Beggar's Tunes DJ

Greater Denver, Front Range & Mountain Areas

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Rentals + Equipment

Serving the Greater Denver, Front Range & Mtn Areas, Evergreen, CO Greater Denver, Front Range & Mountain Areas (303) 669-8821

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jonathan M

Wow!! Dave is simply the best DJ out there, don't look anywhere else. From the very beginning he was fantastic and worked with us on our special needs and requests. We had a unique set up being that it was at a private residence, but from the moment he showed up he went to... Read More work to make sure we received the experience he promised. I have had so many family members and friends come up to me afterwards and compliment how incredible he was and that the music truly helped set the mood for an amazing wedding.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Mary C

Dave was a fantastic dj at our wedding. He is professional, classy, and an all around great guy. If you want your wedding night to be perfect, he's the guy to call. :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Jacki H

Best DJ ever. Dave had a great mix of songs, some of which we had pre-picked. I know he was open to some requests during the night. The dance floor was full at all times, including me, the mother of the bride. Dave was also terrific at the dinner hour and toast time. In... Read More addition, music during the ceremony was fabulous. I would recommend Dave to anyone having a wedding.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Ashley H

My husband and I loved working with Dave for our special day! He did a phenomenal job and was the glue to our wedding. During the planning process, he was extremely helpful. He was quick and thorough with his responses to any inquiries we had and provided several suggestions... Read More to us. He also provided us with a very detailed itinerary that addressed several small things that we hadn't even thought about - it took a lot of stress off our shoulders and helped us to enjoy our wedding and celebrate with our friends and family. During the wedding reception, he communicated with us prior to any events we had planned to make sure we were ready and did not rush us at all. Our friends and family also loved him and complimented him throughout the reception. We are extremely grateful for Dave and highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Stacey H

Dave is one of a kind! He made our wedding day one to remember by ensuring that things ran smoothly, making announcements to keep things on track, and playing all the music that we had asked for (and keeping out the ones we didn't want). He is personable, fun, professional and... Read More excellent at what he does. After 4 family weddings, I will recommend NO one else but Dave to any friend in need of an excellent DJ. Thank you, Dave. You truly made our day one to remember.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Bianca H

Dave is a true professional. He did a great job and all of our guest are still talking about how much fun they had. Our venue only recommended 2 DJ's and Dave was one of them., and they do hundreds of weddings a year . That should tell you something . He made the process simple... Read More and had great suggestions. He was even able to find a instrumental version of a Prince song so that a groomsman could sing karaoke. I highly recommend that you contact Dave @ Beggar's Tunes.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Lorna S

Beggar's tune was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding. Through the process before the wedding Dave was very patient in our indecisiveness on songs and guided us in a direction that we loved. He even faded the music out perfectly during the ceremony after we all... Read More walked WAY too quickly. I wish that I could give this company more than 5 stars, because they really do deserve more. So much hard work and knowledge was put into our special day, and it really was special because of Beggars Tunes.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Erin S

Dave created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. He did a phenomenal job. Every song was perfect and the whole evening flowed so smoothly. We are both so pleased with the job he did and could not have asked for a better DJ at our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 David E

Dave (Beggar's Tunes) was at ease and in all the right places on our big day. He was a pleasure to work with in the planning phase, suggesting good music for the group processional. He was really accommodating when we started picking some more custom stuff for the bride's... Read More entrance and the reception. We were comforted by Dave's confidence in the process and his previous experience at our venue. It allowed us a sigh of relief, in the planning, to know our MC would have it covered. I don't want to say that Dave turned into our day-of coordinator, but his worksheets were enormously helpful. Beggar's Tunes had our dance floor packed the whole night, but he'd always manage to pop up and get our attention when big things were about to happen. Thank you, Dave, for helping to make our big day one that we'll never forget!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Dave did an amazing job both helping my wife and I plan out the event, and providing useful suggestions and tips when we were unsure exactly what we wanted. His thoroughness and attention to detail astounded me, and I have not only recommended him to many friends since then, but... Read More will continue to do so in the future. I was amazed at the quality of his work, and I was so pleased that he was our dj for such a special day.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Violeta E

Dave was an amazing DJ. He was so professional and helped us with everything and made sure that everything was perfect. He made everything go so smooth in our wedding. I would pick Dave every time to be our DJ the best.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Mary K

I cannot say enough good things about Dave from Beggars Tunes! Dave made the task of picking music and staying organized easy. Not only is he great with music advice but he also helped with the flow of events for our wedding and made sure everything went seamlessly. Dave is... Read More professional, kind and organized. Dave truly cares about making sure your wedding is the perfect day! He did a fantastic job with our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Alison D

Dave was AMAZING to work with and definitely goes above and beyond for his clients. He kept the communication open throughout the entire planning process. He was accommodating to my requests for songs and did a phenomenal job filling in the blanks when I did not know what music... Read More to play. All of my guests had a great time and were so impressed with him. He was accommodating to our guests and played their requests and he kept the dancefloor full. He was great at keeping me and my husband informed as to what was coming up next during the formal parts of the reception. He was GREAT to work with from the beginning to the end. We would HIGHLY recommend Dave to everyone.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Addison H

Dave was very friendly, organized, and flexible. He ran the show which took a lot of the load off us :)

September 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 1/25/2016

Dave was great to work with for our wedding -- organized, prompt, and friendly! He was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions. He played a really good selection of music and kept guests on the dance floor all night -- he even purchased a few songs... Read More specifically for us! Our wedding day ran so smoothly, thanks to the timeline we created with him. Overall great experience and would highly recommend Beggar's Tunes and Dave.

Wonderful DJ

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sarah W

If you are even considering using Beggar's Tunes (reading this), book him now. I can't imagine a more professional, experienced, and perfect wedding DJ. No matter what your style is/what you want, he will accommodate it. We love Dave!!

Dave at Beggar's Tunes is The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I can't say enough about Dave! From our initial meeting, to the planning, (and us changing our minds a million times on songs we wanted to play,) to the actual event itself, Dave was amazing! We attended 5 different weddings this year, ours being the last, and Beggar's Tunes... Read More was hands down the best DJ - no contest. To be completely honest, we got lucky when we were referred to Dave. We had set out to simply find a competent, reasonably priced DJ to play music for our reception, but what we got was above and beyond what we had hoped for. Dave was a complete professional, and by the end of our initial meeting, he had answered all of our questions, given us a list of things to finalize before the wedding, set a timeline for each stage of the event, and brought to our attention minor details that we would have easily overlooked. We went from having a scratch pad with some songs scribbled on it to a fully planned and detailed event. He wasn't afraid to give his opinion when we made suggestions that were not consistent with our overall vision of the event, and every suggestion was right on the money. He's not just a DJ, he is an event coordinator! Dave not only MC'd the reception and played everything we asked for, including getting us the specific versions of some very hard songs to find, but he helped bring the whole event together for us and set the perfect tone for the type of event we had envisioned, which was not easy. We had a traditional Jewish wedding, a classy cocktail hour, a fun and goofy couple intro/toast/cake cutting, and a rip-roaring throwdown reception with all types of music. Dave brought it all together seamlessly. He was tuned into our guests the entire time, and anytime he needed a transition or to adjust the mood, energy, or atmosphere, he was spot on. I don't know that our guests even noticed when it came to these subtle adjustments, but having been to numerous weddings just recently and seeing the struggles other DJ's seemed to have with transitions or allowing the event get off track when the unexpected happens, it was pretty impressive to see how smoothly the entire day flowed. Our guests had a fantastic time, in no small part to Dave - we can't thank him enough. As for me personally, the greatest value in his services was that my beautiful bride and I were able to sit back and enjoy our wedding and reception just as if were guests. Dave handled everything perfectly, and knew exactly when to nudge us in the right direction and when to just let the event take it's own course. I would highly recommend Beggar's Tunes for any event, especially your big day! Our day was truly unbelievable - Thanks again Dave!!!!

One of a kind DJ

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Anne K

Dave was the DJ at our September 19th wedding and was absolutely incredible! His positive energy and tasteful music selection had guests of all ages on the dance floor the whole night. Dave is one of a kind and made our reception the best night of our lives!

awesome dj

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

we found beggar's tunes thru a reference and thankfully so. Dave was a pleasure to work with across the board. He was super patient with our lack of planning and lateness on song selection. He took the time via phone conference to help us decipher exactly what is was we wanted... Read More and even did a custom arrangement of our favorite song for our first dance. He was entirely professional, punctual and accommodating throughout the whole process and event. I would recommend him to anyone in search of a quality dj for their big day.

Beggar's Tunes exceeded all our expectations!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

Dave, our DJ, is simply the best! We met with him prior to the wedding and walked through the entire day with us. He also provided music and sound for both our ceremony and reception. The ceremony music was perfect, and exactly what we discussed, and all of our guests were... Read More able to hear our vows. His suggestions for ceremony music, when we were unsure of what we wanted, were perfect and extremely helpful. The reception went equally as smooth, and Dave was essential and successful in keeping our guests on the dance floor throughout the night. He truly knows how to keep the party going! Not only is he personal and professional, but his knowledge of music and music genre is limitless. He can help provide you your perfect wedding day! You can't go wrong with Beggar's Tunes DJ!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Katherine S

With very little time (about 3 weeks) and very little info (a list of our favorite Pandora stations), Dave was able to really get the feel of our musical tastes. He kept the party moving right along and really put the party atmosphere in the air. We couldn't have been happier... Read More with Dave!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Dave ran a SUPERIOR show! His indoor and outdoor setups were fantastic! The sound during the ceremony was ideal even in windy conditions. A VERY knowledgeable DJ, in tune with the crowd he is dealing with. We had people on the dance floor the entire reception!!! Thank you... Read More DAVE! AAA+++

DJ Dave was great!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

DJ Dave was extremely professional and easily provided great music per our requests for our wedding. He was able to set up his equipment in three separate locations at our wedding/reception venue to help keep the music playing and our guests entertained as we moved from the... Read More ceremony site to the cocktail hour then to dinner and finally to the dance floor. Dave is great at his profession and he clearly enjoys it. Highly recommended.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Reif F

Dave was incredible. He was easy to work with and even went over and above to create a mashup for a mom/daughter dance that wowed everyone! He allowed us to pick our own music, but provided suggestions when we needed help. During the reception we ran a little behind (don't... Read More all weddings!?), he checked in with us to see if we wanted to keep with the original schedule or to bump up the events to make up a little time. The other vendors (photographer, caterer, videographer) all commented about how professional and wonderful he was to work with! He kept the party going all night long and we would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Becca S

This is a long one, but I just can't say enough about Dave with Beggar's Tunes. There's a reason he consistently gets rave reviews! We chose him as our DJ based on these reviews, and after meeting with him we knew we made the right choice. When we met Dave, we told him it... Read More would probably be a brief meeting because we hadn't nailed down anything as far as music. We didn't even know the order of things for the night. We were actually pretty lost. He sat down with us for a couple hours and by the time we were done, we could imagine how our wedding was going to be. He helped us plan what would happen when and knew what questions to ask to understand what we wanted and didn't want. I am a Taylor Swift fan and love poppy music, while my groom's favorite bands include Van Halen, Metallica, etc. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to have us both singing his praises at the end of the night. Our guests even made a point to tell us how great he was. We had a small wedding and there were always people on the dance floor. I'd heard of wedding DJs playing songs that they were specifically asked not to, not taking requests even though they said they would, etc. Dave is not that DJ. He listens and he executes. Song after song we had our guests excitedly telling us they "requested this song!" which is what we wanted. We debated not having a DJ at all, and I just can't imagine what our wedding would have been without Dave helping us plan before, emceeing throughout and nailing the music portion. I haven't touched on all of the things Dave did to help our wedding day go smoothly, but long story short, Dave does not disappoint! We are so grateful to have found him and that he was available to help make our wedding day so special for us. Thank you, Dave!