Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection

Baltimore, MD

Betsy Robinson's-over 60 years of superior service

Betsy Robinson’s Bridal Collection boasts a comprehensive selection of gowns in every price range, with many lines exclusive in Baltimore/Washington. Your consultant will be among the finest anywhere, whose knowledge, expertise, and quality of service have been recognized industry-wide for many years.

1848 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD

GREAT!

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Shawn D

No complaints! I loved my dress!!! The service was great and everyone was super nice and helpful!

Great consultant with amazing service and lots of dresses to choose from!

Reviewed on 3/12/2014 Becca M

I had such a great experience at Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection. I went there the Friday after Thanksgiving in 2013 and my consultant, Ashley (highly recommend!) helped me along with my mom, matron of honor (sister-in-law), my grandmother and aunt through the entire process.... Read More This was the only place I truly felt like a bride and that I could be involved in the whole process. There was enough room for all of us and Ashley paid so much attention to everything I wanted. After going to a few more places I knew I found the dress from my first visit here and Ashley fit me into her schedule so I could come right over and buy it. Such a great experience, thank you!

Love Betsy's!

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Katie W

Every time I was in Betsy's it was nothing but amazing and fun! Trying on dresses went great and the consultants always make sure you are comfortable with the dressing room and make sure you have everything you need. When I went to get my bridesmaids dresses we were able to try... Read More on several different dresses until we found the exact dress and color we wanted. The alterations went perfect and the moment I mentioned I wanted a seam flattened out the seamstress was all over it pinning and noting things to go over. The dress fit perfectly on the day of thanks to Betsy's and my consultant Kelli!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Katie P

When I started the hunt for a wedding dress I was a bit overwhelmed, especially being new to the area. I took the time to narrow down to a few brands I liked, looked what boutiques in the area had a majority of the brands and ultimately headed to Betsy Robinson’s. My consultant... Read More was so helpful in pulling dresses in the same style I wanted, but also pulled a few wildcards (per my request). I felt that she really had an understanding of what I wanted and I was in the tough position of having to choose between two strong contenders. Throughout my appointment I never felt rushed and really appreciated her opinion. I looked at one other boutique, but their selection for the style I wanted didn’t even compare. I ended up heading back to Betsy Robinson’s, choosing the Persiphone by WTOO (Watters) and couldn’t have been happier with my decision. I did my alterations at Betsy Robinson’s and they did a fantastic job. There was one hiccup where the seamstress sewed the straps together incorrectly, but was nothing that wasn’t easily fixable. The overall budget for alterations was within what my consultant had estimated (in the $400-$600 range). If you want your dress to fit like a glove, you have to pay custom prices and not sure why many people are so surprised with the cost of alterations. In my case I had custom beading that I wanted somebody to take the time and detail to alter and not rush through it. Overall I couldn’t have been happier with Betsy Robinson’s and would definitely recommend them for future brides!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Megan

I had such a great experience finding my wedding dress at Betsy Robinson! My consultant was Ruth, and she was awesome! Super helpful at finding flattering styles and just made the whole process so positive and fun! Looking forward to bridesmaid dress shopping there in the near... Read More future!

An Excellent Choice for Gown Shopping

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Ashley K

I found my gown (Martina Liana) and coordinating bolero (WToo) at Betsy Robinson Bridal and could not have been more pleased with the experience. Ashley was so calm and not remotely pushing during the "shopping" with my mom, sister, and grandmother; we had a great time which,... Read More sadly, was not the case at other salons. Paula was a machine with my alterations- finishing every adjustment from 4 different fittings in less than 6 weeks before my June 2015 wedding. I would highly recommend this salon to any bride-to-be.

Took Forever but Happy I Got What I wanted

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 L'Erin G

So before I was even engaged I knew the dress I wanted and it was sold by the wedding dress company Watters. Once engaged I went on a two month search of any place that was willing to have this dress ordered for me. No one in DC sold this dress and so I found Betsy Robinson's... Read More and asked if they could help. My consultation appointment fairly quick but I spent time trying on dresses I knew I didn't want but that they lady working with me suggested (for my size 16 body). Before it was over though she finally accepted the fact that I wanted this specific dress and came in to have my measurements done. I was told that since I had ordered the dress almost 9 months before our wedding that it would take about 4 months and I would have the dress sooner rather than later. How about almost 7 months later the dress finally shows up and this is after me calling and calling and calling like a crazy person worried the dress wouldn't make it in time. In the meantime - while waiting for the dress - I ordered a custom veil which they said would take a month. How about that took almost 3 months -___-. Alterations weren't really needed which was great. My final appointment I wanted to take my dress home as we live in DC and not anywhere near the shop and they refused to let me have it. They stated that they needed to iron it (my dress had thousands of ruffles)and which I knew was impossible to iron. Either way I got my dress finally a week before the wedding and it was absolutely the best purchase. I love my dress still to this day - it was so amazing. I couldn't have even gotten the dress if it weren't for the team at the store (since my dress was two seasons old). I also had the pleasure of meeting Betsy Robinson herself - who told me that she had never seen a more beautiful dress - I 100% agreed.

Great dress, Expensive alterations

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Mary C

Betsy's has one of the best selection of dresses in the area. The dress I got was a Wtoo/Waters. It was absolutely gorgeous. My sales girl was way too oppinionated - I was having a beach wedding and wanted the train chopped off to which she states "you shouldn't do that, it... Read More will be like just any other dress then." Fortunately, my friend told me not to worry about her opinion and do what I wanted. I ended up having my alterations done elsewhere because Betsy's was going to charge me $500 for just the hem with taking off the train!! The place I ended up taking it to only charge me $400 and that was including the fitting of the bodice. My dress was a beautiful wedding dress even with the sweep train despite what the sales girl at Betsy's thought.

Not Impressed..

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Erin K

My wedding was in October, but I waited a little while to write this review. I was very disapointed with Betsy Robinson and would caution future brides using them especaially for alterations. My first visit was during an Augusta Jones trunk show, had the reprensetatives from... Read More the designer not been there, I would not have puchased the dress. I will say that they do have a great selection of dresses and have tons of trunk shows. I was advised by some friends not to use the alteration services they provide, however I didn't think it would be a big deal and it seemed like the easiest option. I was incorrect. My ininital fitting went fine, the alterations people were not espeically friendly, but that was fine. I went in for numerous fittings and thought we were good to go. My final fitting was the Monday before my wedding, I was anticipating an in an out visit but ended up being there (in tears) for about 4 hours. Things kept getting worse and worse, the employees were uncareing and rude while I was upset with mistakes they caused. They were then extremely unaccomidating when I had to schedule another final fitting later that week. I was told I could come in 2pm Wednesday, and that was my only option. In the end everything with the dress was fixed but it was very stressful and not something anyone should have to deal with. To make up for this they offered me a free preservation, fine at least they were making an effort to make things right. I dropped of the dress to be preserved the 27th of October. By the end of Jan I still hadn't heard anything. I called to check, once, twice, three times! Talked to 3 different people over 2 weeks, left my contact info and was never called back. The 4th time I called I requested a manager, Kim, was finally able to get the information I was looking for. But this just highlights how their customer service is seriously lacking. If you value your sanity DO NOT deal with their alterations department.

Impersonal and rushed

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 christine m

This salon had a huge stock and a nice location. However, the service fell far short of my expectations. My "consultant" was rushed, flustered (presumably from some kind of in-fighting behind the scenes when another consultant took her dressing room and dumped my things back... Read More with my party), and didn't bother to ask me any questions. She let me loose and directed me towards to dresses from the current trunk show. I picked a few out and she guided me to a new room. Basically, all she did was help me in and out of dresses and coo over me in them. "This your dress, yes! You look soo good! 10% off today!" She never offered any suggestions, advice or anything helpful really. Then, when I tried to have a private conversation in the room with my friend, she hung out at the door trying to eavesdrop. We watched her outside the door and waited until she'd actually left before talking. The whole experience was rushed, impersonal, and sorely lacking in any kind of consultation, which is what I really needed. Even if I'd found my dress there, I would have looked elsewhere to buy it. My friend had it right that the salon floor felt like a shark pit, with consultants and others fawning over you, offering insincere flattery. It was just so uncomfortable.

Wedding Gown

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Katie L

Ashley was assigned to me on the day I came into the salon to try on dresses. She was awesome, attentive, and easy to work with! I bought my dress after about 2 hours! Ashley sent me a hand written note in the mail about a week later, which was a very unexpected and beautiful... Read More touch! I highly recommend Betsy Robinson to all of my friends!

Beautiful Dress, but a little frustrating

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Christina

The dress was perfect and I love their salon. The layout makes it much easier to find a dress without being overwhelmed. The staff was always kind and courteous and was able to get me in and out for fittings despite a tight schedule. The only problem I had was that alterations... Read More got expensive very quickly and I didn't usually have a good idea of what they would cost until I was at the counter paying for them. Regardless, it was well worth it. Their seamstress did an awesome job and the dress turned out great.

They did not disappoint

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Nicole I

I purchased my gown more than a year before my wedding. They called me as soon as it came in and all my fitting appointments went great. They are so kind and very professional!

Beyond Satisfied

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Michelle C

My experience with Betsy Robinson's was enjoyable, despite having a few issues with my fittings. Leah was extremely helpful in finding my perfect gown, which happened to be the very first one I tried on (she was THAT good!) I highly recommend Betsy Robinson's Bridal... Read More Collection as they have the most expansive collection and variety out of any bridal shop I went to and had very informative and personable staff.

How dress shopping should be

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Alaina G

I am so happy I went to Betsy Robinson's. It's such a beautiful salon - couches and dresses everywhere- just how a bride-to-be should get to shop. I went in with my mom, not looking for a dress, but getting an idea. I told the consultant my budget (pretty much based off of... Read More what I've seen dresses on TV go for). I did not have to spend that much for a well-known designer gown. The consultant let me pick about 5 dresses that matched what I said I wanted and then 2 wild cards. Of course, I fell in love with the 2 wild cards. I went in just looking, I came out with a dress. The selection was fantastic - they have all the styles of dresses and are on top of the new seasons trends. It was so easy getting appointments for my fittings -I even had an emergency about 1 hour before my appointment, and they squeezed me in same day whenever I could make it. I felt pretty lucky that they would be so flexible. My consultant that day was fun and knowledgeable, the seamstresses did a great job, and I was ecstatic with my dress.

Loved the dress but iffy service

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Kaye P

Betsy Robinson was the only place I dress shopped, as I absolutely loved the dress when I tried it on. The end result fit me perfectly. However, I did have some issues along the way. The dress fit almost perfectly when I initially tried it on, and during my first fitting, and I... Read More still had to come back for 4 fittings. They didn't always alter what they were supposed to, and when they took the bust in a bit with a dart they messed it up and it stuck out at a weird angle. It took 2 fittings for them to fix it. Also, I had to measure for the hem during the initial visit, as it was a scalloped lace bottom. I then chose even higher shoes for the wedding, but the dress ended up about 1 inch too long. I was also taken late for many of my fittings. Unfortunately, I live about 1-1.5 hrs away, so all of these fittings took up a ton of time. If I could do it again, I would look for the same dress at a salon closer to me.

Great when picking out the dress, everything else was a mess.

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Carisa C

The day I picked out my dress was perfect. The first dress we tried on, picked out by the stylist, was perfect. We ended up taking the sash from one dress and combining with the sash from my actual dress. When I got the call for the first fitting, I was so excited and luckily,... Read More the dress fit fairly well except in the bust and length. That's when things started going down hill. They lost the sash from the other dress I loved, so I couldn't see the color to use. Not too bad, just a little disappointing. Then we chose the bridesmaid dresses. The wedding was in August. In the middle of March, I received the first phone call telling me to have bridesmaids submit their measurements and order. A week and a half later, I was receiving daily calls from a woman with a very nasty, raised, accusatory tone, who said if I didn't order NOW, we'd have to pay $50 extra PER DRESS and might not even get them in time. I'm sorry, but a week and a half is NOT enough time for girls to get measurements done, and budget to spend $200 on a bridesmaid dress. These calls should have been spaced out much better with much more clear deadlines. I told the woman that I never was told the dress ordering deadline until just then, at which point she referred me to a single piece of paper from when I ordered my wedding dress almost a year ago. Why not tell your brides when they first select bridesmaid dresses what the ideal deadline, then drop dead deadlines are? Actual dates, not generic date ranges in an old, flimsy brochure. Then, communicate that to the maid of honor handling the dresses. I was told that if I didn't order by the end of March, no way the dresses could come in before the August deadline. Funny, my dresses came in the middle of May! Obviously, the pressure and guilt trip was NOT necessary. Then, the nastiness spread to my bridesmaids, one of whom was told that her measurements COULDN'T be right because no girl has measurements like that. Well guess what? Her dress was perfect and she is beautiful. Needless to say, I picked my dress up, the bridesmaids picked their dresses up, and we never spoke to the people at BR ever again. I hired my own seamstress and she was lovely.

Beautiful dresses!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Elizabeth D

Great dresses, not the best customer service, but ultimately I was very happy with my dress.

Beautiful Gowns & Jewelry, Could Improve on Service

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Alison T

I recently purchased my wedding gown and jewelry from Betsy Robinson's. The day I purchased my gown the service I received was great; the store has a wide selection of varied price gowns and the consultant I had was able to pick out exactly what I liked. After that, a few... Read More things happened that made me unhappy with my decision to use Betsy's - when my jewelry arrived I went in to pick it up and my whole order was wrong - turns out they had just put someone else's order in my jewelry order bag, but could not take the time to go find my correct order while I was there. Instead, I had to come back another time to see that my jewelry did in fact come in correctly (which it did once they found my order). The same day, my wedding dress had come in and I was there with my bridesmaids to pick out their dresses. I did not have an appointment for my gown, just my bridesmaids', and I was told I could not try on my dress because no one could put me into it, even though there was only one other bride there are the time. So, I had to make yet another appointment to try it on. Then, when I had my fittings, I had a belt that was to be sewn onto the dress. After my second fitting, the belt appeared crooked, so I asked to have that fixed. When I came in for my third and final fitting, the belt had not been moved at all from the previous fitting- still crooked. Luckily, they had the seamstress come right out and fix the belt while it was on me (wish they had done that to start with!). In the end, everything turned out perfect and the gown and jewelry were absolutely beautiful and what I had ordered. It just took a few too many headaches to get there!

Loved my dress and Betsy Robinson

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Whitney M

Great experience getting my dress here! All of the staff I worked with were helpful, fun, and never pushy. So many dresses to choose from! Highly recommend.

Great selection and Service!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Kime W

Betsy Robinson Bridal Salon is one of the best in the DC/MD/VA metro area. They have a large selection of dresses at all price points and the staff are great to work with. I recommended for my friends to go here as well and two others also got their gown here. They don't have a... Read More seamstress onsite, but they use a local seamstress (I went somewhere else). I also got my bridesmaid dresses here and recommend that as well. They give a 10% discount for those dresses if you bought your gown with them.

Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Nneka M

The people at Betsy Robinson were so helpful in getting me my dress! The experience around ordering the dress and getting it in was perfect. There was a little frustration with having multiple fittings to fix the same issue over and over again but once it was done it was... Read More perfect.

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Erika Z

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my need for a modest gown....the price, timing of the order etc was perfect!

Almost didn't get my dress in time for the wedding

Reviewed on 3/13/2014 Alexis E

The dress buy process was wonderful and exactly as it should be. Rose, who was the lovely lady who helped me the day I bought the gown was completely wonderful and helpful. However, every encounter after we paid for the dress was progressively worse than the one before. I was... Read More told by rose when I bought the dress that since I wanted specific alterations/additions made for the dress I should come in 3-4 months before the wedding. When I called to make my appointment for my first fitting/alterations consultation I was repeatedly called honey, even though I stated what my name was 3 times, and was told not to come in until 8 weeks before the wedding. I again clarified that I shouldn't come in earlier even though I needed the list of things done and she informed me that 8 weeks was plenty of time. When I arrived at the first fitting, 8 weeks before the wedding, and I discussed what I was hoping to have happen, both the alterations and consultation employee's eyes got big and they then asked me why I didn't come in earlier. They then informed me that since they would have to rush in order to get the items done I wanted, I would either need to pay additional money or forgo some of the alterations/additions. I came back 3 other times for fittings that were just worse and worse and after my last fitting, which they had to do 48 hours before I got on the plane, my dress was ready but still needed to be pressed and they were closing for the night. Luckily, my step father was able to go the next morning while I was at work to pick up my dress so that I could have my wedding dress with me for my destination wedding, which they knew about a year earlier since that was when I bought my dress. The only customer service I got at that point was them offering, at the second to last fitting, to cover the cost of my dress cleaning and preservation. The disappointing thing about all of this is had they just looked at my file when talking to me on the phone or while I was in the store, all of this could have been avoided and I wouldn't have just a negative opinion of this business.

A Lovely Shop

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Diana F

Overall I was very happy with my experience at Betsy Robinson - I'm a plus size bride, and was worried about my options, but was able to find THE dress at a great price.

TO Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection