Bedford Village Inn

Bedford, NH

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Perfect Setting for Your Dreams!

From the moment you step onto our nationally acclaimed, Four Diamond property you know that this is the setting for your unforgettable wedding. Our beautifully landscaped 10-acre farm estate features wisteria-draped walkways or snow-capped silos, seasonal gardens and fountains.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Barn/Farm, Hotel/Resort, Inn/B&B, Restaurant

2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, NH

excellent

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Diane B

the Bedford village inn exceeded my expectations! They were professional in every way. I would highly recommend them for your event.

Fantastic small wedding!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Helen M

My husband and I got married this past weekend at the Bedford Village Inn. When planning our wedding, we had decided that we wanted a small wedding with close friends and family at a small park in the area and then wanted to treat them all to a fantastic dinner at a nice restaurant. We started to look around to various restaurants in the Manchester/Bedford area and decided on Bedford Village Inn based on good experiences as diners in the past. We could not have been happier with how everything went. First of all, Melissa, the event planner for the BVI, was courteous and professional throughout the planning. She never tried to sell us more than what we wanted and was organized throughout our time with her. We settled on renting the overlook room and have a three course dinner which allowed our 20 guests different options of what they wanted to order. We also requested our own bartender for an open bar, which they provided at no additional cost. The night of the wedding, our dinner was supposed to start at 6pm. Our ceremony didn't take as long as originally thought and many of our guests were there around 5:15. The management allowed us all to have a drink in the Tavern while we waited for the room to be finished. The room itself was perfect. It was private and cozy, as well as decorated beautifully. They had an amazing spread of appetizers (which we had selected beforehand) and our cake was on display as we walked in. We chose to have one large table so that we could all sit together since it was such a small wedding party and our place settings were very nice. The food was fantastic. We were able to pick three dinner options beforehand and have our guests order once they were seated, as well as two salad options and three desserts. Everyone raved about the food and the wedding cake was great as well. Last, but certainly not least, the wait staff was wonderful! Everyone we came in contact with was kind and courteous. They did a great job being there when needed but giving us our privacy so we could have a great time. Overall, I couldn't recommend BVI enough. The entire experience was everything we had hoped for and we are so happy we decided to host our wedding here.

Bedford Village Inn September 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 nikki t

My wedding at the BVI could have not been more perfect. I had only a little over 2.5 weeks to plan my wedding due to family circumstances and the BVI was there every step of the way being so accommodating to everything. The day of the wedding, Patty (from the BVI) was at my side all night making sure everything went smoothly and if I needed something it was there. I couldn't have thanked them enough! Highly recommend the BVI to anyone looking at venues.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Megan H

My husband and I were married at St. Anselm College in April 2015. When we began our reception venue search, we looked at a handful of places close by. Bedford Village Inn was the clear winner because of the unique setting and the abundance of experience they have with weddings and events in general. From the time you book an appointment to take a look, it’s clear that BVI has their act together. I am a very organized person, so I appreciated that BVI always fit in with my high expectations. They always had an answer for every question and kept the planning process running smoothly for the entire 14 months we had our wedding booked. We were provided with a comprehensive packet containing all package information (menu, alcohol, extras), a timeline of milestones with BVI, a list of “what to expect” on the day-of, and more! The final details appointment held several weeks before the wedding was absolutely fantastic and helped to set some of our anxiety about the details at ease. Megan Lawrence, the Wedding Coordinator, was extremely responsive and always a pleasure to speak with on the phone or via email. About a month before the wedding, we were speaking on a weekly basis. She never made me feel like my questions were silly or that she didn’t have time for me. Within five minutes of meeting her when we dropped off décor, my parents concluded that “she is perfect for this job.” They are right! On the morning of the wedding, Megan herself was helping to set up the reception and was very helpful in assisting me with some last minute details. Bree, the Event Manager, was also a pleasure. She helped with the room layout and seating chart at our final details appointment. She was present for the event set-up and through the entire reception. We found BVI to be pretty comparable in price to some other venues in the area, perhaps costing us a bit more in the end. Remember, when it comes to booking vendors for your wedding, you get what you pay for! BVI was worth every penny. If we had to do it all again, we wouldn’t change a thing!!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Karin K

Our 1.2.15 wedding at the BVI was everything we imagined and more! From our first meeting with Olivia, we knew that we had found someplace special (after all the other subpar venues we had seen) - all the staff at the BVI was fabulous - responsive, helpful and went above and beyond to make our day wonderful! Our friends and family are still talking about how perfect the location was, the amazing food and the wonderful and accommodating staff! The transition from the ceremony (which was held inside), to the cocktail hour, and finally to dinner was absolutely seamless - most guests said they didn't even notice it and the room was stunning - thanks to the gentleman who painstakingly hung ALL the Christmas decorations back up just for our wedding after the wedding the previous night had requested they be removed. Having the whole inn to ourselves for two days was absolutely one of our favorite parts of the BVI - all of our friends and family were able to spend more time together, and hang out in the Milk Room after the reception. It was such a special treat. The brunch the next day was delicious, and a nice way to end such a perfect weekend. Olivia, Candace, Bree, Patti and the rest of the staff were all truly exceptional. Olivia went above and beyond to answer any questions we had during the planning process and attended to the most minute details the day of the wedding. Candace (and Chelsea) were so helpful coordinating the room bookings - a process they made so easy and were there at a moments notice when I had any questions (which were a lot)! Bree was so amazing for the actual wedding - everything we needed was taken care of flawlessly! Every detail went smoothly, from the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception - nothing went unattended. Patti, my personal attendant for the day was amazing - from bringing me champagne in the bridal suite, staying with me just prior to the ceremony to cue me in, bustling my dress, to getting us drinks and appetizers - we never had to want for anything! The staff even put champagne, dessert and rose petals in our room during the reception, which was such a sweet touch. And a special thanks to the amazing waitstaff, bartenders, front desk, housekeeping, etc. who made our weekend perfect! Every single staff member at the inn was truly exceptional. In short - The Bedford Village Inn set a very high bar for any future weddings in our family. Chris and I both agree that the wedding could not have been more perfect, and we are so grateful for the staff of the BVI for making it all happen, perfectly. The BVI will always hold a special place in our hearts - thank you for bringing us so much joy!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Janelle S

The Bedford Village Inn was a wonderful venue for our November wedding! The whole team made our day flow seamlessly and the service was excellent. Megan was a huge help! We are so happy we chose the BVI!

Perfect venue for our winter wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Kristen

My husband and I got married at the Bedford Village Inn last month. The wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more. Megan, our planner, and Bri and Patti, our day-of coordinators, were absolutely fabulous! Megan worked with us from day one for all of the planning, vendor coordinating, budgeting, etc. She was able to get us a reduced rate due to our wedding being so close to Christmas. Her guidance and quick email responses kept me from losing my mind with stress throughout the year. Bri and Patti were there for us during the rehearsal and the entire wedding. They were so attentive to our needs and made sure everything happened promptly and in the right order. The Great Hall was all decked out for Christmas--their decorations matched our wedding perfectly! It was so beautiful and elegant. The staff also did an excellent job setting up all of the decorations that we brought over. It looked exactly the way that I wanted it to! The food was delicious, of course. They provided my husband and I with sparkling cider instead of champagne at the reception since neither of us drink. So accommodating! We had a hot cocoa bar and a photo booth, along with 9 guest tables. I was worried about it being too crowded, but the space was perfect. We were able to get pictures both inside and outside, which was wonderful, because the building and grounds are so lovely. The best thing about having our wedding at the BVI is that everything was taken out of our hands once we got there. They took care of set-up, break down, lining up the wedding party, and keeping everything on schedule. It was such a relief to be able to hand all of the details over to them and not have to worry about anything. Honestly, the price point is on the high end at this place, but for the service we received and the stunning location, it was worth every single penny. We couldn't be happier with our experience at the BVI!

Loved the Venue and the Service!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Jeanette J

(Mother of the bride here) The wedding was November 1, 2014 and nothing short of amazing!! The venue itself is beautiful (that's the main reason the bride and groom chose it!), but the service is what elevated it to superstar status. Olivia is the overall Social Sales Director, and not only was she nice and kind as expected, but she answered all our questions and constant stream of emails quickly and efficiently. She allowed us to bring in huge trays of cookies (an Italian tradition) to the reception. Not all places will allow you to bring in outside food, so this was very much appreciated. When we were outside the night before for the rehearsal, she was walking to her car to leave for the day but she doubled back just to give us all a hug and wish us good luck! Bree and Patty were our day-of coordinators and they were amazing!! (Bree was also there Friday night to direct the rehearsal) They couldn't do enough for us, and were always there with a smile and a, "What do you need? What can we do for you?" They brought us glasses of champagne during dressing time. When the DJ and photographer had differing times on when the bridal party would be introduced into the reception, they got them to split the difference so that they were both set up and ready to go at the same time. When I misplaced 450 cookies (only to find them in the conference room we used as hair and makeup station), they got them on the trays and out to the tables in record time. I can not say enough nice things about them. They decorated the bridal suite during the reception beautifully, with snacks and champagne and artfully placed rose petals. It looked lovely. The food was amazing as well, everyone raved about it! The appetizers were delightful, as were the meals. The waitstaff was excellent, very professional and polite. I would absolutely recommend BVI to anyone who wants a classy, elegant wedding! Jeanette Johnson Mother of the Bride Wedding date: November 1, 2014

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Claire T

I just got married at the BVI last month and our wedding came together beautifully. The staff there are pros and made the planning process easy, they are great with communication which is very important to me. It's a great venue if you have a lot of out of town guests (we did) because everyone can stay there, it's so fun! I had a glass of wine up at the wine bar with my aunts and cousins after our rehearsal dinner and then we all walked to our rooms after, I love the ability to do all that on the premises. Getting ready there the morning of was also a great perk, I could walk over to my parents' room and even peek in on the hall to see how the decor was coming along...I loved it! Food was amazing and they have an excellent wine cellar. Patti the head server is a true gem, my husband and I were blown away by how attentive she was! Only downside I experienced was I wish the schedule of the day was managed a little tighter... we did not hire a wedding planner because they have an in-house coordinator who we paid $450 extra to help with the ceremony off-site. I was waiting in the car and told someone would get me when it was time to walk down the aisle. No one came, so my dad and I went up to the church on our own and walked in just in time to see my MOH walk down the aisle. We almost missed it!!! Because of this I was more stressed and flustered then I wanted to be walking down the aisle as I had no time at all to collect myself, obviously I hated that. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner I would say go for it, otherwise everything else was wonderful! A truly lovely and unique venue with excellent customer service.

Beautiful, Elegant, Rustic!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Elizabeth C

The Bedford Village Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. My husband and I were just married there on 9/19 and it was magical! The location was perfect, if you are looking for somewhere GORGEOUS to do an outdoor ceremony and then have a warm, rustic, barn reception, but still feel elegant and classic! The whole team there was wonderful and took care of us the entire way, from the moment they met us until the very end. Melissa, Bre, and Patty were beyond responsive and made sure our day was absolutely perfect. We loved it!

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Becky R

Everything about the Bedford Village Inn was amazing! After visiting the Inn we fell in love with the grounds and old NH charm. Our ceremony outside was gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! Our wedding planner, Melissa, was awesome. She was always quick to respond to our questions and remembered every detail that we wanted. She was excellent to work with. The staff truly goes above and beyond. Bree and Patti made sure everything went perfect. They even left us a care package in our room at the end of the night with our dinners, desserts, and cake. It was such a great surprise after not getting a chance to eat all day! We continue to hear how amazing our wedding was. Everyone loved every detail! If you want a perfect wedding that has it all - go with the BVI. The entire experience surpassed our expectations!

September 27th, 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Stephanie P

We just had our wedding at the BVI last Friday and we are still glowing with how great everything was. From the first day, the BVI was willing to work with our budget and Stephanie Dolloff was amazing! She was willing to give advice and ideas and was always easy to reach. We were able to book appointments on the weekends when needed to go over everything that we needed and our questions were always answered. The day of my wedding was amazing! Bree Warren and Patty were so accommodating. I made almost everything for the wedding - centerpieces, favors, etc. and they were able to set everything up just as I had imagined it. The day went off without a hitch and with so much love and support around us. The food was AMAZING and many of our guests said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We loved that we were able to keep the party going in the milk room after the reception ended at midnight and that our closest friends and family were all able to stay in the same place. Over all, I would recommend the BVI to any bride looking for a rustic\chic wedding at a wonderful cost, you won't regret it!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Briana F

For months leading up to our wedding, anytime we talked with anyone who had been to the Bedford Village Inn before, they always gushed about their positive experience and after hosting our wedding there, we agree with them wholeheartedly. We could not have been happier with our choice of venue. We received many compliments from our guests about the scenic gardens, the gorgeous post and beam reception barn, and the excellent food and accommodations. Although a bit pricey, we fell in love with the BVI, and it was the perfect venue for us to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one convenient and beautiful place.

Our summer wedding at the BVI.

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Michelle B

The planning process went as smooth as can be expected. They were thoughtful and thorough. They offer many options and choices for a variety of budgets. Be advised there are "financial guarantees" to be met. However this is the norm in most venue spaces around the country. Also be advised, all 11 rooms at the inn are the responsibility of the bride and groom to fill. Even if they go un-used. At $200/night per room that can add up quickly. Sure the bridal suite is "free". The space is beautiful and cozy, unlike more large ball room type places. Our personal assistant Patty took care of us the day off and was very nice and professional. My only gripe about her service is that I had no idea when she left / was done for the evening. Our wedding reception ended at 12:00 AM. However a simple, follow up and formal exit would have been appropriate. Also, my ceremony flowers were left in a COAT CLOSET and not brought to the reception space post ceremony. You can imagine my disgust to see $500 in fresh flowers sitting in the closet when they were supposed to be placed inside and around the reception space. A very customary transition and use of beautiful fresh flowers. Questionable that true professionals were at work that night. WHO DOES THAT?? Who in their right mind puts fresh flowers in a closet??? Later in the night cookies, brownies etc were brought out for our guests which I did not know about until after they were all gone. Patty should have told me personally where they were and when. To make a long story short - for the money I paid I did expect damn near perfection. I honestly expected to be blown away by the service. That they would think of what I would want before I would want it. This was my first wedding so I was expecting to be absolutely taken care of. You are after all working with professionals who do this for a living but I couldn't tell. There were just to many little things that didn't go as I intended or expected. While my guests had the time of their lives they were blissfully unaware of any minor issues that night. My advice to future brides looking to use this venue is this: be absolutely clear of what your cake table, card/gift table and seating arrangement table should look like, include pictures if you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions and follow up even in the middle of your reception. Don't just assume they know what they are doing like I did. AFTERALL, we had a beautiful wedding, the food was awesome and everyone had the time of their lives.

Excellent

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Laura S

We had a great experience with the BVI. Melissa was attentive, professional and super helpful in planning our wedding. It was everything we could've hoped for.

Wonderful Experience, but a little bad after taste

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Jessica R

The place was beautiful and everything I requested was right. The night went without a hitch and the service was wonderful. We even had money left over on the consumption bar, which they allowed us to use on full bottles of wine! My only negative was that the tasting sample meals were not what we received during the wedding. The protein did not taste exactly the same, which is understand when you are cooking 150 of them. But the potato and veg was like a stir fry. It tasted great, but presentation was not great and I wanted the food to not be wedding food. It was wedding food. The other comment is to make sure that at the end of the night, if you provide bathroom amenity baskets, to bring them to your room. Ours were used but full at the end of the night and in the morning they were completely emptied out except for 1 item in each. I don't think that was my guests. Overall a wonderful experience, but those few comment left a bad taste in my mouth especially for the amount of money they charge. If you use them you can save money doing a consumption bar! Request the fries from the Pub as an appetizer. They were delicious.

Great Venue, Not the Service you pay for

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Ali L

When I saw the venue, I fell in love with the Bedford Village Inn. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing, but the little details were a little confused. We had requested a couple things - like champagne in the bridal suite for the girls when they were getting ready and the gentlemen to get ready in another room and there was confusion. They made up for it of course. Expect a couple days response time for emails. I was also often sent a run around for who to contact- be our wedding coordinator or the hotel or visa versa. One would tell me to contact the other and the other to contact the first. I was also disappointed when our initial contact left the company and we weren't informed- they said it was a mistake, but then it happened with our rooms contact again. It is just frustrating during the planning process and didn't need to be.

Loved BVI

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Allison M

We had our dream wedding at the Bedford Village Inn, it was everything we hoped for. Everyone was easy to work with. We were so happy to marry there!

Amazing day of, but a little tough in the planning

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Jillian W

I used BVI for me wedding and reception recently. Olivia had been me wedding coordinator through the planning process and I generally found her pretty unhelpful. I live far away and everything was via email, we only had a few strings back and forth, but getting pretty simple answers seemed to be difficult, like she wasn't really reading my emails. Also, my dad kept reaching out to BVI to organize a slide show he put together as a surprise. Between getting it organized with them and the DJ it was difficult for him and the timing ended up being off, resulting in the slide show happening when dinner was put out...so everyone ate cold food after the show was over. The week before my wedding I flew to NH to get everything in order. Olivia was out all week with a sick child but had never contacted me about that. I met with another girl there to discuss details and then additional items were finalized at the rehearsal. I felt like everyone there was making it my day, we discussed details ahead of time and no one bothered me on my wedding day with the small stuff, everything was as I had wanted it, every detail taken care of. The day of staff was terrific and everyone commented on how perfect and beautiful the wedding was. We had an excellent time and they took care of us very well. I would give them 5 stars for the day of experience, but Olivia loses one for them on the whole.

Cozy!

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 Cynthia C

Great place for a nice vacation!

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Moira D

The Bvi was awesome! Perfect picturesque feeling and the biggest thing to me was that we were the only wedding there and we had the whole place to ourselves! The staff is very accommodating and Olivia made all our concerns her own, and was ontop of everything! We were very happy and satisfied.

AMAZING PLACE TO HAVE A WEDDING!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 victoria c

The BVI amazing. All the help went over the top to makesure all my guest were happy. I could't of ask for more. This place is very classes and Elegant. Everyone has told me " It was the Best wedding they have ever been too".

Beautiful Venue but terrible customer service

Reviewed on 4/20/2012 Christina N

This is certainly a beautiful, charming venue and I was pleased we had our wedding ceremony and reception at this location. However, I have to say that the BVI itself was the worst vendor we dealt with. My wedding coordinator, Michele, took a long time reponding to my calls and emails, etc. She also RETIRED 2 weeks before my wedding and no one notified me. I found out myself after I called the BVI to inquire why Michele wasnt communicating with me. The BVI said Michele had mailed letters to all of the brides she was working with to let them know of her retirement, however I never received this. Additionally, although my rehearsal was booked 4 months in advance, they had somehow booked a "corporate" event that same night as well. My wedding rehearsal had to take place in the Milk Room (small room on the side), rather than the Great Hall (which is where the ceremony took place.) The Great Hall was swarming with close to 100 loud, intoxicated people. This was stressful and annoying. The day of the wedding, the service was mediocre. The waitstaff and my "butler" did an excellent job throughout the evening. However the day-of wedding coordinator, Bree, made a rude, snarky comment to the bridal party and also didnt know enough to light the candles on the centerpieces. My sister, the maid of honor, realized they weren't lit during the cocktail hour, and told her to light them. She was unprofessional and we were disspointed in this. The worst offense in my opinion, was the billing error the BVI made. After the wedding, I compared the amount we pre-paid for openbar with the final bar tally at the end of the night, and realized I was due a refund of close to $700. It is disappointing that the BVI didnt realize this, and if I hadnt said anything, they probably would have never noticed the error. The food was excellent and we were satisfied with the value. Wedding vendors should try to make the entire planning process as smooth as possible and always maintain their professionalism. Unfortunately our experience with the BVI added a lot of stress to an already stressful planning period. Regardless of our troubles with the BVI staff, we still had an absolutely beautiful and fun wedding!

BVI wedding

Reviewed on 4/11/2012 Christina L

Wedding was for 92 guests and it was off-season,which put BVI into our price range. They were wonderful to work with and made our wedding day very stress free.

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 1/19/2012 Jennifer F

In order to afford the venue, we ended up choosing a Sunday in January for our date. Because of this everything was discounted, which was important as we wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise. The result was a much pricier experience than we actually paid for, and we definitely got the best value for our money. Almost everything about working with the BVI was perfect. The space is so beautiful, and they did an incredible job with the food. They took care of setting everything up for us, and even provided us with a personal attendant on the day of so we didn't have to worry about anything. My only complaint is that we were not able to speak with the person in charge of setting up before the wedding, and one small but important detail got overlooked - a memorial vase I'd had engraved for my mother's memorial table, because she passed two weeks before the wedding, was not placed where it was supposed to be, and was not returned to us with all of our things. I'm not sure if it was misplaced or simply forgotten, but I was a little disapointed when I noticed it wasn't there. This was obviously a very tiny detail, and everything else went wonderfully. I would absolutely use the venue again or recomend it to others.

TO Bedford Village Inn