Bethel Bakery

Bethel Bakery is a family owned bakery that has been baking special memories for over 55 years. With our signature French Buttercream icing, moist cake and high quality service, we are greatly recognized in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas as "The Cake Place."

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5200 Brightwood Road, Bethel Park, PA (412) 835-6658

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Sarah T

Thank you Bethel Bakery! We had such a wonderful experience. We wanted an unconventional cake with frosting only between the layers. We had fresh flowers (through our florist) on the outside, but the cake was essentially naked. It was gorgeous. They also offered to bake us a new... Read More top layer for our anniversary since a cake without frosting won't freeze well. We tasted and chose, and then never worried about it. When we saw the cake we were both amazed! It was perfect! Not to mention the taste! We got so many compliments. Without the frosting the cake really has to be delicious, and it sure was! Thank you Bethel Bakery, we look forward to eating it again next year!!

2017-03-13T11:18:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with us! It was a pleasure working with you and we are thrilled to hear that you and your guests not only loved the design of your cake, but also the taste! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Diana C

Bethel bakery was great for our wedding! We had a stress free meeting to design our cake and it was beautiful! The guests raved about the flavor and lightness of the cake! As a gluten free bride, bethel bakery and Gluuteny (gluten free bakery in Squirell Hill) worked seamlessly... Read More together. I simply placed my order throughly Gluuteny and referenced my wedding and the cupcakes showed up at the wedding!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Michelle Z

Bethel Bakery was absolutely phenomenal to work with. The employees were incredibly helpful during our initial tasting, and the cake met and exceeded our expectations the day of the wedding. It looked stunning - the icing colors were vibrant and the icing roses were perfect in... Read More their detail. And, it tasted delicious! We got many compliments on the cake during and after the event. Additionally, we had leftover cake after the event (in addition to our frozen top tier), and I have to say that even the leftover cake kept very well! We were extremely pleased from start to finish and would highly recommend them to any engaged couple beginning their wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Tira W

The overall experience was so pleasant and easy! When they didn't have a batter/icing for us to try at our initial appointment, we returned and they provided us with an entire 8" cake to try! Flavors were amazing (we got Tiramisu filling with the chocolate dusting and espresso... Read More drizzle) and the cake was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend Bethel Bakery.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Samantha G

They were lovely to work with and did a fabulous job with creating the perfect winter wedding cake!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Courtney B

Our wedding cake turned out gorgeous!! It also tasted amazing and was plenty big enough to feed all of our guests, plus have some extra left over. They really captured the idea we were going for and it was exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Amanda S

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! My experience with the Bethel Bakery was A+ from the beginning. From April of this year when I booked my tasting (the only establishment that would accommodate my working schedule btw) I knew that this was the bakery that I wanted. The cake was... Read More DELICIOUS! It tasted exactly the same as the it did at the tasting and my guests loved it! They were able to work with me in getting the separate cupcakes from the Gluuteny delivered to my reception site. The cake looked amazing, tasted amazing, the staff was amazing. This is the bakery that you want fulfilling your wedding cake orders.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Teresa P

I think that if you're from Pittsburgh, you already know how amazing Bethel Bakery is, and how delicious their desserts are! My experience working with Bethel Bakery was nothing less than super impressive and amazing. My husband and I met with someone from Bethel Bakery twice... Read More before our wedding to design our cake - they were so easy to work with and we could tell how truly passionate they were about wedding cakes. Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't have asked for anything more. We will definitely use them in the future for any event or party for cakes and desserts!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Taylor T

AMAZING bakery! They were easy to schedule an initial meeting with. They helped us pick out a design and colors-we didn't really know what we wanted because Pinterest can be overwhelming! They even worked with our florist because we got real flowers placed on our cake. They... Read More worked with us for a budget friendly option as well. We ordered a three tier cake along with back up cakes that reduced our cost by a few hundred dollars. The cake was delivered without any issues and our cake toppers were placed flawlessly. Everyone loved the pumpkin flavor that we had for our September wedding and said that it was a beautiful design. We also went home without any of the back up cakes, which were different flavors because everyone ate so much!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Rosie C

I am so glad we chose Bethel Bakery for our wedding! We only had to meet once with them to discuss our vision for what we wanted and they outperformed what we expected! Everything was beautiful, tasted great, and was delivered without a hassle. Every member of the staff that... Read More we spoke with were very friendly and willing to do what they could to accommodate us. I highly recommend using Bethel Bakery!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Antonia H

We booked our cake about 1 year in advance with Bethel Bakery. We were planning our wedding from a different state and they were able to squeeze us in for a tasting during one of our visits. We felt so special during the tasting and the cake was super yummy so we immediately... Read More decided to book them! We are so glad we did because our cake turned out exactly how we wanted!! It was gorgeous and tasted amazing! It's going to be super hard to wait until our 1 year to eat the top tier.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kathleen S

Bethel Bakery designed both my bridal shower cake and the groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner. Not only are all of their batters and fillings delicious, but their cake decorating is flawless.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Sara Jane G

Bethel Bakery saved our cake fiasco! We had originally chosen another bakery, but in the time we booked and the wedding, the bakery had closed. She still said she would do our cake, but the communication was poor and wasn't willing to work with us on some details and delivery... Read More times. We also have a family cake stand, so the cake is super important and at the end of the day our original baker didn't prioritize her past commitments. We called Bethel Bakery the Monday before our wedding and they were able to accommodate our wedding cake for that Saturday. I have had Bethel Bakery before, so we skipped the tasting and choose a few flavors and design over the phone. The cake turned out beautiful and tasted delicious. Bethel was so easy to work with. I should have gone with them from the start!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Christine H

the cake was perfect, wonderful guest services

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Ashley V

Bethel Bakery was amazing to work with! Everyone was super friendly, they have the most wonderful customer service, and their cake and cookies were loved by everyone! Our wedding cake turned out better than imagined. We also ordered cookies for the Pittsburgh cookie table, and... Read More they were a huge hit! I cannot recommend Bethel enough!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Danielle M

I was excited to work with Bethel Bakery because of all the great things I've heard about them. This was my first experience ordering through them, and the ordering process, appointments, etc - was an easy task. We had arranged for cupcakes and a small cake on the top for my... Read More wedding recepetion. The reason for my 3 star review, is because I was a little disappointed that there were no "left over boxes". What I mean by this, is at the end of the night, with the left over cupcakes, we were scrambling to find some sort of boxes to put them in to take home. We did mention this when returning the cake stand, and we were told if we needed boxes - it was to be arranged prior to the event. Honestly, I had not even thought about that beforehand; and I would think with all of the money/time we were spending, that it should have been brought up by a consultant at some point. The cake itself tasted great, though. Just not sure if I would use again for a future event.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Lindsey S

Bethel Bakery was great to work with! Our guests loved our wedding cake. We even barely had any leftovers!! From the consultation appointment to the final product we were extremely pleased with Bethel Bakery!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kristen M

Delicious cake and beautiful design. Easy to work with and they made sure that our cake's design didn't melt in the hot August sun since the cake was displayed outside. Everyone loved the taste and the design fit our rustic theme perfectly.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Ambria F

Thank you so much to Bethel Bakery! The cake tasted absolutely amazing and oh so beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Michelle M

We had an overall amazing experience at Bethel Bakery! The cake tasting was extremely helpful and fun, the staff were all super friendly and accommodating, and our entire list of wedding guests couldn't get over how beautiful our cake was. Bethel Bakery is hands down #1 in the... Read More industry!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Rebecca L

Bethel Bakery is known for their desserts and cakes. There is a reason for that! Our wedding cake came out beautiful and delicious. It really was a masterpiece. All of our guests enjoyed the cake and the cookies at our cookie table. They can do it all!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Julie B

I reviewed all of our vendors on theknot.com within 2 weeks of our wedding (which was in January). This was one I waited to write, because it's upsetting every time I think about it. Not only did our cake not look how it was supposed to, it didn't include extra details we paid... Read More for, AND the biggest problem was that it was the wrong color. In fact I asked our wedding photographer to take out all of our cake pictures because they were so hideous. It was mortifying to walk into our reception and see the cake that didn't even match our color scheme (in a very elegant wedding setting). It was very unfortunate, because Bethel Bakery was excited to do the cake I wanted - they had seen the picture before I brought it in and wanted to make that one. It looked nothing like the picture at all. My wedding was perfect, except for the cake!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Christina T

Bethel Bakery was so amazing! I went to check in on what they had to offer & I had a private meeting with Chelsea. She was so sweet! By the time I had left I had customized my wedding cake. The best part was on my wedding day they set it up for me! It looked absolutely AMAZING &... Read More tasted Heavenly. I would recommend Bethel to anyone! It is a little pricy, but worth every penny!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alyssa C

Fantastic job by Bethel Bakery for our wedding! They provided our cake and cookies. The cake was beautiful and even worked with our florist to have fresh flowers on it. Choosing the cake and icing flavors was my favorite part! Everyone raved at how beautiful the cake looked and... Read More even moreso about how it tasted! I would highly recommend using Bethel Bakery!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Amy A

They did an awesome job for our wedding cake!! The design was very elegant plus our guests gave us a lot of compliments regarding the taste. The staff was also wonderful with communicating with us during the planning process and also very accommodating when I changed my mind a... Read More few times. Definitely highly recommend!