Bella Pictures

Photojournalism

Nationwide, PA

Great service

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Katie M

The staff of Bella were very helpful. Our photographer was great and was local to our area. The website they provide is nice and is easy to share. I haven't ordered any of our pictures yet, but so far I'm very pleased with their service and quality.

Great Photography!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Danielle B

What an awesome photographer! Bella is a little pricey, but that's truly because they ARE the BEST! Don't skimp on your pictures! Go with the best or you will regret it!

Almost perfect experience

Reviewed on 4/25/2012 Stephanie R

We used Bella Pictures for our wedding in 2009. The package we purchased included 8 hours of photography with one photographer, a flush mount album with 26 pages and included a print credit. Our coorinator was fantastic. The intial questionaire seems silly but it really did help us get matched up with a great photographer who fit our style. One item I didn't like was that you have to fill out schedule information for the day of the wedding 30 days in advance which as all bride's know can change as the date gets closer. My photographer called me about 3 weeks out and we discussed the plan for the day in detail. After the call, he wanted me to provide him with a picture listing as well as recap the event schedule. I indicated several changes in my email to his personal email address. Needless to say, he followed the information given on the website which lead to him showing up at the incorrect place for the start of the service. It was easily corrected but put us 30 minutes behind (and gave me a minor heart attack). The photographer captured 90% of the items I wanted although he did miss my father walking me down the isle which obviously is a pretty big moment. Overall our pictures turned out fantastic - everyone raves about them. The clarity and color is absolutley astounding and he had some creative ideas that we would have never thought of. Several friends of ours got married after us and in looking at their pictures, I'm glad we went with Bella. They aren't the cheapest, but they aren't the most expensive either. My recommendation is to prepare a listing of the photos that you want ahead of time. If you don't, chances are things will get missed with the hectic pace of the day. At the end of the day, there are very few things you get to take with you, spend a little bit on a good photographer!

Horrible Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2012 Diane K

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the photographs AND the service! The photographer was given an EXPLICIT list of pictures to be taken and he NEVER got them done...I am talking FAMILY photographs...he was clearly a novice at best...he took too long at the Phipps Conservatory and made the bride and groom very late returning to the wedding venue for the reception...the money I paid for these photographs was exorbitant considering the lousy photographer and repeated calls that I had to make for service. Do yourself a favor and USE A LOCAL PHOTOGRAPHER...Bella is HORRIBLE and I've told every single friend and professional colleague that since the wedding which was May 2010! FYI--I filled out ALL of their feedback questionnaires, etc. and NEVER got one single response from anyone!

Bad Experience

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Brittany C

It has been six months since my wedding and I am still waiting for some pictures to be edited. There are hidden costs everywhere. My pictures turned out to be not so good. Some people got better pictures on their regular digital cameras. I would not recommend this company.

Great Photographic Experience

Reviewed on 12/23/2011 Lisa T

I loved working with Bella Pictures. Their whole process to understand the style of photography you like and then matching you up with a great photographer was execellent. We loved our photographer and she took amazing pictures. I didn't want the standard pics that my dad could have taken. And I was not disappointed. My pictures are artistic and have an edge. She had such a great eye for interesting places to take pictures.

Don't trust Bella

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Michelle P

I want to preface this statement by saying I loved the photographer we were matched with in Pittsburgh-Scott Jones of Silverlight Photography. Just wish I had found him without Bella.... We were getting married in a different city from where we live, so I thought Bella was the perfect fit for us. I read all of these reviews and expressed my concern to my consultant, who I really liked and trusted. She promised she would be with me throughout the entire process. About 2 months after getting our deposit, we were thrown onto someone else that we never met. I called and freaked out and was told that was a mistake. About 3 months later I received another email saying we'd been turned over to a new consultant. When I called again, I was told our consultant had been fired. I'd now have to deal with this person in California, solely over the phone. The time difference from NYC alone made contact difficult. He threw alot of his sales-pitches at me but I never trusted him. Because we didn't want to lose our deposit, we decided to go forward with the match process. Fortunately we really loved Scott and we loved the pictures he took, so we stuck with this company. We are now in the process of trying to get our photo album that was pre-paid with our contract. We don't know what we're doing or how even tell them what we want in the book. We can't discuss with them the way we'd like the pictures cropped, displayed, edited, or colored because we don't have a real person to talk to, so we'll see what we get. The one positive I will say is that you do receive your pictures in 30 days on a CD. Be sure to add the "full day outtakes" to your package, though. Otherwise you'll only receive a CD with the pictures that these people think are best and very few of their picks were actually our favorites.

Boo to Bella

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Angela Z

After our consultation, I asked our contact, Shani Barnes, when we would find the name of our photographer. In an abrupt note without explanation, she told us we would get our assignment 120 days before our wedding. At less than 120 days, we still had not heard from the company, so I followed up with Shani who then told us that the process begins as 120 days, and that "You will be receiving your photographers information 60 days before you wedding and then you will meet the photographer." This made me quite nervous. I suppose upon signing up, I did not realize that it would take so long for us to merely learn this person's name...not knowing that we would then not even get his contact information... At around 60 days, we did find out that our photographer was Yuan Tsur. We did not hear from him, and we got quite nervous. I called Shani and she said that we would get a call 4 weeks before the wedding...that was only 4-5 days away at that point. We did not hear from Yuan though we were supposed to. I called Shani & emailed her again a couple of times, but these follow ups went ignored. I then received an email from Russell Kutt on July 28th, only 2 weeks before the wedding, entitled "Final Check In" though we hadn't even heard from our photographer yet.... In the email he passed along our planning brief and asked us to confirm details. My fiance replied telling him that we couldn't get a response from anyone at Bella that we hadn't heard from our photographer and that the wedding is only 2 weeks away... Russell was the only one who was alarmed as we were, got in touch with Yuan, and we finally had a phone conference with Yuan at about 1.5 weeks away... He went through the details of the day as if he knew how to run the show, so to speak. The day of the wedding, Yuan arrived on time. We began with "getting ready" photos at 4:30 (ceremony was at 5pm). I was, of course, already dressed & ready, so we got some portraits with my parents, bridesmaids, etc. While Yuan was taking some pictures, I asked someone to fix my dress, as the train was in a ball at my feet. At that point, I was trying to keep my dress nice...before going down the aisle in front of a bunch of people! Yuan snipped at me and said, "this is a close up shot; don't you know I've thought about it!?" Stunned, I let him do his thing. He then left to take pics of the guys and of the ceremony. After the ceremony, Yuan seemed very confused; he did not have our "list" of people that we wanted to get pictures with as we'd discussed on the phone in our consultation only a week and a half before. He was asking who's next and and was very scatterbrained. Asking questions that we had gone over previously in our phone call... Having done so many weddings, I thought this would be "old hat" for him. After receiving the photos, we were pleased with many of them. However, I am very upset that we do not have any pictures of our groomsmen with my husband or me...not one... In addition, in our group shot of the bridal party, which is a far shot, the best man is stepping on the train of my dress which is crumpled in a ball behind me... At the time I thought that Yuan "had thought about it" and was taking closer shots... Honestly, I have never really complained about anything in my life. I'm an easy going person, and I know that nothing can really be done, now, after the fact. I just hope our experience can help future brides...

Don't use this large company

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Amanda E

I will start by giving Bella credit for at least giving me quality vendors. Bella is a large company and you are just a number. At one point my "main contact" was 5 different people. When i tried to get in touch with someone no one ever called me back. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend the time to find a photographer with their own business. They people don't care about you. I called their customer service line and the representative was RUDE to me when I asked about using two kinds of coupons. Spend with money with people that want to give you quality. The samples we got from our photographers were WAYYYY better than the edits this large company did. NOT WORTH IT

KES

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Kaitlin M

Overall, Bella was good to work with. I have not yet received back my prints/videos, but I liked Rebecca Bailey a lot. The one complaint I would have is that the videographer told me at the wedding reception that he was going to add additional hours to his time, which I thought was very nice. And then a week later I received an additional bill, but he had never spoke of charging me extra. So I thought that was unprofessional.

Best decision we made

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Caryn N

Pros: extremely professional, competitively priced, personal attention, variety of package options, reliable, matched us with the perfect photographer for us--we could not have been happier with him--and even through in an intern for free who we loved as well Cons: very delayed responses to emails, constantly changing point person

Photographer

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 Tara H

Photographer got every shot that I wanted. He made suggestions but never pushed to hard. I loved the way the pictures turned out.

We Loved Bella

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Erica M

Bella Pictures sent us a fantastic photographer for both our engagment photos and for our wedding. Out consultant that we are working with now to do our album, Brandon, is the nicest person to work with. Highly recomend. They posted our pictures to their website much quicker than anticipated which is just a huge bonus.

Bella Pictures

Reviewed on 1/17/2011 Eva Z

Great Photographers! We booked Two photographers and a videographer with Bella Pictures. The pictures turned out wonderful. the only problem is deciding which pictures to put on the album!

photography

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Brittany M

We chose Bella pictures as our photography. At first we had some difficulty with communication with them. After that was sorted out everything went smooth. Yuan Tsur was our photographer & we loved him. He was a lot of fun and our pictures turned out beautiful! We were very happy with his photography.

Don't use them! Not worth the money!

Reviewed on 9/23/2010 Elizabeth D

I loved our initial consultant and it was a big reason we decided to use Bella. Before everything was said and done, we had been passed through 5 consultants. We had to direct our photographer. While I don't mind asking for certain types of pictures, I shouldn't have to arrange people, etc. At the end of the day, our friends pictures are better than the "professional" ones.

TO Bella Pictures