Benjamin T Warner DJ & Musician

Serving Asheville, NC and Kansas City, MO

DJ and Live Acoustic Entertainment

Whether he’s strumming a classical guitar during an elegant cocktail party or spinning funky dance hits at a wedding, professional musician, emcee and award-winning DJ Benjamin T. Warner knows how to get the festivities swinging. Ben is a full-time, award-winning DJ, delivering a lively blend of music, professional lights and quality sound that will get even the least enthusiastic dancers on their feet. As a classically-trained musician, he can also perform vocals, guitar, cello, bass, banjo and ukulele. Versatile, easy to work with and attentive to detail, Ben ensures that his clients’ most important celebrations become treasured memories. To learn how Ben can help you bring your unique vision to your special event, visit www.benjamintwarner.com.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Celtic, Flamenco, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

21 N Market St, Asheville, NC Serving Asheville, NC and Kansas City, MO (913) 223-1187

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Kat L

Ben DJ'ed our October 3 2015 barn wedding. All around, he did a fantastic job, and if I ever need a DJ for anything again, I WILL be hiring Ben. He also played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, and let's just say I don't know how much longer Ben will be DJ-ing because he's got... Read More some amazing skills there too! His setup was really cool--he brought a ton of lights (up lighting, dance lights, etc.) that really set a fun mood for the night. He's completely hands-on, even for things that have nothing to do with DJ-ing. My Maid of Honor's chair broke when she sat down (and Katy is tiny, so I still have no idea how that happened); Ben saw from across the room and was immediately there to help her up AND grab a new chair for her!! We had a few other minor snags throughout the evening; Ben was right there all the way. I'd describe him as a DJ/Day-Of-Wedding Coordinator. His music was perfect for the evening. Our family and friends aren't much for dancing, so Ben had a really tall order in front of him, especially when we added distracting activities like a giant bonfire. He played excellent music, and was "in it" for the entire night--even breaking out dance moves of his own to keep us moving! His emcee-ing skills also can't be beat. He's got a fun, non-cheesy way of guiding guests through the evening. My entire family has decided they love Ben, and will be hiring him if they ever need a DJ. I received complements from friends and family all night about how awesome Ben is! So please, for the sake of your event, HIRE BEN.

2016-06-18T13:56:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review Kat. You and Dylan's wedding was beautiful and fun. I still use the candles that you all gave me. They helped during the recent storm power outage! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Ben played acoustic guitar before our daughter's wedding, providing lovely background music for guests as they waited for the ceremony to begin. My daughter requested special songs for her processional and recessional, and Ben had perfect timing starting and ending them. He... Read More provides all his own equipment, and has the perfect setup for indoor and outdoor weddings, including lighting that enhanced the reception atmosphere. My daughter had provided a schedule of events to Ben for the reception, and Ben did a great job as MC, keeping everything on schedule. He played a huge role in making my daughter's wedding and reception magical and memorable.

2016-06-18T13:57:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to write this Jan. I appreciate it.

What an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Jana G

Ben Warner DJ'd our wedding and it was stupendous. As most weddings go, there was quite a lot going on in the weeks leading up to the big day. Ben had a general idea of some songs we wanted to play but just used his creative license to run the rest of the show without hardly any... Read More oversight. It was a total hit! The music selection was right on point and totally catered to the crowd and scene. He was great with the kids too! Ben had a pro set up but a much more reasonable price than other people we looked at. He had some outside speakers for music we played at the ceremony and also had a separate setup for the reception music. Very convenient! He also had a hand drum set up as well as an acoustic guitar he played in the background at certain times... If you're looking for someone to take the hassle out of the music selection and coordination for the most important day of your life, choose this DJ.

2016-06-18T13:59:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks Aaron! Your song you played during the ceremony is still the best groom performance I have ever heard!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Sarah D

Ben was our DJ for our wedding reception May 6th and did a fantastic job! He was great to work with and played a nice variety of music all night to keep our guests dancing. He brought a bongo and was kind enough to let some of my friends play, even showing them tips on how to... Read More play the bongo!! I would recommend him for any events where a DJ is needed!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Erin E

Benjamin and Michael absolutely made our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with them. They played acoustic music for the ceremony and were super accommodating, learning several new songs for us with very short notice. Inside the reception, they kept people dancing and... Read More having a great time! They had a unique way of incorporating instruments even into the recorded music and it was really cool! Benjamin helped keep things moving appropriately and would come remind me when it was time to move on to the next activity. Overall, he made the reception fun and we got tons of compliments on them. He also made my day as stress-free as possible, which is invaluable on your wedding day! Couldn't have asked for a better experience and we are so glad we hired them!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Johanna H

Ben and Michael were my favorite from the start. Once we met them and heard them play for us, we booked them right away. They did everything I needed during the planning and answered all my questions. The day off the wedding they were amazing. Everyone loved the acoustic part of... Read More the ceremony and dinner, as well DJing. Ben did an AMAZING job on getting the crowd to party the whole night.

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Nicole R

Benjamin and Michael performed at our December 2016 wedding and they were incredible! My husband and I wanted a dj duo that was able to perform during our ceremony as well as provide music for our reception. Benjamin and Michael were the dream team, so to speak. SO fun and... Read More different without being the typical, cheesy DJ. At our initial meeting, Ben and Michael brought their instruments with them and played for us so that we were able to get a feel of their musical talents. They also provided us an extensive list of songs that they already knew how to play acoustically, however they were open to learning anything that we wanted them to play during our ceremony... AND THEY DID! What was so comforting about these two was that they really take your musical tastes/styles and they run with it. They made our playlist especially for us and they help to make everyone feel comfortable and ready to party! I highly, HIGHLY recommend Ben and Michael to everyone.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Lindsay H

Benjamin and Michael played at our wedding - acoustic and DJ - and we had SO many compliments on them. They were wonderful to work with SO very accommodating to our needs (even some that were kind of off the wall) and were so kind. We loved them and would hands down recommend... Read More them for your event. They even had my 80 year old grandparents and dad who never dances up and dancing! Such a great experience working with them (Thanks again Benjamin and Michael!!)

2017-02-12T11:08:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for booking us Lindsay! It was an honor to handle the music for you and Miken's wedding. I am glad your lighting sparkle thing worked out like you hoped. Have a great marriage!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Ashlyn J

Benjamin & Michael played acoustic music for our ceremony and it was absolutely phenomenal! There was a song I really wanted them to play during our ceremony that they had not heard of before and they learned it & did just that, absolutely nailed it!! We didn't have them at our... Read More rehearsal & I was extremely nervous about that, but once it came down to the ceremony we clearly didn't need it--they are expertise in what they do & it's very clear! We also had Benjamin & Michael for our reception. They really kept the night going as they were the Master of Ceremonies, kept the dance floor live, and truly just played songs that the audience wanted to hear! Benjamin & Michael both got on the dance floor and even danced with me as the night progressed--so fun! Michael also surprised us! We thought that it would be strictly pre-recorded music during the reception, however Michael was ad libbing to the songs being played with his violin, which truly added an extra touch to our day & our family and friends LOVED it! My husband & I can't thank Benjamin & Michael enough for playing a HUGE part on our wedding day. We couldn't have chose a more perfect duo! We would recommend them in a heartbeat!

2017-02-09T11:27:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashlyn! You have incredible energy and YOU were the biggest reason the dance party was so fun. Thanks for reviewing us. I wish you and Travis a marriage as wonderful as your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jennifer D

Ben and Michael performed for our wedding on October 22nd, and absolutely made our reception fantastic! Ben was easy to work with in preparing for the wedding, I didn't have to worry at all about the music for the reception. They played an acoustic set during our dinner... Read More service (which people raved about), and then transitioned perfectly into the dance party after everyone was done eating. I can honestly say that the dance floor was not empty for a single minute the entire night. I highly recommend Benjamin Warner for any DJ service!

2017-02-09T11:29:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenny! I will never forget how you and your friends requested Mariah Carey's - All I Want for Christmas is You, and then sang along with enthusiasm to every word. In OCTOBER. I was not ready. Such a fun group of people. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 David E

Ben DJ-ed our wedding this summer, and we were really impressed with his flexibility and ability to go with the flow. We had an Orthodox Jewish wedding, and Ben did a great combo of Jewish and popular music. Although I would have preferred a bit more communication before the... Read More event, the day of our wedding Ben was very responsive to some last minute music requests, even pulling music from the Internet to please our guests and accompanying with guitar and drums as we sang traditional Jewish songs after the reception. Most of all, we were happy that Ben seemed to be enjoying the wedding just as much as us and our guests. HE was definitely our most friendly, pleasant vendor!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jesse C

We could not have been more pleased with the service Ben and Michael provided for us. When we started our journey with them it was over a year in advance and Ben kept in touch with us the entire time making sure every aspect of our ceremony and reception were covered. My husband... Read More and I had only one request of our DJ and that was to have our 13 year old niece accompany them with her cello in my entrance music. They were more than welcoming, writing her music and practicing with her to make sure she was prepared. We received so many compliments and they were very easy to work with. We would gladly recommend them to anyone seeking a DJ for their event.

2017-02-09T11:31:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jon and Jessi! Your niece is talented on the cello and it was great to incorporate her into the ceremony. I also remember you all rocking out to Five Finger Death Punch at the reception! Not the usual wedding music! Loved it.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jenna F

Ben did an acoustic ceremony and DJ'ed our reception for our wedding on October 1, 2016. Ben did a FANTASTIC job with the music, everything he picked was absolutely amazing! He was my favorite of our vendors. He made sure that my husband and I were taken care of. He did a great... Read More job with making announcements. He even came out and danced and had a good time with us. I wish I had another event that I could hire him for. He also did a beautiful job with our acoustic ceremony music. I cannot say enough about how perfect of a job he did. BEST DJ AND VERY AFFORDABLE!

2017-02-09T11:33:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenna! You and Fabian are such a thoughtful and positive couple. You clearly cared for all your guests very much. It was a pleasure handling the music for your wedding. Thanks for booking us!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lindsey S

Ben was great! I had him play acoustic music for my ceremony and first part of professional and everyone loved it! The guitar and violin mix was very romantic. Ben was also so fun as a DJ, I requested a new song and he had it playing in matter of minutes. He also got out on the... Read More dance floor with guests and brougt out a drum to add additional flare to the music! Guests loved it.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Casey G

Ben & Michael started our wedding with acoustic guitar and violin, all I can say is... AMAZING!! As soon as I heard them play I started to tear up. They set such a beautiful tone for our ceremony. Ben then switched hats and DJ'd our reception. He got people up and on the dance... Read More floor all while playing the songs we requested. Both Ben and Michael are such warm, inviting and genuinely nice people. If I ever need a DJ there is no question that he will be my first call!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Ashley W

I had Benjamin and Michael as my music for my wedding on 9/17/16 and they were absolutely amazing. They played acoustic guitar and violin for the first part of the reception then switched to usual DJ music from then on. So many guests came up to me saying how much they loved... Read More the music, it was beautiful! Once it was time to dance, Benjamin occasionally joined us on the dance floor and we all had a blast. I cannot recommend both him and Michael enough. They were one of the best parts of my wedding!

2016-09-29T17:46:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley! Thanks for booking us, thanks for being so cool to work with, and thanks for writing this review so other couple might book us as well. I hope you and Blake have a fun and forever long marriage. I also hope he... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Alisha R

As a planner a DJ can make or break your wedding and Ben definitely helped make this event. He is truly one of a kind, who not only is a talented DJ, but an extremely talented musician. He played Cello for the Ceremony, and incorporated live instruments such as guitar, drums,... Read More and violin into the reception. When we did the bride and groom send off, he led the entire reception party guests out the door in a line leading them with a drum. The guests loved it! Definite memories were made for both the bride and groom and their guests!

2016-09-29T17:47:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Alisha! You are a great wedding coordinator and were a blast to work with. Thanks for sharing this review and complimenting my musicality!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 John D

We are so glad we booked Ben and Mike for our wedding! We knew immediately after meeting them that they would be a perfect fit, and they were! Everyone had a great time and the dance floor stayed packed all night. Ben took our preferences very seriously and didn't play anything... Read More we didn't want at the reception. They're acoustic music during dinner was fantastic- so many of our guests loved having the live music. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fun, laid-back DJ!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Danielle M

Ben was an absolute pleasure to work with. He and Mike are so talented and definitely wowed our guests. Having found someone that could play beautiful ceremony music and also run our reception was such a blessing! It really helped ease my mind, because Ben was such a true... Read More professional from the beginning. He communicated with me regularly, and certainly seemed to understand our intended vibe for the evening. Not only was planning/coordinating with Ben a breeze, but I'm BEYOND happy with how our entire day went, and he was a big part of that. I honestly wish I'd been able to be a fly on the wall to hear more of the pre-ceremony music, but our guests gave me glowing reviews. I felt like all of our guests were up and enjoying every minute of the reception, too. And not just at the bar. So many guests danced the night away! We felt you really protected the integrity of the party we were looking for, while also being accommodating to our last-minute requests. He kept things moving without a hitch. I would highly recommend working with Benjamin T Warner Acoustic DJ, and know I will be sure to again for any future similar needs.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Mike and Ben were so great, we hired them for our June 5, 2016 wedding. They were not shy about playing and when we had our initial meeting with them at Starbucks, with manager permission they showcased a few songs for us. I also was invited to one of their public music gigs... Read More and got the chance to listen to them showcase the Beatles, which I loved. It is obvious that they both love what they are doing, the communication I had with them months before the wedding was great. I met my fiance in orchestra and i wanted to have a feel of that included in the wedding. Luckily for me, I noticed them on a wedding Facebook page. They learned a few acoustic songs (guitar with a 5 string violin) per my request and filled the rest with a few appropriate Beatles tunes. They played music at the right times of the wedding and resolved songs just in time, such as me reaching the end of the aisle. It is clear these guys are in sync with each other when playing. Ben and Mike had the whole sound set up for the outside ceremony and included a recording of the ceremony to me at no extra cost. This was so special to me as I have no video, only pictures. Also, all my guests could hear our ceremony which made it that more intimate. They had a wonderful set up with their DJ booth, lighting included. They helped move things along with announcements and very tactfully offered advice on what order to proceed. The guests loved them and even my music teacher friend was amazed. :) I had stressed out about a music playlist as I never really got around to it but I relied on their judgement of how people were reacting and it was perfect. They did play the few I requested and the father daughter and son mother dance went on perfectly. I highly recommend Ben and Mike for any event, they are very involved in what they do and their passion for music shows. They are certainly worth the investment in any event. I am so fortunate to have made them as friends.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Lindsey H

We seriously felt like we hit the jackpot when we discovered Benjamin. We wanted a DJ that was not the stereotypical DJ, but that really understood the music we liked. We definitely felt like Benjamin understood what type of music we liked, and he was great to work with. One of... Read More the most amazing parts of our day was listening to Benjamin and his partner play live music as we were taking pictures, guests were arriving, and during our ceremony. It set such an amazing mood for the day. To make it even better, his prices were amazing. Thank you for our wonderful day!

2016-06-18T13:59:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lindsey! You and Dalton looked so happy together. I wish you well. It was an honor to be trusted with the music.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Rachel P

Benjamin and Michael are simply the best. They played lovely acoustic music for our ceremony then DJed the reception. They knew the timing of all important things before I did and when things weren't going according to schedule the just rolled with it. They were up for anything... Read More including a last minute accompaniment. They were fantastic.

2016-06-18T14:00:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks Rachel! You and Eddy were a blast. Thanks for including us in the magic.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Ally C

Wow, I cannot say enough about how thrilled my husband and I are to have found Ben. Throughout the process, he was quick to respond to my emails and questions. He and Mike played beautifully during our ceremony; it set the perfect mood for the day! During our reception, Ben... Read More constantly made sure that we knew what was coming next in terms of the order of events and played the perfect mix of music to get everyone on the dance floor. The best part was when he played the bongos to accompany some of the music! We are so happy that Ben dj'd our wedding!

2016-06-18T14:01:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ally! We looked forward to you and Danny's wedding for a long time. It was beautiful for sure. Thanks for posting this!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Ben and Michael were phenomenal. They were very laid back, while simultaneously providing great direction and guidance both during the planning process and during the ceremony & reception. They played beautiful music during the ceremony and then managed to keep people dancing... Read More all night long on the dance floor with their JAMS. Book them, you won't regret it.

2016-06-18T14:02:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You made great requests that I still save for future parties!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Angie P

Ben and Mike were GREAT. They did their best getting to our venue when we were notified last minute that the only road to/ from our venue would be blocked for several hours. In all our meetings with Ben + Mike, they made it feel like they would make our wedding go smoothly and... Read More help make it "ours" and one of a kind. They were great during our ceremony and the reception. They played great instrumental pieces and a surprise acoustic version of our first dance song (and the Jurassic Park theme - loved loved it! ) They made our reception portion of the evening SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, we've gotten so many compliments about how fun the night was. Ben + Mike were a huge piece of that success. Thank you guys!

2016-06-18T14:04:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brad and Angie! We still brag about the quirky fun song choices that you had! It was fun playing the music that represented you two.

Benjamin Warner