Berkeley Plaza

Berkeley Heights, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Berkeley Plaza

A BALLROOM IN BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ

The Berkeley Plaza located in charming Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, offers the full gamut for a bride and groom. This full-service wedding venue has been bringing joy and fun to wedding celebrations for over 25 years. Conveniently located near Gillette, Morristown, Millburn and Springfield, it is an easy venue to get to and has plenty of accommodation options available for out-of-town guests. The Best Western Murray Inn and Suites and the Westin Governor Morris offer room blocks for the wedding party and guests and perks for the bride and groom, such as a complimentary room or suite. The Berkeley Plaza offers two ballrooms for the blissful couple to choose from and an array of photo opportunities.

Crystal Ballroom. In this elegantly decorated ballroom, the wedding couple can choose to have the room set up for a sit-down dinner or a buffet-style dinner. Up to 144 wedding guests can be accommodated for a seated dinner and 124 guests for a buffet-style meal. The tables surround the dance floor, allowing for easy access for everyone to have fun. The ambience for an enchanting evening is set with tulle and lighted ceiling, along with a crystal chandelier. Plenty of dim wall lighting keeps the tone elegant. For the couple that chooses to say "I do" at the Berkeley Plaza, the room can be set up chapel-style and then easily transitioned for the dinner and reception

Plaza Ballroom. This room comes complete with a bridal staircase for the couple to make a grand entrance. The Plaza Ballroom can accommodate up to 182 guests and is eloquently decorated with a crystal chandelier and soft lighting and the ceilings are draped with tulle. The bride and groom can host the ceremony, dinner and reception in the Plaza Ballroom.

Full-service catering, along with a professional chef with over 20 years of experience, is what couples can expect from the Berkeley Plaza. Whether it is a small group or large group of guests, both scenarios can be accommodated. There are several dinner plans to choose from, ranging from chef-attended stations to a self-serve buffet.

The Berkeley Plaza provides a list of suggested services and vendors to assist the couple with wedding planning decisions, including photographers and transportation services. For any outside vendors a couple chooses, a vendor form needs to be filled out and approved beforehand. In an effort to go green, the Berkeley Plaza offers all of its forms, including seating arrangement requests and special requests, on its website. The final instructions for the wedding day can also be found on the website.

The Berkeley Plaza has some special features that provide a truly pleasurable experience for the bride, groom, wedding party and guests:

• Quaint gazebo with beautiful garden and fountain for great photo opportunities
  • Variety of cuisines available, including Italian, American and Latin
  • Online bridal brochure available on the website

Berkeley Plaza

Nestled in the Watchung Mountains, The Berkeley Plaza will create the ideal ambiance to fulfill all your dreams.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

735 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ (908) 464-0300

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

My husband and I booked the Berkeley Plaza to host our wedding reception on July 9, 2016. We had been there numerous times before for other weddings and events and were always so pleased with the services they provide. Michael was our Matire D' and was completely accommodating... Read More from start to finish. He took time to personally meet with us to discuss all of the details for our cocktail hour and reception. He personalized the room with the up-lighting, accommodated our sweetheart table from our entertainment team, had the room set up exactly how we envisioned and was extremely attentive to our every want and desire. They also accommodate any specific food/drink wants and needs upon request. The service was fantastic, the food was delicious and the amount of food between the cocktail hour and reception left no guests remotely close to hungry! With all of the staff's efforts, my husband and I were left to thoroughly enjoy our evening without a worry of any detail. We absolutely recommend hosting your event at the Berkeley Plaza, where they make all of your dreams come true!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Brittany S

I found the Berkeley Plaza on the knot. All I can say is Wow! I had such a amazing experience! Are maître d' Mike and Megan were soo helpful during the entire process! They are knowledgeable, informative and thorough. I am extremely particular and I was Very impressed. If u are... Read More reading this no doubt you are trying to find the best venue for your special day or a special event. Prior to selecting the Berkeley my now the husband and I viewed over seven venues. I'm so happy I decided to go with the Berkeley Plaza and I'm sure you will too! Btw the food was awesome!

2016-12-09T12:46:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved sharing in your special wedding day and are so happy that the day was everything that you imagined it to be at Berkeley Plaza! We wish so much love and happiness as you begin this new journey together. Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kim Q

We had our wedding reception here and it was nothing short of amazing! The entire night was perfect and could not have gone better. The process from start to finish was so impressive, starting with our initial meeting with Jimmy, the owner. We were impressed by the venue and... Read More our initial food tasting. The gazebo outside was awesome for taking pictures, and the cocktail hour and reception rooms were beautiful! The staff was extremely helpful in recommending the vendors that we used for our wedding day, who were also great. So much was included (centerpieces, table napkins, and amount of food), and it was well worth the value. The staff was great about responding whenever we emailed or called with a question. Maître'D Alex was so helpful leading up to the big day and made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. Throughout the night, he was available if we needed anything and kept checking in on us. Although there was another wedding going on the same night, we had no interaction with them and our parties were kept separate. The cocktail hour, dinner and dessert were all top notch and received a lot of compliments from our guests. We highly recommend the mac and cheese bar at cocktail hour- it was a big hit! The chocolate fountain was an additional add-on but it was worth it, and the apple dessert was also very popular and delicious. Thank you so much for making our day so special! Kim and Dan

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Stephanie S

We had such a wonderful night at the Berkeley Plaza. Ana was our maitre'd for the night and we had nothing to worry about, everything went smoothly. Meagan was also very helpful during the planning process. We live in TX but chose to get married in my hometown so the staff was... Read More very accommodating for scheduling appointments when I was in town and answering information via email and phone. We appreciated having so much included in our package so we didn't have to worry about multiple vendors for the one night. The few outside vendors we used for flowers and the cake were highly recommended by the venue and were all great. A few months before our wedding I had gotten a call that the ballroom was being renovated and initially was worried but when we saw the change, we were impressed! The floors look beautiful and we all enjoyed the new bar area! The added space really opened up more room for the dance floor! Overall we have a wonderful night!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Jena R

Do not go here. They were sold and they are knocking it down. Hugely disappointed in this venue as I have to start from scratch now when most of my planning was done 😡

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Anastasia S

We just had our wedding last night and you must request Mike as your Maitre D! He was phenomenal from the taste testing a year before to the very last minute of our special night. We had a few flukes throughout that Mike worked with us and was always so resourceful and easy... Read More going and willing to take care of us. The plaza is undergoing new management which changed over 3 days before our wedding. We were getting a call to see if we wanted things taken down and I was a little upset as we fell in love with the setting that we chose back in 2015. As venues do like to keep updated, I was a little sad to see paintings that were taken down and therefore left many of the ballroom walls plain. I am sure they will be updating the walls so they become vibrant again. The food was AMAZING! Our guests were full at cocktail hour but continued to eat until the end of the night because everything was so wonderful. The staff is so friendly, warm, and speak to you by name and take care of you and your guests immediately. Mike cares for our immediate family members ensuring our parents that he was thinking of them throughout the night which I appreciated immensely. Our guests including us left happy, full, and full of memories!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Laura M

I had my wedding here last night. From the first meeting until I left for the hotel, the staff was attentive, detail oriented, and exhibited some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. There was always someone seeing if the groom or I needed anything and the... Read More entire night went flawlessly. Ana was everything I could have wanted out of an event planner. Everyone commented on the quality of the food served and the decorations were beautiful. The centerpieces provided by the venue were elegant and beautiful. I would recommend this venue to anybody.

2017-06-13T15:58:14 Response from the vendor

BEST DAY EVER!!! Congratulations Laura & Chris! We feel so honored that you let us share in your amazing wedding day! Wishing you a lifetime of love & happiness together!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 fabiolaa b

We got married this past Saturday and everything was marvelous. They took care of every little detail, helped us get everything set along the way and were very flexible and easy to work with. Our guests had an amazing time, the food was extraordinary! Everyone was talking about... Read More it, the rooms are large and beautiful and the lighting and decor made it look just perfect. We loved everything about our wedding day and I'm so happy and grateful that we had such a great team to work with (Jim, Ana and Megan took care of everything)

2017-03-24T16:30:45 Response from the vendor

Best Day Ever!! Thank you for letting us be a part of your magical wedding day Fabiola & Devin! An amazing day for an amazing couple!! We wish both of you everlasting love and a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations Fabiola & Devin!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Heather P

Beautiful venue and service ! Can't forget the food which everyone is still complimenting! Extremely happy with how our wedding day was organized. Jim was such a wonderful person to work with genuinely thorough. Very highly recommended ! Thanks guys for all your hard work!

2017-01-21T12:39:36 Response from the vendor

We loved sharing in your special Wedding day!! Thank you so much for letting us share in your special day! We wish both of you a lifetime of love and happiness!! Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Deb L

Berkeley Plaza was the perfect place for our wedding. Their ballroom is elegant, classy and most of all comfortable. Ana was a pleasure to work with and accommodated all of our needs. The food was excellent and so was the service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Casandra W

Our wedding was a dream come true and we cannot thank the staff at Berkeley Plaza enough! The food was amazing, the service was great, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, as well as the whole wedding day! Highly... Read More recommended the Berkeley Plaza!!

A Very Happy Bride & Groom

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Lindsay F

My husband Ed and I just had our wedding reception at The Berkeley Plaza this past Friday (11/6) and we had the GREATEST day of our lives. From our original tour, to our food tasting, to our finalization meeting, everyone we met with had been so friendly and helpful. On our... Read More wedding day, everything was set up so beautifully and we were literally greeted with open arms. Our Maitre'd (Michael) treated us like family. Although I didn't eat a lot (what bride actually gets to at their wedding!), the food I did eat tasted exactly as it had at our food tasting, and we got so many compliments on the cocktail hour and dinner. We were fortunate to be the only wedding that night, so we literally had the entire place to ourselves. Our cocktail hour was in the ballroom on the second floor and our reception was in the main ballroom. If you are looking for a beautiful, elegant, classic style venue, that is also reasonably priced (with so much included), I would recommend the Berkeley Plaza to you in a heartbeat. Thank you to everyone there who helped to make our big day the BEST day ever!!!! Love, Lindsay & Ed Nally

The Time of My Life

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 nMirlande T

My husband and I were married at the Berkeley Plaza in October 2015. This venue is amazing and my maître d' was awesome. The owners are very personable and did everything they could to make our day extremely special and helped it all run smoothly. They are very patient and... Read More care about their reputation. It is clear that they are very experienced. My guests raved on how beautiful the venue was inside and out. My guests were particularly impressed with the cocktail hour and dinner. All of the food was served hot and was delicious. Those were important aspects for me. I am extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding here. I do not have a single complaint as the evening turned out perfectly. The bottom line is I was happy, and my guests were happy. I would use them again for another big life event. You cannot go wrong with this venue.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Nicole G

I had my wedding at the Berkeley Plaza on 9/26/15. I can not say enough amazing things about the Berkeley Plaza and their amazing staff. From the moment we walked in for our first meeting to the end of our wedding every thing was perfect with them. They are genuine people who... Read More really care about your wedding and go above and beyond to make sure your wedding goes perfect. My guests keep talking about how wonderful the food was and when you think about how your wedding went, if people are still raving about the food then you know everything was great! You get such a wonderful amount for your money and it doesn't "break the bank". I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to get married in this area. It's truly beautiful.

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

I had my wedding at the Berkeley Plaza on sept 27th !! And it was amazing there !! They were so easy to work with !! I worked with Diane there and she was great !! The food and service were great !! All my guests enjoyed everything and are still talking about how much fun they... Read More had !!

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Kristin N

We just had our wedding at the Berkeley Plaza last night. All I can say is that it was AMAZING! Michael was our Maitre 'd and he took care of everything! We did not have to worry about a thing all night. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding and our guests without... Read More having to worry about the little details. All the guests raved about the food and the beauty of the venue. I highly recommend this place. The price is great and you get so much more for you money as compared to other venues. I cannot say enough about the Berkeley Plaza.

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Clare M

The Berkeley Plaza did an absolutely fantastic job for our wedding reception. They were extremely personable and helpful throughout all the planning, they were patient with all my requests, they made each room stunningly perfect and they offered the best service you could ask... Read More for on your wedding day. If you are thinking of using The Berkeley Plaza, your search is over!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Chris G

Hello all. The Berkeley Plaza is the only choice for your reception. We worked with Michael and every minute of it was a breeze. Right off the bat he was kind and courteous and took the time to understand what we were looking for. Also, he is a blast to negotiate with. He gets... Read More it and does everything he can to make you the consumer happy. Why the Berkeley Plaza? The venue is beautiful. The food is amazing. All our guests stuffed their faces until they couldn’t eat any more. That’s how fantastic their food was for cocktail hour, dinner, & Venetian hour! The staff is the best I have ever seen. My father is disabled and cannot get around very well. Mike had his own son be my father’s right hand. Anything my father needed was taken care of in a matter of seconds. In addition, no guest had to ask for anything; the glasses never went empty. Another big plus was that as the night was proceeding, Mike was always just a glance away making sure my wife and I were having the time of our lives. Everybody talks a big game about their service; the Berkeley Plaza backs it up! Another big sell is the amazing value. The ballroom comes ready to go. My wife and I wanted to spend money on food, not flowers, up lighting and setup. The ballroom comes with everything you could possibly want. We selected almost every option that was offered for cocktail hour and had a Venetian hour. After counting the cards, we made everything back. If that’s not bang for your buck, what is? If you are getting married go see the Berkeley Plaza. Ask for Mike or Ana, I promise you are in great hands! They will make your wedding an affair to remember for years to come!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Melissa M

There aren't enough good things to say about the Berkeley Plaza for our April 2015 wedding. From the minute we dropped in un-announced and were given a full tour by Mike, who ended up being our awesome Maitre'd, we knew this was the place to book. We didn't even look anywhere... Read More else, even though Mike encouraged us to. I fell in love with the gossamer draped ballroom and there was no way we could beat the value for the price. Everyone... EVERYONE... was such a pleasure to work with. The owner Jimmy was genuinely kind and you could obviously tell he loves what he does. Mike was great and so much fun to work with. Anna and Diane were so nice and always a willing to help out even though they weren't our direct contacts. And Gina. GINA! I spoke with Gina via phone and e-mail so many times before even meeting her and she always did everything she possibly could to answer my questions and settle any concerns I had. The whole staff there is amazing and such great people. And aside from the staff... the food was out of the world. All of my guests still tell me how good cocktail hour and dinner was. I can't imagine why anyone would want to book anywhere else. The Berkeley Plaza is not a wedding factory. They are a family run establishment who go out of their way to make each of their couples feel like they are the most important clients they have and their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. Thank you all for helping us start off our Happily Ever After.

Beautiful place, great staff & great food

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Jennifer R

The service at the Berkeley plaza was unbelievable! From the first day we met with Ana ,while we were venue hunting, all the way up to our wedding the personal attention was great. They made us feel like we were the only wedding that mattered. Our matre'd Gina was the sweetest... Read More and very pleasant to work with. She truly went above and beyond to fulfill our every request. The food was delicious !!! And BOVELLA'S bakery did a great job with our cake. It all felt like a real live fairy tale. It was great seeing all the planning come to life. Thank you Berkeley plaza for your establishment! I hope many more brides and/or grooms book with your venue. Much love Jenn and Keirh

Beautiful Place, Horrible Service

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Kelly

I must say the Berkeley Plaza was a beautiful place. We had our ceremony and reception there. The owner and staff we're absolutely great until our big day. My husband and I were extremely disappointed with the way the staff and owner presented themselves on our special day. For... Read More starters, the owner who booked us failed to show up on the day of our wedding, the maître d showed up at the same time as me (the bride) !!!! The place wasn't open when my husband arrived with all his groomsmen. They had to wait outside for nearly two hours.... My husband had to direct our wedding party and guests who we're arriving for the ceremony! I couldn't tell you the name of our personal server during our reception because we barely had one. Let's just say all the venue did was provide a place, bar, and food. Horrible service. The day was perfect and we learned to roll with it, and still enjoy our special day. I'm not much of a review poster but I was that disappointed with the Berkeley Plaza that I had to. Beautiful place, good food but horrible service.

Wedding Success

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Kimberly D

From the start, Berkeley Plaza was more than accommodating with us due to our circumstances with the military. We were also given a military discount. The main ballroom is beautiful and fit our guests perfectly. Food was delicious and service was good. Last minute... Read More accommodations were made without a complaint. We received nothing but compliments. My only concern was where they placed the vendor table - it was supposed to be in a certain area and they put it behind the stage curtain, which is where the DJ was supposed to go.

Our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/31/2013 Kristin S

My husband and I booked The Berkeley Plaza for our 9/1/13 Wedding. It was the best decision we could have made for our big day! From start to finish they exceeded all expectations. My husband and I knew exactly what we wanted and they made sure every detail was carried out.... Read More Michael was our Maitre D and was great! Definitely request him. He made sure that everything was PERFECT. He guided us through the whole night and made sure we had everything we would possibly need. The entire staff was so helpful and very professional as well, especially the owner, Jimmy. You know that a place is exceptional when the owner personally cares about your big day. Two things I would highly recommend would be 1. Make sure you book exclusive so you have the venue to yourself, which is GREAT. We had he cocktail hour in the upstairs ballroom and the reception in the downstairs ballroom. 2. Make sure Carlos is there to be one of your bartenders. All of my guests complimented us on how great the service was, but Carlos was the hit of the night with our guests. Extremely fun, friendly and interactive! Our guests are also still talking about what a great time they had as well as how delicious and endless the food was. So many choices and the wedding package had everything, including primo liquor and shots, which EVERY wedding needs. They were also very accommodating for our large bridal party. Bottom line, The Berkeley Plaza is THE venue to book. It helped carry out our NJ/NY Italian style wedding perfectly and would recommend booking here to any prospective bride & groom. My husband and I had a fairytale night and wish we could relive it again and again!

Excellent Service/Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Chinue H

I booked Berkeley Plaza for my wedding ceremony and reception. It is gorgeous. The staff is great! The staff was always willing to talk and give you their undivided attention. Even when money was due they are willing to work with you. The food tasting did not even give a... Read More taste of what to expect. My guest can not stop talking about the food and how much was available. I had my ceremony inside and they did everything...i did not even need a wedding planner. The service was excellent! No cup was ever empty! The service was excellent! Any person that books an event there would be overly happy!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Jenning F

The food was amazing! The lighting was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better venue.