Dietary Options

Cheesecakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Pies, Desserts, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

4419 S. Westnedge Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 492-9111

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Shannon N

We couldn't be happier with our wedding cake from Bert's Bakery. It not only looked beautiful, but tasted great too! We went with the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, yellow cake with raspberry preserves, and yellow cake with lemon preserves and buttercream. All of... Read More them were delicious and we received lots of compliments from our guests. Amy was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was responsive, offered ideas, and even offered us suggestions on vendors for other things because we were from out of town. She also squeezed us in for an appointment in the middle of doing a ton of cakes, which was really nice of her. We also ordered a german chocolate cake for our rehearsal dinner. It was AWESOME. My grandma is still talking about how great it was. Overall, this was a great experience and I'd definitely recommend this bakery to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Courtney C

Amy, the owner, of Bert's Bakery took the time to oversee our entire wedding cake process, from our consultation to our design and set-up, and it made our day so wonderful! I appreciated her honesty, clear communication, and ability to ease a high-stress bride-to-be. She worked... Read More with our florist to add of floral perfectly, and our guest's raved about how beautiful and delicious our cake was. Thank you, Bert's Bakery!!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Samantha M

Bert's Bakery is always the best. Amy was awesome through the whole process, even from across the country. She made our absolute dreams come true and made our cake more amazing than we ever could have imagined. We received constant compliments from guests all night long, and... Read More days later. A close friend of mine who has traveled the world, and has tried cake in many different places, said this was by far her absolute favorite. I could not have asked for more! (the almond poppyseed cake is the best!!)

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Ashley M

Communication lacks between customer and bakery possibly for not having enough staff or too many events. Planning was a pain until we made an appt two weeks before the wedding to plan and finalize things. During the meeting she was very friendly and helpful. Our cake turned out... Read More beautifully.

Amazing Cakes

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Heather S

I had Bert's make our groomsmen cake. My husband works for UPS and I had seen UPS truck cakes online. I approached Bert's to see if it would be possible and they were more than willing to try. Not only did they try, the cake turned out amazing! The detail on the truck was so... Read More good and everyone at our reception loved it. The flavor was chocolate peanut butter which I was a little unsure of at first because I've never had. But it was SO good that I went back and bought two more cakes of that chocolate peanut butter flavor. It is now my mom's favorite kind. They are reliable, professional and the cakes are great!

Beautiful & Tasty Cake!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Ashley F

Bert's Bakery did an excellent job of creating our dream cake for our wedding. It was absolutely delicious. They even adjusted the size of the top tier to fit our Adirondack chair cake toppers that may have been a little too large for a normal size cake. Our guests couldn't get... Read More enough of the delicious slices!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Jamie J

Let me just tell you how fabulous Bert's Bakery was to work with for my May 2015 wedding! I can't say enough good things about Amy and her desserts! When my husband Ben and I set up cake testing appointments around town we were a little disappointed by how disinterested most... Read More bakeries seemed when it came to talking to us about our wedding and what ideas we had about our cake. Then we came to Bert's Bakery and were pleasantly surprised by an amazing experience! Amy sat down with us for nearly an hour. She wanted to get to know Ben and I as a couple and really took interest what constituted our dream wedding cake! She let us sample a slice of her almond poppyseed cake and then sent us home with a multi-sectioned cake so that we could try many of her other popular flavors. The cake was moist and delicious and the frosting was the perfect texture and sweetness. Everything about it was fantastic! We fell in love with the almond poppyseed and ultimately went with that flavor and absolutely no one was disappointed! It was incredible! And to top it all off Amy made us a beautiful spread of individual serving desserts for our rehearsal dinner which were out of this world! People could not believe how delicious everything was and everyone wanted to know where our desserts came from which we gladly shared! Amy was incredibly professional, knowledgable, helpful and kind. I would recommend Amy and Bert's bakery to any bride and groom looking for something special on their wedding day! Amy knows how special this time is for couples and makes sure you have a wonderful experience! You won't regret it... I promise! Amy, thank you so very much from Ben and I for everything you did to make our wedding extra special! We will be forever grateful for the time you spent baking our desserts and creating the perfect cake!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Danielle C

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful. I met with Amy several times after meeting her through tasting at the Lawton Heritage Community Center. I fell in love with the almond poppy seed cake there and it was the main flavor of four layers of cake. She also made... Read More beautiful cupcakes for my Bridal Shower and a Birthday cake. She will be my go to baker from now on! Thank you so much for such perfect desserts!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Ceci E

Amy was awesome. I was running around frantically trying to finish some last minute things before my big day, and she was incredibly flexible. She gave us an amazing cake. It tasted delicious and the design was exactly what we wanted.

Get your cake here

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jackie B

Our cake was everything we could have hoped for. It was unique, beautiful, DELICIOUS and didn't stain our teeth! We went in wanting a black and purple cake, only to discover that we would be walking around with black and purple mouths if we did that. Amy helped us get the best... Read More of both worlds. The flavor options are incredible, and everything tasted great.

Beautiful & Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Michelle A

Amy at Bert's Bakery took great care of my husband and me. She met with us twice. The first time we tasted some cake samples and decided on flavors. The second time we talked design and she helped us decide on a cake that fit our wedding theme perfectly. When the cake arrived it... Read More was more than we were expecting. It was beautifully and artfully decorated. When we cut into it, it was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend this bakery for your wedding cake.

Delicious perfection!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Clara R

We got a 3 layer marmol cake with almond cream filling from Bert's bakery. We fell in love with the filling from the sample we got when we first met with Amy from Bert's. It was exactly what we were looking for since we didn't want to go the fruit filling route. Amy always... Read More offered us her kind help and was very open with us. We sent her a picture of what we wanted the cake to look like and it turned out perfectly! We still had some cake left after the wedding and kept having it all weekend which was quite the treat (especially since we did not get to eat any the night of). Bert's bakery was a great choice for our wedding cake! If you want a top-notch cake, you know where to go!!

Beautiful cake that tasted great!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jennifer U

We received so many compliments on our cake! The taste was amazing! Amy was more than helpful with our many food allergies and our concerns about a dye free, preservative free cake.

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Allison K

Bert's Bakery is worth using for your wedding! The cake looked fantastic and tasted even better! No problems with delivery or timing and when I went in to bring the final payment I wanted to change the size of the cake. They changed it with no problem. Plus, each layer can... Read More be a different kind, which was really nice for us!

Gorgeous cake!

Reviewed on 12/08/2013 Amy L

We have used Bert's Bakery for many, many events over the years and they certainly did not disappoint for my wedding. Delicious and beautiful as always!

Tastes as good as it looks

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Jessica C

Sharon is so sweet and so helpful. We had amazing flowers on the day of the wedding. She was there to answer any questions or make any changes I needed. She worked with us as if we were her only customers and this day was not just my most important day but hers as well. She... Read More helped pin the men's boutonnieres on. The flowers were fresh and beautiful. Because of the heat the bouquets we carried were slightly wilted by the time pictures were done but there is nothing you can do when mother nature kicks in. The throw bouquet that was not subjected to the heat lasted the rest of the week and my bridesmaid said they made the house smell amazing. we also had a memorial bouquet that was still blooming when we came back from our honeymoon. I would recommend her for any floral needs.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Kate C

I was so pleased with the service that Amy provided us for the wedding. Our cake looked just like the picture I gave her and it arrived on time. I loved the chocolate cake with almond frosting!

Perfect Cake

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Robin R

Beautiful cake, perfect execution and great service. Delicious and perfect.

Delicious

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Elizabeth B

Our wedding cake was delicious!! Not only was it decorated beautifully, but the flavors were fantastic, and the frosting is to die for.

Couldn't get enough!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Katheryn E

I received more compliments over this cake than anything else!! The Almond Poppyseed cake was sooo delicious and super moist. The owner was very easy to work with and super accommodating. She was reasonable for the quality and I'd recommend this place to anyone!

cake/cupcakes

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 terra d

they did a great job and the cake was awesome

Good cake, good price!

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Alexis R

Bert's gave us a very good cake and a reasonable price! We chose a standard design but wanted to add a personal detail, and they were very accommodating and it turned out exactly as we wanted.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Lauren R

I don't have many regrets from my wedding day, but I do regret not making sure I ate an entire piece of cake. The little bite we fed one another with everyone watching was simply not enough. We received so many compliments on our cake, and if the tasters we had when we booked is... Read More any indication, the cake was delicious. Amy was easy to work with, responsive, and clearly a master of her craft! The design of our cake was very simple, but she nailed it - it looked perfect and exactly like the picture I sent her. We are already looking forward to FINALLY eating that piece (or several) of cake on our first anniversary. I highly recommend using Amy for any pastry needs you might have - she does a great job, is consistent and won't disappoint!

Delicious cake, unprofessional owner!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Katharine R

My mother had recommended we use Bert's Bakery for my wedding after tasting their cakes at a bridal show in Kalamazoo. In January we stopped into town for a short weekend and were able to try a sample cake free-of-charge (which could feed about 10 people) and sure enough, it was... Read More delicious! I was sold! A lot of the communication was done via e-mail (mainly because of the time zone differences and because I like to have things in writing). The design of the cake changed as the months went by but the final design was solidified a few weeks before the big day. We confirmed when the final payment should be and details of my cake topper. Two days before the wedding, my father, my fiance and I stopped into the little store to drop off the cake topper and the owner came out of the back to say, "The cake topper won't work." No "Good morning!" or "How are you?" just "This isn't going to work." I was a bit taken aback, because as a bride, it's not exactly something you want to hear 2 days before the wedding but after showing the owner, "See? It fits on the board you provided just fine. Why won't it work?" she seemed to calm down. She then went into telling us how she had a wedding in two hours and had to work with a cake topper that just wouldn't work, so I understand she was a bit stressed but probably not something you should be telling other customers, because who's to say you're not saying the same thing about us to other complete strangers? Not to mention, it sometimes took weeks to get a reply to an e-mail. In the end, though, the cake looked absolutely beautiful and was delicious (we had red velvet with cream cheese frosting). I would definitely recommend their cakes to anyone in West Michigan because you're not going to taste anything better, but don't expect timely responses or the utmost professionalism from the owner.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Courtney M

Amy was amazing at Bert's! We had a Detroit Tigers themed wedding. Amy went above and beyond with the design we wanted. Everyone who was at the wedding or has seen the pictures of our cake LOVE it. The cake tastes as good as it looks. There are so many different combinations of... Read More flavors and fillings. We decided we will be getting a cake there every year for our wedding anniversary's. Thanks again Amy!

2012-11-04T19:17:26 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure to be apart of your special day. You guys were awesome to work with and your Reception Decor was amazing. I wish you many years of happiness. Take care!

Start a Conversation!