Get Fit For Your Wedding. Get Fit For Life.

Why do a group fitness class when you can have a customized private training and nutrition program just for you? See 10x the results in half the time and enjoy results that last! All eyes will be on you. Will there ever be a better time than your wedding day to get you motivated to get fit? Brides need to tap into this rare drive to look their absolute best and take control of their exercise and nutrition. Bells and Barbells provides customized personal training and nutrition planning based on YOUR dress, YOUR fitness goals and YOUR engagement timeline. Whether you're just starting your fitness journey or looking to take your fitness to the next level, Bells and Barbells can help! You've made a commitment to your special loved one now make a commitment to your health and fitness!

Diet + Nutrition, Fitness Videos, Gyms, Personal Trainers

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

5033 Willis Avenue, Dallas, TX Dallas, Texas (469) 256-8624

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Mara H

After giving birth, I was looking for a personal trainer that could meet my post natal needs. Not everyone knows that certain workouts should be avoided after giving birth. Some movements can be counterproductive to your workout goals. Initially, I decided to go with Bells and... Read More Barbells bc Kat is certified in pre and post natal fitness. This was a requirement of mine when I was seeking a personal trainer. What I was hoping for was a nurturing environment for a mama who was going through all the ups and downs of being a new parent. Thankfully, that is exactly the positive, compassionate, and understanding environment I experienced when I showed up for my sessions. I even brough my son with me one day. My sessions were part rehibilitation, part therpy and part training. I was surprised by how much I had to retrain my body. Movements that were easy warm ups before pregnancy were full blown workouts after giving birth. B&B helped me through this frustration by alway setting realistic expectations, infused with positive thinking. The one hour, three days a week was the only time I didn’t had to think and I got to focus on myself. I explained my goals, and each workout was tailored to reach those goals. I lost 7% body fat, at least 15lbs, and several inches in three months. My goal was to fit into my old clothes at the end of my maternity leave, and I reached that goal. Going straight into working out after having a baby is not for everyone. In many ways, it was exactly what I needed to recover from child birth. When you are ready and plan on getting back into shape after having a little one, I highly recommend Bells & Barbells.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Casey H

I hired Kat 3.5 months before my wedding. I worked out 3x a week with her and she is AMAZING! I lost 3 dress sizes and toned up everywhere! I am eating healthier than ever too. katherine knows what she is doing and her business is one of a kind. I am now staying on with her 2x... Read More week as a FIT WIFEY! SIGN UP WITH HER IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AMAZING ON YOUR WEDDING DAY! She tailors every workout to your specific skill set and ability....I was having IT band issues prior to seeing Kat and now I am not having any issues like I was and I am able to work out without pain.

2016-08-09T11:30:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Casey! I loved working with you and thank you so much for inviting me to the wedding, had so much fun!:)

Amazing Bridal Fitness Trainer

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Maureen M

I hired Katherine who is the owner and head trainer at Bells and Barbells 3 months before my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I made. I have always been active and have stayed a small size due to mostly good genetics, eating pretty healthy and working out 3-4x a... Read More week. I broke my ankle 4 months before my wedding in a freak workout class and was panicked that i wouldn't be fully healed in time to enjoy myself at the wedding (and wear the amazing shoes I had already purchased for my wedding day). I was introduced to Katherine by chance because she was guest hosting a workout class at one of the studios I attended and we immediately hit it off. She was the type of trainer that I am drawn to - high energy, very knowledgeable, and pushes you without being too aggressive or obnoxious. I took a few more of her drop in classes and then we sat down one day to talk about me joining her personal bridal fitness business. I signed on the spot and we got to work the next day (mind you, I still had a walking boot on at this time) I started working out with Katherine 3x a week and the first few weeks we took it easy due to my injury - she is highly trained with mobility so she knew exactly what to work on to help strengthen the rest of my body while my ankle fully healed. my boot came off a month after we started working out and we worked the remaining two months on core strength, and overall toning of my body. I couldn't be happier with how I looked on my wedding day thanks to Katherine's guidance - I was down a full dress size and had lost 7% body fat. My arms and back were toned and my backless wedding dress was the perfect compliment! Katherine is the only one I know of who is doing "Bridal Fitness" and it isn't just about the workout - she has partnered with local Dallas businesses to provide her brides with discounts around town and healthy food stores, massage salons, facials, etc. She really brings a fun, new aspect to the engagement process!! Hire her!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Kaylee W

I can't say enough good things about Bells and Barbells . When I first came across B & B I was intrigued. Intrigued with the owner, Kat, intrigued with the small business vibe they had going, and most importantly, intrigued by the fact that it is very personalized to you. I... Read More originally signed on for 6 months and when those six months were up I signed on for 6 more. I lost 7% body fat and a total of 8 lbs. But most importantly, I gained an incredible amount of confidence and a new found love for fitness. Something that I see as priceless! The trainers at B & B are more than qualified to help you reach your goals. Everyone at B & B makes working out less of a chore and more of a fun activity. When you're not training you can attend one of the many events Kat organizes with the many vendors B & B are partnered with. All in all, if you're looking to get into shape before your wedding you can't go wrong with Bells and Barbells!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Kelsey S

Working with Bells and Barbells was the best decision I have ever made. The entire team is so knowledgeable and they truly care about you, your goals and helping make them happen. I never thought I could have fun working out, and not only do I have fun and look forward to my... Read More sessions but I fell in love with lifting. I’ve lost almost 20lbs and got my dress taken in 2 sizes! I never thought that was possible. I would 100% recommend B&B to anyone who wants to transform their body/gain confidence for their Wedding or everyday life. No matter how big or small the goal. I’ve been with them almost a year and plan to stay after the wedding. I’ve never made a better investment in myself. DO IT!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Samantha L

I honestly wish I could write a positive review for this business. The concept is excellent, needed, and innovative. And I love that it is owned and operated by a woman. However, I must withhold my recommendation due to several things that resulted in an overall poor experience.... Read More While I enjoyed the results achieved from exercising here, there were a few issues, primarily stemming from how the business is run. I began working out with B&B 6 months prior to my wedding and opted to stay on afterwards. I decided to leave recently, and realized that I had paid for 10 months; however, I had only used or received 9 packages. I believe this was from gaps where I was gone, such as my honeymoons and the holidays. I was vigilant about keeping up with my days on a week to week basis, but because B&B only uses a paper notebook tracking system with no oversight (meaning the workouts you take are not tied to your payment directly) I did not realize I missed an actual package until I reviewed my workout log in detail. I asked the owner, Kat, and her assistant, if they could refund me the last month I had paid as I had not received the value from this service. They said they were happy to extend me 60 more days to finish the sessions I am owed; unfortunately it has become nearly impossible to find times for sessions that work for me and I am unable to complete this. The lack of training availability is due in large part to their high turnover in trainers. This leads me to my next issue with the business and how it is handled. There were several occasions in which "issues" with trainers or staff were handled publicly, or when leadership would talk poorly about them behind their backs while they were not there. I actually truly enjoyed all of the training staff I interacted with and thought each crafted unique, high-quality workouts. But, on multiple occasions over 10 months I would see trainers come and go and this process happen. Ultimately, the level of professionalism from the leadership staff is very low. Yet another instance of this occurred when another bride brought up a cleanliness issue with the gym. In response, the leadership drafted a catty, reply-all comeback to the bride. The appropriate response would have been a short, professional email saying they were addressing the client's concerns privately. Rather, they called her out and implied she sent "unwarranted opinions and false accusations."Badmouthing trainers or other clients is not acceptable. It definitely did not increase my confidence in supporting this business. Ultimately, I am happy that I have learned to enjoy working out and have gained confidence from the process, and enjoyed getting to know the trainers along the way - I never used to be able to work out or have confidence in my abilities! However, I feel like the professionalism exhibited, both in business execution and in behavior, is below the quality I would expect from a business where the minimum buy-in is $550+ a month.

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Amanda L

My husband and I worked with Katherine starting in Feb 2017 and going all the way until our wedding in November 2017. I myself lost over 20 pounds while putting on muscle in my trouble spots (mostly upper body), while my husband was able to learn from the team how to gain... Read More strength again in the right way after a surgery. Not only did she help me CRUSH my goals, Katherine taught me how to take what we were doing for workouts in the program and apply them in my own workouts at home. She gave me the skills to continue to improve myself and keep hitting my fitness goals even though my wedding has passed. I still go to her myself one to two times a month to check in on my weight lifting form and have someone motivate me to push myself harder during my workouts. I owe both my physical health and the things I've learned about weight training and nutrition to Katherine and her great group of trainers at Bells & Barbells. I HIGHLY suggest investing in Bells & Barbells, because, in the end, you're really just investing in a healthier you with an AMAZING businesswoman who wants nothing more than to see you reach your goals. Two thumbs up, and definitely 5+ stars to B&B.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 April O

I had a great experience working with B&B before my wedding! I did the 3x a week program and lost 24 pounds before my big day—we even had to take 4 inches out from my dress! The trainers are all very knowledgeable and create a fun environment to be in. It was also a great outlet... Read More to relieve stress during the planning process! B&B can help you meet your goals and it’s all worth it when you can walk down the aisle and feel great!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Emily H

I couldn't say enough great things about Bells and Barbells. I was already pretty active at a big-box gym but decided I could use a bit more focus before my big day. I trained at B&B for six months and saw a dramatic shift in my body-results I had been striving for, for years!... Read More The personalized work-outs, nutrition plan, fun environment, and AMAZING trainers are what makes B&B so special. Kat is great with rehab as well-she gave me some stretches to help strengthen a weak hip I've had issues with since high school. I felt so confident in my wedding dress and received so many compliments on how toned I looked. Thanks B&B team!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lindsay R

My now husband and I signed up with Kat in February a couple months after we got engaged. I loved how personable Kat was during our phone call and even more thrilled that my husband wanted to work out with me! The environment is great and it's so much fun working out with other... Read More couples around the gym. All the trainers are great, Kat is continually improving the equipment, and I would highly recommend Bells & Barbells to any bride or groom looking to improve their fitness before their wedding. I love the way I look in my photos and I couldn't have done it without Bells & Barbells!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Shannen K

I am not the type of person who likes to work out and I had to drag myself to Bells and Barbells three months before my wedding because I didn't want to look flabby and shapeless on my big day. However I've actually enjoyed working out for the first time in my life with lots of... Read More help from Kat and her amazing team. I LOVE all the trainers and their personality is so much fun but they will push you hard and you will get what you need at the end of the day. Result was unbelievable after my three months program. Not just my weight got decreased but my body fat was incredibly lower and I feel lighter, healthier and confident. All my friends mentioned how different I look and I was very satisfied with my look on my wedding day. Only regret I have is that I wish I found out about Bells and Barbells earlier so I could've done longer programs than 3 months. I am more than thankful to Kat and her team for giving me an amazing experience with such a friendly loving heart.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lindsay M

I trained with Kat and her team for 6 months before my wedding and LOVED the confidence it gave me for my big day. She has a special talent for hiring incredible trainers that know what they are doing, know how to push you while keeping you safe, and really care about your... Read More success. As someone who grew up playing sports and has worked with many other trainers before, these are some of the best I’ve ever worked with. As a bonus, I loved getting help setting nutrition goals and having accountability to make sure I achieved them! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a extra help to feel great and look hot on your big day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Emilia L

I had seen the Bells and Barbells ads in a few magazines and was very hesitant, because I thought I didn't need to hire anyone to get me in shape. I went to the gym on a regular basis and then realized, I needed someone to tell me exactly how to train. I signed up and convinced... Read More my fiancé to join me on our fitness journey. We started 6 months prior to our wedding, and we enjoyed the whole process. There are several trainers and everyone fully cares on your success and progress. The atmosphere is wonderful and not intimidating, which sometimes happens at other gyms. The best part of everything was that my fiancé and I did it together! We motivated each other and saw how committed we were to each other and to ourselves to get healthy and in shape. I'd recommend Bells and Barbells to all brides, but especially those on the fence of signing up. You won't regret your decision.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 AnnaMarie A

They were absolutely amazing. Great people, great workouts, and great motivation. If I didn't move to an hour away I could have gone there for life.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Hannah O

I cannot thank Bells and Barbells for all they did for me throughout my three months working out there. I went three times a week! 1 month prior to my wedding, my wedding dress did not fit (and my alterations team noted there was nothing they could do because of the fabric). I... Read More reached out to Kat and her and her team customized a workout program that was extremely helpful, and I was able to reach my wedding fitness goals! My dress fit on my wedding day, and it was even a little bit big. The team at Bells and Barbells make workouts fun (because who likes waking up early to work out?). They also customize your workouts, so you stay motivated! I felt fit and beautiful on my wedding day because of Bells and Barbells! The team there is thoughtful, and really care about the people they are working with! I cannot thank them enough <3

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Gina H

I am so happy that I found Bells and Barbells through The Knot! I have always been really active, but I didn't want to look back on my wedding photos and regret not getting a personal trainer. With Bells & Barbells, you don't only get a personal trainer, but a whole TEAM!... Read More Katherine and her team are top notch. I worked with them for about 4 months, and I saw great results. I felt stronger, healthier, and grew in confidence. Also, the studio is in a convenient location, and it has great equipment. I have a complicated schedule, and they were always able to accommodate me. I cannot say enough great things about this studio. If you think you are just going to take more spin classes or run more, you won't. This team has all the tools you need to reach your wedding fitness goals. THANKS KAT + B&B Team!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Sarah A

I was with Kat for about 5 months and my fiancé went with me for about 4 months. I found out about a hormone issue at the same time (reason for my weight gain). Kat and her team were amazing. They were able to stop the weight gain and actually helped me build enough muscle to... Read More start losing weight. I never felt judged and always felt support when I was in the gym and even out of it. I would recommend Bells and Barbells to anyone looking for that extra push before your big day. Even my fiancé (now husband) loved it. He said it pushed him to do more than he normally would working out. The food and motivation emails are also great because it keeps you accountable when you weren’t working out and with Kat she cares about you and your journey not just when you are in the gym working out. We will miss our dachshund mascots Kylie and Hotdog too!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017

This might be a little long, but I feel details are important :) When I first decided I wanted to start training at Bells & Barbells, I was quite skeptical of being capable of reaching my fitness goals. I enrolled in the 3-month program and hoped for the best. For years, I... Read More had tried "eating healthy" under my own terms and joined various, different gyms, but I still wasn't seeing the results I expected and my motivation kept declining. At one point, I wasn't happy with my body and I knew I didn't want to feel that way while wearing my wedding gown. After checking out the studio and meeting Kat, her energy and enthusiasm hooked me. By the end of my first month, my fiancé decided to join me to support me on my journey. My fiancé had always been into fitness and lifting so he did not have high expectations, but he ended up loving the training which in turn, helped him better his technique. During the program, I adopted good and healthy eating habits and by the end of it, I had lost 12 pounds, 3.5 inches on my waist and about 4.5% fat. I reached my goals and I feel amazing and with a lot more energy. Plus I met amazing and lovely people like Jenna and Ashley who make you feel so comfortable and make exercising so much fun. I'm very glad I decided to join as it's been one of the best investments I've ever made. I plan to continue a healthy lifestyle and I'll always be thankful to the wonderful ladies at B&B ❤️

2017-08-24T21:19:57 Response from the vendor

WOW Jennifer! Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time at Bells and Barbells. Our goal was to get you #FitForTheWedding and #FitForLife!! We're so glad we helped you hit the trifecta of losing pounds, losing inches,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Madeline B

Kat and her team at Bells and Barbells were amazing! They kept me sane with awesome workouts and stepped it up extra notches if I came in stressed needing to let it out. Whenever I had a question about an exercise or recipes their was a quick response with answers and ideas.... Read More Because of Bells and Barbells I was happy, confident, and comfortable in my own skin at our wedding and the ensuing honeymoon. I was able to keep up with my athlete husband hiking and adventuring in Costa Rica. Thanks to Kat and her team I had 2" taken out of my wedding dress waist line and felt confident in my new bikini jumping off a waterfall!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Angelica J

Kat is beyond amazing at what she does. Regardless of how busy she may be she has the remarkable way of making you feel like you are her only client. She is completely investing in her bride's goals and success. I went into the experience not really sure what to expect but Kat... Read More quickly put me at ease. She is beyond knowledgeable about all things fitness and very cautious about any prior injuries you may have. A really cool aspect about her program is that it is completely tailored to your needs. No bride does the same workout. I felt absolutely stunning in my dress!! I've been active and into sports my entire life but have never been in that great of shape my entire life!! I can not express my gratitude enough for Kat and all her amazing trainers. Ladies it is well worth the time and money!! No one can get you to your goals faster than Bells and Barbells!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Monica C

Kat is such a sweetheart with the bubbliest personality. I was nervous about working with a personal trainer for the first time! I gained about 15 pounds after getting engaged and ordering my dress during my long engagement (15 months). After moving to dallas a few months before... Read More the wedding, I decided to work with a personal trainer and I'm so glad I found Bells and Barbells! 3 months later and I am 12 inches down all over, 12 pounds down, and best of all... my dress fits like a glove! My fiancé and I signed up together and it was such a great experience working out together. The trainers definitely put together sessions for us that were challenging and pushed us to limit to get us ready for the altar! If you're looking for a great group of trainers to whip you into shape, these guys will not let you down!!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Laura S

Bells and Barbells helped me reach my fitness goals that I never thought were possible while planning a wedding! Katherine and her team of trainers provided a flexible workout schedule to custom fit my hectic wedding planning and work schedule. They provided such an encouraging... Read More & fun atmosphere that makes you look forward to every work out. Katherine checked up on me to see how my healthy eating was going and sent nutritious recipes each week. After 3 months of working with Kat & her trainers, I'm down 14 total inches! I haven't been this in shape since I graduated high school. Now I have the confidence to feel great in my wedding dress this weekend and honeymoon!! I 100% recommend Bells and Barbells to any bride that wants to get in shape with trainers that are with you every step of the way!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Quincy J

To be honest, I was completely skeptical about hiring a personal trainer especially when I know the price of one around here. Plus, I felt like my schedule was too busy and other workout plans hadn't really worked for me. But, I am so glad I went to Bells & Barbells! Kathrine... Read More and her team are amazing and so helpful! Kat makes sure that you are getting the workouts you need and the plans that are right for you. I am gluten intolerant and have a bad ankle and she ensured workouts and meal plans were tailored to those needs. It's also amazing how understanding they are of your schedule. They will do their best to work with your schedule each week, especially if you're going out of town and have other obligations. The team is always encouraging and they continue to push you to just do your best. I also loved how creative they are with the workouts. I learned many new techniques that I can easily do in my own home. Overall, I am so glad I just sucked it up and did it! Well worth it!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Ashley M

B&B is an amazing organization! It's hard to find trainers who not only know what they're doing, but actually walk the walk. Katherine has great passion for what she does and Zach is phenomenal at whipping anyone into shape.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017

Bells and Barbells is great! Personalized fitness training and nutritional advice that will help you achieve your wedding day goals! Kat, the owner, and the other trainers are terrific to work with! Super flexible with my crazy schedule. I have previous injuries that require... Read More some modifications and Kat knows exactly how to do so while providing me with an optimal workout. Each of the trainers is available to you both inside AND outside of the gym. It's like you can take your trainer with you wherever you go! Best investment I made for my wedding! I looked amazing in my dress and got so many compliments!

Katherine Bahlburg

Hello! My name is Katherine Bahlburg and I am the owner and founder of Bells and Barbells, I have over 12 years of experience operating as an athlete, coach and personal trainer. My vision is to help women look and feel their best on their wedding day and carry that fitness into their marriage. With a team of 8 dedicated and highly skilled personal trainers, a nutrition specialist and a studio manager we make sure our brides reach their goals! You have put a lot of thought and planning into the details of your wedding day so, don’t leave out the most important detail of all, you :)