Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations

214 W. Erie, Chicago, IL (312) 751-2222

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Laura W

Out of the 8 bridal shops I went to in the city and suburbs, Belle Vie is the only shop I felt uncomfortable at and had a negative experience with. Belle Vie had come as a referral from a bride that purchased her dress there years prior and had a good experience. Unfortunately... Read More for me, I cannot say the same. As soon as my mother, mother-in-law and I arrived, I knew this was not going to be a good experience. The shop itself is very small with very few selections. We were greeted with not so friendly sales people that seemed slightly arrogant right of the bat. After reviewing some things with Patrick, he put me in a few different dresses (none of which were the style I was interested in, but agree that it is good to try all different things). After I didn't like a few different options, I continued to ask Patrick if he had anything else- at this point I caught him rolling his eyes at another co-worker as if I should have made a decision by then. During the time we were there, another bride had come in to pick up her veil which they claimed she already had and eventually took half an hour to find it! After I left the shop, I was almost in tears from being overwhelmed with the negative experience I had. For days after visiting Belle Vie I was receiving calls and voice mails from Patrick urging me to make a decision and telling me that the dress would be moving to Glamour Closet the next day and be a higher price- which I'm not sure I buy. I have quite a few friends currently engaged and I have told each of them to not waste their time going to this shop- I rarely give people advice but don't want them to go through the same thing I did!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Carly K

I can't thank Amanda and Patrick enough for helping me find my dream dress. They made my experience so easy and fun! We all said, "Yes to the dress." Haha.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Gina T

The moment I walked into Belle Vie, I felt this would be the place I would find my dress. They had a nice variety of dresses and Patrick was so helpful and fun to work with. They also have fun with you trying on veils, belts and jewelry! My dress came in recently and I love... Read More it! The owner Amanda has been great to work with - so cheerful and makes you feel special. My dress arrived on time and because of the way they took my measurements, my dress needs minor alterations which is such a relief! So glad I chose Belle Vie for my gown.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Megan M

Buying my dress at Belle Vie was the most stressful part of my wedding. If you look at the positive reviews you will notice that most of them are from the time immediately after picking out their wedding dress. I would have thought the same thing, it was a nice experience... Read More picking out the dress in the salon. And I actually did write the same thing on Yelp...that is because they told me I would get $500 off of my alterations if I wrote them a positive Yelp review within 24 hours of purchasing the dress! Now I understand why....because after that initial time period they don't give a crap about you!! I ordered and paid for my dress in full in June and 9 months later I hadn't heard a word from them. After reading other reviews I was very concerned, so I tried reaching out but didn't get a real response. Therefore, I reached out to my dress designer, J. Mendel. I talked directly with the sales coordinator at J. Mendel who works with Belle Vie and she told me that my dress was finished and they were only waiting on payment. So, I reached out to Belle Vie and Sarah told me that it must have been finished early and they didn't know this and promised me that it would be in within a few weeks (this was the beginning of January). A few weeks later and I still hadn't heard a word, so I called again and this time Sarah told me that they would not be sending in the payment until the very last date on the contract even though the dress was ready and that it would be another 2 weeks after that date before it arrived in the salon and then they would still have to ship it to me!! I talked to the owner and she gave me the same talk, lied and said it was the designer's fault, and even mentioned how great of a lawyer she has (without me even threatening to sue-clearly, she has been down this road many times). After waiting all of that time, I received the dress only 3 weeks before the wedding (still needing alterations) and on top of that they didn't send the veil, even though I reminded them of this many times!! This place has AWFUL customer service and I can't express how much you should avoid shopping here. They will seem great at your first appointment but the moment they have your money and you walk out that door they don't give a crap about you and there's a good chance your bridal experience will be full of stress/ruined.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Leslie M

Great experience!! Helped my friend design the perfect dress!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Emily O

The owner Amanda was very knowledgeable in helping me design my perfect dress! Patrick talked me into keeping my appointment, not wanting to always wonder what if. Valorie gave my friends and I snacks throughout our visit, assuring we wouldn't go hungry! The staff and experience... Read More was fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Erin B

Amazing experience! We almost didn't go here but, were so glad we did. My friend found her dress here and the service was incredible. Definitely the place to find your dress in Chicago!

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Samantha L

Sarah was so helpful and made our experience one we will always remember. My friend found her dream dress! This was such

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Lydia K

There's no better way to start out your Saturday than with an appointment at Belle Vie. What is even better, is leaving the salon with your dream wedding dress. That was the case for my best friend and can you believe that it was her very first wedding dress appointment??... Read More Amazing experience.

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Michelle C

Had an amazing experience here today! Loved Sarah as the bridal consultant!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Lisa M

Such a pretty place full of the most pretty dresses! Lovely experience with amazing guidance from Amanda and Patrick :) very Happy!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Sarah E

The team at Belle Vie were so attentive, caring and fun! Loved having such a special day here.

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Lucy f

I've had the most amazing bridal appointment. They knew exactly what would look good on me.

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Allison M

I bought my dress at Belle Vie a few weeks ago. The whole experience was nothing short of amazing! Bree, Patrick and Amanda were fabulous to work with! They LISTENED to me on what I liked, didn't like, and what my style was. They also listened to my family of 5 women during my... Read More appointment too. They made sure that this experience was not only amazing for me, but amazing for my family too. They were able to answer any questions that we had no matter how detailed the questions were. If I could, I would rate them beyond 5 stars! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the team at Belle Vie for helping me find my dress and have such an amazing experience!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Wendy S

We had a fantastic experience with Amanda, Bree, & Patrick! They made my sister, Alli, feel incredibly comfortable and special and helped her find her perfect dress!!! What a special day!!!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Ginger S

Stay away!!! Like others, buying my dress at Belle Vie was the most stressful part of my wedding. I bought my dress 11 months before my wedding and paid in full. 1.5 months before my wedding I checked in to get an update on arrival date, no response. I left numerous... Read More voicemails and emails and no response. I ended up reaching out to the designer directly who was able to give me an update. They designer told me my dress had been ready for weeks and they were waiting on Belle Vie to schedule shipment. I finally got a call my dress arrrived (3 weeks before my wedding) and schedule an alteration appointment. The day before my alteration appt I got a call that both seamstresses were sick and they had to change my apt. I knew it was bc my dress hadn't arrived so I decided to show up to the salon to inquire and pick up my veil. After trying to let me walk out the door with the wrong veil (after I continually said it wasn't what I ordered), they double checked my veil order and agreed I was right and they had given me the wrong veil. When I asked about my dress they said they already delivered it to the seamstress. Not believing them, I drove straight to the seamstress where my intuition was correct and my dress wasn't there. The owner Amanda straight lied to my face. It took angry phone calls from my out of state mom to get an answer on when my dress would be ready for me to start alterations. Again, the worst part, Belle Vie never apologized. Worst customer service and so much unneeded stress 3 weeks before my wedding. Do not buy your dress here, you will regret it!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Whitney B

Amanda and the entire staff at Belle Vie are beyond amazing! They take the time to listen to everything you want in your dream dress and make it a reality!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Tina D

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD..... DO NOT shop here. They claimed they had my designer and I flew in and they only had two of her dresses. I had a sales consultant but the owner randomly comes in, in her yoga clothes and in my face and says my mom couldn't take photos of me in the dresses.... Read More I showed them the picture of the dress I wanted on line and the owner says oh yes we can get that for you we will tell the designer. So she takes my measurement charges me $10000! This was in October of 2016 now In February i call the designer in Australia and they say they have no record of the dress and that the owner of Belle Vie Bridal told her we have a bride interested, but she never placed her order. The designer also told me that she pulled out of Belle Vie in August of 2016. This place is fraud!!! I wish I could give a negative rating. They are thieves!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Kellie L

Dont do it. The WORST ever. Almost didnt have a dress for my wedding because they wrote the wrong date down, so they claim, even though the contract said the right date. Just dont bother with them.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jessica J

Please, please, PLEASE do not buy your dress here -- for your own sanity's sake. I wish I would have looked on Yelp and seen the negative reviews prior to buying my dress, but I naively assumed there was no reason to check reviews for a bridal shop in such a reputable part of... Read More town. Long story short -- I still hadn't received my dress even weeks after the originally scheduled delivery date (EIGHT months after I had paid in full for the dress). Belle Vie and its owner, Amanda Bonnell, kept giving me various excuses and would keep saying that my dress would arrive soon (and it never would). Finally, 3 weeks before my wedding, I contacted the dress manufacturer directly, who told me that my dress had been ready for 4 months and that they had never received payment from Belle Vie for the dress (even though Belle Vie kept telling me it was the manufacturer's shipping department that was causing the delay, and even though I had paid Belle Vie IN FULL 8 months before)! The manufacturer told me that they had repeatedly contacted Belle Vie for payment for my dress and others, with no response. I ended up buying the dress directly from the manufacturer instead, and my credit card company refunded me the money I had paid to Belle Vie for a dress that I am not sure they ever had any intention of delivering to me, since they never paid the manufacturer. The fact that my credit card company refunded my money should be all the proof you need that you should not buy here! The last thing a bride needs in the final weeks before her wedding day is to wonder whether she will even have a dress.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Judy B

Absolute Nightmare! Do not purchase your dress from Belle Vie!!! I came across Belle Vie while shopping for my daughter's wedding dress. We did not purchase a dress from Belle Vie, but I was initially impressed by the salon, and recommended it to my daughter-in-law.. Wow was I... Read More wrong. I am mortified that I made the recommendation. The experience was absolutely horrible for her!!!. First, the dress came in three weeks before the wedding, and needed considerable alterations. It was ordered well over 8 mo. in advance, and Belle Vie stated that it was "Normal" to arrive only 3 weeks before the wedding.... WHATT????. The initial fitting was the day after the dress arrived. The alterations were to be completed two weeks before the wedding. My daughter in law does not live in Chicago, and after driving 90 miles to the appointment, the seamstress had not started the dress. She literally waited 5 hours while the seamstress worked on the dress. When she tried it on, the back zipper was no longer centered, the dress was too short, and she had not even touched the top of the dress. The seamstress assured my daughter-in-law that it would be "perfect" by the next fitting - one week later (which was now one week before the wedding.) After another 90 mile trip back to Chicago, the dress was the right length but nothing else had been fixed, the dress had not been taken in, the top had not been touched, and the zipper broke as the seamstress tugged at it. The seamstress was incredibly rude and argued with the bride that the dress was "perfect," and looked like it was supposed to. After many tears, she agreed that she would make more adjustments, replace the zipper, and we could pick the dress up on Tuesday before the wedding. Another 90 mile trip back to Chicago, and the dress was still not fitted, the zipper was the wrong size, and did not zip to the top. The seamstress took $100 off the bill but still charged my daughter-in-law $750 for NOTHING!!! .Thank God for our wedding planner who told my daughter-in-law to just bring the dress back to Milwaukee no matter what, and she would have someone fix it. Wednesday morning (now three days before the wedding), the new seamstress met my daughter-in-law and stated, "OMG you have a diaper butt." She fixed the entire dress in less than 24 hours to perfection. Here's the real rub. Belle Vie never once apologized, and would not even take the calls of the mother of the bride, who is the kindest sweetest person on the planet. The customer service is so horrible, so rude, they took no responsibility, and the alterations were HORRIBLE! As someone who sews, there was NO excuse, they were not that difficult. Who takes the rear zipper in on one side?? Who doesn't take care of their customers?? Who doesn't even appologize!!!!? After reading the reviews posted here, it appears we are not the only ones that have had a nightmarish experience. I feel horrible that I referred my daughter in law to Belle Vie, and would tell any future bride to purchase your dress ANYWHERE but Belle Vie. If you have to buy it there, do NOT use their alterations!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Judy B

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Sara R

Beyond horrible customer service. Dress was two months late, and missing alterations we had paid for. Called multiple times - no answer. I spent the days before my wedding missing time with family and friends who had flown in town to run to last minute alterations appointments... Read More to correct the problems Belle Vie had caused - and never got so much as a returned call. Terrible, terrible customer service and horrible advice. Would NEVER recommend this place - get your dress anywhere else!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jessica P

To sum up my experience my wedding dress arrived extremely late (only one month before my wedding) and when it did it was pink!!! I did NOT order a pink dress. The shop claims that it was just a mistake in ordering the wrong color lining but the structure of the pink lining I... Read More received was different then the floor model version that I tried on. When we asked what our options were going forward (and keeping the pink dress was NOT an option) the best she could offer was A) buy the floor model for FULL PRICE (which also had stains on it) or B) Wait until only 3 days before I left for my out of state wedding to receive a new dress. Keep in mind it took almost a year for me to receive this ugly pink dress which also arrived a month late YET they wanted me to trust that they would deliver the correct dress a couple weeks later and only 3 days before I left for my wedding . Also, I live in Wisconsin and my mom lives in Michigan so that option was basically impossible. When my mom told Amanda that neither options would work she said that was the best she could do because she had to answer to her "board". Needless to say I ended up with having to buy the floor model which was way too tight around my stomach and too big in the chest area. Days before my wedding I had the extra stress of working out nonstop to hopefully lose weight to fit into this dress. (I'm 5'3 and weigh 125 pounds) while also having to try on/buy different bras/padding in order to find a way to fill out the top of the dress. Other things that made this experience even worse... - Prior to receiving the dress Amanda called me 3 times asking for my mom's credit card number. Apparently my mom's card number was on file but some of the numbers were not legible. She wanted to charge us the final payments prior to receiving the dress (without first notifying us) but wasn't able to do so without knowing all the numbers. Each time she called she would sound kind of frantic and pretend she didn't remember calling previously. I had to keep explaining to her "no dress no card number". - The day I realized they ordered me the wrong dress Amanda talked to us for less than 5 minutes (and was rude to my mom) then supposedly left to go pick up her kids. She then never called or contacted us after that. If you are an owner to a bridal shop and just made the worst mistake wouldn't you do anything to make the bride feel better about her experience? Instead she pretended to go make a few phone calls then either left without saying another word or hide so she didn't have to deal with us. This place took so much away from me. The day I tried on my dress should have been a beautiful memory with my mother (with both of us driving/flying in for the dress trial) and instead there was just tears and no sympathy from the owner. On my wedding day I didn't feel 100% confident like I should have. The memory I have on my wedding day is me putting on my dress and all my bridesmaids trying to reassure me that I looked ok. When you pay that much money for a dress how is it right to end up with a USED dress that doesn't even fit you while paying FULL PRICE? If you don't heed my warning and still go here to buy a dress do me a favor and at least get the number to the designer of the dress. Give it a week or two then call and make sure they actually placed your order.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Amanda C

Working with this salon is the most stressful part of wedding planning. My dress was ordered 1 year prematurely then what I agreed to on my contract. The issue was brushed off and I was told it was a small error, then was charged for the remainder of the dress 1.5 years before I... Read More was told! Communication has been horrendous and I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone- including the owner. I went to a higher-end salon in an effort to avoid this type of problem type