Berkeley Heights, NJ

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Berkeley Plaza

Nestled in the Watchung Mountains, The Berkeley Plaza will create the ideal ambiance to fulfill all your dreams.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall

735 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ

Our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/31/2013 Kristin S

My husband and I booked The Berkeley Plaza for our 9/1/13 Wedding. It was the best decision we could have made for our big day! From start to finish they exceeded all expectations. My husband and I knew exactly what we wanted and they made sure every detail was carried out. Michael was our Maitre D and was great! Definitely request him. He made sure that everything was PERFECT. He guided us through the whole night and made sure we had everything we would possibly need. The entire staff was so helpful and very professional as well, especially the owner, Jimmy. You know that a place is exceptional when the owner personally cares about your big day. Two things I would highly recommend would be 1. Make sure you book exclusive so you have the venue to yourself, which is GREAT. We had he cocktail hour in the upstairs ballroom and the reception in the downstairs ballroom. 2. Make sure Carlos is there to be one of your bartenders. All of my guests complimented us on how great the service was, but Carlos was the hit of the night with our guests. Extremely fun, friendly and interactive! Our guests are also still talking about what a great time they had as well as how delicious and endless the food was. So many choices and the wedding package had everything, including primo liquor and shots, which EVERY wedding needs. They were also very accommodating for our large bridal party. Bottom line, The Berkeley Plaza is THE venue to book. It helped carry out our NJ/NY Italian style wedding perfectly and would recommend booking here to any prospective bride & groom. My husband and I had a fairytale night and wish we could relive it again and again!

Amazing Venue for an Amazing Price

Reviewed on 2/18/2011 Christine G

All of my dealings with the staff at Berkeley Plaza were fantastic. Our Maitre D' Diane was the best of the best. She was in constant contact with my (at the time) fiancee and me to make sure everything was going alright with planning and if there was anything she could do for us. Even during the day of the wedding, she ensured that everything went smoothly and that we all had what we needed. After the wedding was over, I was amazed how neatly everything was all packed up and ready to go into the car before I was even done saying good-bye to my guests! We also got so many compliments on the food, and how much of it there was. People actually thought that cocktail hour was the dinner buffet. It was all so beautifully presented and so absolutely yummy. The price was perfect, too. It fell right into our budget and was completely affordable. Berkeley Plaza is top notch and should definitely be a consideration for any bride's venue.

Pure Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Babs P

The Berkeley Plaza was chosen for our daughter's wedding held in October 2010. I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with the venue and staff! Our planning was made easier (Colorado bride) with the help of the "Tasting Night" where we sampled delicious food and met with several vendors. The friendly staff answered all our questions and made several menu suggestions that fit our wedding perfectly. The cocktail hour was full of hot food that just kept coming and the bar served quickly. Everyone raved about how lovely the Plaza Ballroom was and it made for beautiful pictures (gazebo and grounds too). The dinner was delicious (seconds if you had room) along with the desserts and the beautiful, contemporary designed wedding cake provided to our specifications with the baker. The servers were attentive and friendly as were the bartenders who remembered what you were drinking (a big hit with the guests). From beginning to end, from napkins to lighting, The Berkeley Plaza was "Pure Perfection" in every way. They are true professionals that make it all look easy with attention to detail and a little humor to put you at ease. We would use The Berkeley Plaza again or better yet, would love to be a guest and enjoy it even more! 5 Stars- quality, service, value.

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Melissa M

There aren't enough good things to say about the Berkeley Plaza for our April 2015 wedding. From the minute we dropped in un-announced and were given a full tour by Mike, who ended up being our awesome Maitre'd, we knew this was the place to book. We didn't even look anywhere else, even though Mike encouraged us to. I fell in love with the gossamer draped ballroom and there was no way we could beat the value for the price. Everyone... EVERYONE... was such a pleasure to work with. The owner Jimmy was genuinely kind and you could obviously tell he loves what he does. Mike was great and so much fun to work with. Anna and Diane were so nice and always a willing to help out even though they weren't our direct contacts. And Gina. GINA! I spoke with Gina via phone and e-mail so many times before even meeting her and she always did everything she possibly could to answer my questions and settle any concerns I had. The whole staff there is amazing and such great people. And aside from the staff... the food was out of the world. All of my guests still tell me how good cocktail hour and dinner was. I can't imagine why anyone would want to book anywhere else. The Berkeley Plaza is not a wedding factory. They are a family run establishment who go out of their way to make each of their couples feel like they are the most important clients they have and their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. Thank you all for helping us start off our Happily Ever After.

Beautiful place, great staff & great food

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Jennifer R

The service at the Berkeley plaza was unbelievable! From the first day we met with Ana ,while we were venue hunting, all the way up to our wedding the personal attention was great. They made us feel like we were the only wedding that mattered. Our matre'd Gina was the sweetest and very pleasant to work with. She truly went above and beyond to fulfill our every request. The food was delicious !!! And BOVELLA'S bakery did a great job with our cake. It all felt like a real live fairy tale. It was great seeing all the planning come to life. Thank you Berkeley plaza for your establishment! I hope many more brides and/or grooms book with your venue. Much love Jenn and Keirh

Beautiful Place, Horrible Service

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Kelly

I must say the Berkeley Plaza was a beautiful place. We had our ceremony and reception there. The owner and staff we're absolutely great until our big day. My husband and I were extremely disappointed with the way the staff and owner presented themselves on our special day. For starters, the owner who booked us failed to show up on the day of our wedding, the maƮtre d showed up at the same time as me (the bride) !!!! The place wasn't open when my husband arrived with all his groomsmen. They had to wait outside for nearly two hours.... My husband had to direct our wedding party and guests who we're arriving for the ceremony! I couldn't tell you the name of our personal server during our reception because we barely had one. Let's just say all the venue did was provide a place, bar, and food. Horrible service. The day was perfect and we learned to roll with it, and still enjoy our special day. I'm not much of a review poster but I was that disappointed with the Berkeley Plaza that I had to. Beautiful place, good food but horrible service.

Wedding Success

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Kimberly D

From the start, Berkeley Plaza was more than accommodating with us due to our circumstances with the military. We were also given a military discount. The main ballroom is beautiful and fit our guests perfectly. Food was delicious and service was good. Last minute accommodations were made without a complaint. We received nothing but compliments. My only concern was where they placed the vendor table - it was supposed to be in a certain area and they put it behind the stage curtain, which is where the DJ was supposed to go.

Excellent Service/Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Chinue H

I booked Berkeley Plaza for my wedding ceremony and reception. It is gorgeous. The staff is great! The staff was always willing to talk and give you their undivided attention. Even when money was due they are willing to work with you. The food tasting did not even give a taste of what to expect. My guest can not stop talking about the food and how much was available. I had my ceremony inside and they did everything...i did not even need a wedding planner. The service was excellent! No cup was ever empty! The service was excellent! Any person that books an event there would be overly happy!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Jenning F

The food was amazing! The lighting was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Awesome reception, nice venue, great food

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Allison P

We had our reception at the Berkeley Plaza and they did an amazing job! After looking at many places in the area it came down to cost, value, and the people we dealt with. You won't find a better value for your money in the area (the cost is very reasonable). And the people at BP are professional, responsive, and friendly. Diane was our maitre d and she was awesome, as was the whole staff! Anything we needed or asked for we got. The bartenders were also excellent, even weeks after the wedding people are still talking about the bartenders. Everyone had a great time: the food was plentiful and delicious and the service was great!

Amazing staff, food, ambiance, EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Lauren H

We had such a beautiful wedding day at The Berkeley Plaza on June 30, 2012. The staff was so wonderful to work with, and people still can't stop talking about the quantity AND quality of the food! I was shocked at how reasonably priced it was, especially because of what is included! I need to go back to a wedding here though cause I didn't get to eat nearly as much as others :)

I Love The Berkeley Plaza!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Valerie S

This place was a great find!! I can't say enough nice things about the Berkeley Plaza!!! After visiting a "wedding factory" in the same price range, I thought I'd never find a place. Then we found the Berkeley Plaza. The first time we went, we were impressed by the level of attention to detail and accommodating nature of the staff. We booked it and had our wedding there in March. It was perfect! The food was great, the ballroom looked really nice, and everything we wanted was done. They have their own uplighting and centerpieces if you want to use them and a cute gazebo and staircase for photos. The bakery they work with (Bovellas in Westfield, NJ) was really outstanding and the florist they recommended worked with us to do something beautiful even though it was last minute. Everyone we encountered throughout the whole process was outstanding. Mike was our Maitre'd and he was awesome. He was on top of EVERYTHING. To my fellow perfectionist brides, if you are in their hands, you won't have to worry about a thing. They were really wonderful. Diane and Ana in the office and Jimmy the owner were all a pleasure to work with. Ladies, go check it out and if you're date is open, book it. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Mary C

Everyone at the Berkeley Plaza was so helpful and easy to deal with. The food was wonderful; people are still talking about the cocktail hor.

Fab wedding at the Plaza

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Jessica c

We absolutely LOVED the Plaza! they we more than accomodating to us an dour guests and Mike our Matre D' was awesome!

Perfect because of them

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Ashley Z

I loved them the moment I walked in. The day of the wedding went so smoothly, because they knew what they were doing!!! They had everything covered. I had no worries about anything. All of the staff was very helpful to all of our guest. I don't even know what else to say, but they were wonderful and my wedding was that much more perfect because of them Thank YouChris & Ashley

Simply the best

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Heather B

The staff at the Berkeley Plaza were the most professional and helpful people I worked with throughout my entire wedding planning process. They made the reception a stress-free event and all of my guests raves about the food.

Carribean Bride

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Ruth L

The Berkeley Plaza has beautiful grounds, great food, and a cozy family like setting

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Emily R

The Berkeley Plaza was a beautiful place for our wedding! We received many compliments on the food and overall look of the venue.

Great!

Reviewed on 6/17/2011 Krissy W

I couldn't have picked a better place for my budget. The staff was great, the food was amazing!! The price was awesome. Everything was fantastic. Highly recommended!

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Casey S

We had the best experience ever with them. They were professional and super helpful. The ballroom looked amazing and the food was incredible. Everyone keeps talking about it and can't believe how much there was! It was affordable and ended up being the most perfect wedding ever! Highly recommended!

A great event

Reviewed on 4/01/2011 Michelle F

My wedding was a month ago at the Berkeley Plaza and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The food, service, drinks and atmosphere were outstanding. My husband and I didn't eat much of our dinners/desserts and to our surprise the next day they had it wrapped up for us.

Great value!

Reviewed on 2/07/2011 Tara R

The Berkeley Plaza is the place for a bride on a budget. Almost everything is included within the package-table decor, cake (delicious too!), linens, ice sculptures, and more. The cocktail & reception rooms are very pretty and look wonderful in photographs. The staff is excellent and willing to make every accommodation for your day.

A wonderful wedding at the Berkeley

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 Camille P

Exceptional attention to details! The staff at the Berkeley Plaza made sure my day went exactly as planned. I couldn't have asked for a more professional experience! From the table presentation in the Grand Ballroom right down to the Maitre'D rolling my beautiful cake right to the center of the dance floor so everyone could see the cake cutting, every detail was thought out and executed beautifully. The food was wonderful throughout the night and the desserts, even better! I highly recommend the Berkeley Plaza for your upcoming wedding!!

AWESOME PLACE!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 April R

The Berkeley Plaza was such a GREAT choice for us!! Once we walked into the Plaza Ballroom, we knew that was where we'd say "I Do!" The spacious room, beautifully decorated tables, grand staircase...everything was absolutely amazing! The whole place is clean, smells great...even the bathrooms are so beautiful (recently renovated as well)!! It didn't hurt that we had the BEST Maitre 'd...Mike Wolklin made our day as special as can be. He even postponed his vacation a day in order to be there for us...he made sure we had any/everything we needed & we will always be thankful to him and The Berkeley Plaza for making our day one to remember forever!!! We received nothing but compliments on the place & food (how much there was, the variety, how frequently it came out during the cocktail hour, etc.). They were nothing but accomodating & it was nothing short of perfect! Couldn't have imagined taking the next step in our lives anywhere else!!

Pleasant and attentive

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Kenya H

I had my wedding reception here and couldn't be happier. They were VERY accomadting to special requests and took care of everything for my reception. They put all my favors out and took care of any seating/table issues that arised immediately and the best part was they didn't even bother talking to me about the little things that went wrong. They just fixed it asap and let me know that everything was under control. I was able to enjoy my whole night not worrying about the little problems. Food was great and they also serve seconds buffet style to my guests which was a big hit! They took care of us and packed everything up that was left over at the end of the night and put it all in one spot so we were just able to pick the stuff up and leave. Before the wedding they were amazing too and helpful with all the questions we had. The gazebo outside was also a perfect picture spot since at night, it was lit up with white lights. I highly recommend them for an event. They made my wedding reception as perfect as it could be.

TO Berkeley Plaza