(23)

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Botanic Garden/Park, Loft/Raw Space, Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Unusual/Alternative

5025 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jenny S

I would not have changed one thing about my wedding day, except for making it last longer! We had the venue from 5-11 for our wedding, and right at 10:30 (when the DJ had to stop playing music due to a "noise ordinance" in the area)the vendors and workers all started packing things up. We felt rushed to leave and so did our guests. For what we paid for the venue, you would have expected us to have it the ENTIRE time before clean- up began at 11:30. Other than that, the venue is gorgeous and we had our ceremony in the garden which was absolutely perfect as well. Beautiful, pricy place, but well worth it!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Jacqueline L

My wedding at Belle Meade Plantation was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are wonderful for pictures. All of the guests commented how they loved the location. From the moment I contacted Linda about having my wedding there, she was very responsive and helpful with recommendations.

Must have wedding reception location

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Nicole H

My Husband and I took one look at Belle Meade Plantation's carriage house, and knew we didn't need to look any further. We wanted the carriage house so badly we scheduled our wedding more than a year out so we could get the location we wanted. It photographed well, all of our guests loved the atmosphere, and it made for the wedding of our dreams. The setting was perfect!

Fantastic to work with from the start

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Laura P

When we decided to consider Nashville for our wedding, I only had a few venues in mind and Belle Meade Plantation was one. Since I live several states and hours away, my mom did all of the research and interviewed the event managers from each venue and immediately fell in love with Linda. I've had a career in planning events but my mother has not and it was important to her to feel comfortable with the contact at the venue. The level of customer service and ease of interaction with Linda immediately sold my mom on BMP - that and the fact that there were several gorgeous options for a memorable ceremony and reception. For as wonderful as Linda was, we had an equally fantastic experience with Sue and team at Harding House, the in-house caterer. It was great to have the option to use an external caterer but we are SO glad we did not - Sue may be one of the most wonderful caterers I've worked with in my 12 year event planning career. She was patient, genuinely committed to making our menu perfect for us (we had friends from all over the world and I really wanted to give them the southern experience) and just plain kind. Such a joy to work with and above-and-beyond the day of the wedding. And the food was soooo good! I can't remember a bride who ate at their wedding, but people enjoyed their food so much at dinner, I had the chance to sit and eat because everyone was so quiet enjoying their meals! No rubber chicken or blah fish here - shrimp and cheese grits and blackberry BBQ beef brisket - and four cheese Mac and cheese that my husband still dreams about at night. It was the perfect, tasteful southern affair in a gorgeous setting. My biggest advice to a bride using BMP is to go with the lighting company they recommend - the lighting around the carriage house makes all the difference and takes it from ok to wow. String lights are key all around, so include it in your budget.

What a place for a wedding & reception

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Sarah R

I am so happy we decided to spend a bit more on our wedding and reception venue and choose Belle Meade! I knew as soon as I started touring this place that it was meant for us. As numerous reviews about this place state, it's grounds and architecture are gorgeous. The garden hardly needs decoration and the stone path is beautiful, both to walk down and in photos. The carriage house is unique in that all the horse equipment stays on the walls, which is a feature my fiance and I liked very much. We wanted some charm with our wedding venue instead of white walls in a stiff-feeling room. Since there are many reviews that talk about the amenities and beauty of this venue, I thought I'd comment on my own personal experiences I had during my wedding instead. First of all, Linda Mohon was always super prompt at getting back to me, even when I had the silliest questions. And, she was so very helpful at giving me ideas and planning the reception and ceremony set-up! She alone gets five stars in my book! Belle Meade continued to blow me away on my actual wedding day. It was May 31st, and the weather was iffy. The weather people were calling for thunderstorms in the later afternoon, which was when my wedding was to occur. Kevin, the go-to guy on wedding day for most brides there, was so awesome! He pulled my mom and I aside, where a nice girl was tracking the weather for us! We were trying to decide if we should just skip the garden set-up and get married in the stables, where we wouldn't have to worry about weather. I was really hoping for the garden for photos, etc. So, Kevin offered to set up BOTH spaces for us in case it did rain! I was under the impression that we had to make a final decision about 2 hours before the wedding, which makes a lot of sense. In fact, when I spoke to him that morning (I was given his cell as a contact number), I thought I'd have to decide then. He said it was all good - to just wait until around 3:00. Anyway, that was the first relief. Going above & beyond, setting up the ceremony chairs in both places was way more than I would have thought to ask for. Ultimately, Kevin was great, so flexible, and ridiculously helpful! It alleviated so much of my mom and I's stress, and let me tell you, that is worth more than the cost of the place alone. My wedding did end up taking place outside in the gardens, and the rain came around 7:00, so it worked out perfectly. But, even if the rain had started before the ceremony, I knew we'd be set either way...and all because of Kevin and the staff at Belle Meade! So, brides in Nashville or looking for a destination, book it asap. They are professional, accommodating, and most of all, caring. They care about your wedding/reception/rehearsal, and you won't be treated like just another bride. I looked for that in all my vendors, and my wedding was all the better because of it. It receives 5 stars all the way around from me.

A Stunning Historic Venue in Heart of Nashville

Reviewed on 8/31/2013

Belle Meade Plantation is a stunning wedding site any time of year. It is located in Nashville , TN. The Event Coordinator, Linda Mohon, is amazing. Her personality is super happy/ super nice. She treats you like you are the only bride on her list. I have received a lot of compliments on choosing the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We had some decorations, but the grounds and buildings themselves are cool enough, without much more d├ęcor. After looking at what felt like every place possible venue in Nashville , the cost for what Belle Meade provided is certainly fair, especially considering the historic value of the property. They book up with weddings and receptions way far in advance, so be ready to either set your date further out than you hope, or at an off time of year, or on a Friday or Sunday.

July 14th

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Lisa J

The venue is beautiful!

Indoor and outdoor gorgeous space

Reviewed on 3/23/2013 Deborah S

I wanted a destination wedding in Nashville with a historic plantation backdrop. Belle Meade was the ultimate in the way of service and can I say what a venue it is...indoor and outdoor gorgeous space. I will be forever grateful to the plantation and event staff.

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Jessie B

I could not have asked for my wedding have been any more amazing than it was. I got married September 2012 in the boxwood gardens and had my reception on site there in the carriage house. We also had the Harding house there on site to cater our reception as well as Kasey handling all of the details. My day was stress free that we all enjoyed ! I would recommend the Belle Meade Plantation to anyone . They sure did give my my fairy tale !!

Simple Venue with Elegant Attributes

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 rosaline s

When selecting my wedding venue, my top 2 choices were Belle Meade Plantation and Cheekwood. Both venues have been Nashville favorites for years. We had an October date that could not be accommodated by either, so we had to go to plan C. The reason Belle Meade was our top choice was threefold. 1) I loved the fact that it offered both indoor and outdoor space, 2) Its historic background , especially in relation to horses was appealing, and 3) Linda Mohon (event coordinator) is one of the best in the business. She thinks of everything and provided us with options that I would never have come up with on my own. At this time they offered discounts for Friday and Sunday weddings. I think they still do that. I would definitely take a look at all the photos you can find. It is a wedding site that offers quite a bit of versatility and great backdrops for photos. If I remember right, you can have guest in the range of 200-300 for wedding and reception.

Beautiful site for a unique wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Erin G

I was married in April of 2012 and had Belle Meade as our venue. The staff was wonderful and the location perfect. I have a large family that came in from the Northeast and everyone was very complimentary about this being something that they had not experienced before, which is exactly what we wanted! I would definitely hire a wedding planner here, as they can help with a lot of the decor/site mapping. Ours was Mary Alice Sublett from A Delightful Day and she was excellent. The surroundings are gorgeous, but you do have to do a fair amount of bringing in extra elements, which can go a long way toward personalizing your wedding. All in all, I would say that we had a great team and a beautiful location. Even the day of the wedding, which was cold and a little wet, they let us wait until that very morning to see if we could do the wedding in the garden, and we were so excited it worked out. Our pictures are also beautiful due to the many locations on site to take photos. All in all a wonderful place to get married!

Best Wedding EVER!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 BETSY b

The Belle Meade was the most perfect location for our wedding. The day was perfect, the venue was perfect and everyone who works there made it easy for me to enjoy the day. I would not have changed a single thing and would recommend this to place to everyone.

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Becky B

We fell in love with BMP when we showed up for our first walk through. We signed that day before we left. It is truly a gorgeous area to take pictures, have an outdoor ceremony, and a classic backdrop. We enjoyed working with Linda, the wedding coordinator. She was very enthusiastic. We loved that their were no upcharges- what you see is what you get. We would change a few things about our wedding looking back now, but the venue is NOT one of them. It was the best choice we made!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2011 Betsy H

Could not have picked a more beautiful spot for our wedding celebration!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Alyssa B

Belle Meade Plantation was everything I dreamed of for my wedding venue! It was the only place we actually toured and I fell in love instantly! The garden where we had our ceremony is private, intimate, and needed little decoration because of how naturally beautiful it was. The carriage house is perfect for the "southern belle" wedding I always wanted. It's spacious, versatile and rich in southern history. We used the entire grounds for our pictures; we have a wide variety of backgrounds since every area at Belle Meade Plantation is well kept and beautiful. Linda is enthusiastic, eager to help, and easy to get in touch with. I planned our wedding myself, and she was an excellent resource when I had questions or concerns. I still receive the highest compliments about the venue.. many of my friends said it was the best of the year!! I would chose Belle Meade Plantation for my wedding venue every time!

Southern Charm

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Ashley W

What a wonderful venue, the old southern charm brought our wedding to life. Wonderful staff and a fabulous wedding!

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 Amanda M

I cannot express how absolutely 100% pleased I was with Belle Meade Plantation as my venue for both my wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding was truly beautiful and I was in love with how everything turned out. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose BMP everytime. My husband and I still talk about how beautiful everything was. Our guests at the wedding repeatedly told us how amazing everythign was and several people told us that it was one of the most beautiful weddings and receptions they have ever been to. I HIGHLY recommend BMP!!!

beautiful but pricey

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 Carmen W

This is a pretty venue, but is a bit pricey...

An amazing Reception

Reviewed on 2/04/2011 Sierra B

This place was absolutely amazing, WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE great service and quality.

Enchanted Wedding

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 Rachael S

My wedding was everything I dreamed of. I got married in September, and the garden was beautiful. Linda was great - up-beat and energetic. She gave us a list of vendors which was very helpful. I hired one of her preferred wedding planners (Karen Kaforey with Signature Events) and Karen was a life saver. Get a wedding planner. It paid for itself after all the money saving ideas Karen gave us that I would have NEVER thought of. Having a wedding planner the day of the wedding alone, is worth the money. The tables and chair are included in the price. In comparison to other Nashville venues, Belle Meade is cost effective. Little decoration is required because the Belle Meade Plantation's natural beauty. I LOVED getting married at the Belle Meade plantation. No regrets. I definitely recommend getting married here!

Made my wedding day AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Kelsey V

Belle Meade Plantation was truly a dream wedding venue! I had both my ceremony and reception there and had so many compliments on the venue! The event coordinator, Lind Pittman was great and always there for questions or meetings. I would DEFINITELY recommend this venue to any girl who wants a classy, southern wedding!

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Sarah B

Linda - the event coordinator - is so good! She is super nice, always available, and acts like you are the only bride, not like you're the 1000th she's dealt with. Good price for what all you get, and the grounds were beautiful and clean.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Maggie D

I wanted to get married here to work with Linda alone. The site being beautiful is a plus. Neither disappointed!! Throughout the planning process, Linda alleviated all of my worries and was extremely helpful for someone who didn't have a wedding planner. The week of the wedding, the weather forecast for the weekend was horrible. Although I really wanted to get married in the garden, they arranged for the tent to be there just in case (it was being used for the wedding the following day, so they arranged for it to be set up early). Everything was perfect the day of the event. The carriage house looked beautiful, the BMP staff was extremely professional and courteous. I'd get married there again in a heartbeat!

Send Email