on the day of your wedding. She is truly a hair rockstar and I highly recommend her!

2017-10-22T18:54:53 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brittany G

Nicole and Johanna are incredible! Nicole did my wedding hair, along with my 5 bridesmaids, a friend, and both moms. Johanna did makeup for all of us. I could not believe how beautiful everyone looked - especially my mom, which was so special to see. These ladies are incredibly... Read More talented and professional, while still being SO much fun, which is important when you're spending 1/2 your wedding day with them. They were able to give all of us the perfect look, with very little guidance. I especially commend Nicole on her ability to transform my partially grown out inverted bob into a classy, feminine, '20s-inspired style. I can't recommend Beauty by Nicole enough - one of the best vendors I've ever worked with. Thank you ladies so much!

2017-10-22T18:54:59 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

I'm so happy that I chose Beauty By Nicole to do my hair on my wedding day. I had a smaller bridal party and on my hunt to find someone, I found that a lot of stylists required a minimum amount of people in order to come on location. Nicole came to our hotel with only four of... Read More us getting our hair done. She also brought along her incredible makeup artist Johanna. They did a fantastic job and everyone looked absolutely amazing. I have very fine hair which she somehow managed to get up into a full, gorgeous up do. Everything was perfect. She finished right on time and the morning went so fast because they both made everything so much fun. For the hair trial she will also come to you, which makes everything so easy. I can't recommend her enough!

2017-10-22T18:55:04 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Sherri G

I met Nicole when she did my hair for my best friend’s wedding. As soon as I started planning my wedding, I knew I wanted Nicole to do my hair and make up. I knew first hand that she did an awesome job. For my engagement photos, I had gone to someone else to do my make up and... Read More hated it. I felt it was way overdone and I didn’t feel like myself. I relayed my concerns to Nicole and she did my make up perfectly at the trial. Nicole was extremely friendly and professional. My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all got their hair and make up done and all were extremely pleased. I would highly recommend Nicole to anyone.

2017-10-22T18:55:10 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Brighid B

Nicole helped make dreams come true for my July 3 military wedding in West Point, New York. My hair and makeup was stunning, comfortable, and incredibly flattering / long-lasting considering the intense summer heat, and I truly appreciate her support and care along my wedding... Read More journey. I also loved my bridesmaids' unique up-dos, and my mother's classic wedding day look. I just can't say enough about Beauty By Nicole - THANK YOU!

2017-10-22T18:55:17 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Katie P

Nicole and Johanna did a beautiful job on hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, mothers, and me. They were able to work quickly and create hair and makeup that lasted all day, while still keeping a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. I had a hairpiece and veil that I didn't have... Read More the day of my trial, and Nicole very effortlessly incorporated it into my hair style. Very professional and easy to work with; I would absolutely recommend them to any bride!

2017-10-22T18:55:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Jennifer H

I felt like the most beautiful Bride on my wedding day, thanks to Nicole! From start to finish she did an absolutely amazing job! When I met up with her for my hair and makeup trial she helped me pick out the perfect combination for my big day even though I wasn’t quite sure... Read More about what I wanted. The communication back and forth was very thorough and she made sure to let me know what was going to happen throughout the whole process. On the day of the wedding, she showed up early and ready to get to work! My bridesmaids had Johanna do their makeup and she did a phenomenal job with them. They couldn’t stop raving about how much they loved their makeup and how much they loved both Nicole and Johanna. My hair and makeup lasted the entire night and my hair even lasted until the next day. I was getting complements on everything all night long! I would highly recommend Nicole and Johanna to anyone that is getting married. They are the most professional and amazing hair and makeup stylists that we have encountered and they made sure we were all beautiful for the wedding. Thank you so much for helping make my big day that much better!

2017-10-22T18:55:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/22/2016

I was really nervous about finding the perfect person for hair and makeup, but Nicole and Johanna are AMAZING!!! Super friendly, very professional, and awesomely talented. Nicole was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator (thank you Jennifer!) and after my hair and makeup... Read More trial, the decision was easy! Prices are very reasonable, and they will travel to you! I got married in August, so I was also really nervous about my face getting too shiny and sweaty in the heat of the summer. They reassured me with their makeup that would not happen, and not to worry. Sure enough, they were right!! No shine! The morning of, they got myself, plus all the bridesmaids, plus mother of the bride and groom done quickly and efficiently. Everyone looked GORGEOUS!!! After seeing their work, one of my bridesmaids liked Nicole and Johanna BETTER than the company SHE used for her own wedding last year, and recommended them to her sister who is getting married next year! I would DEFINITELY recommend these ladies to anyone! They’re awesome!! Thank you Nicole and Johanna for making everything simple and stress free, and thank you for making everyone look beautiful and flawless!!

2017-10-22T18:55:35 Response from the vendor

Loved our hair & makeup!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Alyssa G

Nicole and her team are AMAZING. I did my trial with Nicole and Johanna after what felt like forever searching for a hair/makeup artist that I felt comfortable with. I wanted to look naturally beautiful, and a lot of the other artists that I researched just looked too overdone.... Read More I showed them a few pictures to give them an idea of the look I was going for, and I was absolutely thrilled with my trial. Booking with Beauty by Nicole was so easy- the contract was simple and all the communication leading up to the wedding was professional, quick and consistent. For the day of the wedding, I had my six bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law getting services, and I was a little nervous about the timeline with so many people. I had nothing to worry about- Nicole and Johanna did incredible work, stuck to the timeline perfectly, and were so fun! They really made me feel so much more relaxed- it was a such a perfect fit, and we had some great laughs. I was even happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day than I was at the trial, and I didn't think that was possible. All the other ladies got different styles of hair/makeup, and they looked amazing and most importantly, they felt absolutely beautiful. We got compliments all day on our hair and makeup. Nicole and Johanna have a real talent for seeing the natural beauty in their brides, and making them look their best on their day. I would recommend Beauty by Nicole to any NJ bride- their packages and pricing are reasonable and their work speaks for themselves. Thank you!!! Beauty By Nicole *Bringing Beauty To You* responded with the the following comments: Thank you so much for this amazing review Alyssa. It makes my day to know you were so happy. Congratulations again!

2017-10-22T18:55:42 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

BEST HAIR/MAKE-UP ARTIST IN NJ!!! Nicole and her team are absolute experts. I met her through one of my bridesmaids. She came to my home for my trial and I knew then and there that I definitely wanted her for my wedding. She was professional, friendly and knew exactly the look I... Read More wanted to have as a bride. On my wedding day 8/30/2015, she was on-time and prepared. She had brought her notes from my trial and even remembered that I only wanted to use MAC cosmetics!!! My entire bridal party used her and her team for hair/make-up. She was efficient and got everyone's look just right. Our hair/make-up stayed put and beautiful all night. Even my wedding guests commented on how gorgeous we all looked. I love my wedding pictures and will always have Nicole and her team to thank for how stunning we all looked. Highly recommended!!! I will definitely use her and her team again!!! Ishanie Singh-Patrick.

2017-10-22T18:55:48 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 McKenna L

For some insane reason, I waited and waited to find a hairstylist. By the time I got started, the salons or stylists I had been eyeing were all booked up. I did a trial with a friend of a friend that was awful. I basically thought everything was doomed. Thankfully my coordinator... Read More Jeanne Stark (Hudson Valley Ceremonies) recommended Beauty by Nicole. All was not lost! Nicole came all the way to Queens for my trial just a few months before my wedding. She was super friendly and easy to talk to, and I instantly felt comfortable working with her. I was not entirely sure what I wanted for the wedding, so while Nicole did a great job I still wasn’t 100% happy with the style. But like the superstar she is, Nicole emailed with me in the months leading up to the wedding, sharing pictures and thoughts until we found something that would work. The day of the wedding we got started at 7:30 AM (sorry Nicole!) and had 12 people (her max) on her queue. I am still amazed thinking back now. She worked incredibly fast and no one’s hair suffered for it! Even the make-up team was talking about how impressed they were. I cannot recommend Nicole enough. When I look back at my wedding photos I will always be reminded of her hard work and amazing talent. Book her today!

2017-10-22T18:55:56 Response from the vendor

The Best of the Best

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Alexis Y

I was incredibly stressed at the prospect of searching for hair and makeup artists for my wedding. As someone who has worked in the industry, I am incredibly picky and quite honestly, am usually disappointed by the end result. Nicole is super friendly and she made the whole... Read More process easy. The work that Nicole and Johanna did was beyond stunning. My girls and I looked phenomenal and I could not have been happier with anyone else. You're crazy if you don't have them make you beautiful for your big day (trust me, they will!) :-)

2014-11-12T12:28:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this awesome review Alexis. It was our pleasure. Congratulations again :)

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Kelly C

Nicole and Johanna are absolutely AMAZING. They were so easy to work with and so much FUN on top of it. My bridal party and both of my mom's looked absolutely gorgeous and were so pleased with how their hair and makeup turned out. It's been three weeks since my wedding and my... Read More mother-in-law and I are still talking about how fantastic her hair and makeup turned out. She never felt so beautiful. As the bride, my hair and makeup came out exactly how I wanted it to look. I was so comfortable all night and never worried about either of the two. I still wear my wedding day lipstick now on a regular day basis and continue to receive so many compliments on it. Thank you so much, Nicole and Johanna. You guys are rock stars.

Look no further!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kelly d

Nicole and Johanna were amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better hair stylist or make up artist for my wedding. They were both amazing to work with, and made everyone look stunning! The hair and makeup were done flawlessly on everyone, and it lasted throughout the night.... Read More They were both professional, but definitely kept the conversations going so that the nerves didn't kick in. Brides - you must not look any further these ladies are your last stop! I can't stop raving about them.

Couldn't ask for anything more!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Laura S

Nicole did our hair and Johanna did our makeup. Nicole was absolutely fantastic. She did hair for myself and my bridal party. Each girl looked amazing and unique - which was exactly what we wanted. Nicole took her time with each girl, listened to what she wanted, and then made... Read More each girl look amazing. Nicole is very down to earth and easy to work with. When she did my trial a few months before the wedding, I wasn't sure what I wanted so she really worked with me on a couple different styles to really help me figure out what looked good. And she was right on target! Plus she is just a lovely person, which made the whole experience even more fun. On the day of the wedding, Nicole took her time with me, and really made me feel special. Johanna was terrific. She did my, my bridal party, and my mother's makeup, and she did a fantastic job with each of us. Like Nicole, Johanna is very easy to work with and she really makes you feel comfortable. Nicole and Johanna were wonderful and they made my girls and I look and feel beautiful!

2017-10-22T18:56:35 Response from the vendor

Amazing hair and makeup!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Fara T

Beauty by Nicole is INCREDIBLE. Nicole and Johanna did hair and makeup for myself and six other ladies in the bridal party who were all over the map in terms of age, skin color, hair type, and personality, and every single person ended up looking absolutely gorgeous! Best of... Read More all, our hair and makeup stayed in place all night (up to 3am!) without ever getting crusty or cakey -- a true miracle, considering that we were outdoors for most of the wedding and dancing all night! With almost no direction from me or any of the girls, Nicole and Johanna came up with unique and beautiful looks for each of us (especially for my hair, which was a stroke of genius on Nicole's part and looked so soft, romantic, and different that I got complimented on it all night). We all looked beautiful, but still like ourselves, which I think is the true test of great hair and makeup people. And, as an added bonus, Nicole and Johanna are the sweetest, most professional people to work with and a total pleasure to talk to while your hair and makeup is getting done! I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Jessica S

I found Nicole online through various wedding website reviews. I loved her work, especially when I went through her photo gallery on her website. In my online searches for hair and makeup, I found that I kept going back to her pictures. She was the one that I wanted!! I... Read More actually ended up booking her before I even had my trial, because I didn't want to take the chance of her booking something else on my wedding day. So about two months before the wedding, I had my hair and makeup trial. She came to my house and the first thing I have to say is that she is an absolute doll!! What a sweet and easygoing girl!! I loved her!! When she asked me what I had in mind, all I had to do was show her a few pictures of hairstyles that I liked and she went from there. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my makeup so I left that in her hands. I knew she would know the best colors for me based on my hair color, eye color, and complexion. When I looked at myself in the mirror when she was done, I felt beautiful!! She did a wonderful job!! :-) She took some pictures and made some notes so she would know what I would look like on the day of the wedding. And let me tell you, I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day because of Nicole. Everyone commented on how they loved my hair and makeup. It was so natural looking...I still felt like me...just with a little bit extra :-) Nicole also did my mom's hair and makeup, two of my bridesmaid's hair, and one bridesmaid's makeup. Everyone looked gorgeous!! I would absolutely recommend Nicole to any bride looking for a great hair and makeup artist!! She is fantastic and incredibly talented!! I'm actually going to be booking her for a makeup lesson because my eyes came out gorgeous and I want to be able to do that for myself when I go out for special events!! Thanks Nicole!! You are the best!! :-)

Raw talent

Reviewed on 7/16/2011 Michelle L

Nicole is unbelievable. I had her do my hair for my wedding on 6/11/11, in addition to 4 of my bridesmaids, and my mother in law. Not only did she BANG out each of our hair in 30 minutes or less, but she did EXACTLY what was showed to her in the pictures! She made it look sooo... Read More easy; THAT is talent. My hair is prone to friz, and there was NADA that night! ALL NIGHT it held up. Not only that, but after I took out all the bobbie pins and slept on it, the next morning my hair was awesome. FILLED with frizz-less curls. Thanks Nicole for 2 DAYS of fabulous hair!

2011-07-17T21:49:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Michelle, It is very nice to hear you were all happy with my services. You, your family, and friends were such a fun party to get ready. Congrats to you and your hubby. :)