Personalized Makeup for Your Most Memorable Day

Feel and look as beautiful as you possibly can! Nicknamed “The Bride Whisperer”, I am an award winning makeup artist based out of one of the top salons in NYC. Custom designed on location beauty services for you and your party will get you red carpet ready for your most important day.

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Midtown East, New York, NY Available for travel (646) 269-4063

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Lydia B

Amanda gave me the priceless experience of feeling absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. I’m actually surprised by how much I loved her work, as I typically prefer a light, natural makeup – I was one of those brides who was very quick in describing what she did n o t want,... Read More but struggled to articulate a positive vision. That said, I still hoped to look special on my big day, and I also realized that my dramatic ball gown required a little more than my regular lip-gloss and mascara routine. My vague ideas notwithstanding, Amanda managed to create a stunning makeup that left everyone – my mom, sister, bridesmaids, dad – speechless, and that still felt natural and like myself (only better). Her work came out great in the pictures, while also looking lovely in person. When we were taking a few pictures in front of our hotel, a little boy pointed to us and said to his mom: Look, Mom, Cinderella! This perfectly sums up the way she made me feel – and I'm not the princess type of girl. (Side note: How do you write a glowing review for your makeup artist without coming off as a little vain…?). Although my foundation had a lighter look than what you will often see in bridal magazines, everything, including the intricate eye-makeup she created, had amazing staying power and survived a 12-hour day, despite two outdoor photo sessions in New York’s July heat, and lots of dancing during the reception. In addition to the bridal makeup, Amanda also created the looks of my mom and three of my bridesmaids. They were all extremely happy with the results: She truly listened to all of them, was amazingly talented in translating a few descriptive adjectives into a beautiful, individualized, polished look, and repeatedly encouraged everyone to speak up if they were not happy. As others have mentioned, Amanda is also simply a lovely person and amazing to have around during those special hours – so friendly, fun, and encouraging, and truly wonderful in working with our other vendors. I was also extremely impressed by her professionalism, including her perfect timing: She was the first vendor to arrive, didn’t leave until everyone was perfectly happy with their looks, and even managed to squeeze in a bridesmaid who changed her mind in the last minute. I also received several emails with pictures from her on the morning after my wedding, a sweet gesture that I really appreciated. To sum it up, Amanda’s experience pampering the rich and famous at the Waldorf Astoria’s Guerlain Spa clearly showed throughout the day, and she did make the entire bridal party feel like VIPs, but her attitude is exactly the opposite of snooty Upper East Side (no offense, writing this from our home on Lexington Ave ;)). Given the rare combination of a true make up artist, seasoned professionalism, personal warmth, and very reasonable rates, I highly doubt that Best Face Forward will remain an insider tip much longer – hiring her made a real difference on my wedding day, and I hope many brides-to-be will have the same wonderful experience!

The Best Make-up Artist!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Jacqueline A

I used Amanda's services for myself and my wedding party recently, and I couldn't be more satisfied. To be honest, I'm not big on make-up to begin with, and was very hesitant about getting it done professionally....but after meeting Amanda, and doing a test run, I was highly... Read More impressed with how she could make me look so glamorous and natural at the same time! She really listened to my concerns and delivered. My face looked flawless in the pictures and it held up the whole night! She's a wonderful person and very talented at what she does....I highly recommend her I promise you won't regret it!

Amanda Gabbard Make-up Is hands down the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Catherine H

Choosing Amanda Gabbard Make-Up for my wedding was probably the best decision I made for my big day. You want to feel pretty, pampered, & excited, & she went above and beyond that! Having your make-up done by Amanda is like having your best friend or sister in the room with you.... Read More She takes time to get to know you, makes you feel at ease and calms your nerves when they are flying all over the place. Her skils are ridiculous! She only needs one conversation with you and will know exactly what you need and what it is you are looking for. And you will look flawless. She will make you feel beautiful on the inside and out!! Not only that, but she is so funny and kind, warm and easy to talk to. Seriously, look no further. You will get the best quality by hiring her. By the way: she was also so kind and accomadating to my family&friends, helping them with lashes and touch-ups that she did not have to do. And, she was the life of the party in my bridal bungalow. She is the BEST! I will hands down call her for any event I will need in the future!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Takara S

I first came across Best Face Forward Makeup Studio at My Big Fake Wedding in 2015 and two years later I was still so impressed by them that I sought them out as a vendor for my wedding! I informed Shola of some potential allergies that I had and she was able to not only... Read More accommodate me but to also accommodate one of my bridesmaids who also had makeup allergies. Due to the size of my wedding party, two makeup artists were assigned and the artists arrived before me to my venue outside of the city; seamlessly styled 6 ladies including myself; asked me before styling my bridesmaids for clarification on the look I wanted; kept up a cheerful banter amid the whirlwind of hair styling, dressing and pictures; and set up, cleaned up and even had their own styling chairs (unneeded in this case)! Best Face Forward was reasonably priced; allowed for an at home makeup consultation; personalized my experience and always kept the lines of communication open. Thank you Shola, Patti and Vanessa for making my wedding day fabulous!! I highly recommend Best Face Forward Makeup Studio.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Casey L

Amanda is the fairy godmother of makeup! The morning of the wedding I woke to the sound of rain- a brides worst fear. Amanda had sent me a sweet text to check in, give me some words of encouragement, and let me know she was on her way. She arrived at the hotel a few minutes... Read More early to get prepared, and got right to work. She has an incredible sense of calm about her, that permeates the entire room. She worked her magic, like a fairy god mother. She has tremendous talent, and an amazing ability to bring out everyone's natural beauty in the most natural and beautiful way possible. When I look back on my wedding pictures I see my absolute best self!! She glammed my mother and grandmother up, and made them feel incredibly beautiful and special. As the two most influential women in my life, women who typically never wear makeup- seeing their confident and loving smiles made my heart swell with happiness. It rained on my wedding day. Scratch that, it was like a monsoon on my wedding day. The week leading up to the wedding we religiously watched the weather channel. The forecast- rain. We bought umbrellas and scoured Pinterest for cute outdoor rainy pictures- we weren't going to let a little rain ruin our day. Remember that monsoon I told you about? During the middle of pictures our umbrella flipped inside out and I got soaking wet. Yes. Soaking wet on my wedding day, my hair, my make up ALL wet. I thankfully had Amanda stay until the ceremony and she touched up all of our makeup. My makeup though? Absolutely Perfect!!! I couldn't believe it!! Looking back on my pictures (which we did after this, and before the ceremony) you would have NO idea. Amanda single handedly saved my wedding day from a situation that easily could have been a disaster! She acted instantly with confidence and professionalism. She is a real life fairy god mother!! When I look back on my wedding, I will always remember the magical feeling that Amanda gave to me. I felt like the most beautiful version of myself. I can't thank her enough for everything she did for me!!

Make up person

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

I feel very lucky to have found Amanda to do my hair and make-up on my wedding day. She was extremely professional and easy to work with. She really listened to me and was able to find a solution to my concerns. She brought hypoallergenic products so that I had no reactions to... Read More the makeup.(I had a bad reaction to the mascara on a trial run at a department store the week before.) She was very patient and when I completely changed my mind about what I wanted to do with my hair she rallied back in style and did a great job. I have gotten so many compliments on how good I looked on my wedding day, I tell everyone it was my wonderful beauty person!And she took amazing pictures of us with my Iphone! (Still waiting for the professional photographer pictures...) I highly recommend Amanda.

Amazing Make-up Experience

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

A few weeks ago I had the great pleasure of having my make up done professionally (for the first time in my adult life) as a member of the bridal party for the wedding of a dear friend of mine. Amanda, with Best Face Forward, was the make up artist hired for the occasion and the... Read More experience was extraordinary! I know very little about make-up but was immediately impression by her warmth, attention to detail and most of all her ability to really listen to what I wanted and offer perfect results. She was able to offer a range of styles for the entire bridal party in a record amount of time (there were 9 of us!!). I preferred something more dramatic but other girls wanted a more natural look and she accomadated everyone. I strongly suggest her if you want a stress free wedding and to feel like a movie star for the day! Thank you Amanda!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Lindsay W

Amanda is not only one of the sweetest people I have ever met, she is an incredibly talented and professional artist. She did my makeup for my wedding, as well as six of my bridesmaids, and we were all so happy with the experience. I felt completely beautiful, and even though... Read More I'm not usually comfortable with receiving beauty services, Amanda made the process comfortable, pleasant, even fun! I couldn't believe how big and bright my eyes looked :) I would absolutely recommend her services to friends and family. She took the time to make sure we each loved our makeup, and touched everyone up before the photos began. She is the best!

Amanda is the best!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Eileen F

Amanda was my favorite vendor of the entire wedding process. Her skill and taste level are impeccable. I can break out easily and her products worked really well for me. My mom and sister do not wear makeup and they were both thrilled with the job she did. She made us all look... Read More like polished, prettier versions of ourselves. We all received tons of compliments. In reviewing the photos I am so glad we used Amanda. Amanda was tons of fun and handled the chaos of my family with grace and ease and humor. This is a wise investment for your big day!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Elizabeth R

Amanda did an amazing job!! Her work was everything I could of dreamed of for my big day!

Nothing Short of Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 DBig D

Amanda did mine, my mother, mother-in-law and 5 bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding on 4/25/15. She is nothing short of amazing. Everyone's makeup was just beautiful. Amanda is reliable, friendly, kind, and most importantly talented beyond belief. I think all brides worry about... Read More their makeup on their wedding and want it to be perfect. With Amanda I was at ease as soon as I had my trial. She is one who just looks at a face and knows what will make your features look best, which is what I wanted in an artist. Some of my bridesmaids gave pictures and she was able to copy them, as well as tailor them to each girl's face. I have never felt so beautiful as I did when Amanda did my makeup! I have a wedding coming up in July and I will be going back to Amanda for that and all affairs in the future!

Perfect Interlude Before the Aisle

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

Amanda was exactly what we needed! She did an amazing job on our makeup- we looked fresh and elegant. But maybe more important, she created an atmosphere of fun and relaxation; with only an hour to go before the wedding, we were laughing and totally at ease when everyone else... Read More was freaking out! Amanda is a great communicator, understood the look we wanted and made it happen flawlessly. I can't wait to use her again!

The Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 5/20/2015

I initially met Amanda through my now brother-in-law, who gave her such high praises. After talking and getting to know her, he really wasn't kidding. Amanda's welcoming demeanor and expertise made me feel so comfortable. I literally felt like we were great friends by the end of... Read More everything. She really wants her brides, bridal party, families and friends to feel their best and it shows. I did a trial with Amanda a few months before our big day and it came out great! On our wedding day, my make-up looked so amazing, I couldn't have imagined it myself. I have never felt so beautiful in my whole life. My bridal party and family also had the best things to say about Amanda. The only complaint I have is, that I wished I lived closer to Amanda so she could do my make-up more often! Even a year later on our anniversary, she still remembered and sent her congratulations. I have recommended Amanda to plenty of friends and family and recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Top Notch!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Kelly Y

Fortunate to have had Amanda be on our wedding team. Not only did she make my bridal party and I look stunning. But we all felt like ourselves and beautiful. She listens to your needs and makes it happen. She's the BEST!

Talented Lady!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 angelyse k

Amanda was fabulous! First off she is so nice and really listens to what you want. Which is very important. She did both my hair and make-up and I must say I looked great. She did exactly what I asked for with my make-up my photos came out flawless. I was unable to do a trial... Read More but still everything was perfect. I would 100% recommend her. I don't think you could find someone more talented and as nice as her ! Really 5 stars to her !

Nobody better than Amanda!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Stephanie P

Amanda did the most beautiful job on me and my bridal party two weeks ago. Everyone looked like the best version of themselves and totally natural. Amanda is warm and lovely, and totally an artist. She just wants you to be happy and is happy to do whatever you want to do while... Read More offering suggestions on how to look your best everyday! My friends are already saying they plan to use her for their weddings in the future! She's the best!!

Fabulous wedding makeup

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Allison G

Amanda Gabbard Makeup did the makeup for my wedding, as well as the entire bridal party. I've never felt more beautiful! She's very professional, a joy to be around, and she truly realized my vision of how I wanted to look on my special day. She listened to my ideas and my... Read More personal style, and created a beautiful, natural look. I highly recommend her for your event. She's a lot of fun!

Talented with a Winning Personality

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Rachael B

Amanda is an absolute pleasure to be around - she is upbeat and positive but real. If you say "I think this looks crooked" she doesn't placate you, she says "I think you're right, let's fix it" even if you're crazy. All of my bridal party absolutely loved her - she couldn't have... Read More been easier to work with or her work better - I loved my make up on my wedding day and everyone else looked great too!!

As your makeup artist, my goal is to make your vision a reality. Listening to you, creating the look you want, putting your mind at ease will only enable you to cherish the day, the love, and the memories that will last a lifetime. You should feel like the most beautiful bride in the world, and I aim to make that happen. My approach is simple - enhancing your own beauty to create a flawless style that lasts the entire day! As a makeup artist for many weddings I know there can be a lot of pressure leading up to the big day. Working with me to get you picture perfect will be stress-free!