Ben Mallare Events & Entertainment

Serving California and Nevada | San Diego to San Francisco

This is gonna be the day of your life.

It's our job to make that happen, and we take it very seriously! From San Diego to Seattle, we've created unforgettable celebrations for guests of all ages, working tirelessly with a crew of A-list musicians, all with one person in mind: YOU!  With a client list including Nike, eBay, Toyota, IBM, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Kaiser Permanente, and countless brides and grooms, we combine our musical talent with event planning expertise to create spectacular parties. From beautifully articulate ceremony music, to rocking dance parties with extraordinary finishes, two affordable and completely customizable live bands perform today's top 40 hits, country, classic rock, singer-songwriter, big band standards, and other popular music from the last seventy years.

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving California and Nevada | San Diego to San Francisco (410) 980-8370

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Larry C

There are simply no words to describe how incredible Ben Mallare and his band members were for our wedding: it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There is a reason why they have such high marks - it's because they care about the music, care about the guests, care about... Read More feedback, and genuinely care that every single person attending our wedding walked away with their mind blown at how good the music and entertainment was at the event. From the first moment we spoke with our wedding planner and Ben, we knew we were in good hands. His professionalism and attention to detail showed how well-rounded he was, and how good a musician he was at the same time. He gave us so many helpful suggestions that molded and shaped our event in such a positive way. And, not to mention, his voice is extraordinary -- we LOVED listening to him at our wedding because it felt like we merged a live concert with all of our friends and family with a group of incredibly talented musicians. Ben was also kind enough to let me and a close friend of mine play a few tunes on their instruments to please the crowd -- when we least expected it, the band jumped on it and joined us, creating this magical moment that our guests have been talking about nonstop since the event. I can wholeheartedly say that from the music played at the ceremony, all through the very last encore, Ben Mallare and his talented group of musicians made our wedding the most memorable, wonderful occasion -- we are already thinking about having our vows renewed just so we can do it all over again!! Thank you Ben Mallare & all of your band members for showing us that you cared and for inspiring us with your music.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Alex L

Ben Mallare and his band are the BEST band you could have. I will continue and get long-winded but if you only read one part: he communicates like a boss, sings like an angel, rocks the house, and will make whatever event you have one that your guests will talk about FOREVER.... Read More I will start an actual quote from a groomsman: “Usually at weddings I dance and they take some songs off to go chat with people and get drinks, but they just kept playing my jams and I couldn’t leave!” My husband and I know that a dope band takes an ordinary wedding and elevates it like crazy. That is why picking a band was so important to us as we started planning our wedding. Ben Mallare and his band travelled to Colorado to perform for us, and nearly all of the 100 people at our wedding said that they were the best band they had ever seen. They played beautifully for the ceremony, adapting “Everybody Dance Now” to an amazing recessional that really set our tone just the way we planned it. Then they played the cocktail hour, getting to know the crowd, then dinner, then pumped up the JAMS in the tent for a dance floor that was never empty. And when I say never empty, I don’t mean weird cousin Eddy was milling about trying to scam on my friends who were too nice to say no, I mean people would try to leave for a second to go to the bathroom or get a drink but they would RUN back because they didn’t want to miss a song. Actually my cousins loved the band so much that they were practically in the band, they were dancing so close. Starting at dinner when we were going around saying hello and thanking people for coming, people would respond with comments about how much they liked the band already. Congratulations, whatever, they were loving being serenaded as they ate and getting excited for more. Then, Ben had an outfit change from his classy dinner jacket to a sequin party jacket and we all knew it was on. They were great when it time to seamlessly flow from the father-bride dance to the mother-groom dance but the mother of the groom was nowhere to be found. Not mentioning the hiccup, but playing the background intro of the song to be ready when she was there. We decided to not have a formal cake-cutting because we wanted to get some pics quick as possible of the cut and then get back to the dance floor ourselves. So you know they are great when they get there, but Ben is a great at email and the phone. He is a true professional and was such a great person to plan with. He really made me feel like he cared about me, despite not meeting until after the ceremony because they flew in for our wedding. I believed that he wanted to create the type of musical atmosphere that we wanted and would enhance every part of the day. That feeling made the planning and execution that much better. So much so that I invited the band to the after-party and they came! And a bunch of our guests talked to them and wanted to know more about them and their thing because they were so amazing playing. In summary, if you want a band for your event that will be everything you want it to be and more, choose Ben Mallare. I can’t say enough good things about them and our experience and I am excited to continue to hear, for the rest of my life, how awesome the band was at our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kim T

Thank you Ben Mallare Events & Entertainment for an incredible and unforgettable evening. When I look back at my wedding day, my favorite moments were seeing how much fun my family and friends were having on the dance floor. Ben and his band are so talented and their music... Read More caters to people of all ages – even older family members were letting loose during the reception. My 5-year old nephew was an especially huge fan and danced nonstop for 2 hours! We chose Ben’s Standard package (vocals, guitar, drums & bass) for 5 hours, starting with cocktail hours and for the duration of our reception. Ben was great about working out the logistics of the set-up in our venue and was able to set up in 3 locations – an outdoor courtyard for cocktails hours, inside the reception hallway for dinner, and lastly in a separate room for dancing. From the very first email correspondence with Ben, he was always so friendly, responsive and informative. One of the characteristics about Ben that I truly appreciate is his willingness to help us with what we needed. Two weeks leading up to the wedding, I realized that I needed a mic and speakers for our ceremony and Ben gladly provided the equipment. I also made a last minute request to have Ben facilitate the "Shoe Game" during our reception and he also gladly said yes. He has such a positive and can-do attitude, which was very reassuring during the planning process. Ben provided us with a song list, which included a wide range of songs from different genres; we were so impressed with the list and simply just noted a few of our favorites songs and gave Ben the freedom to choose what to play (we loved everything that he played at the wedding). However, we did make specific song requests for our first dance, introduction and last song of the evening, which he fulfilled. My husband and I have already started to recommend Ben & his band to my family and friends who are getting married because we selfishly want another opportunity to celebrate with Ben! I highly recommend Ben Mallare Events & Entertainment. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Tammy D

Fun band to work with! We received lots of compliments from our guests.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Catherine F

Ben Mallare and his band was absolutely phenomenal. We are still getting compliments about how great the music was. They made our wedding so fun! He responded quickly up until the wedding and made communication seamless. The band’s energy was contagious and everybody was on the... Read More dance floor all night. They are so talented. I would definitely recommend them 100% for your big day.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Linda S

I booked the Andy Inglat band for my summer wedding in San Diego. I had the pleasure of working with Ben Mallare during my wedding planning, that he ended up being my fave vendor to collaborate with. From the initial contact of requesting for a quote, he was very professional... Read More and he always responded to my emails right away. After seeing several video samples of his band and the sample sets listed on his website, I knew I had made the RIGHT DECISION! Ben is very tech-savvy and organized, and about a couple months before your BIG day, he'll send you a Google Word doc to input all your music preferences from the grand entrance, first dance, garter toss, bouquet toss, cake cutting, to "MC Notes" and the "Timetable" for the schedule of events. I wanted something classy, but energetic at the same time. And the Andy Inglat Band did just that! I had the "Small But Mighty" package, which consisted of 3 people: the lead singer, drummer, and base player. But honestly, it sounded like a 10-piece band! That's how incredible they were! Andy was the lead singer and did such an AMAZING job!!! Andy was very versatile, as I had instructed for the Standards to be played (Dean Martin, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra) for the cocktail half-hour and luncheon part of the reception. During open dance, he easily transformed my reception into a dance party, where my dance floor seemed to always be packed, playing the top 40 (Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Pharrell) along with some 80's (Michael Jackson)! They do cater to their clients' preferences. They even learned 6 songs for us based on our input. The transition from one song to another was seamless. And I loved how Andy incorporated my name (the Bride) into the song, "Brown Eyed Girl," as that was an awesome surprise! Practically every guest came up to us saying how GREAT the band was and asked where did I find them. We would definitely hire them again in a heartbeat! It was THE BEST DECISION we made and am so happy we chose the Andy Inglat Band for our wedding and you will too!!! We wouldn't have had it any other way. They truly did create the energetic, but unforgettable wedding day that we wanted! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Tracy O

How do I begin to convey how amazing Ben and his team is?! From first correspondence to the last dance—he was so professional, talented, and SO FUN! We had a pretty complex venue to navigate with the different ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing areas, and he executed... Read More flawlessly. His music was perfect for every part of the evening, and he had every wedding guest dancing the night away! I had quite a few friends ask for Ben's information so they could recommend him to their fellow engaged friends, because he honestly provides the best entertainment any bride could ask for!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Meredith W

Wow, if you want your guests having the time of their lives on the dance floor, then you need to book with Ben. First off, his communication was so impressive. They were incredibly flexible and willing to accommodate our requests even last minute! We had Andy Inglat as the lead... Read More singer and he was phenomenal. Their sound is way better live than I ever could have imagined. We even had them play a Texas country song for our first dance and they nailed it. Having them play at our wedding was definitely a highlight and something I'd say was WELL worth the money.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Gina N

We could not have found a better band to have on our wedding day! Having great live music was a must for our day and I was so thankful to search to the ends to find Ben. He was so responsive, friendly and easy to coordinate with. We needed a strictly acoustic set up (per the... Read More venue) for ceremony, cocktail hour and dancing. Ben, guitar and hand drum was all we needed! It's hard to find a modern acoustic band that isn't bluegrass and Ben was incredible and reassured me playing acoustic wouldn't be a hurdle to worry about. He and his band members nailed the sound I envisioned for my event and we had endless compliments from guests. The highlight was ending the night playing/singing around the bonfire...*swoon*. I could go on forever about Ben and his band, but I promise you will not be disappointed if you book them for your day! Many thanks to them for sharing their talents and sharing our day (and a few after party drinks) with us. It was a pleasure to have you in Denver!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Andrew P

Ben was so laid back and easy to work with. He flew up to Seattle to perform at our wedding. They had their whole band set up outside where the dance floor was and halfway through the ceremony it started to rain. My wife and i had a moment of panic because we love dancing and... Read More that was the most important part of the ceremony for us. Ben and his team were quick on their feet and moved everything inside and within minutes created another dance floor. They saved our wedding night! He was so great at adapting and making the most of an unforeseen situation! The wedding turned out even better than we could have imagined. We highly recommend them if you love an energetic MC and a fun and engaging performer.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Megan Z

We hired Ben and his group for our Cinco de Mayo party based on his numerous videos I'd viewed and his willingness to accommodate not only our special music requests, but the number of band members I wanted as well. Absolutely loved!!! the entire 9 piece group and additional... Read More staff members. The 4 vocalists were incredible, the musicians outstanding​, and the percussionist added the perfect touch to complete the total package. Their entire performance far exceeded my expectations and surpassed any of their online videos I'd seen. Ben was so easy to work with and an incredibly charasmatic, electric performer with non-stop energy!! I've never had so many of my guests saying "Where did you find this group? They're Amazing!" I highly recommend Ben and his group. You won't be disappointed! Thanks Ben for making my party such a special event!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017

We could not have been happier with choosing Ben Mallare and his band. They performed for our wedding in Northern California. From the first communication, Ben was very responsive.. he will email you back in 5 minutes. Every time. We didn't get a chance to see the band live... Read More before the wedding so we were hoping for the best. And we were not disappointed! Our guests of all ages raved about the band and song selection. They even performed my personal request of "Africa" by Toto and sounded amazing. The dance floor was never empty unless the band was on a break! I hope to attend another wedding or function with these guys performing!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Kristine D

Ben and his band were absolutely incredible! He was very easy to work with, answered emails very promptly and made planning a destination wedding in Maui that much easier. His band completely rocked the dance floor and impressed all of my guests. Could not recommend him... Read More anymore!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Kathy E

Ben and his band really wowed!! The music was excellent - top notch musicians and vocals - but even beyond that, they really did a great job getting the entire crowd engaged and out onto the dance floor. Their energy was contagious and they had a great set list with seamless... Read More transitions that kept everyone dancing all night long. Ben was extremely professional and great to work with - I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Katie S

We had a WONDERFUL experience with this band! During the planning stage Ben was quick to respond to our questions and flexible about choosing songs we wanted for the first dance, etc. We went with the Andy Inglat Band and could not have been happier with Andy's performance style... Read More and professionalism. He even learned two new songs just for us that were a little off the beaten path. On our wedding day, the band looked sharp in stylish/classic suits and performed superbly. Andy's Sinatra singing was especially smooth. Their selection of contemporary songs, with some older tunes mixed in, was a lot of fun to dance to. The band really made our wedding come alive. Additionally, to the guests, the band members were professional, cheerful, and extremely accommodating. After a lot of research to find a great band, we found Ben Mallare's ensemble and couldn't be happier. These guys are the real deal!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Katie S

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Kim S

Best described as outstanding! I agree with the other reviewers here - stop your search, and book Ben Mallare - no joke! Booking the entertainment for our wedding was assigned to me, and let me tell you, I stressed and stressed and listened to and watched so so many youtube... Read More videos trying to pick the best wedding band for the price, and that was so much time wasted! I should have just paid attention to these reviews and stopped my search early with Ben, because they were amazing. Everyone loved them and their awesome variety of music! Ben learned a country song for our first dance, and it was beautiful. He also performed with his guitar player at our ceremony and the music brought tears - it was so touching and perfect. His natural stage presence was so impressive and the chemistry with his band seemed effortless. Besides the perfect selection of music, he was also so good about announcing things on time - first dance, cake cutting, etc. while also being flexible, which was so appreciated by me and my wedding coordinator! On top of all the incredible performance, he was incredibly attentive and responsive in communicating with me prior to the event, which I cannot thank him enough for! We even added a keys player just three weeks before the event, which was no problem for Ben - he just made it happen.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Austin F

We've had the pleasure of being on a dance floor with Ben Mallare performing twice now - once with a small band at a friend’s wedding and once at our own wedding with 7 members including horns and a female vocalist. We thought Ben handled the wedding of our good friends so well... Read More we didn't even have to think about it for our own wedding -- the choice was obvious. We had Ben's band learn our first dance song, "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities and it was amazing. We even had them learn and play a shortened 2 minute version to match our dance routine - they were happy to take an mp3 and work off of that. They played it first for just us and again near the end per our request so we could run through our first dance together and again with all of our friends on the dance floor. At our wedding we had to be careful as the mother of the bride had a hearing sensitivity and we communicated that to Ben during our very first phone call and he was immediately receptive. The band played quietly during dinner and checked on us and her parents throughout the meal. Everything went better than we could have ever expected and the stress of balancing an atmospheric party and the comfort of our guests evaporated. To summarize - dinner music was soft and quiet, conversation was easy and the atmosphere was wonderful. The first dance -- to a song they didn't know when we booked them -- went perfectly. We were able to hit every beat and the entire band nailed it. The dance floor afterwards was full and fun and everyone had a great time. We got so many compliments on the music throughout the night. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Austin F

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Shannon B

Thank you Ben Mallare Band for helping to make our wedding day so memorable! In addition to Ben's incredible musical talent, he is very professional, very nice and easy to work with. We spoke with Ben several times by phone to discuss details. We were planning a destination... Read More wedding and Ben was always very helpful and made himself available whenever we had questions. Ben and the band learned new songs that we requested which were key songs in our ceremony and they performed them perfectly. Not only did we love Ben Mallare, his talent did not go unnoticed by our guests. So many of our friends and family commented on how great our band was and how they loved the variety of music they played. I can't say enough about the Ben Mallare Band and how happy we are to have had them perform at our wedding. We highly recommend them - 5 stars!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Stephanie G

The Ben Mallare Band was absolutely amazing in every way! From our very first correspondence, Ben was always helpful, quick to respond, and answered any question. In addition to their amazing repertoire of music, Ben and his band were even able to learn up to 6 additional songs... Read More of our choice. They performed thoughout our entire wedding, from pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. They were fantastic throughout and we've received countless compliments on their music,performances, professionalism, and presence. They even allowed my brother to sing along with the band for our first dance and did all of our dj-ing. The Ben Mallare Band was one of the best decisions we made on our wedding and we would highly recommend them to anyone else- you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Jason T

Let me start by saying, stop your search and hire Ben Mallare and the band to perform for whatever special occasion you are going to celebrate. Here are the important things for us that are top of mind when determining an overall review. 1. Clear communication 2.... Read More Responsiveness 3. Organization 4. Adaptability 5. Music selection 6. Musical performance 7. Guest feedback Amidst the various things that we needed to plan and prepare for, determining the plans for music on our wedding day was never stressful. Ben was quick to respond to all of our questions and open thoughts. He had a clear stance on what he thought would be best to ensure an enjoyable musical performance. Ben and the band performed acoustically for our outdoor wedding due to the city’s noise restrictions. The initial concern of whether or not our guests were going to hear the acoustic music and vocals quickly dissipated. There were four primary areas of the outdoor venue where the band performed – the ceremony area, the cocktail area, the dinner area, and the dance floor area. The music selection list that Ben and the band can perform is extensive and it ranges several decades. Ben was absolutely willing and able to take requests for him and the band to learn. We requested a few specific songs, but we left the selection for all the other aspects of the wedding, i.e. cocktail hour, dinner, and dance time, in the capable hands of Ben. The musical performance was absolutely amazing and fitting. Ben and the band played the right music based on the mood and energy of our guests. Positive feedback from our guests began at dinner and didn’t stop for several days following our wedding day. Ben and the band truly added to the experience for us and our guests on our very special day. We can’t imagine the day without their amazing and enjoyable musical experience. HIRE THEM! Can’t say it enough… Thank you Ben, Lucas, Nick, and Will!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Ferguson P

After months of planning and agonizing over every detail of your wedding, the last thing you want is to hire a lackluster band to play for 3 hours. This was not the case with Ben and his band. They were incredible! Many of our guests were floored at how amazing they sounded.... Read More The icing on the cake (pun intended) to a monumental wedding day is a band such as this that keeps the joy flowing and the dancing going. Regarding Ben personally, I cannot praise him enough for his professionalism, energy, kindness, and patience. He was accommodating in how we wanted our first dance to go. He was unphased by an overenthusiastic flower girl. Request a song for him to sing and he can do it. Particular highlights of our requested songs were his renditions of "Like a Prayer" by Madonna and "Disappear" by INXS Your wedding will be complete if you have this band play.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Kat Q

When I first contacted Ben Mallare Entertainment I was hoping to get Ben as the lead singer. As the bride with a vision to get serenaded on her wedding and after I saw their videos on FB and Instagram, I told myself, we got to have them! We wanted their "Small but Mighty Trio"... Read More package. Ben was willing to work with our budget and politely referred a different singer for us. At first, I was really hesitant but after Ben shared some videos of Spencer I decided to book them. I didn't really know what to expect but I trusted my instinct. My then fiance was impressed so it was a plus! All I had was Ben as the contact leading up to the wedding and relaying to Spencer our song preferences. Fast forward to the wedding.... I was really blown away the moment I heard Spencer sing our processional songs. It was a very emotional moment for me and as I walked down the aisle, everything just seemed right! It made all the difference having the band play at the ceremony. All throughout the reception, the band played and accommodated our requests and more. We got a lot of compliments from our guests. I was really glad that we decided to have a live band instead of a DJ at our wedding. Spencer and the team were very professional. I made an effort to thank them personally because they were really that awesome. Spencer served as our emcee as well and even though we had some last minute changes, he was quick to his feet and was able to make things run smoothly for us. I highly recommend this band and you won't go wrong with either Spencer or Ben as your singer. Nothing but love for this band! THANK YOU guys!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Kimberly N

By now you've probably read all of Ben's reviews and you've seen that everyone who's ever worked with Ben has been absolutely blown away with his professionalism and overall talent. I chose to go with Ben Mallare after searching for months for the perfect wedding band, and like... Read More other brides have said: You can't go wrong with BEN! We hired Ben, and 3 other band members, to do our ceremony music, our cocktail hour and dance party reception. We chose a recessional song he'd never done before (Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True) and he absolutely killed it! My guests were blown away by the variety of songs the 4 piece band played during our reception. Ben kept the dance floor packed for the full 2.5 hours! Everyone was on the dance floor! Guests are still talking about Ben and his band to this day. I can't say enough good things about Ben. HIRE HIM!!!!

Ben

An Annapolis, Maryland native, Ben Mallare has provided live musical entertainment for hundreds of couples, families and companies since 2012. In 2014, Ben developed Ben Mallare Events & Entertainment into what it is today: a full-service private events entertainment agency with over 35 musicians performing 75 weddings and events each year. The company is a natural result of Ben's aptitude for musical performance combined with a deep love of personal service. Ben currently lives in Glendale, California and most looks forward to the new brides and grooms he'll get to meet in the coming year!