Lingerie, Fashion

1120 Main St, Branford, CT (203) 433-2023

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 William & Michele B

I got my wedding dressed altered here and it was the best decision I could have made. Josie is INCREDIBLE. You will never find someone who is as detailed oriented and as dedicated to making you happy in your dress as she is. She is one of a kind and my dress came out PERFECT. I... Read More also got a beautiful bra here that she helped fit for me and I love it. The store is lovely.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Michelle B

Josie and Heidi are amazing! At the suggestion of my seamstress (Alterations by Michelle in Branford, who is also amazing!), I visited Beneath the Gown with my dress. Even though I was completely panicked that I couldn't get the bodice of my gown to look quite right, they... Read More calmed me immediately. They provided me with many options, and were able to find (and customize for me) the perfect corset that made my dress look amazing! I also recommended them to a few of my bridesmaids, and they were both happy with their experiences as well. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Rachael E

This place saved my wedding look! I am an average-sized woman that is well-endowed, and had insisted on wearing a wedding gown with straps for this reason. However, I had not realized how low the back was until the correct size came in. I went to Zoe's in Westerly (where I... Read More travel to buy my regular bras and are a specialty shop) and was basically told I couldn't wear a bra with the dress, sold some overpriced sticky things that didn't do much, and was just very disappointed and worried. I loved my dress but cannot go without a bra! A coworker sent me to Beneath the Gown and they had no issue figuring it out! They tried several options until we found a low line bra that felt good and worked under the dress (mostly) then altered it in the back and cups to make sure it didn't peek through or show anywhere. It was a bit costly but it was a completely customized undergarment and it made a HUGE difference in how my dress fit and looked. Most of all I felt 100% comfortable and confident on my wedding day which was priceless! The ladies there were very sweet and understanding.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jill P

After finding my perfect gown, I had to find the perfect undergarments to complement it. Beneath the Gown was the perfect boutique to help me do so. I was a little uncomfortable at first but Josie made me feel at ease with her gentle, polite approach to helping me. We were... Read More able to pick out all of the right pieces and have them custom-altered to fit my body and gown. I never thought about these details in my planning and after a night of tug-free dancing, I was so delighted that I went to Beneath the Gown to select the perfect undergarment pieces.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Ariana P

Beneath the Gown saved me from what was almost certainly a bridesmaid dress disaster. I couldn't find anything that would support my bust and wouldn't show through my dress. Heidi and Josie gave me a range of bras and corsets to try on, offered tailoring services, and saved the... Read More day. I will DEFINITELY go back for more bras and whenever I need undergarments for an event. I wish I'd known about them when I was a bride! At least, now I'm one well-dressed bridesmaid :)

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Kelly K

Josie was truly my life-saver! I lost about 20 lbs between trying on my gown and getting to the fitting phase. The result: it was much too large. I actually wasn't even sure if I LIKED my dress anymore. My tailor told me to make sure I got proper undergarments before coming to... Read More him, and recommended Josie. Not only did she not bat an eye at my latex allergy (in other words, NO ELASTIC), she found the perfect longline bra for me, sewed in cups, altered it, AND suggested I make a change to the neckline of my dress that made me fall in love with it again! She is sweet, kind, responsive, and quite funny. I highly recommend you visit her for bridal (or any) undergarments.