Greatest Value in Boston

With mouthwatering food, unrelenting service and an award-winning, industry- leading team, BG Events and Catering provides unparalleled attention to craft a celebration to remember. BG's wedding team loves to work with couples to design the most amazing, unique and stunning menus and celebrations in all of Boston!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

31 Antwerp Street, Boston, MA (617) 581-1150

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amanda B

My husband and I highly recommend BG Events and Catering. We were married in May 2016 at the Waterworks Museum in Boston. The Waterworks Museum works with several catering companies and BG was the first I reached out to. Denise spent almost an hour on the phone with me. She... Read More listened and answered my questions and I knew immediately she would make our day something very special. Throughout the planning process Denise, Ken, and Caitlin met with my parents, husband and I to create a day that was truly "us" and a day we would never forget. The decor, flowers, and center pieces were perfect. The food was unique, delicious and met the needs of our vegan and vegetarian guests. Denise, Ken, Caitlyn, and the entire BG staff worked tirelessly planning, preparing, and catering to our guests to ensure my husband and I could enjoy our day. Denise and Caitlin thought of everything. We could always reach out to BG by phone or email and receive a prompt reply. If you are looking to work with a caring committed team we highly recommend BG. They gave my husband and I a truly unique and personalized wedding full of delicious food, gorgeous flowers, and a stress free day.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Elizabeth W

My new husband is a numbers-guy, and he made us consider several catering companies before landing on BG Catering. Well, we're sure glad we did our homework because this team blew us away! The all-inclusive services they provided were reasonably priced and excellent quality... Read More (catering, florist, day-of organization, day-of staff, equipment rentals, etc.). They easily saved me the 100+ hours of work it would have been to organize a wedding on my own, and they were responsive, flexible, practical, and respectful of the agreed-upon bottom line. While those qualities make them great, what makes BG exceptional is the personal relationship they built with my husband and me. From our first meeting, Ken, Denise, and Caitlin made an effort to get to know us. And not just, say, our favorite colors and cake flavors, but real stuff: how we met, what we love to do, our family and background, etc. They built a connection with us that allowed them to custom create a very personal menu (e.g., appealing to our Southern roots with favorites like "fancy" BBQ, chicken & waffles, bread pudding with bourbon sauce). I always felt comfortable reaching out, and they were happy to collaborate/brainstorm with me when I changed my mind on the details about a dozen times after each decision (e.g., to seat or not to seat, two stations or three). We felt like we knew them, and they knew us, so we could trust them to make the right calls on our big day (which they did...my wedding had no hitches or hiccups). I really didn't realize they are working with other couples, because they spent so much time getting to know us. It was truly a treat to work with Denise, Caitlin, and Ken, and I will reach out to them again in a heartbeat if I ever get the opportunity to host a similar event (no more weddings though -- my husband is awesome!). Best of luck to all brides, grooms, and families out there planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

My wife and I can't say enough about BG Events and Catering. Out of all of our vendors, BG Events was the best! Not only did they take the stress out of the whole planning process but were beyond helpful on our wedding day. If you hire BG Events, don't bother with a "day of"... Read More coordinator because Denise and Caitlin do it all. Ken and Denise listened to every little detail and executed our vision flawlessly. We received endless compliments about the food as well. We had a first tasting before booking with BG, another a couple of weeks before the wedding with our entire menu, and the food on the wedding day for all 150+ people was as good if not better for the tasting. Generally, its nearly impossible to plate delicious food for 150+ people but BG did it! Their food and service is top notch and at an affordable price. You will not go wrong with BG Events. We've already recommended them to our friends and will certainly continue to do so!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Jenna T

We had a great experience with Denise and the team at BG Events. They catered our wedding at the Waterworks Museum and took care of every detail. We got to have two tastings, a dedicated event planner, and the team was so responsive, organized, and professional. Not only did... Read More they provide amazing food and gorgeous linens and furniture rentals, the event staff was great and they took care of every detail. We had amazing flexibility with our menu and got everything we and our guests could have wanted, from appetizers to an upgraded coffee and dessert bar. They also recommended our wedding band, Them Apples Band, and they were the best! Thanks so much to the whole team for a great event! Everything we could have wanted :)

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Anne M V

What a beautiful day it was at Hammond Castle, such an amazing location and perfectly catered by BG. BG took care of everything: table arrangements, reception, food, bar and the cake! Denise made it all work within the budget we gave her. Denise is flexible and will assist what... Read More ever you like. For example, I took care of putting the decoration pieces together myself, which BG placed on the dining tables. Time wise, we contacted BG in begining of June 2017 and our wedding was end September 2017 and everything worked out with - even no stress from my end. That says something about Denise and her teams experience getting things done the right way. To bad you only get married once.., happy to work with BG again!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Michele C

Working with BG Events and Catering was a thoroughly frustrating experience, but it did not start out that way. When I first contacted Denise, we had a great phone call and set up an initial meeting. During that first meeting, we established a) a budget, b) a gluten-free menu... Read More proposal (my husband has Celiac), and c) a general concept - we wanted more of a cocktail party than a wedding reception (no procession, first dances, or speeches). When we received the contract, it accurately reflected what we had discussed at that first meeting, so we signed and put down a deposit. From that point on, however, things took a turn for the worse. Below are a few of the highlights: BG does not take allergies seriously - When we went for our tasting, Denise did not know whether the food was gluten-free. She had to ask the chef, and it turned out that there were two dishes that contained wheat flour. BG does not have transparent pricing - After we signed the contract, Denise suggested adding an additional table and linen, but did not tell us that there would be an additional cost. We later received an invoice for $39. BG prides itself on owning all of their equipment so that their clients do not need to rent each individual item. Also, the same table was priced at only $8.75 on our final invoice. BG also offers lighting packages, but again, the pricing is not transparent. We were initially told that lighting would cost about $40 per light. We were later offered a lighting package (but were never told how many lights it included) that was originally priced at $1000, but discounted to $400. When we said that we did not want the entire lighting package, we were charged $70 per light. BG does not take their clients’ wishes seriously - Denise continually requested information that did not apply to our event which revealed that she did not respect what we wanted for this event. She requested processional information 7 different times (we did not have a processional), she tried to arrange time for speeches during our rehearsal causing a lot of unnecessary confusion (we did not have any speeches), and she kept asking for contact information for vendors that we did not have. BG does not respect items the client has paid for - At the actual event, the food was delicious, and everyone had a great time. The night went smoothly, and I only have one complaint: the wait staff were very aggressive about clearing both dishes and drinks. Multiple guests reported that alcoholic drinks were cleared before they were even half empty (which, with an open bar, means that we had to pay for alcohol that was thrown out). Other guests reported that multiple staff members tried to clear children’s meals before they were finished. Since we only had 10 children’s meals at our event, for the 10 children who attended, this was especially problematic as children’s food was not available at the buffet . All in all, working with BG was a nightmare. They made things more difficult than necessary, we felt like we were being taken advantage of, and I would not recommend them to anyone.

2017-04-26T18:10:09 Response from the vendor

Michele, I truly loved getting to know you and Dan and thoroughly enjoyed our time together during our planning journey. That said, I am shocked and saddened by the overall tone of your review. I reached out and called you immediately, to listen. Everything seemed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jessica D

If I could rate more than 5 stars, I would. The team at BG Events is unlike any other. They are genuine, caring, funny, and SUPER PROFESSIONAL! When we were searching for wedding caterers, they were the only company that wanted to meet with us in person. They wanted to get to... Read More know us, understand our vision and our love of food. They treated us to cheese and wine and made us feel very welcomed and taken care of. Their prices were very fair compared to their competitors who offered less for more. The team at BG Events helped us through every step of our wedding. They were there for us when we had any question, day or night. They helped me to choose decor, lent us pieces that they thought we would love, and tried to help us save money once final costs were being added in. They never pushed us to spend more. They always put our wants before anything else. Oh, and I haven't even mentioned how incredible their chefs are - their food is just amazing and is presented so beautifully! I cannot say enough about BG Events. I am one of 3 sisters, and all 3 of us are going to use/have used BG for our weddings!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Patrick R

BG catered our wedding and it turned out fantastic. We got nothing but rave reviews for the food and decor. If you have a vision for your perfect wedding and a little something in your bank account, BG can make it happen!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

BG Events and Catering delivered more than we imagined! On the evening of the rehearsal dinner, they came to the rescue and a hearding our family and friends through a complicated ceremony. On the day of the wedding we had so many moving parts -- buses, venue transformations,... Read More jumping on a sail boat, and have our friends build a structure in front of our guests! BG was able to make everything EVERYTHING go so smoothly and perfectly. We had delicious food, a great wedding flow, beautiful tables and overall a magical wedding weekend. Thanks!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Liz D

We had the pleasure of working with BG Events & Catering at our wedding last month. They are truly experts in the catering and event planning business and pulled our wedding off without a hitch. We worked most closely with Denise, Ken, and Caitlin and all were so accommodating... Read More and creative throughout the planning process. We met with their team several times over our ~18 month engagement and were consistently impressed with how seamless their services are. While many of their competitors are caterers only, BG is truly a one-stop shop. Our venue (The Charles River Museum of Industry) required us to bring in our own rentals, bar, cutlery, etc. which was daunting at first. We expected to have to work with a caterer, a rental company, a florist, a bartending service, a cake person, and an event planner. When we met with BG, we discovered that they do that themselves – and they do it well! I know everyone says this but honestly, the food was the best wedding food I’ve ever tasted and the guests were raving about it all night and to this day (in fact, they ate us out of EVERYTHING which is a testament to the quality). In terms of the service, the bartenders were professional and fun and the wait staff were attentive and accommodating. Ilona did our flowers and they were perfect. She was creative in finding ways to work within our budget and the final product was so beautiful – I even got my peonies and orchids on a limited budget because she was creative in other ways. BG has a backup for every situation and seamlessly accommodated a late “surprise” (AKA uninvited) guest without blinking an eye. Denise was supposed to cover the rehearsal and wedding but had an unexpected and understandable family emergency. When she called to tell me, if it was any other vendor, I’d have panicked but knowing Ken was there to cover, I wasn’t concerned at all. They communicate the ins and outs of each event so well to each other in advance, he knew every last detail of the timeline and plan and had drinks and food for us while we had photos taken. To top it off, despite a family emergency, Denise still made arrangements to get to the event to ensure everything was running smoothly. Caitlin and her team did a wonderful job setting up the venue – they flipped the room so quickly, I’m pretty sure they’re actually magicians! I can’t go on enough about what a great decision it was to hire BG. The value per dollar with them is so much higher than any of the competitors we looked at and they removed all the stress and logistics that can go into hosting a wedding.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Jennifer M

BG was such a pleasure to work with. We found ourselves without a caterer a few months before the wedding and as you can imagine we were somewhat stressed. Denise was wonderful and helped put our minds at ease that they could help us make our wedding exactly what we wanted. I... Read More can't say enough about how Denise, Tiffany and Ken helped to save the day and helped us to plan not only the food but the whole ambiance of our wedding. They were meticulous looking into each detail and executing it perfectly. We loved working with them and certainly would in the future!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Julie R

My wife and I cannot recommend BGE highly enough. At the beginning of our work together, they made it clear they wanted to enhance our vision for our wedding, not simply provide us with a standard set of choices, as so many caterers do. The entire team at BGE was sensitive to... Read More our needs, helped us create a unique variety of menu items tailored to the diverse needs/tastes of our guests, and delivered-- big-time-- at our reception. A week rarely goes by when one of my friends doesn't make a remark about how amazing the food at our reception was….. And BGE ran the reception itself perfectly, managing a great balance between keeping things well-timed and under control, and unobtrusiveness. These folks are worth every penny. I'd unhesitatingly recommend them to anyone. They will make your event even more memorable.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

My fiancée' and I were told to call BG Events and Catering by my mother. My mother attended a wedding of a coworkers son last year and BG catered the wedding. She was so impressed and insisted that CJ and I call to set up an appointment to go in. We left a message and in less... Read More than an hour Denise called us back. Denise told us everything that BG could do for us from the food, rentals, floral (Iona's amazing!) and even wedding planning service. CJ and I went in the next week and met with Denise. She asked us what we envisioned for our day and told us how BG could help us accomplish our vision. Not once did we ever feel pressured, but felt like we were in good hands and with people who genuinely wanted to help us. Over the next 7 months we met with Denise and Caitlin for site visits, design meetings and our tasting. We always felt like they were their to listen and provide us with solid advice. Caitlin helped us with our floor plan and always responded promptly to any of our many, yes, sorry Caitlin, many questions. The week of our wedding they really took the pressure of CJ and I as we felt overwhelmed with guests flying in, rehearsals and all the last minute details every couple experiences. Denise and Caitlin contacted our vendors, ran our rehearsal and put our minds at ease. (Denise even gave us her cell phone number the week of our wedding, just in case I felt stressed and needed to call or text her) I never called, but it was reassuring just to know I could. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect... we were treated like royalty all day, we always new what was happening next. Our reception room was so beautiful, it was everything we wanted and more! The food and service was amazing, I heard over and over again how it didn't taste like "wedding food" and how friendly the servers were. I couldn't imagine our day being any better, thank you Denise, Caitlin and the entire team at BG that made our day so unforgettable. Carley & CJ

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

My husband and I carefully chose BG for a few reasons: they shared in the excitement of our wedding vision, presented an organized plan for our wedding and provided exquisite food and drink samplings. Planning your wedding is one of the most exciting but stressful life events... Read More you will encounter. The BG team put our minds at ease throughout the entire process. They were always available to listen, suggest and provide genuine positivity which made us feel so comfortable and confident. BG - Ken, Denise, Caitlyn and their entire team brought our vision to life so beautifully - our New Years' Eve Wedding Extravangza was all we envisioned and more down to every detail from the specialty cocktails to the gorgeous dessert display. They really worked with us to tailor the event to our taste and needs. We feel anyone would be fortunate to work with such a creative, intuitive and professional team as BG - they are tops in our book! Thanks BG! 😀 - Dan & Bob

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

We have nothing but positive feedback when it comes to BG! We did our research leading up to choosing BG and it was a no-brainer that they were going to work to stay in our budget without compromising the look and feel of our big day. Denise was our event planner and from the... Read More very beginning she was attentive to what we were visualizing, respectful of our budget, and made herself accessible to us throughout the planning process. She met with us several times leading up to the wedding and treated us like VIP's every time! We were able to bounce ideas off of her and get opinions on anything wedding related. Denise was assisted by Caitlin leading up to our wedding and then Tiffany came in for the week of the wedding. The two of them were also very helpful in the planning process and really took charge when we needed them too. This trifecta brought our whole vision to life! BG was also super receptive to adding personal touches, including setting up our personal handmade decor and our wedding cake made by our sister-in-law. No extra cost or headache came along with this, which isn't always the case. They truly work to make your day just that - your day! BG makes your wedding day their priority and bring in all the staff to make your wedding day your kind of perfect. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't be more thankful for BG to making it go off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Erica G

Just perfection throughout. Denise and Ken made us feel like we were the only couple they were working with everyday leading up to our wedding. Exceptional attention to detail, and translated our vision into a reality. The event design blew us away! Great one stop shop for food,... Read More florals, and planning. Truly a gem! Thank you BG!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Fernando A

BG did a fantastic job at our wedding! Denise and Ken along with their top notch team, help realized our very untraditional wedding reception! They helped us throughout the entire process of the wedding planning, and the food...Amazing!! We had quite the eclectic variety of food... Read More options from latin, Asian, and traditional new England comfort food. They knocked everything out of the park both with the décor and the food! Most importantly, they were very good in sticking to out budget. I very highly recommend them! You won't regret going with them!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Wow! I cannot say enough about this wedding planner. My nephew got married last summer, and BG Events did the wedding. The China, the flowers, the spectacular food , the specialty cocktails, and most importantly, the spectacular staff were alll a one in a million find.... Read More Denise was my sister's wedding planner. My sister got to know her well and adored her. She said Denise was, patrician and refined, yet earthy and fun. There was someone named ken who she said was like the wedding planner in "Father of the Bride" but with more sense. I know there were plenty of other team members who were dedicated to this wedding from the beginning. If I lived in Boston, I would look nowhere else.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We recently attended a wedding of the children of close friends. BG Events and Catering did the wedding. They did a great job. The food was delish. The decorations were classy with a capital C. The staff was very experienced: They were there when you needed them and never... Read More in the way at any moment -- kinda like they could anticipate what would happen. I think their head person was named Denise. She was really good. Definitely a pro. Tall and good looking and in control, but in a good way. I almost never write reviews, but this wedding was so well done, that I just had to.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Steve K

After meeting with 4 other caterers, we heard about BG from two our friends who had used them in 2013. I can't say enough about good things about them! They're not just caterers, they do it all. Denise and Ken are so great to work with. From the moment we walked in for our... Read More initial meeting, Denise made us feel like she had everything under control, and she really did! She guided us through the whole process,and ensured a seamless wedding. The food was first rate, the design and decor were amazing. Caitlin and her staff were professional and courteous. Chef Jonathan was passionate and enthusiastic about our menu, and everyone raved about his delicious food. Great people - Great service - Great wedding! They are the best!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Marc M

BG Events and Catering went above and beyond for my husband and I in all ways as we prepared for our August 2015 wedding. Not only were they a great deal in comparison to a number of other area event caterers, but from day one they did everything in their power to make our... Read More vision a reality. They are a full service caterer - including decor, flowers, tastings, set up/break down and the full menu for the evening in their price. Also, and most importantly, they pair you with an outstanding event coordinator who helps to organize every detail and ensure the day of the event goes off smoothly! Every person we worked with at BG was so kind, caring and helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they do everyday. We specifically worked with Ken, Denise, and Tiffany who were all amazing and consistently made us feel like we were in great hands. Our wedding day was organized and absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious and everyone raved about it, the decorations were stunning and exactly what we had hoped for, and Denise, Ken, Tiffany and the entire staff (waiters, bartenders, etc) made sure we were taken care of all night and that our guests were happy. I really can't imagine our wedding without them and would recommend them to anyone. They take great pride in their events and make personal connections with their clients, they are truly masters of what they do and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Erin B

BG is so much more than just a caterer, although the food and desserts were amazing! Denise was our event planner and she was incredibly helpful. Not only did BG set up all our ceremony chairs and materials but they also attended our rehearsal and helped us choreograph our... Read More entire ceremony. They coordinated the wedding day timeline with all vendors which made the day run smoothly. Our guests were raving about the food and we definitely found time to sample everything ourselves- delicious! I would hire them again in a second!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

My husband and I didn't quite know what we wanted our wedding reception to be beyond a reflection of us - casual, comfortable and fun. It can be an overwhelming event to plan and the team at BG Catering was the best partner we could have imagined. Though they weren't technically... Read More our "wedding planners" - they really did much more than just provide our catering and furniture. Denise, Tiffany and Ken helped us envision what the space at the Waterworks Museum in Boston could be. They took time to get to know us as a couple through multiple in-person meetings and phone calls (including walk throughs and tastings). We felt like we had the undivided attention of BG even though there were other clients to tend to. They gave us a recommendation based on our taste/preference for a DJ company (which we hired and loved) and we used their florist to spruce up the tables. They had great suggestions and worked with our budget in every way. I'd describe our reception as elevated cocktail style (no assigned seating, cocktail hr w/passed food, and food and dessert stations) and were fully engaged in deciding the floor plan and decor details. Sourcing our furniture through them gave us plenty of options and we ended up with interesting, long wooden tables for family-style seating. Denise acted as the "day of" go-to so we didn't have to worry about a thing and helped keep the night on track in terms of vendor communications and scheduling of when first dances, speeches and guest bus pick ups were to occur. The food was phenomenal - with everyone raving over the lobster rolls during cocktail hour and the mac 'n cheese station over dinner. We had an enormous spread of food - more so than other vendors would have provided when we requested quotes based on our budget. The waitstaff was incredible taking care of our guests which was more work than if we had a sit-down and timed dinner. They were all personable and made an impression on our guests. More than anything - Denise, Ken, and the BG team were genuinely excited to be a part of our day. We could lean on them for advice but never felt pressured to commit to anything that didn't feel natural to us. Our wedding reception turned out to be the best night of our lives and much of the credit goes to BG Events & Catering. They followed up with us after our honeymoon to return a few items we left behind and congratulate/wish us luck with a champagne toast at their office. Truly great people in this industry for the right reasons. We'd work with them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend if you're looking for a partner in planning your big day.

Great Job with Non-traditional Reception

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Liz B

BG was great to work with - especially since I did not want a traditional reception and they pulled it off. We wanted a cocktail party with lots of passed food that would be in high enough volume that it would replace a sit down dinner. BG helped us plan out the night so that... Read More food was always coming out and everything was delicious. They also did full coordination with the band, venue, and florist. They were responsive throughout the planning process and were respectful of our budget. Our guests raved about the food and everyone was happy that there was such a variety and that they could eat as much or as little at a time as they wanted because they knew more was always coming. My only minor complaint was the liquor; I learned later that we ran out of a few items that I made a point to say we needed extra of (yes, my friends really drink that many martinis) and the catering manager (who was otherwise amazing!) brought me prosecco even when I kept asking for water (by the third time she finally got it, but I shouldn't have had to turn bridezilla to prevent getting drunk at my wedding). All in all a great company to work with and I would hire them again.

Cooperative, Informed, and Friendly

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Vicki F

We were the first wedding BG Events (BGE) worked in partnership with a kosher caterer (Ora Catering). They had great ideas, were informative and informed about the kosher world, and worked closely with us on the several dietary challenges we had in our wedding party. Their... Read More food was great, their staff patient and helpful, etc. They assisted us in the floral aspects as well as catering. In this area the lead-up was equally good (responsive, creative, friendly), but the execution was not as great. The catering side was stellar in both form and execution.

Meet The Coordinator

Denise DeSimone

Many of the greatest innovators get their start by identifying a problem. For me, I experienced a rather large setback when planning my own wedding. I was promised a service, and I never received it. I showed up to the venue, and no one was there to lead me through my day. I experienced confusion and a whole host of emotions—mainly disappointment and frustration—that I never want other brides to feel. I have applied my passion of planning, my love of weddings and my own person experience to provide my couples a smooth and memorable wedding day