Every Last Detail With Love

Beauty with Julie was created by the vibrant and passionate Julie Occhino. She is a highly trained beauty expert who has been working as a professional makeup artist for the past seven years. Julie specializes in customized bridal makeup, airbrush makeup, eyelash extensions, and skincare for your special day. Julie offers services on location and is happy to travel. Julie promises to give you her hand in a beautiful experience for your forever moment. Book with beauty expert Julie today!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

41 Arch Street , Green Island, NY (518) 368-1787

Absolutely Stunning!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Samantha

I found Julie after I had a horrible makeup trial with another vendor. I scheduled a make up trial with Julie just 3 weeks before my wedding. I was so nervous but Julie put me at ease and really listened and took the time to show me different options. She not only took the time... Read More to make me beautiful but she got to know me. After I left the make up trial I felt like I made a friend. Julie was extremely professional throughout the 3 weeks to the wedding day. She kept in contact with me and went over some changes I wanted to make. On my wedding day Julie showed up at 9am and literally worked nonstop until about 2:30-3pm maybe even later! She didn't once complain she was cheerful and excited just like all of us! Julie scheduled all my bridesmaids perfectly so I was the last person. My makeup looked beautiful absolutely beautiful- all of my bridesmaids looked gorgeous as well. Julie was detailed in not just my make up but all of my bridesmaids and that was really important to me bc I wanted them to feel absolutely beautiful too! I can't express enough how stunning she made everyone look! Once all of us were done my husbands mother came in saw how great we all looked and asked if Julie would do her make up as well. My mother in law wasn't scheduled and Julie had worked all day but without any hesitation she said yes! Overall, Julie went above and beyond! She is a very talented and gifted make up artist not to mention she is one of the kindest person I have ever met.

2014-07-11T09:41:34 Response from the vendor

I can't express enough how much this means to me!! I am so happy you and your bridal party had such a beautiful experience!! It was a pleasure working with you, your bridal party, and family! Thank you so much for choosing Beauty with Julie.... Read Less Read More

Amazing makeup artist!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Erin H

I really can't say enough great things about Julie! I'll start from the beginning--I met her initially at a bridal expo with a friend (and bride) of mine. As soon as I contacted Julie afterwards she immediately got back to me and I was able to schedule a makeup trial with her!... Read More Julie is so easy going and time oriented that she actually did mine and my friends trial together-it was so much fun and I definitely recommend!!(be sure to make plans the day/night of your trial because you're going to look amaazing!!! Julie not only does makeup she does airbrush and lashes (which I wish she could do for me on the daily!). At the trial Julie was very professional and not only listened to the type of look I was going for, but what colors would compliment my skin as well. She has a variety of awesome makeup and it was fun to try different shades of colors, etc. Naturally, I booked Julie to do my makeup for my engagement pictures and I loooved it. I told her I wanted a "natural" look and that's exactly what she did! My skin looked flawless and my eye makeup was amazing with a light brownish smokey eye (plus lashes because I'm obessed!) Julie even did my makeup for my bridal shower--she is truly amazing because she was able to come over last minute for that-phew!! On my wedding day, Julie was on time, very professional, always with a smile on her face and so cheerful!! She did mine and my 5 bridesmaids makeup and everyone looked SO beautiful!! I absolutely loved my wedding makeup and it all stayed in place throughout the ENTIRE night!! I recommend Julie to all brides. She is great!!!!!

2014-10-06T09:06:59 Response from the vendor

Erin, Thank you so much for your kind review!!! I appreciate it SO much! It has been such a pleasure working with you!! Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of such a special day!! You are a true sweetheart and... Read Less Read More

This woman is FABULOUS

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Jillian B

Julie has been a long time friend of mine and I was so excited that she was willing to come out and do the makeup for my wedding party. Julie is very accommodating and even came to my house to do a trial for myself and my mother. My mom is VERY picky but with Julies charm and... Read More talent she won my mom over!! Julie also provided my mom and I with Prima Diva lashes, which were awesome! Mine stayed on for 3 weeks no problem! As for the day of, I couldnt have asked for a better makeup artist. She came the day before to make sure she knew where she as going. She showed up on time and ready to roll the day of. She did such a great job with all the girls and my mother and mother in law. I would recommend this lovely lady to anyone! Thank you so much Julie :)

2014-10-06T09:04:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jill for your kind review!! I am so appreciative!! It was a pleasure sharing your special day with you and your family! I remember like it was a yesterday our countless laughs in middle & high school and I couldn't be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Autum G

I cannot thank Julie enough for the amazing job her and her assistant did on my special day!! My bridesmaids still rave about how beautiful they felt. I felt like a movie star. I would HIGHLY recommend Julie for any special occassion, as she is not only prompt and... Read More professional, she is also kind, sweet, and caring. She put 110% in ensuring every single bridesmaid was feeling wedding ready. Thanks again Julie! <3

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Jen G

Julie is so wonderful!!! From the moment we met at my trial session, I knew that Julie was the perfect person to make me look my very best on my wedding day. She was open to and supportive of every idea I had, adding genius suggestions that can only come from experience and... Read More passion for what she does. On the wedding day itself, she and her partner were friendly and relaxed, while perfectly keeping our schedule. It was the best I could have possible hoped for, and even our photographers were amazed by their work and professionalism!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Amanda A

Julie is the makeup artist you want on your wedding day! From my bridal trial to my actual wedding day makeup, Julie did an amazing job! She was so sweet from the first time I met her. On my wedding day, she came with an assistant Brittany. Both did a fabulous job on the makeup... Read More for the bridal party! Julie went beyond just caring about how my face looked. I have a skin condition on my arms and under my neck and Julie was so nice, she covered everything up so my skin looked flawless! I definitely hope to work with her again in the future! Book Julie for your wedding day makeup now!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Kelly H

I worked with Chelsa for my wedding makeup and am so happy with how everything turned out. She really listened to what I wanted and was patient enough to do 2 separate trials with me and answer all questions I had via email. She did makeup for me, my 3 bridesmaids, my mom, and... Read More MIL and was very quick and everyone looked amazing. I'm so appreciative of everything she did and would definitely recommend Beauty with Julie!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Meridi M

I used Beauty with Julie for my wedding last week, and was so happy with how everything turned out. We worked with Chelsa, and she did my makeup, my mom's makeup, and makeup for four of my bridesmaids (and even a little bit of cover-up for my brother too!). Chelsa did a... Read More beautiful job on each person, and managed to do all of that work within just a few hours. Overall, I'm very happy with Beauty with Julie, and would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Melissa R

Julie is such an incredibly talented makeup artist - not to mention the sweetest! She did my wedding makeup as well as my makeup for my baby shower. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on two very important days in my life! She has a way of making you feel incredibly relaxed... Read More and comfortable while you get your make up done - and then once you see the end result you are stunned! I can't recommend her enough! She has an amazing talent and is so professional. Thank you again Julie! Xoxox, Melissa Nosal

Awesome

Reviewed on 1/19/2016

I used Beauty with Julie for my makeup for my wedding on October 16th 2015. I received Julie's name from my photographer. I have never been one much for makeup as I can really only apply eyeliner and mascara but Julie made me feel very comfortable and was so nice during my... Read More makeup trial and helped me even though I wasn't sure of what I wanted. Julie did the make up for myself, 4 bridesmaid, and my mother all by herself and never once took a break! Everyone in my bridal party was so happy with their makeup and it lasted all day without a problem. I would recommend Julie to any bride looking for a make up artist or just anyone who wants to get dolled up and go out for a night on the town. Can't wait to have my makeup done again by Julie!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Julie M

I found Julie at a bridal show at the same venue where I was getting married. I am also a Julie so I knew I had to chose her to do my wedding makeup! From the start Julie was very personable and such a kind person! She responded quickly to all of my emails and answered all... Read More the questions I had. I booked a trial and knew I had to have her do my wedding makeup. Julie also ended up doing my engagement photo makeup which turned out gorgeous! After this I couldn't wait for her to do the makeup for my wedding. She sent an itinerary for the day and the day of she was prompt. With 3 girls and myself we had plenty of time for all. Everyone loved their makeup and I received so many compliments, especially on the lashes! It was raining and the makeup stayed on all night for pictures and dancing. Look no further for you wedding and engagement makeup artist! Julie is the BEST! Thank you so much for making me beautiful :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Jen F

Julie is truly a one of a kind person! She is not only amazing talented at makeup, but she’s one of the sweetest people I’ve come to know recently! Julie and Chelsea traveled for my wedding and, with eight bridesmaids, myself, my mother, my grandmother, and a friend…they worked... Read More through the morning in a very timely and professional manner to get everyone done on time. Julie just has this wonderful way of making everyone feel at ease and because she’s so talented…you know you’re in good hands! Julie was also instrumental with organizing our wedding day beauty timeline. My advice: Julie is a go-to for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Lauren W

I randomly found Julie on the knot for my wedding and I am the luckiest bride to have found her. I live down on Long Island and was getting married up in Lake Placid. Julie worked with my schedule to allow me to come up and do a makeup trail which allowed me to really let her... Read More know what it is I wanted for my big day. Julie then traveled all the way up to Lake Placid for my wedding weekend and I couldn't be happier that she was there. She was sweet, welcoming, trustworthy and made myself, my nine bridesmaids and my mother feel absolutely beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a better make-up artist for the most important day of my life. STOP LOOKING for someone to do your makeup and trust Julie that she will make you look and feel beautiful!! She is extremely talented and her love for what she does shows in her work.

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Jennifer K

I chose Julie to be my make up artist for my wedding. She has a great personality and did my makeup exactly how I wanted. I emailed her for tips and lip colors before the wedding she had great suggestions. On my wedding day, I was extremely nervous before the ceremony and she... Read More was also very comforting and attentive. After my makeup was done, she gave me a make up bag to use during the wedding if i needed any touch ups. She also did several of my bridesmaids makeup who were also very happy with Julie and her assistants work. I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married and wanting to look like a picture perfect bride on their wedding day!

Beauty with Julie is great

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Elizabeth K

I had Julie do my make-up for my wedding, and she truly listened to what I wanted. I'm so glad I did a trial first; it gave us both a very good idea of what was best on my wedding day. I was so pleased with how natural I looked, but at the same time, how well the photographs... Read More came out because of her work. She also did make-up for all 3 girls, and they were just as pleased. I highly recommend a trial before the wedding and to talk with Julie about exactly what your want. She'll listen and then make you look fabulous!

Review of Beauty with Julie - Hair and Makeup Wedding Trial

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

I recently had my makeup trial for my wedding with Julie. Julie also did my hair for me since I was going to a family photo shoot afterwards. I have to say, Julie is one of the sweetest and nicest people I have ever met! She immediately made me feel comfortable and I felt like... Read More I was chatting with an old friend while she worked her magic on me! Julie did the airbrush and lashes on me, and the results were stunning! I have never felt so pretty. She also styled my hair into some loose, romantic curls for the photo shoot. All of the makeup and hair stayed in place throughout the rest of the day and into the night. It even lasted throughout the 90 degree weather we were having, and I was outside for a large portion of the day afterwards. The makeup also photographed perfectly. I was totally confident going into my photo shoot, and for once was not worried about the way I looked, thanks to Beauty with Julie! Any bride, or just anyone who gets to work with Julie is lucky to have her!

Look no further!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015

Julie was amazing!!! Right from the start Julie was very professional! She sent me back a message right away saying she was available for my wedding day and then we got started planning. She took her time on each girl and really paid attention to detail. She asked what look we... Read More wanted and was able to do that or we put our trust in her ideas and couldn't have been happier! One of the things I heard all night was how amazing my eye lashes were! I have been in many weddings and have had my make up done in each one. No one even compares to Julie! I highly recommend you have her do your make up for your special day. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Wedding Makeup

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Meghan B

I used Julie for both my shower and wedding. She was extremely attentive to my wants while taking into account what would work best. I didn't love the airbrush makeup during the original trial so she adjusted perfectly for my shower and wedding day makeup. Julie was beyond... Read More flexible and even willing to travel to the Rutland, VT area in February to accommodate my wedding party! She listened to everyone's concerns, especially my mom's and everyone looked beyond gorgeous! I would highly recommend working with Julie. She's fun, very knowledgable and exceptionally affordable!

She'll make you look like the best version of you!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Matt S

I met Julie at a bridal show and instantly loved the makeup she had on and her great personality. I just went for a makeup trial for my wedding this fall and she did an amazing job...I didn't realize how great I could look! I felt that I still looked natural but like an enhanced... Read More version of myself. I can't wait to have have my shower and bridal makeup done! She makes you feel very comfortable; it's like having a close girlfriend do your makeup! Thanks again, Julie!!! -Lauren K.

2015-01-28T11:43:39 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with Lauren! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy to have met you at the Pat's Barn Bridal Show and I am looking forward to working together for the next year!! Loving the tag line... Read Less Read More

Wedding makeup

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Nicole A

I just recently had my makeup trial with Julie and it went better than expected. I'm not the biggest fan of makeup but Julie was very easy to work with and valued everything I was concerned about. I'm so looking forward to my wedding day and working with Julie again!

2015-01-28T11:46:02 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with Nicole! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled to be sharing your special day with you and your family in May of 2015! Thank you again :)

Beauty with Julie

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

My mother and I met with Julie for my bridal makeup consultation and booked her on the spot! She listens your wants and needs, and is so friendly and outgoing! I left my consultation feeling like a million bucks! I highly recommend Julie, you won't be disappointed!

2015-01-28T11:47:08 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you Emily and meeting your mom! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy you loved your make-up, you are a gorgeous bride!! Very excited for your special day in July! Thank you again! Xo

Wedding Makeup

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Angela F

I recently got married and hired Julie to do my make-up along with my Mother, Grandmother and Step-Mom. Julie is amazing! I don’t typically wear a ton of make-up and never get my make-up done professionally. Julie took her time with me during my make-up trial and created a... Read More look that I loved! I loved her work and the experience so much that I had Julie do my make-up for my bachelorette weekend as well. Julie did such a great job the day of the wedding that one of my bridesmaids ended up getting her make-up done when she wasn’t planning on it. She just bought all new products for the wedding and decided to have Julie do it after witnessing what a great job she does. Everyone looked gorgeous and loved how the make-up turned out. My Grandmother originally didn’t think she should get her make-up done. She ended up loving it and asked Julie for the products she used and for some tips! Not only is Julie awesome at what she does, she is a ton of fun to work with! It felt like spending an hour with a friend while getting your make-up done. When my husband saw me he couldn’t believe how beautiful I looked. For someone who doesn’t like make-up at all, it was a big deal to have his approval. I highly recommend any future brides to book Julie as soon as possible! I’m hoping to have another event in the future just so she can do my make-up again :)

2015-01-28T11:48:37 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with Angela!! Thank you so much for your sweet review! I appreciate it very much! I am thrilled to be sharing your special day with you and your girls in April :) Can't wait to glam you for your bachelorette... Read Less Read More

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Elizabeth J

Julie was amazing!!! My makeup looked so stunning! I absolutely loved it!! She was so friendly and sweet! I would absolutely recommend her again!!!

2015-01-28T11:49:10 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure sharing your special day with you! I appreciate your kind words! Xo

Fabulous Experience

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Jennifer S

I was refered to Julie by another bride. When I saw the results in her wedding photos I was so impressed with her work I knew that I had to meet her. Now I'm not sure how many of you brides out there are like me, but I am as tomboyish as they come and I wasn't looking for any... Read More kind of over the top glamor makeup, I want to look natural on my big day. Being that I have very bright blue eyes, that was the only thing that I really wanted to stand out while still looking natural, and not knowing a single thing about makeup or how to apply most of it, I was a little intimidated when I was heading in to meet with Julie for my trial. Upon meeting her, let me tell you, you won't find anyone sweeter to work with. She was warm and welcoming and wanted to hear all about my fiancé and I and our journey to the altar. She also was great at walking me through each step as she was applying my makeup. I gave her a pretty vague description in what I was looking for and without fail she did an amazing job. I went home to my fiancé and he got very emotional upon seeing my transformation. He couldn't thank Julie enough for, in his words, "enhancing my natural beauty". We both are so grateful and cannot wait to have her share in our wedding day! Thank you so much again Julie!!!

2015-01-28T11:50:11 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you!! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled to be sharing your special day with you and your family! Your love story is amazing and I am so happy to witness just a beautiful beginning!... Read Less Read More

Wonderful Job!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Emily T

Julie did such an amazing job on my wedding day makeup. She understood exactly what I wanted. When I was hesitant to use the airbrushing from a previously bad experience, I trusted that Julie understood my skin complexion and it looked perfect! The false eyelashes I had... Read More looked very real and natural- not too over the top. We had such a fun time getting ready with Julie and I highly recommend her to any brides and wedding party members.

2014-11-05T08:47:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review Emily! It was a pleasure sharing your special day at the Hancock Shaker Village with you and your bridal party! Such a beautiful wedding for a wonderful couple! Congratulations to you and Simon!! Wishing you both a... Read Less Read More

Julie Occhino

Beauty with Julie was created by the vibrant and passionate Julie Occhino. Julie is a graduate of Cazenovia College with a Bachelor in Fashion Merchandising. She is a highly trained beauty and make-up expert who has been working as a make-up artist for the past seven years. Julie is a Licensed Aesthetician, Certified Eyelash Extensionist, Science of Sephora certified, and a Rodan and Fields Independent Skincare Consultant. She is most appreciative for her wonderful clients and amazing support system who have inspired her sparkling success, and most of all she believes in everything LOVE! Xo