Bella Pictures

Your Story. Your Style.

Documentary

Engagement

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

1800 Byberry Road, Huntingdon Valley, PA

Dishonest and Disorganized

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Sarah D

After putting down our deposit, we were informed that our photographer(who was a dream and should not be associated with this review in any way) had a "personal conflict the day of your wedding." In actuality, she lives 4 hours away and should not have been an option for us.... Read More Rather than being honest and working with us to find a mutually agreeable solution, they led us to believe that they had bent over backwards to give us what we want and just needed us to pay an additional $200 travel fee in return for a $20 discount for the trouble. Shortly before our engagement shoot, I was informed I owed an additional $200 travel fee. This engagement shoot was a part of the contract the previous $200 was added to and at no point were we told (much less did we agree to) $200 per photo date. We chose to pay for a local photographer. Without consulting us, it was decided the missed engagement shoot would be compensated by giving us 200 free Save The Dates. I needed 75 Save the Dates total. When it came time to order our Save the Date, it took weeks to get a straight answer because they had changed their system without training their people. Because of the delays with finding a new photographer and waiting for our Save the Dates, they went out over a month late when half of our guest list lives out of State. Every step of the way we have had to stay on top of Bella Photos and simply hope we were getting the real story.

Ask for Carolyn L.

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Rhiannon W

Carolyn L. was excellent! From our first meeting it was clear that her personality just matched perfectly with ours and that she would be able to make this experience great. She was very familiar with our venue and she made a personal connection to our personalities and the... Read More style of our event. My husband and I are not “picture people;” we were apprehensive about being in front of the camera (especially for a professional shoot for our wedding reception) but she made us feel really at ease. She captured everything about our event from the portraits to the little design details to sweet candids to awesome action photos on the dance floor, even the food! And she always seemed like she was having a great time doing it. The pictures came out excellent in every level of light indoors and outdoors. The sunset pictures are spectacular and so are the nighttime action shots of the fire dancers that we hired for our entertainment. I will absolutely recommend Carolyn L. YOU WANT HER!

Great

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 Heather H

I loved the photographer, she was able to be at several places at once.

very nice

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Crysta S

Dan was amazing. My photos turned out amazing and her had a very artistic eye.

Videography and photography

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 izabela d

To stay within my budget I only had the photographer for 5 hours. The photographer was very responsive and professional when it came to answering my emails in timely fashion. Videographer was wonderful as well. He was not one of those over crowding in your face like I've seen... Read More before at weddings. Very proffessional.

My Wedding Photography/Videography

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Whitney D

Bella offered a great price and an AMAZING service. We had one small snag the day of the wedding because they switched videographers on the day of the wedding which caused an issue because my wedding was on a military base. But anyway, it all worked out and the end product was... Read More simply outstanding. I would recommend them 100%.

You get what you paid for

Reviewed on 11/30/2012 Renee D

The way this system works is weird- you basically buy a package and right before your wedding you get hooked up with a photographer- our photographer was changed on us 2x and wasn't finalized until 2 weeks out from the wedding. We were given a copy of his portfolio, which was a... Read More stunning collection of all photo-journalistic style photos (which is what we were looking for) however at the wedding he said that all of those were staged. Overall, the pictures are pretty- but I felt he didnt have as trained an eye as I wouldve expected, ie: there are certain pictures where he asked the groomsmen to turn one way- and one person turned the other way than the rest, and he didnt correct that person. For only spending $1100 plus receiving a $400 photo credit, I am happy with the pictures- but if photos are important to you I would suggest you actually book with a photographer than just a company that way you know what youre getting and what is expected of your photographer

Best pictures

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Marlyn C

Susan was our photographer she was the best very professional and fun at the same time!

Great Photos and Responsive Staff

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Michelle J

I am thrilled we chose to use Bella Pictures as our wedding photographer. Their system of matching a photographer to our style was fantastic. We were very pleased with our photographer and his style. I am looking forward to ordering pictures from the easy-to-use Bella website.

Great Value

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Elizabeth S

We got an awesome package through Bella. The downside is not knowing your photographer until a couple weeks before the wedding, the major up side is that you could get a really awesome photographer that you wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford (like we did!)

Great value

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Kym H

Very happy with the price of our package and the photographer they matched us with! He did a great job and was very professional

photographer knew just what to do!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kristen R

Our photographer was great! He was there the whole time moving with us and snapping pictures every chance he got. It's just what we wanted!

Everything I needed!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Alexis G

I was able to work one on one with a representative to personalize and customize the wedding package that fitted our budget and theme. They were very helpful and resourceful to make sure we were getting everything that fitted our style. They have a very easy and simple website... Read More and you can set up a very easy payment plan that can be changed with a click of the button. We were able to meet with our photographer and I feel that he really knew what we were looking for. At the wedding we got all the pictures that I requested and more. Very happy!!

Wedding and Engagment Pictures

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Julie B

Overall it was a good experience. We didn't meet our photographers until the day of our photo shoots (which is how Bella works). Our photos all turned out great because you get to rate a ton of images ahead of time to help them decide your style. We were disappointed that none... Read More of the images we got were edited like the photographer envisioned. We got a sneak peek from our photographer and those 40 pictures were a million times better than all of our images that Bella gave us. The album planning process is tedious and I lost my work several times because I forgot to save my project every five minutes. One great thing about it being a national company is that their customer service is great. They are fast to get back to you and when there was a mix-up with an order I placed they were very nice about resolving the issue to my satisfaction. Price wise it's probably cheaper than going through an independent photographer, but the quality of the images they provide you with are no where near what you'd get from a mom and pop shop.

Love my pictures!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 ava m

Received my pictures and they are fabulous. Everything went smoothly without any problems and the pictures turned out better than I expected. I would definitely recommend them.

Great Photographer & Great Website

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Elizabeth L

I ended up with Bella Pictures because they were running a Memorial Day special, so I received 20% off my photography package. My wedding was in the Richmond, VA area, and they had received pretty good reviews. Another advantage with Bella Pictures was their awesome website.... Read More You create your own profile with 'likes' and 'dislikes.' Then you review a series of wedding photos, highlighting the 'style' that you prefer. With all the information, they match you with a local photographer from their list. We don't live in the Richmond area (it is where my parents live), and their website and profiles pages were so helpful to us. We were paired with Abigail Volkmann, and she was fabulous! She totally understood our 'style'. She was very professional, flexible, responsive via email...and so positive...just great to work with. On the day of the wedding, we had several issues (one of which that I was feeling a bit 'under the weather'), but she was flexible and totally energetic. She helped capture all of my most precious moments...and was really creative and original in the more 'posed pictures.' Later, I received the negatives in the time that was promised...and they look great. Overall, I am super pleased, and would highly recommend Bella Pictures (and especially Abigail)!

wedding pictures

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 julie c

Very helpful and understanding - willing to work with you to make the best package for your day. Only thing I was not crazy about is that the photographer submits the pictures to them and then they pick the ones they like the best - there were some pictures I was hoping for... Read More that I guess did not make their cut.

Great Quality but poor service.

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Amy C

I was amazed by Bella pictures...they are a nationwide and proud company, but I found them very stressful. My photographers themselves were very nice and did an amazing job; however, getting the products that I needed was very stressful and I often had to call just to figure out... Read More what was going on. They called with my engagement photo session...and that was the last correspondence from them unless I called them. I couldn't figure out how to make my guest sign in book....which I finally called on and it arrived THE DAY BEFORE my wedding! :( I was very stressed about this. And they gave me "album credits" that I am somehow suppose to know to call them again to get them to send me an email to pick out my album even though I already picked out the album and the parent albums. :( For the amount of money that I spent on Bella Pictures I was not prepared for the amount of stress that came with it. Hopefully I was an isolated event? But it didn't help with the stress that I was already feeling with all the planning I had to make.

GREAT PICTURES

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Melissa M

Great service and photographer on day of was professional and took all the silly unique pictures I wanted and even had ideas of his own. Love Bellas idea of their "love walk" with just the bride and groom

Michelle Smith is the best!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Nancy R

We LOVED Michelle. We hated the first person Bella had paired us with, and asked to be changed. We then got Michelle. Her pictures on Bella do not do her justice. She is an amazing talented photographer! We got lucky with her. Not sure I’d hire Bella again, but I would... Read More definitely hire Michelle. We cannot wait to see the end finish of it all.

Professional and Top Quality

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Koby S

Our photographer was very nice and very professional. She made us feel very comfortable.

Great job!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 JESSICA F

We hired Bella for our photos and videos. Everyone was very professional and did a great job!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Lisa T

No matter who I talked to the phone all my notes and information were correct. I never had to call and talk to just one person. My account settings helped me decide what type of pictures I wanted and keep a timeline for me.

Bella is the best

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Amy F

I had an out of state wedding and was having trouble finding a photographer so I contacted Bella. They have a rigorous certification process for their photographers so you know you're getting a real professional. I also liked that you rate pictures and based on what you like... Read More they match you with a photographer, but if for some reason you're not happy they will do another match. They got it right and we LOVED our photographer; he was amazing and working with Bella helped take a lot of the stress out of everything. We were even able to book while they were running a special!

Bella was awesome!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Christine L

Ethan and Robert, our photographers were GREAT! They shared our creativity from the moment we met them. They were truly professionals and had a lot of fun working with us- as we had a lot of fun working with them. They didn't do the traditional photo shoots that most couples... Read More do because we didn't want that. They were creative and treated every pose and shot with flair. We had some issues with the state park we were in and Robert took it amongst himself to help us out with our dog (long story). Heather- our consultant, has been super helpful from day one. She is the reason we chose Bella. Thank you Heather, Ethan, Robert and the other consultants along the way of the planning process for making our day awesome and giving us the opportunity to have timeless photos for years to come!