Benjamin T Warner DJ & Musician

Serving Asheville, NC and Kansas City, MO

DJ and Live Acoustic Entertainment

Whether he’s strumming a classical guitar during an elegant cocktail party or spinning funky dance hits at a wedding, professional musician, emcee and award-winning DJ Benjamin T. Warner knows how to get the festivities swinging. Ben is a full-time, award-winning DJ, delivering a lively blend of music, professional lights and quality sound that will get even the least enthusiastic dancers on their feet. As a classically-trained musician, he can also perform vocals, guitar, cello, bass, banjo and ukulele. Versatile, easy to work with and attentive to detail, Ben ensures that his clients’ most important celebrations become treasured memories. To learn how Ben can help you bring your unique vision to your special event, visit www.benjamintwarner.com.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Celtic, Flamenco, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

21 N Market St, Asheville, NC Serving Asheville, NC and Kansas City, MO (913) 223-1187

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Kat L

Ben DJ'ed our October 3 2015 barn wedding. All around, he did a fantastic job, and if I ever need a DJ for anything again, I WILL be hiring Ben. He also played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, and let's just say I don't know how much longer Ben will be DJ-ing because he's got... Read More some amazing skills there too! His setup was really cool--he brought a ton of lights (up lighting, dance lights, etc.) that really set a fun mood for the night. He's completely hands-on, even for things that have nothing to do with DJ-ing. My Maid of Honor's chair broke when she sat down (and Katy is tiny, so I still have no idea how that happened); Ben saw from across the room and was immediately there to help her up AND grab a new chair for her!! We had a few other minor snags throughout the evening; Ben was right there all the way. I'd describe him as a DJ/Day-Of-Wedding Coordinator. His music was perfect for the evening. Our family and friends aren't much for dancing, so Ben had a really tall order in front of him, especially when we added distracting activities like a giant bonfire. He played excellent music, and was "in it" for the entire night--even breaking out dance moves of his own to keep us moving! His emcee-ing skills also can't be beat. He's got a fun, non-cheesy way of guiding guests through the evening. My entire family has decided they love Ben, and will be hiring him if they ever need a DJ. I received complements from friends and family all night about how awesome Ben is! So please, for the sake of your event, HIRE BEN.

2016-06-18T13:56:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review Kat. You and Dylan's wedding was beautiful and fun. I still use the candles that you all gave me. They helped during the recent storm power outage! Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Ben played acoustic guitar before our daughter's wedding, providing lovely background music for guests as they waited for the ceremony to begin. My daughter requested special songs for her processional and recessional, and Ben had perfect timing starting and ending them. He... Read More provides all his own equipment, and has the perfect setup for indoor and outdoor weddings, including lighting that enhanced the reception atmosphere. My daughter had provided a schedule of events to Ben for the reception, and Ben did a great job as MC, keeping everything on schedule. He played a huge role in making my daughter's wedding and reception magical and memorable.

2016-06-18T13:57:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to write this Jan. I appreciate it.

What an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Jana G

Ben Warner DJ'd our wedding and it was stupendous. As most weddings go, there was quite a lot going on in the weeks leading up to the big day. Ben had a general idea of some songs we wanted to play but just used his creative license to run the rest of the show without hardly any... Read More oversight. It was a total hit! The music selection was right on point and totally catered to the crowd and scene. He was great with the kids too! Ben had a pro set up but a much more reasonable price than other people we looked at. He had some outside speakers for music we played at the ceremony and also had a separate setup for the reception music. Very convenient! He also had a hand drum set up as well as an acoustic guitar he played in the background at certain times... If you're looking for someone to take the hassle out of the music selection and coordination for the most important day of your life, choose this DJ.

2016-06-18T13:59:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks Aaron! Your song you played during the ceremony is still the best groom performance I have ever heard!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Aimee W

Ben truly surpassed our expectations as our DJ for our wedding on 6 Oct, 2017 in Weston, MO. Not only did he DJ for the reception, but he was our MC for the night, played cello with Michael playing the violin for our ceremony and during dinner (absolutely beautiful!!), brought... Read More lights to really set the mood on the dance floor, and had speakers set up and music playing for our cocktail hour. He made everything go so smoothly to help make it the best day ever for us! If you need a DJ - Ben is your guy.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Gabbie F

Ben was a fantastic dj. He was very helpful during the planning period. He helped make our day special. Not only did he help keep the pace of the event but he even performed our wedding song for us during our first dance. You won’t find a better dj or more talented musician!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Michael S

Ben was without a doubt the best DJ in the KC area, he performed during our wedding ceremony (on his awesome 7 string classical guitar) and was willing to learn any song we wanted, however anytime we brought up one he already knew it. We met him at a coffee shop to interview him... Read More for the gig and we had random strangers joining in on the songs and knew it was meant to be. He also did the DJing for the reception and he is just awesome, totally charismatic and right on cue with everything - it could not have been better. We had an outdoor wedding in 100+ degree heat and near 100% humidity and he toughed it out and made it enjoyable for all our guests. He provides all his own equipment, all you have to do it hire him and let him know your plans for the day and he will even work with you and give you feedback and ideas on what usually works and what doesn't. After working with Ben we would not only hire him again in the future, but we became friends in the process. He is really the best out there. No contest at all.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Thoeun B

Ben was an awesome DJ. He went out of his way to obtain my song selection and list for the ceremony. He also played the Cambodian music and traditions that I wanted to incorporate into our ceremony and reception. We enjoyed dancing to his acoustic version of Jack Johnson's I got... Read More you. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Matthew R

We hired Ben as DJ for our wedding in Savannah and he did a spectacular job. He assisted with much of the pre-wedding planning, played acoustic music during the ceremony and was a great emcee during our reception. I can't recommend him enough, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 christie j

Ben dj’d an end of season golf event at our country club on September 22, 2017. He was so unique and different from your typical Dj. He was on time, professional, easy to work with and went above and beyond to ensure our event was a success. I will for sure hire Ben for future... Read More events.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Sarah W

Words might not be enough for how awesome Ben made our special day! Not only does he make your reception the time of your life but his acoustic guitar paired with his accomplish Michael's violin is breath taking. They even went to the trouble to learn new songs for our ceremony.... Read More Ben is very easy to work with and can create any kind of atmosphere you are looking for. My favorite part about working with Ben, is we both now share an awesome love for a pretty great artist Cody Johnson. If you need a DJ look for further this is your guy!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Justin F

Ben Warner was DJ/host/facilitator for my and my wife’s wedding in Savannah, GA. Ben was very organized and enthusiastic, which are essential qualities for a vendor working with you on your special day. He always listened to what we wanted, and had great suggestions as a... Read More long-time professional of weddings that we wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. I recommend his lights! With just a couple of phone calls and emails everything was planned and carried out perfectly. During the event, Ben DJ’d music and also played live music and sang a song. He is a talented musician and host/DJ, a great combo! I would certainly recommend Ben Warner. If you need a professional, kind, and informative person for a service on your wedding day, he is your man.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Karah B

Ben did an awesome job and definitely surpassed our expectations! He was our MC, acoustic music, and party music provider and really is the whole package!! He provided an acoustic music duo with violin, cello, and guitar during cocktail hour and dinner which was perfect. After... Read More dinner he transitioned into party music that we requested. He really made our reception and knew how to get our guest on the dance floor and stay on the dance floor. The grand entrance was perfect! If you are looking for an amazing DJ, book Ben!! And book his violin partner as well, it was all AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kerrie B

When we first started planning our wedding, we weren't sure if we wanted a DJ. I'm so happy we decided to hire Benjamin. We had beautiful live guitar and violin music at our ceremony and during dinner. It was exactly what we were looking for! The reception music choices kept the... Read More party going and we didn't have to worry about a thing! He had things on under control and well timed. It was a stress-free, fun-filled night thanks in part to Benjamin. :)

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Lauren O

Ben and Michael were such a pleasure to have play at our wedding. The first time I met them in person they played for my fiance and I at a coffee shop and I was sold! I think I told them yes even before verifying with my fiance. Good thing he was okay with it :) We had them... Read More play guitar and violin during our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. They were so incredibly flexible during the planning process. We had planned for my sister-in-law to sing during the wedding and then had our pianist cancel last minute. They were more than willing to accompany her for the song and it sounded beautiful! They also played during our cocktail hour and dinner and it created the perfect atmosphere. Ben also DJ'd for us during the evening! I have never danced so much in my life and the dance floor was full the entire time! I had so much fun and my family/friends were having a fantastic time as well. I am so happy we chose Ben and Michael! I couldn't have imagined anyone better than them! They are incredibly talented and are great people to work with! I HIGHLY recommend them!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Sarah D

Ben was our DJ for our wedding reception May 6th and did a fantastic job! He was great to work with and played a nice variety of music all night to keep our guests dancing. He brought a bongo and was kind enough to let some of my friends play, even showing them tips on how to... Read More play the bongo!! I would recommend him for any events where a DJ is needed!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Erin E

Benjamin and Michael absolutely made our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with them. They played acoustic music for the ceremony and were super accommodating, learning several new songs for us with very short notice. Inside the reception, they kept people dancing and... Read More having a great time! They had a unique way of incorporating instruments even into the recorded music and it was really cool! Benjamin helped keep things moving appropriately and would come remind me when it was time to move on to the next activity. Overall, he made the reception fun and we got tons of compliments on them. He also made my day as stress-free as possible, which is invaluable on your wedding day! Couldn't have asked for a better experience and we are so glad we hired them!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Johanna H

Ben and Michael were my favorite from the start. Once we met them and heard them play for us, we booked them right away. They did everything I needed during the planning and answered all my questions. The day off the wedding they were amazing. Everyone loved the acoustic part of... Read More the ceremony and dinner, as well DJing. Ben did an AMAZING job on getting the crowd to party the whole night.

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Nicole R

Benjamin and Michael performed at our December 2016 wedding and they were incredible! My husband and I wanted a dj duo that was able to perform during our ceremony as well as provide music for our reception. Benjamin and Michael were the dream team, so to speak. SO fun and... Read More different without being the typical, cheesy DJ. At our initial meeting, Ben and Michael brought their instruments with them and played for us so that we were able to get a feel of their musical talents. They also provided us an extensive list of songs that they already knew how to play acoustically, however they were open to learning anything that we wanted them to play during our ceremony... AND THEY DID! What was so comforting about these two was that they really take your musical tastes/styles and they run with it. They made our playlist especially for us and they help to make everyone feel comfortable and ready to party! I highly, HIGHLY recommend Ben and Michael to everyone.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Lindsay H

Benjamin and Michael played at our wedding - acoustic and DJ - and we had SO many compliments on them. They were wonderful to work with SO very accommodating to our needs (even some that were kind of off the wall) and were so kind. We loved them and would hands down recommend... Read More them for your event. They even had my 80 year old grandparents and dad who never dances up and dancing! Such a great experience working with them (Thanks again Benjamin and Michael!!)

2017-02-12T11:08:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for booking us Lindsay! It was an honor to handle the music for you and Miken's wedding. I am glad your lighting sparkle thing worked out like you hoped. Have a great marriage!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Ashlyn J

Benjamin & Michael played acoustic music for our ceremony and it was absolutely phenomenal! There was a song I really wanted them to play during our ceremony that they had not heard of before and they learned it & did just that, absolutely nailed it!! We didn't have them at our... Read More rehearsal & I was extremely nervous about that, but once it came down to the ceremony we clearly didn't need it--they are expertise in what they do & it's very clear! We also had Benjamin & Michael for our reception. They really kept the night going as they were the Master of Ceremonies, kept the dance floor live, and truly just played songs that the audience wanted to hear! Benjamin & Michael both got on the dance floor and even danced with me as the night progressed--so fun! Michael also surprised us! We thought that it would be strictly pre-recorded music during the reception, however Michael was ad libbing to the songs being played with his violin, which truly added an extra touch to our day & our family and friends LOVED it! My husband & I can't thank Benjamin & Michael enough for playing a HUGE part on our wedding day. We couldn't have chose a more perfect duo! We would recommend them in a heartbeat!

2017-02-09T11:27:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashlyn! You have incredible energy and YOU were the biggest reason the dance party was so fun. Thanks for reviewing us. I wish you and Travis a marriage as wonderful as your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jennifer D

Ben and Michael performed for our wedding on October 22nd, and absolutely made our reception fantastic! Ben was easy to work with in preparing for the wedding, I didn't have to worry at all about the music for the reception. They played an acoustic set during our dinner... Read More service (which people raved about), and then transitioned perfectly into the dance party after everyone was done eating. I can honestly say that the dance floor was not empty for a single minute the entire night. I highly recommend Benjamin Warner for any DJ service!

2017-02-09T11:29:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenny! I will never forget how you and your friends requested Mariah Carey's - All I Want for Christmas is You, and then sang along with enthusiasm to every word. In OCTOBER. I was not ready. Such a fun group of people. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 David E

Ben DJ-ed our wedding this summer, and we were really impressed with his flexibility and ability to go with the flow. We had an Orthodox Jewish wedding, and Ben did a great combo of Jewish and popular music. Although I would have preferred a bit more communication before the... Read More event, the day of our wedding Ben was very responsive to some last minute music requests, even pulling music from the Internet to please our guests and accompanying with guitar and drums as we sang traditional Jewish songs after the reception. Most of all, we were happy that Ben seemed to be enjoying the wedding just as much as us and our guests. HE was definitely our most friendly, pleasant vendor!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jesse C

We could not have been more pleased with the service Ben and Michael provided for us. When we started our journey with them it was over a year in advance and Ben kept in touch with us the entire time making sure every aspect of our ceremony and reception were covered. My husband... Read More and I had only one request of our DJ and that was to have our 13 year old niece accompany them with her cello in my entrance music. They were more than welcoming, writing her music and practicing with her to make sure she was prepared. We received so many compliments and they were very easy to work with. We would gladly recommend them to anyone seeking a DJ for their event.

2017-02-09T11:31:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jon and Jessi! Your niece is talented on the cello and it was great to incorporate her into the ceremony. I also remember you all rocking out to Five Finger Death Punch at the reception! Not the usual wedding music! Loved it.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jenna F

Ben did an acoustic ceremony and DJ'ed our reception for our wedding on October 1, 2016. Ben did a FANTASTIC job with the music, everything he picked was absolutely amazing! He was my favorite of our vendors. He made sure that my husband and I were taken care of. He did a great... Read More job with making announcements. He even came out and danced and had a good time with us. I wish I had another event that I could hire him for. He also did a beautiful job with our acoustic ceremony music. I cannot say enough about how perfect of a job he did. BEST DJ AND VERY AFFORDABLE!

2017-02-09T11:33:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenna! You and Fabian are such a thoughtful and positive couple. You clearly cared for all your guests very much. It was a pleasure handling the music for your wedding. Thanks for booking us!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lindsey S

Ben was great! I had him play acoustic music for my ceremony and first part of professional and everyone loved it! The guitar and violin mix was very romantic. Ben was also so fun as a DJ, I requested a new song and he had it playing in matter of minutes. He also got out on the... Read More dance floor with guests and brougt out a drum to add additional flare to the music! Guests loved it.

Benjamin Warner