Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations

214 W. Erie, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

To sum up my experience my wedding dress arrived extremely late (only one month before my wedding) and when it did it was pink!!! I did NOT order a pink dress. The shop claims that it was just a mistake in ordering the wrong color lining but the structure of the pink lining I... Read More received was different then the floor model version that I tried on. When we asked what our options were going forward (and keeping the pink dress was NOT an option) the best she could offer was A) buy the floor model for FULL PRICE (which also had stains on it) or B) Wait until only 3 days before I left for my out of state wedding to receive a new dress. Keep in mind it took almost a year for me to receive this ugly pink dress which also arrived a month late YET they wanted me to trust that they would deliver the correct dress a couple weeks later and only 3 days before I left for my wedding . Also, I live in Wisconsin and my mom lives in Michigan so that option was basically impossible. When my mom told Amanda that neither options would work she said that was the best she could do because she had to answer to her "board". Needless to say I ended up with having to buy the floor model which was way too tight around my stomach and too big in the chest area. Days before my wedding I had the extra stress of working out nonstop to hopefully lose weight to fit into this dress. (I'm 5'3 and weigh 125 pounds) while also having to try on/buy different bras/padding in order to find a way to fill out the top of the dress. Other things that made this experience even worse... - Prior to receiving the dress Amanda called me 3 times asking for my mom's credit card number. Apparently my mom's card number was on file but some of the numbers were not legible. She wanted to charge us the final payments prior to receiving the dress (without first notifying us) but wasn't able to do so without knowing all the numbers. Each time she called she would sound kind of frantic and pretend she didn't remember calling previously. I had to keep explaining to her "no dress no card number". - The day I realized they ordered me the wrong dress Amanda talked to us for less than 5 minutes (and was rude to my mom) then supposedly left to go pick up her kids. She then never called or contacted us after that. If you are an owner to a bridal shop and just made the worst mistake wouldn't you do anything to make the bride feel better about her experience? Instead she pretended to go make a few phone calls then either left without saying another word or hide so she didn't have to deal with us. This place took so much away from me. The day I tried on my dress should have been a beautiful memory with my mother (with both of us driving/flying in for the dress trial) and instead there was just tears and no sympathy from the owner. On my wedding day I didn't feel 100% confident like I should have. The memory I have on my wedding day is me putting on my dress and all my bridesmaids trying to reassure me that I looked ok. When you pay that much money for a dress how is it right to end up with a USED dress that doesn't even fit you while paying FULL PRICE? If you don't heed my warning and still go here to buy a dress do me a favor and at least get the number to the designer of the dress. Give it a week or two then call and make sure they actually placed your order.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Amanda C

Working with this salon is the most stressful part of wedding planning. My dress was ordered 1 year prematurely then what I agreed to on my contract. The issue was brushed off and I was told it was a small error, then was charged for the remainder of the dress 1.5 years before I... Read More was told! Communication has been horrendous and I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone- including the owner. I went to a higher-end salon in an effort to avoid this type of problem type

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Kerra C

I tried on dresses at about 6 other local Chicago boutiques and ended up purchasing my dress from Belle Vie. It was an Elizabeth Filmore gown and was beautiful. My stylist's name was Alexi and she was great during the purchasing process. Vera did my alterations and while Alexi... Read More was not there, my experience with Vera was very very good. She is extremely talented and I was happy that I trusted her opinions!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Liz S

Purchasing my wedding dress from Belle Vie ended up being the most stressful part of planning my entire wedding. They never return phone calls, voice messages, or emails, and it's impossible to get a straight answer from anyone. Once they have your money, you become... Read More insignificant. I wish I would've bought my dress elsewhere and saved myself a huge headache.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Megan W

I lost count of how many gowns and shops I visited before going to Belle Vie. It was literally the only place where I did not feel pressured to find a dress and genuinely felt that they wanted to make the experience joyful and relaxing not like I was getting a mortgage or car.... Read More The gown I decided on was from Bella Vie even though I admit I did look at a few other shops before making my final decision. The professionalism and customer service didn't stop when they took my payment. I love that they provide vouchers for alterations. Overall Belle Vie was an flawless experience and it was so worth the investment to have an absolutely breathtaking gown.

If you want to feel like a bride, go here!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Lindsay

I cannot say enough about Belle Vie (ALL GOOD THINGS). The store itself is beautiful and pristine. The display and their selection of gowns is exactly how you imagine a Bridal Salon would and should be. While I am sure all the stylists are equally fabulous, because they have set... Read More the bar in service here, I worked with Erika-- she was so friendly, upbeat, fun, knowledgeable, and got me even more excited about this process. Not only did I have Erika doting on me, Amanda, the owner offered her services as well. She could not have been more lovely. They both made such a point of making me comfortable and beautiful. They listen to exactly what you want, and enhance it-- they offer suggestions, paint a picture of you on your day and the vision you emulate with each gown you try on. They went above and beyond and came in on a Sunday (when they are normally closed) for my second fitting just to accommodate my schedule. I will be sending anyone and everyone I know getting married here.

Here's a tip:

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

Buy your dress somewhere else! Belle Vie sold my daughter a defective dress and then did not stand behind it. They did nothing for us. My daughter walked down the aisle with a bandage in her armpit where the boning had popped through the fabric. A little while later, the boning... Read More on the other side also popped through the fabric. This caused considerable pain, and the dress had to be taken off. It is outrageous that a dress this expensive didn't even last the entire evening.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014

Amazing gowns, amazing staff! I am so lucky and happy I had Madison as my consultant. She made me feel amazing and was very straight forward. She was fantastic and even had me go to lunch and make an appointment later in the day to clear my min and think. I was nervous because I... Read More am so picky and I fell in love with two dresses at the very first shop I went to, Belle Vie. I am so excited to walk down the sandy aisle in my one of a kind Reem Acra runway gown!

Perfection

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Kiley W

I tried on so many dresses and so many shops and Belle Vie was literally the only place where I did not feel pressured to find a dress and truly felt that they wanted to make the experience a memorable one. I brought my dad and mom to my appointment and they made everyone feel... Read More so welcome and comfortable. I had two other dress appointments at other stores when I went to Belle Vie for the first time and when I found a dress that I thought I loved, I was so surprised when it was recommended that I attend another appointment and if at the end of the day the dress is still 'the dress' then they would stay open for me to come back. Having a store care so much about the customer and ensuring that their investment and decision is one that they truly will treasure was such a comforting thing. We left the store to attend another appointments and to so surprise at each of the other stores I felt as if I was buying a car, being pushed left and right. So we called Belle Vie back at the end of the day and they stayed open after hours to help me complete my look and truly make the day special. After the dress was purchased and ordered the professionalism and customer service didn't stop. I received multiple emails with order status updates and they even hand delivered my dress to the tailor for me, in addition to a voucher for alternation which was SO SO helpful! All in all Belle Vie was an amazing experience and it was so worth the investment to have an absolutely perfect dress, and the dress of my dreams! Thanks Belle Vie

Every girls dream dress

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Marisa L

I absolutely LOVED bridal gown shopping from the second I walked into Belle Vie. Amanda, Catherine and the rest of the staff are such a pleasure to work with! They make you look and feel amazing in each and every gown you put on. I never felt pressure to purchase if I was not... Read More absolutely in love with THE DRESS. I did my alterations at Belle Vie as well and my dress came out absolutely perfect! I only wish I could wear it day in and day out. I would recommend Belle Vie to ANYONE getting married! They have beautiful gowns, accessories, and staff to boot! Every time I came they immediately greeted me and knew exactly who I was. The entire experience was so special and Amanda and her staff added to that!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Marielle H

I had several bridal stores on a list to visit, and I only ended up going to Belle Vie, because I had such a great experience! There are many gowns to choose from, exceptional personalized service, and great follow-up. I would recommend anyone to go there!

perfect dress

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Allison H

They were great at responding to questions. Make sure they have the dresses you want to try on in the store before your appointment- they may need to special order it in.

Difficult to get in touch with

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Andrea C

Unfortunately, I would not recommend Belle Vie to a friend. While my dress was beautiful, I had a very difficult time getting them on the phone when my dress was late, and ended up having to physically go to the store to get any answers. Even then, I was given an incorrect... Read More answer, and had to wait to be followed up with in order to learn the true status of my dress. The owner of the store was responsive in providing me with her contact information with any additional questions I had, and Belle Vie did expedite the shipment of my dress to my out of town wedding, but I continued to have difficulties reaching them when I called to get instructions on the care of my dress. Unfortunately, what should have been the easiest part of the process (after picking the dress!) ended up being one of the most stressful.

Different from the others

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Melanie

I was impressed by the variety of sizes and styles available compared to other bridal shops I visited. However, I did have to come in more than once to take measurements. Also, when they shipped me my dress, they forgot to ship my veil as well. However, they did overnight it... Read More to me at no additional charge, so there was no harm in the long run. Very pricy, but you get a lot for your money.

Belle Vie

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 jennifer g

I give this 3 stars because they were very nice before i bought the dress and whe i bought the dress. After that, I felt like i was contacting them. Plus, their alterations are not in the same store which is slightly annoying.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Sarah B

I felt like I had seen every dress in Indiana and had not found "The" dress for me. My sister lived in Chicago at the time of my dress shopping and suggested I go to Belle Vie. As soon as I walked in the most friendly woman met me at the reception desk. They got my set up in... Read More my own little space and started right away asking me questions about myself and my overall vision of what I would like to look like on my wedding day. After answering several questions they pulled 4 or 5 dresses for me. I had not receieved this level of service at any other bridal salon I went to. She really listened to what I was looking for! As soon as I tried the second dress on I knew it was the "One" They made the whole experience such a stress free one. I didn't have to go searching through row after row of gowns. They were very accommodating and offered to find the perfect alterations shop in my area in Indiana etc. It took about 4-5 months for my dress to come in, and I had called several times (I was anxious), to find out status and each time they were so sweet and gave me updated status. I could not have been happier with the level of service that I received. As most places you go, as soon as you order your gown or custom sash it is non returnable because it's being made especially for you. I could not return a sash I no longer wanted. But they were very sweet about it and tried to come up with alternate ways to wear it, or what sites to sell it on.

Loved them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Brittany W

I loved everything about going to Belle Vie. The staff and atmosphere are very friendly and inviting…Very helpful and offered great advice…I had no idea what style I was looking for and they were patient with me, letting me try on as many dresses as I liked... I was so happy... Read More with their customer service. After purchasing my dress, if I ever had any questions they were quick to respond and helpful.

Gorgeous Salon with Amazingly Beautiful Selection

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Meaghan C

My visit to Belle Vie started out rocky. When I set up my appointment I had told them my dress budget and they said nothing back to me. On the day of my appointment, when my bridal consultant asked me the day of and I told her she informed me they didn't have ANY dresses in my... Read More price range. But then she kindly suggested I try on some dresses anyway, which I probably should think was bad, but I ended up finding the PERFECT dress. Yes it was substantially above what I was initially looking to spend. But I had been skeptical of women who find "THE DRESS" but then I found "THE DRESS" so I think it was a blessing in disguise. The selection is large enough, but also well edited. They have a variety of high end designers, and my two favorites were Amsale and Christos. I ended up getting a Christos. The salon itself is very elegant looking. You get a private room with mirrors and space to try on your dresses and where your friends and family can come see you in the dresses (as opposed to other stores where you have to go out to a main room in front of a bunch of other customers and their guests, which can be awkward at best and annoying at worst). The service was good until I bought the dress, then getting a call back after I had paid was a struggle. In summary, if you are willing to spend $4K+ on a wedding dress, come here. The dresses are amazing and the experience is pleasant.

Wonderful experience, friendly staff

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Ashley S

This was the only place I went to dress shop. It was supposed to be a fun outing with my mom and sister to break the ice for dress shopping, but I fell in love. There was a Rivini trunk show the day I went in (coincidentally) and I ended up getting the very first dress I tried... Read More on. My consultant, Gwen, was so incredibly friendly and sweet and very helpful. She was not in any way pushy which was wonderful. I tried on about 7 dresses then tried back on my first dress again. I knew in my head it was the one, but I needed some time to breathe and think about it. She was so understanding and told us to leave, get some lunch, talk about it and come back in a few hours to try the dress on again. We did and once I put it on again, I knew it was the one. I bought my dress that day and never regretted it. Everyone was so professional yet friendly and it was everything you could hope for in a bridal dress appointment. There were only 2 (maybe 3) other brides there at the time, so you didn't feel overwhelmed or bombarded when trying to look at dresses on the floor or when stepping out in a gown. I love Belle Vie and am so happy it's the only place I had to go to find my gown. (PS: I got so many compliments on my dress. I went to several other gown stores for bridesmaid stuff and never saw this gown anywhere else.)

Good overall experience

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Lynn L

I had a pretty good overall experience with Belle Vie. I actually originally found my dress at Kleinfelds in New York but wanted to purchase it closer to home. Luckily Belle Vie carried the same designer dress. My only advice would be to get as much of the information about the... Read More cost of fitting as possible. My dress was very simple and so I was told by my stylist, Kayla, that my fitting should be under $500. BIG surprise when I went to their seamstress, The Dress Doctor, and they wanted to charge me close to double! The manager Kara tried to talk to the dress doctor about coming down in price but had no luck. She sent me to Ms Couture and I was very happy with my fittings that were done at a much more reasonable price (about $500). Also, my dress was supposed to arrive with buttons and did not but Belle Vie paid to have buttons put all the way down the back of my dress, which was quite pricy.

My dress

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Kati C

The salon is beautiful and upscale. The sales staff is great. They worked out a deal for me for my dress and even brought me to the Vera Wang floor to try on dresses. I found a beautiful Anne Barge dress and got a trunk sale discount. They were great; dress came in a week early... Read More and they communicated well.

Wonderful experience; expert customer service

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Megan D

Belle Vie is definitely the place to come if you're looking for a designer wedding gown and top-notch customer service. Amanda and her team were experts in listening to what I wanted, making recommendations on styles that would work well, and delivering top-notch customer... Read More service from the time I shopped for the dress, to a few days before the wedding. No question was too small, or request too great ... her team was willing and able to help with it all. In addition, their new space on Oak Street is gorgeous -- just like their gowns! I would highly recommend Belle Vie as a stop on every bride's quest for the perfect gown!

Great dresses, sub par service

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Lauren T

Belle Vie is the only store in Chicago to carry my dress designer. Unfortunately that meant I had to go with them if I wanted to get the dress I fell in love with. Belle Vie is the type of store that treats you VERY well prior to buying a dress, but after the purchase they have... Read More no communication and don't do anything to keep in touch with a bride. They also don't treat you that well when you have already bought a dress and you make a ten minute appointment to show the dress to your Maid of Honor who was unable to come to you initial appointment because she does not live in Chicago. It is very sad to me that they have beautiful dresses, but the customer services is really lacking which makes me not that excited to purchase a dress from this store again - or recommend them to any future bride. When you spend $$$$ on a dress, I expect a little bit better services than what is provided by Belle Vie.

Do not stand by their dresses

Reviewed on 5/07/2012 HIllary m

BEWARE!!! I purchased a designer bridal gown with Belle Vie Bridal for my wedding on April 28th, 2012. It was a total nightmare!! After the dress arrived, and being switched from the orignal rep I worked with, I was told that Vera, who worked with Belle Vie, would be... Read More fitting my gown. After two fittings with them, they assured me that my dress would be ready. They did not even deliver the dress until Friday evening BEFORE the wedding, because the did not follow up on some things they needed from New York (Which they made ME pay to overnight). They never followed up on it, and actually had the nerve to put the overnight charges on my UPS account 4 days later!! When it was time to put the gown on, the zipper was broken and the dress was completely altered incorrectly. We had to sew me into an $8000 dress and it would not stay up. It was not closed in the back and looked terrible. At that pont I had no choice but to get through my night. We had our photographers, my wedding planer and the Trump hotel video the ordeal and when I called Belle Vie (We did call them on Saturday when the dress did not fit, but they sent a young girl over to the trump that did not have any experience to fix the drees, so muwedding planner sent her away) they said that they would not help and that I needed to file a formal complanit with the seamstress! I talked to Amanda the owner and she said that I signed a contract and she has no responsibility. That was a week ago, I have yet to hear back form them. BEWARE!! DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT, BELLE VIE BRIDAL WILL NOT STAND BY THEIR DRESS. I was in tears my whole wedding day because the dress looked so bad in the back. My biggest dissapointment is that Belle Vie Bridal has not even apologized and blamed the seamstress.

Loved my dress

Reviewed on 2/06/2012 Larisa F

Got my dress here at a sample sale. Staff was friendly. Quality of my dress was great. I felt somewhat rushed though, they only give you an hour to try on and decide if you want to purchase the dress. Overall, I was happy with the experience,