Hello!

North and Central, FL

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 3/09/2013 amy f

Ben Sasso is a truly talented person. I am always amazed at the work he produces. In addition to what you see on his website he is also awesome to work with. He puts you at complete ease helping you feel comfortable and super fabulous (this is coming from someone who is not... Read More super photogenic) the entire day. Working with Ben was an utter joy. The best part was however when we received our pictures after the wedding and were blown away at how well he captured all the perfect moments. There was a lot of squealing going on over that viewing. Overall you will not be disappointed in the service and the product that Ben offers.

2013-04-23T14:45:54 Response from the vendor

Ben Sasso rocks!

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 nichole P

Ben Sasso is awesome! He shows up on time and he is fun to work with. We did two photo sessions with him. One the day before the wedding for the bridesmaids and then again the day of the wedding. Both were extremely fun and relaxed for us. His pictures came out really beautiful!... Read More He is really good at getting back to you in a timely manner, which for me was a big deal. I was able to rely on him and that type of security is priceless. I am so glad that we worked with him. I would definitely recommend him!

2013-04-23T14:46:51 Response from the vendor

Modern meets Timeless Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Candace C

We love Ben and are so happy we chose him for our wedding photography! Both my husband and I run a fine line between being drawn towards timeless and progressive styles, and Ben hit it spot on. Our photos reflect our personalities instead of being overly posed and rigid. They... Read More show us in the moment, having fun, being incredibly happy and excited, and they really capture the energy of the day. Ben and his assistant, Veronica, had this perfect balance of being noticeably awesome to have around while also discretely capturing things that, with the overwhelming blur of the day, I probably would have forgotten or not even noticed at all. They captured the little things as well as the big moments, and they were both equally beautiful and artistically shot. Like most people I'm sure, there was some minor anxiety about the idea of "modeling" in front of a camera, but we felt so relaxed with Ben that it never felt that way. It was extremely organic and natural which put us completely at ease...like it was just the two of us on the happiest day of our lives. And if I do say so myself, we look pretty amazing because of it! We highly recommend Ben!

2012-11-13T12:32:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I had a blast working with you both and your wedding was gorgeous!

Ben is the Best!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Alicia s

We used Ben Sasso photography for our May 2012 wedding and could not be more pleased with the results!!! Ben and his assistant did an AMZAZING job of truly capturing the mood as well as the event. They were both friendly and professional and communication from beginning to end... Read More was never an issue. We barely knew our photographers were there but that did not mean that they missed a beat! Ben allowed us to dictate exactly what we wanted as far as portraits. We chose to keep that to a minimum and just let him do his thing. The results were beautiful and natural and this allowed us to enjoy the actual wedding rather than spending time taking a lot of staged shots. Because we chose to stick to mainly photo journalism, getting the pictures back was that much more exciting because they felt like such a surprise!! Again, we could not be happier that we went with Ben Sasso photography. My new husband and I just want to go through the photos again and again!!! Thanks Ben!!!!

2012-06-21T10:24:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding was so beautiful and you both were so easy to work with!

Be Different

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 Emily H

My fiance' has shot weddings as a photographer for years so choosing a photographer for OUR wedding was not an easy decision. We had looked for a photographer for several days and found a few that we really liked but still felt like even though their shots were amazing, they... Read More looked like the typical wedding shots. We wanted something different, something that would make our wedding stand out from others'. Ben's picture felt like our personalities, very go with the flow artsy style and capture along the way. Our wedding was incredibly surreal it was extreme sensory overload with the amount of friends and family there. When we got our photos back and saw the incredible art in Ben's photos, it literally was a magical moment for my husband and I to know we can now look back and remember almost every little detail to our day. My husband especially couldn't stop raving about them. If you want cut and dry boring photos hire someone else. But if you appreciate art and want to be assured that your day will be forever captured, go with Ben. Ban, thanks again so much. We wish we could explain how grateful we are for how you captured the best day of our lives..

2012-11-13T12:28:50 Response from the vendor

You both were so great to work with. Congratulations!

Photography

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Kate V

I have not received my photos at this time, but I wanted to write a review focaused on Ben's other abilities. He is extremely friendly and prefessional and a pleasure to work with. I am very excited to see the photos from my spring wedding!

2012-05-17T07:45:43 Response from the vendor

Thanks! They are on their way. I had a blast working with you guys!

Loved working with Ben

Reviewed on 4/29/2012 Pooja A

We chose Ben Sasso as the photographer for our French-Indian wedding in St Augustine. Ben is a cool guy who is easy to work with, very flexible. He took all the photos we could want during the events. Our wedding was spread over two-day (Friday and Saturday), which meant a LOT... Read More of pictures, especially as Veronica helped him as a second photographer (she is very good too). Soon after the wedding (a couple of weeks), we received a nice little box with amazing printed photos as well as digital photos on DVD's. As part of the package, we also received printed enlargements and books, which all look great. A lot of photos are available on Ben's website and you can judge for yourself if you like his style. We do like it, and are very happy with the final result. The price is very fair for the quality, so you really can't go wrong!

2013-04-23T14:47:19 Response from the vendor

You two are so awesome! Thank you for the review!

Made my wedding perfect

Reviewed on 4/26/2012 Kelly H

Ben Sasso was honestly the sweetest person I have ever met. My husband and I fell in love with him. Everyone in my family and guests of the wedding loved him. He stayed with us all day and we feel like he is part of the family. I received the pictures today and I was blown away.... Read More I love his work - he is creative and overall amazing. I would recommend him 150% -- he amazing work is exactly like his amazing personality. We adore him and his work!

2012-11-13T12:31:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you both so much! You were unbelievably wonderful to work with. Come back to St. Augustine soon!

Just what we were looking for

Reviewed on 4/16/2012 Abbi S

Ben was the only photographer we looked at for our recent wedding. My husband and I got married in St. Augustine, so we wanted a local who would know the area well to get some great photos downtown, and we wanted someone who had a low-key, natural approach. Ben was great:... Read More showed up early, stayed for 12 hours (!!), even met us at the beach after the wedding to take a few photos with sparklers at night. Within two weeks, he sent a disc of edited photos, along with a great website of all of our photos so our guests could order their own images. We're so happy with the moments he captured, and can't recommed his services enough!

2013-04-23T14:47:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!

Excellent!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2011 Lovella t

In choosing our wedding photographer we really wanted someone who was able to capture our spirit as a couple, and who would be a great fit to the laid back, joyful vibe to our wedding. We also wanted a fresh outlook and ethereal style to our pictures! Ben Sasso was our choice!!... Read More Ben captured all the intimate, joyful, and candid moments in our wedding that mattered most to us. He captured all the beautiful details of our venue and our ceremony so well. Ben's unobtrusive, laid-back style made us feel at ease throughout the day, and it truly made for outstanding photos. Ben truly captured the essence of who we were as a couple simply by genuinely being nice to us, and all our family and friends at the wedding. Thanks to Ben, we are able to relive our dream over and over again, and every time we look through our pictures we feel the joy and happiness of our day, and we can't help but smile all over again! We have Ben to thank for that! And we couldn't have picked a better photographer.

2012-11-13T12:31:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review. I hope you both are doing great!

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Katie W

We used Ben Sasso as our wedding photographer in May 2011 and could not have been happier with him. He is an extremely talented photographer and a very friendly, down-to-earth person. He is also extremely efficient -- we received all of our photos only two weeks after the... Read More wedding and our prints/books within days of requesting them. His pictures are worth every penny we paid for them. Hiring Ben was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and I would recommend him to anyone.

2012-05-17T07:46:20 Response from the vendor

Fresh Photography for the Modern Couple

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Jessica W

We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Ben Sasso to shoot our wedding. He was a perfect fit for our event - a small, casual wedding on the Florida coast. His approach is professional and relaxed and his photos are beautiful, memorable and natural. He communicated... Read More with us throughout the process and made it easy and stress-free for us. We also did an engagement session with Ben and he made it fun and effortless. I would recommend Ben to anyone who wants a modern, natural approach to their wedding photography from a talented top-notch professional. And as an excited newlywed, we didn't have to wait long to receive our proofs. The hard part was choosing the images we most wanted to be printed - they were all great!

2012-11-13T12:28:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

A fresh perspective to wedding photography!

Reviewed on 9/12/2011 Channi L

Ben is an excellent photographer! He is very personable and easy to work with. He took a variety of formal and candid shots that produced a wonderful blend of photos that told the fuller story of our wedding. Ben is wonderful, and I highly recommend him for your big day too!

2013-04-23T14:47:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks Channi!

awesome style!

Reviewed on 7/24/2011 Katherine H

I was over all very pleased with my wedding photos! I was, however, very nervous the day of. Prior to the wedding, we never actually met face to face or even really discussed in any detail what we were looking for. All I knew is that I had seen his photos and LOVED his... Read More style! I would definitely have some sort of photo checklist - We don't have any photos of just the bride, or just the groom. And there aren't as many of the two of is as we had thought there might be. Ben asked if there was any other poses we wanted after taking some, but in the heat of the moment you aren't thinking of those things and honestly, there are so many pictures being taken, you forget what he's actually taken... they NEED to be discussed before hand. I would definitely recommend the second shooter option. For only 200 extra, you get double the photos and all angles covered! Do it! The photos I have though are priceless! Friends comment on them saying that we look like we're in a fairy tale! Thanks!

Fun and professional

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Emily M

We absolutely loved working with Ben. From our very first meeting, he was professional but relaxed. He really put us at ease on our wedding day and had fun with us. I've never had more fun having my picture taken. He laughed right along with us when we would make silly faces. My... Read More husband and I don't really like posed shots and Ben caught a lot of really great candids. We got exactly what we wanted - great photos and lasting memories!

2013-04-23T14:48:14 Response from the vendor

Loved working with you both. Thank you so much!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Hilary S

Ben and his brother photographed our wedding last month, and they were SENSATIONAL. We blog-stalked dozens of wedding photographers in central Florida before deciding that Ben was *the one*. We fell in love with his style. His photos are so full of life and light and... Read More happiness...what better way to capture your wedding day? And he did not disappoint. We *LOVE* our photos. Couldn't be happier! And Ben was so discreet during the whole wedding. He was always on the sidelines (I hardly even noticed him all night!) but he captured images like he was in the middle of all the action. Seriously amazing.

2012-05-17T07:48:00 Response from the vendor

We Love Ben!

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Kristina Z

Ben and his brother did a fantastic job on our big day. We looked high and low for someone who really exhibited a photojournalistic style and his natural lighting and candid work were an exact match. They did a beautiful job of capturing each special moment in such a pure way... Read More and we LOVE that our day will be remembered through his photos.

2012-11-13T12:30:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks!

Just what we were looking for

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Reyna G

We really enjoyed having Ben at our wedding. Our package included having him there the entire day and he was there from 12 pm until we left the reception at 10:30 pm. He was really easy to work with and let us take a great deal of liberty with the photos. The pictures at the... Read More reception were our favorite by far. He really did a great job of capturing the essence of some really special moments (first dance, father/daugther, mother/son, etc.) We would definitelly recommend Ben to any couples who are looking for uninque photos of their "big day" that will last a lifetime.

Dissapointed

Reviewed on 7/02/2010 Lindsey S

While Ben takes great pictures, I really wish I would've done more research for a photographer with more experience in weddings. Ben did get some great pictures but was not very sociable or friendly with our guests; it felt like he was shooting our wedding simply because we paid... Read More him-not because photography is what he loves to do. I had contacted him before the wedding because I had a list of poses and people I wanted in our pictures. He assured me he knew all of the typical wedding pictures and details that he'd need to take... He had 3 poses for my husband and I to be in and 1 pose for us and the wedding party. After he took those poses he asked if there were any in particular I wanted. We had him take some others of us but obviously not enough. Let just say we were done in ten minutes and had to ask the caterer if we could even introduce the wedding party because the food was not ready. There is only one picture of my dress hanging, one picture of my shoes, and one of my flowers. He got one picture of the rings on our fingers, none on the ring pillow and only one of our centerpieces; I have ZERO posed full length pictures of just me in my dress. We were also supposed to receive a disc with all of our edited images...when we got the disc we noticed there were only 480 total prints. Any wedding I have been in or been to have had two to three times as many pictures. I am only hoping he actually gave us all that he had, which in reality is not very many for two photographers! His editing and retouching included in the contract is extremely limited- I had to ask to have some things fixed for our book and our prints and I am still catching things to this day. It was obvious he didn't want to put much time into our pictures because the disc was burned the day after our wedding. I know this because I received it two days later, and my honeymoon did not take place till four weeks after my wedding. Overall, Ben does take good pictures but when it's all over, the pictures are all you have left. Unfortunately for us, there are many moments from our wedding that were not captured.

great unique style

Reviewed on 5/22/2010 audrey r

Probably one of our favorite wedding vendors, Ben was super laid back, personable, and above all - talented! I could not have asked for more beautiful pictures of my wedding day. His work definitely stands out amongst other local wedding photographers, and we were so impressed... Read More with his use of natural lighting. Definitely an A+

2013-04-23T14:48:39 Response from the vendor