Beyond Details

Beyond Details believes that food and drink are the traditional foundation of any celebration and a particularly revealing measure of style and hospitality. With our delectable cuisine, making the right selection will be like creating a masterpiece. Call today to set up your complimentary consult.

Cuisine

2114 Main Street, Porterdale, GA Porterdale/Atlanta (770) 784-7001
INSTAGRAM

Scrumpdelicious

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Cookie K

Beyond Details is just that....BEYOND DETAILS. Brandy Dyer let no detail go unattended, and, as a result, the receptions was a touch of paradise. Guests are still talking about how scrumptious the food was not to mention the over-the-top displays. From the moment you meet... Read More Brandy, you will immediately feel at ease and comfortable in turning your reception over to Beyond Details. I would highly recommend and encourage any bride to engage Beyond Details as the caterer for their special event.

wedding caterer

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 caryn b

LOVED THE FOOD! It was so awesome and yummy! They did such a fantastic job and I cannot say good enough things about them!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Claudia D

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kelly C

My wedding was on the books for 3 years with the Cotton warehouse, and to be honest, I'm so lucky we had a longer engagement that let me get to plan with them longer! Our wedding day was perfect, every last detail was taken care of beyond my expectations. Kaylyn and her staff... Read More did a fantastic job, and every one was so professional. We did our design and floral design with Beyond Details and they really knocked my expectations out of the park. Working with Jakob on the design was a fun process and he really brought my vision to life. Beyond Details also provided our catering which was top notch! They made my husband and I plates and made sure we were well fed and hydrated through out the event. I enjoyed every minute of my wedding and the planning leading up to it, and I wish I could do it all again! Would highly recommend brides or grooms out there looking for a venue space, to consider them and the other Beyond Details event spaces.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kaylyn H

Where to begin...I am still dreaming about my wedding at The Mill at Yellow River. It was absolutely stunning! From my place-settings to my centerpieces I had a lot of details going on, but the Beyond Details team made sure that nothing was missed. I wouldn't have gotten through... Read More this wedding planning process without their fantastic customer service. I had a million questions, and I never felt like a burden to anyone. That alone was such a relief and very refreshing. If you love dessert, they have the best mini cheesecakes, strawberry cake, and lemon pound cake! We had a sit-down dinner and everything was flawless, and the food was amazing. I have been to plenty of weddings, and the food does not even compare. I am still getting compliments on how delicious the food was. I even have guests asking me if they can get a recipe... lol FYI the carrot soufflé is a must! The contract was a little long, but they make it very detailed to ensure you know what's going on. As long as you read the ENTIRE contract you should not have a problem!  Jakob is one of the most talented floral designers EVER! I told him to use his creativity on my wedding and he did just that. I showed him a couple of things that I liked, but I really wanted something different and unique and he went above and beyond!! Advice to future brides: If you want something spectacular, let him run with his ideas and you will not be disappointed. The waitstaff/bartenders were also GREAT! They were very professional and had amazing attitudes towards my guests. Again, the customer service was out of this world.   I cannot recommend Beyond Details and The Mill at Yellow River enough!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Meagan J

The flowers and decor were beautiful! All of the food was great! The crab cakes were a favorite! Our wedding was perfect! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Megan E

We fell in love with this venue the second we saw it. From the old fashion rustic architecture style the garden right next to the river and the waterfall. They have amazing rooms for the bride and groom for the wedding party to get ready in and the guys get an Xbox to pass the... Read More time while they're waiting on the girls to finish. They have incredible communication skills always get back to you about questions quickly and they are all super sweet! 10 out of 10 would recommend it to anyone! ❤️

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelli m

Beyond details did an outstanding job on our October wedding. The props for the reception were wonderful, the food was amazing, and the florals were beautiful. Our coordinator was the best thing ever. Everyone there is very patient and helpful in making sure that everything you... Read More choose flows and comes together nicely. Beyond Details literally went beyond the details for us. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted it to be!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle D

We visited The Cotton Warehouse for possible reception venue for my daughter’s August 2016 wedding. We loved it the minute we walked in and it wasn’t even decorated at that time. Todd and Jakob were both kind and wonderful to work with; however, Kaylyn Hinz was amazing! She... Read More was always very responsive to all of my questions, concerns, and walked me through my first child’s wedding reception. They helped me and my husband to give our daughter an incredible wedding reception. They took care of everything and I was able to truly enjoy the evening. Beyond Details also provided the catering for the sit down dinner and the FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. Beyond Details made her reception absolutely perfect. We continue to receive compliments on both the venue and the food. It does get expensive the more options you choose but we certainly do not regret our choice(s). I would recommend The Cotton Warehouse and Beyond Details to anyone looking for a perfect wedding and reception or for any event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laura U

Beyond Details does a phenomenal job with all their roles - food, flowers, and decorations. Beyond their tasks, they helped me establish and execute my own vision for the big day and they have taken such good care of us - always available and checking in. Our THREE month... Read More engagement was nearly stress free; thank you Beyond Details!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Alix H

I had 7 months to plan a massive wedding and had no idea what i was doing or how to even do it... with a little ADD, running my own business and being a mommy trying to plan a wedding i would get overwhelmed and freak out.. Kaylyn was there every step of the way helping me... Read More plan a beautiful wedding. Even if she sent me 5 emails and i never responded (im terrible at that) she would find a way to get in touch with me so i wouldnt miss out in anything or panic over details. Jakob (the owner) was absolutely amazing with helping me make decisions. He has a wonderful personality, always making me laugh, serious when he needs to be and his whole goal is to make sure your wedding is perfect.. The food... holy moly of all the food gods.. it was AWESOME. All 267 guests at my wedding were in awe of the food. I have had plenty that asked me to get them a recipe for the meatloaf meatballs. So when its time to do the food tasting, go hungry, you dont want to quit eating... All this being said: this is the place to book your wedding. If you want people that care about you and your day, with a beautiful venue and amazing food.. THE MILL AT YELLOW RIVER is the place to go.. I kind of want to work there just one day a week to hang out with Kaylyn and Jakob now.. im going to miss their spunky selves 😆😆

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erin W

Beyond details was our caterer and florist for our wedding. The arrangements and centerpieces turned exactly the way I had envisioned. Also, everyone loved the food! However, we had so many leftovers and they did not save them for us. They just threw them away without asking... Read More while everyone was cleaning up at the end of the night. When you spend that kind of money, it not only feels like a waste, but like you've been robbed. And, as the bride and groom, being so busy mingling and thanking guests for coming, we barely got to enjoy any for ourselves. Common courtesy would have been to set aside a box of leftovers for your customers or at least ask them what they would like to do with the leftovers.

2016-09-14T17:07:56 Response from the vendor

Hey Erin! I am super happy that your flowers and food were lovely. We did have to-go food and make containers for you to take. Your planner stated that she did not get them into your get- away car in time so she was going... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/30/2016

You can never go wrong with the food from Beyond Details. My event was in June 2016 and my guests are still talking about the food. Everything was great. Lisa Wust was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing. We changed things around (including the date) so... Read More many times and Lisa was very accommodating. I emailed, called and bothered Lisa so much. She did not complain and helped us with every detail. I truly enjoyed Beyond Details and loved working with Lisa. If you are looking for a great caterer, Beyond Details is the way to go.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

We were married at The Cotton Warehouse in Monroe, GA in May 2016. Our catering and wait staff was provided by Beyond Details, and we also opted for some extra props, linens, etc that were coordinated through Beyond Details. We were unbelievably happy with the end result on our... Read More wedding day! Everything that had been planned and discussed throughout our long engagement was ultimately executed at our wedding. The food was incredible, and guests were so impressed with the selection. All wait staff and bartenders were very kind and attentive. Their prop selection was perfect for our event and really brought the entire wedding to another level. Because we were engaged and had the venue and catering booked for about a year and a half, we had a few different coordinators and points of contact. At times this could get confusing, but I would believe this to be a rare case. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with Beyond Details and all members of their staff!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Val S

Where do I start? I should start by thanking Todd, Jakob, Nancy and Kaylyn, plus all the set up and clean up staff that made my daughter, Megan and a new son-in-law Kyle Edwards wedding day so perfect! Since day one it has been a terrific experience! From our planning... Read More meetings, to the tasting ( my favorite part ) to the actual wedding day, we received the best service and attention! From the florals and GORGEOUS arbor design to the fantastic food and service we were blown away! "Beyond details" is the perfect name for this great team of individuals! They worked so hard to make this the most special day for my family and we are so grateful! Thank you from the Schuitema clan 😊

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Cat B

There is a reason Beyond Details has won so many awards for their outstanding service! I was able to experience this for myself just this past April when I worked with Jakob and Kaylin. My wedding was beyond what I thought would be possible and completely exceeded my... Read More expectations. I can't get over how flawlessly they put the food and decorations together and how well they treated not only me and my husband, but all of my family and friends. They make everything so incredibly easy and went above and beyond for us. All I can say is WOW- I feel so very blessed to have met you all and worked with you! You made my special day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Lyndsay S

Beyond Details... Where do I begin? AMAZING!!!! The food was absolutely fabulous. We had people talking about the food for weeks!!!! The floral and linens etc.. that Jakob did were out of this world!!! I still look back at the pictures and I just can't believe that I was lucky... Read More enough to have this beautiful of a wedding!!!! Everyone talked about it for weeks..just gorgeous!!!! I can not say enough about Beyond Details and how wonderful they are!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Sarah T

Perfection! That is exactly what Beyond Details is! They think of everything! The food was incredible, the design was gorgeous! I am so happy we chose to work with them!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

We were thrilled with the amazing weddings Jakob Garner (owner of The Mill at Yellow River and Beyond Details-decorative/floral/culinary arm of the venue) created for our 2 daughters over 2 1/2 years. Yes, we were a repeat customer!! Our older daughter, Stephanie, was married at... Read More the Mill in 2014. She wanted an elegant, beautiful and romantic look and Beyond Details delivered!!! The ceremony was held outdoors in the beautiful garden area that fronts into the Yelliw River. The red brick facade of the Mill was the perfect backdrop. The flowers were lovely in shepherd's hooks hanging on the aisles. The couple were married under a beautiful wooden arbor. Cocktail hour was outdoors in the brick patio decorated with lanterns. Dinner was inside the Mill. Long tables were spectacularly decorated with beautiful florals, candles and votives. Cafe tea lights and cream linen long drapes were strung across the ceiling thought to create a romantic, magical aura. The salad was preplaced. The menu consisted of: filet mignon, stuffed tilapia, twice-baked potatoes, squash casserole, and bacon-wrapped green beans. The food was absolutely outstanding. Guests raved about everything. There was plenty of room for a dance floor and the band at one end. Everything was perfectly executed. It was definitely an affair to remember. And so, it was only natural that when our younger daughter became engaged, we would seek Jakob out, once again, to help us create another perfect wedding!! This time, we wanted to "change it up" and create a glamorous yet rustic"feel" to the wedding. Jakob and his very talented staff did another phenomenon al job. The couple was married inside amidst a stunning display of golden branches, crystal orbs with tea lights, cafe lights, cream linen drapery, large iron floor lanterns with candles, flower petals strewn along the wedding aisle, and a dramatic front altar area with floor to ceiling drapes flanked by birch stakes. It looked like a scene from The Great Gatsby. Cocktail hour was outdoors on the brick patio. Butlers passed o'er d'heuvres and bar tenders seamlessly filled guests orders. Dinner was indoors and the Beyond Details staff "flipped" the room to create an absolutely stunning visual fit for royalty. Long tables were outfitted in champagne linens with glitzy gold table runners. Cafe lights, golden branches and tea kit orbs ran throughout the room. The lighting was soft and warm and along with the large lanterns on the tables created a magical event. Tall glass vases with gilded Chinese sticks and hydrangeas completed the table decor. The menu was: filet mignon, crab cakes, twice baked potatoes, green beans with almonds, squash casserole and a huge display of desserts (key lime pie, cheesecake with strawberries, banana pudding, chocolate mousse cake) were served I large martini glasses. The dance floor was accented by a "club/bistro" seating area. Everything about this wedding was excellent and well- thought out. I cannot express how happy we were with both weddings. I would recommend, WITHOUT HESITATION, Jakob, Todd, Kaylyn, and the rest of this outstanding staff to anyone who is looking to create a statement memory event. These people are tremendously talented and caring. And the best part of all this?? We became GREAT friends with all of them!!! You can't do better than this venue or this group for your wedding/event!!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Jordan B

Beyond Details is an excellent catering and coordinating company. We used Beyond Details for our December 2015 wedding, and I couldn't be happier. The food at our reception was incredible, and the guests loved it! We chose tomato soup shooter and grilled cheese hors d'oeuvres,... Read More which were a huge hit! Our dinner of prime rib, corn souffle, green bean almondine, and roasted new potatoes was incredible. We have some leftovers, and I ate them for days after the wedding. So good! We purchased a credit at the "Found" store, and the props we chose were just perfect. Beyond Details also provided a GORGEOUS hanging aisle arrangement of branches and orb lights which wowed our guests (and me!). EVERYONE who came to the wedding or saw photos after have said it was just breathtaking! Thank you, Beyond Details!!

Absolutely perfect flowers/catering/coordinator

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Stephanie F

The flowers were beyond my expectation, they were gorgeous and Karrah was so great to work with, very flexible. She did a phenomenal job. We also used Brandy Dyer for our coordinator and she was beyond amazing. SOOO worth every penny. She met with us several times to get the... Read More details worked out and was emailing our other vendors to make sure everyone was ready for the big day. On our wedding day, I never heard of any issues and she just took care of everything. We had 2 plates of food waiting for us after our first dance. I cannot say enough good things about Brandy, she was truly amazing and I recommend her for anyone getting married in Nashville. We used beyond details for our catering too and it was so delicious. Wedding food can be tough because its produced in mass quantities but this was really amazing and our guests loved it. They have so many options and we switched a bunch of items to get the budget right and Brandy was so patient with us. Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Trisha H

Beyond Details was great for our wedding! Brandi worked with us and our budget and created the best experience we have with what we wanted to pay! The food was awesome and the staff were all so friendly! I would definately reccommend anyone go with Beyond Details for an... Read More amazing experience!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

Our experience with them was awful. BEWARE. In the contract you sign it states you can't give bad reviews. But no worries they have no problem breaching a contract. You will just have to replan your entire wedding. I have never heard of that happening before but have since... Read More heard about their reputation and business practices.

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Kimberly D

They made my wedding fabulous! Beyond Details paid attention to the details, made our wedding day design reflect our (me and my husband) personality, and were wonderful to work with. Tim and Jakob were flexible with our needs, were passionate about their job and obviously cared... Read More about making my day perfect for me. My wedding was in March and I still receive comments about how gorgeous things were and how awesome the food was. The food was DELICIOUS! I am so glad that we worked with Beyond Details. I will never forget our day and the love that was put into making it special.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Kelsey B

My husband and I were married at The Mill at Yellow River in November of 2014. The experience we had working with Beyond Details was better than we could have imagined. Jakob and his staff took the time to really listen to what we had envisioned for our wedding and reception.... Read More They worked within the parameters of our budget to provide delicious food we could be proud to serve out guests. Wedding food is often underwhelming, even at the swankiest of receptions. However, people are still raving about the food at our reception (especially the mini grilled cheeses and tomato soup shots at our cocktail hour and the squash casserole at dinner). The food was served piping hot (not always the case at receptions I have been to in the past) and our guests left full and more than satisfied! Thank you, Beyond Details! We will continue to recommend them to anyone and everyone!