Get Fit For Your Wedding. Get Fit For Life.

All eyes will be on you. Will there ever be a better time than your wedding day to get you motivated to get fit? Brides need to tap into this rare drive to look their absolute best and take control of their exercise and nutrition. Bells and Barbells provides customized personal training and nutrition planning based on YOUR dress, YOUR fitness goals and YOUR engagement timeline. Whether you're just starting your fitness journey or looking to take your fitness to the next level, Bells and Barbells can help! You've made a commitment to your special loved one now make a commitment to your health and fitness!

Fitness

Boot Camps, Diet + Nutrition, Gyms, Personal Trainers

5033 Willis Avenue, Dallas, TX Dallas, Texas (469) 256-8624
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Casey H

I hired Kat 3.5 months before my wedding. I worked out 3x a week with her and she is AMAZING! I lost 3 dress sizes and toned up everywhere! I am eating healthier than ever too. katherine knows what she is doing and her business is one of a kind. I am now staying on with her 2x... Read More week as a FIT WIFEY! SIGN UP WITH HER IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AMAZING ON YOUR WEDDING DAY! She tailors every workout to your specific skill set and ability....I was having IT band issues prior to seeing Kat and now I am not having any issues like I was and I am able to work out without pain.

2016-08-09T11:30:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Casey! I loved working with you and thank you so much for inviting me to the wedding, had so much fun!:)

Amazing Bridal Fitness Trainer

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Maureen M

I hired Katherine who is the owner and head trainer at Bells and Barbells 3 months before my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I made. I have always been active and have stayed a small size due to mostly good genetics, eating pretty healthy and working out 3-4x a... Read More week. I broke my ankle 4 months before my wedding in a freak workout class and was panicked that i wouldn't be fully healed in time to enjoy myself at the wedding (and wear the amazing shoes I had already purchased for my wedding day). I was introduced to Katherine by chance because she was guest hosting a workout class at one of the studios I attended and we immediately hit it off. She was the type of trainer that I am drawn to - high energy, very knowledgeable, and pushes you without being too aggressive or obnoxious. I took a few more of her drop in classes and then we sat down one day to talk about me joining her personal bridal fitness business. I signed on the spot and we got to work the next day (mind you, I still had a walking boot on at this time) I started working out with Katherine 3x a week and the first few weeks we took it easy due to my injury - she is highly trained with mobility so she knew exactly what to work on to help strengthen the rest of my body while my ankle fully healed. my boot came off a month after we started working out and we worked the remaining two months on core strength, and overall toning of my body. I couldn't be happier with how I looked on my wedding day thanks to Katherine's guidance - I was down a full dress size and had lost 7% body fat. My arms and back were toned and my backless wedding dress was the perfect compliment! Katherine is the only one I know of who is doing "Bridal Fitness" and it isn't just about the workout - she has partnered with local Dallas businesses to provide her brides with discounts around town and healthy food stores, massage salons, facials, etc. She really brings a fun, new aspect to the engagement process!! Hire her!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Monica C

Kat is such a sweetheart with the bubbliest personality. I was nervous about working with a personal trainer for the first time! I gained about 15 pounds after getting engaged and ordering my dress during my long engagement (15 months). After moving to dallas a few months before... Read More the wedding, I decided to work with a personal trainer and I'm so glad I found Bells and Barbells! 3 months later and I am 12 inches down all over, 12 pounds down, and best of all... my dress fits like a glove! My fiancé and I signed up together and it was such a great experience working out together. The trainers definitely put together sessions for us that were challenging and pushed us to limit to get us ready for the altar! If you're looking for a great group of trainers to whip you into shape, these guys will not let you down!!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Laura S

Bells and Barbells helped me reach my fitness goals that I never thought were possible while planning a wedding! Katherine and her team of trainers provided a flexible workout schedule to custom fit my hectic wedding planning and work schedule. They provided such an encouraging... Read More & fun atmosphere that makes you look forward to every work out. Katherine checked up on me to see how my healthy eating was going and sent nutritious recipes each week. After 3 months of working with Kat & her trainers, I'm down 14 total inches! I haven't been this in shape since I graduated high school. Now I have the confidence to feel great in my wedding dress this weekend and honeymoon!! I 100% recommend Bells and Barbells to any bride that wants to get in shape with trainers that are with you every step of the way!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Quincy J

To be honest, I was completely skeptical about hiring a personal trainer especially when I know the price of one around here. Plus, I felt like my schedule was too busy and other workout plans hadn't really worked for me. But, I am so glad I went to Bells & Barbells! Kathrine... Read More and her team are amazing and so helpful! Kat makes sure that you are getting the workouts you need and the plans that are right for you. I am gluten intolerant and have a bad ankle and she ensured workouts and meal plans were tailored to those needs. It's also amazing how understanding they are of your schedule. They will do their best to work with your schedule each week, especially if you're going out of town and have other obligations. The team is always encouraging and they continue to push you to just do your best. I also loved how creative they are with the workouts. I learned many new techniques that I can easily do in my own home. Overall, I am so glad I just sucked it up and did it! Well worth it!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Ashley M

B&B is an amazing organization! It's hard to find trainers who not only know what they're doing, but actually walk the walk. Katherine has great passion for what she does and Zach is phenomenal at whipping anyone into shape.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017

Bells and Barbells is great! Personalized fitness training and nutritional advice that will help you achieve your wedding day goals! Kat, the owner, and the other trainers are terrific to work with! Super flexible with my crazy schedule. I have previous injuries that require... Read More some modifications and Kat knows exactly how to do so while providing me with an optimal workout. Each of the trainers is available to you both inside AND outside of the gym. It's like you can take your trainer with you wherever you go! Best investment I made for my wedding! I looked amazing in my dress and got so many compliments!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Allison L

There is a ton of stress once you start planning a wedding….everything has to be perfect. The perfect band, the perfect décor, the perfect flowers, the perfect dress…etc. I will tell you though, one thing I didn’t worry about once I started training with Kat was…the dress.... Read More Kat is a bowl full of sunshine, with a bit of ninja in her. She greets you with a huge smile (and sometimes a hug) and then it begins. My first few sessions were rough, I was so out of shape. I kept telling myself I couldn’t do it, but after working through it - mixed with all her added motivation and enthusiasm, I started to surprise myself. She designed the perfect program for what I wanted (after I showed her a pic of me in my dress, eek!). Her team is just amazing, I learned how to properly lift weights, do squats (which a harder than they look), circuit train and be excited about working out. When I went in for my final dress fitting, my dress had to be taken in 4”! Kat is not only the best but she’s also an amazing person. If you have any doubts about whether this will be worth it, stop it now. Her and her team are the best!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Danielle D

I began working with Bells and Barbells 3 months before my wedding on 12/9/16 after having little success with my former workout program. I injured my back weight lifting 2 years ago and continued to injure myself before seeing Kat. In the beginning we worked on mobility and... Read More healing my back before moving to the higher intensity workouts. Kat was attentive during the training sessions and the workouts continued to challenge me even though I had limited mobility. Another thing that I loved when working with Kat was accountability with nutrition. She was helpful in giving feedback of how to tweak my meals and also encouraging me to continue eating healthy. After spending 3 months with Bells and Barbells I considered Kat and her other 2 trainers (Zach and Terrell) friends. I would definitely recommend Bells and Barbells while preparing for your wedding. It's worth the investment.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Allison P

Working with Kat has been awesome. I worked out with her three times a week leading up to my wedding and two times a week since. I've truly never felt so strong, toned and fit. While it was great to feel so good at the wedding, working with her has generally helped me make... Read More smarter lifestyle changes beyond the wedding. Now I'm training for a half marathon -- which I never would have been able to done before.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Amy M

I love Kat, Zach and Terrell. They are all so motivating. They help you to clean up your diet as well as tone up. Zach was helpful in finding me a way to get carbs as a type 1 diabetic. He introduced me to a carb powder that has helped to keep my blood sugar stable while I am... Read More active as a nurse. They also helped to tone my arms and my butt looks amazing.. I want to continue as a #fitwifey to tone my abs for the honeymoon. Kat's dogs are also so cute and give motivating kisses while you workout..

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Leslie W

If you're looking get in shape for your big day you must contact Katherine at Bells and Barbells! She helped me so much in preparing me for my wedding. She is very knowledgable in health and fitness. While helping me tone up from head to toe she was very careful in making... Read More sure I didn't hurt myself. And a little bonus... If I was having an emotional day (because brides to be tend to have a few) she was always there to listen and share some encouraging words! The other trainers are awesome too! Congrats to Kat on your amazing business!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lauren H

Absolutely loved working with Katherine and the other trainers! Just got married on Sunday and so far am loving the results. My dress fit beautifully and I love all the pictures. Before training with Katherine I didn't feel confident in pictures. Now I love it and have more... Read More goals to continue with after my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Katie M

Katherine and Bells and Barbells is a must and worth every penny! Our bridal party decided to embark upon a get fit for the wedding journey together to motivate each other on all of our fitness goals. This journey was amazing and couldn't have been achieved without the... Read More incredible drive, ethic and knowledge that Katherine possesses. She not only delivered on results for all of us, but befriended us and helped us not only attain our fitness goals, but trained us on life long eating ethics that played a large part of our transformation. Thank you Katherine for all your effort, friendship and love. We will continue after the wedding! Katie

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Tina P

There really are no words to describe how grateful I am for Katherine - I have never been so pleased with my body and my shape. I look in the mirror and I smile to see all of the progress I have made. I bought my wedding dress about 3 months before I met Katherine and had... Read More nightmares about the decision I had made. I was unhappy with how I looked and kept thinking I had made the wrong choice. However after meeting Kat, showing her my pictures of me in my dress she knew exactly what to do to make me feel my best. Kat is not only an AMAZING trainer but a true friend. Her kindness and passion for her business is not only inspiring but addicting. I pushed myself and trained 4x a week for the last two months until my wedding. It was grueling but totally worth it. I am down multiple inches all over my body (waist, thighs, and especially arms) as well as down 10 pounds. I would 10000000% recommend Katherine to any bride who is wanting to look the best they can for their wedding, and shift their entire lifestyle. I know what it feels like to be healthy now and there is no way I am going back. Kat is charismatic, kind, understanding and one of the most passionate people I have ever met. I am truly grateful that I met her and that she changed my life. My wedding would not have been the same if it was not for her, and I will be grateful for her every time I look at one of my wedding pictures

2016-08-09T11:34:09 Response from the vendor

Tina you are the bomb! I am so glad you found Bells and Barbells and that we got to know each other! Friends for life and yes you looked AMAZING in your dress! #teambride

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Hilary S

Katherine is WONDERFUL. I promise you won't be disappointed! She is very knowledgeable about not only working out and how to tailor it to your needs, but in nutrition as well. I've never felt more amazing and more confident in my own skin.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Karla J

Katherine- really knows how to get you motivated and get you fit not only for your big day but the rest of your life, I worked with Kat 6 months and felt really beautiful and ready for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jess S

After my engagement and a couple months of wedding planning under my belt, I had moment of panic and sadness (as most of us experience) when looking at my body in the mirror. My beach wedding was 7 months away and I was going to be in a bathing suit in front of everyone I knew!... Read More I found Kat on Facebook through an ad which, coincidentally, also happened to have a co-worker and as her fitness model. I contacted her, after a stellar review from my friend, and had an almost immediate response. We quickly set up our assessment for the following week and as I hung up the phone I had another moment of panic! I was so out of shape and had not worked out in FOREVER. As soon as I met Kat, she reassured me that our workouts would be custom made for me, my body and skill level. In that first meeting I was unsure if she could really follow through in some of her business plan. The workouts, the food, the local discounts all seemed too good to be true- but man did she prove me wrong! We started the next day and luckily I had more time than most to get my body to where I wanted it to be. She immediately set me up with recipes and healthy food options and we even used one of my first sessions for meal prep. The meal prep was most beneficial for me as it was a crash course in cooking my own food and eating right to reach my goals- It was during this meal prep that I also realized that Kat and I were going to be close friends and get along famously! Throughout our 7 months of pre-wedding fitness, Kat motivated and encouraged me to keep going when all I wanted to do was lie on the ground and say “Nope, Nah Uh, No More!” (Actually happened a time or two). She yelled at me when I needed it and also recognized the days I needed to take it easy and listen to my body. She constantly added new workouts and movements so that I was never bored and never had the same workout twice! By the time my wedding arrived, I had lost 5 pounds more than my goal (35lbs total) and was feeling the best I had ever felt. Kat is kind, inspiring, and motivating and I am forever grateful for her making me feel my most beautiful on my most special day.

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Nicole A

There is no way that I could be any happier with a personal trainer. Kat is seriously the BEST!! She really listened to my goals and helped me achieve what I wanted for my wedding day. I've never felt more beautiful! Very happy with my results and I know that there is no way I... Read More could have gotten there by myself. Kat noted some posture issues and really helped to correct those issues and give me the tools/stretches I need to continue to always work on my posture issues. I had a previous foot injury that caused me a lot of pain when running or jumping around a lot and Kat really tailored my workouts around my injury. If you are trying to decide if personal training with Kat would be right for you, trust me, it is! She's very personable and so nice, unlike a lot of personal trainers, and she really gets to know you as a person, not just a client. I gained a friend when I started working out with Kat, and I hope our friendship stays strong even after my wedding!

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Gina P

So I have to give a shout out to my trainer Kat (aka Katniss). After moving to Texas, I gained over 20 pounds and didn't know I had undiagnosed thyroid issues. I was in a funk! Fast forward me going through two trainers and finding Kat on a Facebook ad. I walked into one of her... Read More group sessions and knew I had to try working out with her! Now two months later, and 17 pounds down, Kat has put up with my wining, temper tantrums, last minute schedule changes, etc. and moved from trainer to friend. From coming over to meal prep every month with me with new awesome recipes to waking up at 6am today before my flight out for the wedding- she is beyond anything I could have ever thought a trainer could be! I can notice such a difference in the way my scrubs fit, my energy, my confidence... and my fiancé likes it too. Thanks so much Kat! I love ya!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Linsey T

Katherine is amazing! I originally found out about her via Instagram and went to her Bridal Bootcamp she offers at Lorna Jane in West Village every Saturday. At the time, I was currently struggling to meet my weight loss goal of 60 pounds and felt like I had hit a wall and... Read More needed something intense and an actual fun workout. That one bootcamp convinced me Katherine could definitely help me out. I signed up to meet with her for 3 months and it was worth it. She has extremely flexible hours, some days we even met at 5 or 6 am. Each workout was personally tailored for my needs with a diet plan that was easy to follow. She also has a ton of vendors in the Dallas area related to bridal/wedding needs that offer a discount as welll. I've not only quickly lost weight, but toned up as well and have gotten so many compliments on my weight loss. Training with Katherine was really the boost I needed. I've been really impressed with the work that we've done and have recommended her to all of my other recently engaged friends. Thanks, Katherine!

Best decision I've made!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Melissa C

As I was getting ready for my wedding, I kept telling myself I'll get myself into gear - tried going to the gym, started a running program, worked out w/ my roommates at home, even signing for an online "trainer". But honestly, I was so stressed from all the planning, I really... Read More needed someone to motivate me and keep me accountable. I'm a physical therapist, and I've always heard and seen personal trainers show horrible and scary forms to their clients. I was definitely initially skeptical about this whole thing...but I really needed to get back into shape! Katherine was definitely a God-sent! She knows her stuff; everything she showed me is exactly what I've been taught - she's also given me tips on how to explain certain movements to my patients. The first time we met, she gave me such a huge, warm hug that I knew I'll feel comfortable working with her. She never made me feel uneasy, and really knew how to target the areas I needed. She asked about my dress and the theme to my wedding, so she can come up with all these creative workouts for me. Every time was something different, so I never got bored. And she totally caters to my time, despite the fact that she has a busy schedule herself! My work schedule starts early, so there are days when our workouts will be at 5AM! That's what I needed...someone to really kick my butt out of bed. If I was on my own, I would NEVER do it! By the end of my 3 months with Katherine, with the workout and her suggestions on my eating plan, I've lost a total of 12 lbs and a couple of inches all over my body! I've always lost the "water weight", but never the actual weight. People noticed a difference in me, both inside and out. Since I'm finally done with the wedding, I'm continuing with Katherine as her #fitwifey! I feel so incredibly blessed to have met Katherine, not only as my trainer, but as an awesome and fun friend!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Alma H

I first met Katherine at her free bootcamp she hosts every saturday in the Lorna Jane studio in West Village. We immediately hit it off and I decided to give her a try. I was new to Dallas and only a few months away from my wedding, as a travel nurse its not easy to keep a good... Read More diet or exercise habits because most gyms require longer commitment And when your on the road every 3 months you dont always have all of your kitchen supplies. One of the MANY things I LOVED about Bells and Barbells were all of the discounts I could get all over town. I was able to find a place that had fresh healthy pre packaged food at a discounted price for being one of Katherine's brides!! She has great discounts for her brides all over town!! I was able to lose 6 inches in my waist and many more all over. She is soo encouraging and is never overly aggressive, I always looked forward to my workouts with her and I was happy with my results! My wedding gown fit like a glove and I received soo many compliments!! After my honeymoon my AMAZING new hubby decided to surprise me with 2 months worth of sessions because he knew how much I LOVED working out with Kat and how much happier I was. Now as a #fitwifey we have been able to ensure that my results last and that I learn how to properly exercise while preventing injuries. I am saddened that next week will be my last training sessions with my now very good friend Kat i will definitely miss her in Reno but I will definitely take everything I learned and continue to use it!!!!

Newly Buff Bride*

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

I have been working out with Katherine for 3+ months prior to my upcoming wedding in August. I have always been pretty active but have never been in this good of shape before. Katherine is awesome and so helpful with nutrition and changing up work outs. Above all she is... Read More motivating and fun to be around. I never thought I would wake up in the morning to work out but due to my schedule, I had to and Katherine is always happy to be there and get things going. I recently went to my final dress fitting and am even more in love with it because of the improvements I’ve made with Katherine. She is totally worth the money and time spent and I look forward to keeping up the nutrition and work outs after the wedding!

Katherine Bahlburg

I’m Katherine Bahlburg, the founder and head trainer of Bells and Barbells, I have over 12 years of experience operating as an athlete, coach and personal trainer. My vision is to help women look and feel their best on their wedding day and carry that fitness into their marriage. I know that you have put a lot of thought and planning into the details of your wedding day so, don’t leave out the most important detail of all – YOU