BG Productions Photography and Videography

Philadelphia, PA

Unique Photos and Video for Unique Couples!

A Funky, and Dynamic Philadelphia husband and wife team who specializes in weddings photography and videography for creative people. Al and I both have years of experience as professional photographers and/or videographers. We offer a cool and unique approach to capturing your wedding.

Trash The Dress

Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

3128 N 35th Street, Philadelphia, PA

The Best Wedding Decision You Will Make

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Nicole D

This was by far the best best decision my husband and I made for our wedding. We used Cat & Al for engagement and wedding photography, video of the wedding day, photo booth and I also did a boudoir shoot for my husband with Cat. Their work is impeccable, they are incredibly... Read More professional and also some wonderful wonderful people. They are warm, inviting, energetic and invested in what they do. Our pictures came out amazing and I can't wait to see the video! I'd also strongly recommend the photo booth if you are thinking of going that route. In my opinion, it was great to a have a photo booth that could accommodate large groups instead of those small carnival ones that take crappy pictures. My guests LOVED the photo booth and it was great to see everyone get silly.

If you want the've found it!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Gina S

If you are reading this review, it means that you are considering using Cat & Al to capture your big day and all I can say about that is...BOOK THEM NOW! Stop everything you are doing and contact them to make sure they are available for your date. Seriously, look no... Read More further...whether hours upon hours of wedding research or a fabulous twist of fate brought you to the BG Productions page, you had better get on your knees and thank your lucky stars/guardian angels/psychic friends/awesome Googling skills because you will NEVER again find a team quite like Cat & Al. If you were hoping to have outstanding, hard-working, professional, friendly, visionary and supportive vendors on your side, you are in the right place. My husband found BG Productions online after my "dream" photographer quoted us with an outrageous price for photography and videography. This vendor was not helpful and offered us a "junior photographer" and about two hours of services for our budget along with a "not my problem" attitude. That is why BG will forever remain my knights in shining armor for treating us with respect and providing an insane level of personalized quality service. We booked an engagement session, photography, and videography with Cat & Al and let me tell you - there is no price you can put on feeling comfortable and confident with the people you have chosen to record the best day of your life. Meeting Cat & Al during our e-session in NYC was like being with old friends. They put us at ease immediately and had us try things that really reflected our fun-loving personalities. Most importantly, the e-session confirmed what I had known all along...Cat & Al truly were "the ones" (swoon). On the day of our wedding, their knowledge and positive attitudes kept the entire wedding alive and on track. In fact, our second shooter, Colleen, quite literally saved the day when she bustled my dress!!! WHAT?! Yes, with the help of Cat and Colleen I was able to actually attend my reception rather than sit in a hotel room for the rest of the evening transforming into the bridezilla of my nightmares. I will never forget Cat saying, "Why didn't someone come and get us sooner?!" And I thought, I wish I would have but who knew a photographer could bustle! They are wedding superheroes...period. They are always on your side and will do anything necessary to provide you with what you deserve - the best. Fast forward to a short time later and we have our photos, video teaser, and full Blu-ray video...we are over the moon IN LOVE with our wedding images. Seeing our family, friends, and each of our wedding details made the happiness and joy of that day come flooding back to our hearts. Now, how Al Green does not have shelves upon shelves of awards for the amazingly wonderful breathtaking marvelous work that he does is beyond me. Our wedding teaser and video was remarkable. We laughed. We cried. We had permanent smiles for WEEKS. I also can't tell you how much the little things really added up. The care package we received from them shortly before our wedding was such a lovely gesture and the time and thought they put into packaging their work is meticulous and catered to a couple's personality so perfectly. Do not expect service like theirs from every photographer because I can guarantee you will be let down. I honestly can't say enough good things about these two incredible people except that I am grateful we found them and are so excited to work with them again.

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Rachael B

I have said it a million times... BG Productions was THE BEST decision we made when it came to our wedding! From our very first sit down with BG we knew they would take care of us. I really tried to do as much as possible for our wedding to save money but the one thing I was... Read More adamant about was great pictures. I couldn't help but worry because it seemed like the only thing I really couldn't do myself, at all! BG knew exactly how I felt, which is why they took time to get to know us, asked us all the right questions, and most importantly made sure they knew exactly what we were looking for in our wedding photo's. I have never witnessed a team like BG work so well together. They compliment each other so well in their creativity and expertise. They are always sharing their thoughts as the shoot is going on to make sure they are both capturing the best shots. After our engagement shots were revealed, I knew we had nothing to worry about and they knew exactly what we wanted. From beginning to end they were amazing and the results were far above and beyond what we had imagined. We love BG Productions and so does our family! We recommend BG to anyone that is looking for THE PERFECT picture. We will definitely be life-long clients of theirs!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Melissa G

If there were more than 5 stars, I'd click on every one of them for BG Productions! Cat and Al are truly a dynamic duo. They went above and beyond the basic "contract," communicating with us continually over the course of our engagement and wedding planning process to ensure... Read More we were all on the same page about the images and overall vibe that would be captured on our wedding day. They patiently and painstakingly revised plans and timelines, and went out of their way to calm our nerves and assure us that we were in good hands. We were in GREAT hands with BG! We purchased the engagement photo session + Save the Date video package - HIGHLY recommend! Our family and friends were blown away by the quality of the product! BG nailed it!! On our wedding day, BG was punctual, stealthy, and everywhere we needed them to be. They even seamlessly executed a surprise "first look" (bold move to surprise the bride!) at the request of my husband. The "sneak peek" album they edited and shared just days after our wedding contained the most phenomenal images. We can't wait to receive the full shebang!! In their craft, they are top notch. Moreover, Cat and Al are sincere, personable, caring, thoughtful people - true professionals as vendors, and now genuine friends of ours. Wedding photography/videography is truly an INVESTMENT, and you really do get what you pay for. BG is worth every cent!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jeannie B

BG was the perfect team to capture our day! As soon as we met Cat and Al, we knew we definitely wanted them to be part of our wedding day. The photos were one of the most important pieces of our wedding, so we definitely wanted a great team that we knew we could trust to... Read More capture all those photo memories for us. Cat and Jen we our photographers for the day, and we could not have asked for a better pair! They were so awesome to work with - a great blend of professionalism and fun! I knew we were in good hands - I never stressed about the photos. From our first meeting, through the wedding day and now seeing some sneak peaks, I know we made the right choice. We LOVE BG and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing photography team.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Cathie and Al are AMAZING!!! They are everything you could want and more! After just a brief meeting with the both of them I felt like we were friends... Hugs on the spot :) E-session- photos are breath taking, as you can see from browsing their works.. But equally as important... Read More we had a blast!! If you want to have fun and love your photgraphers just as much as your photos, they are your blessing!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 christine m

We were lucky enough to have Cat and Al available for our wedding - we knew as soon as we met them that they were the perfect photographers for us - professional, laid back, hilarious and amazingly talented. I am VERY picky when it comes to photographs - I know exactly the style... Read More that I like and even though I did an extensive search prior to contacting them, I just kept coming back to their images. Thankfully, their personalities are just as amazing! We met and went over all of the details ahead of time and when our wedding day arrived, not only did they deliver, but went above and beyond. Between corralling my extended family and helping with last minute wardrobe glitches, there wasn't an opportunity that passed them by to help make our day run smoothly - even when it wasn't directly photo related. I can't recommend them enough to anyone even considering hiring them.

BG Productions is the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Melissa M

We chose the BG team to photograph and video record our wedding a month ago and we couldn't be happier with that decision! This was based on the great work they did at my best friends wedding in 2012, we were fortunate that they had our date available when it came time to book... Read More everything for our own big day. The team did an incredible job of capturing and incorporating all the little details we put into our wedding. From the very first meeting we had, we felt like they became friends and really cared about what we wanted for our wedding day. So excited to have these moments on film to remember for the rest of our lives! Thank you Cathie, Al and Daniel!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Ashlee T

We used BG for our engagement session and wedding and can't say enough good things about them! Their work itself is incredible, but even beyond that, they're such a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting with them, we knew they were a perfect fit. They're down to earth,... Read More really open to ideas and take the time to get to know all of their clients. For our engagement session, they put us completely at ease, making us comfortable in front of the camera. The day of the wedding, they handled all the stress like pros. They kept us on schedule and made what could have been a very hectic day a breeze. And, they're willing to go above and beyond for the perfect shot; Cathie was laying on the dance floor at one point, and another shooter was up in a tree! Picking BG as our photographer/videographer was very easily the best wedding decision we made!

Wonderful Experience even better pictures!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Liz M

My husband and I used Cat and Al at BG Productions for our wedding photography. We were so happy with their professionalism before, during and after the wedding. They got every shot we wanted and really captured how great our wedding was. After the wedding was over, they got... Read More a blog of select pictures out within the first few days and all of our pictures were ready well within the agreed upon timeline. We also got a wedding album through them for our own album. It is beautiful and amazing quality! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the BG Pro team. If you have the opportunity to use them absolutely do it and you won't regret it! We will be planning to use them again for future events. Cat and Al are not just our photographers, they are now our friends and we are so thankful for them capturing our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Sean M

Cathie and Al are extremely knowledgeable about photography in the city of Philadelphia!! In addition to being fantastic photographers that take truly unique and beautiful photos, they made sure we were able to get a permit for one of the historic buildings in Philadelphia to... Read More ensure that we captured the city's beauty in our photography. They make sure you keep to the wedding schedule but are also flexible to make sure you get all of the shots you want! I cannot say more about how much fun they are to work with and how much I've loved the photos I've seen so far! I cannot wait to see our video either!! I'd very highly recommend Cathie and Al for any photography and videography needs!

Wonderful! Loved them!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jaryn F

Perfect! We loved everything! We booked both photography and videography through them. The photographs are so beautiful. My husband and I are not the most photogenic and were also quite awkward but they somehow made us look like a million bucks! I can't wait to see all of the... Read More photos and the video but from what I've already seen they will be fabulous!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Alyssa G

My fiance' and I had so much fun doing our engagement photos yesterday with BG Productions . Cathie is a true artist and we are so blessed to have found her and Al. If you are looking for true art to be made from your love- then you've found your photographer and videographer.... Read More They are are truly passionate about their work and love of people! I can't get over how beautiful our sneak peaks are and how truly lucky we are to have them be a part of our journey. They have been the easiest and best choice we have made in the planning of our wedding. They left us inspired, empowered, and even more in love with each other after our session. We can not wait until our wedding now! Thank you thank you thank you!

Cathie and Al were a great find

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Christopher D

My fiancee and I were planning an informal, low-key wedding and we were looking for a photographer who would be in tune with the vibe of what we had in mind. BG Productions came recommended by a friend. We held an initial get-to-know-you teleconference with Cathie and Al and by... Read More the end of that meeting, we were confident we’d found the right photographers for us. During the planning process, Cathie and Al were very helpful and offered their experience with weddings as a resource beyond just taking pictures. We were throwing an additional challenge at our photographers - we realized that our venue would be in the middle of large construction project, with visually intrusive equipment all over. Cathie was smart enough to scope out the grounds with us beforehand to make a plan for composing pictures that worked around the construction issue and make certain we got all the shots we wanted. Both Cathie and Al were friendly and pleasant throughout our planning process. By the time we got to the big day, it felt more like we had two additional guests than anything else. But make no mistake, these guys are pros. The after-ceremony photo shoot went smoothly. We got beautiful portraits of my wife and me with and without our families, but our photographers never seemed demanding or tried to push us into anything that felt out of character. And their unposed shots of the ceremony and reception captured some moments exquisitely. After seeing the photos Cathie and Al took at our wedding, we can wholeheartedly recommend BG Productions to anyone looking for a photography team that is a joy to work with and produces great results.

Professionals with Class and Sass!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Jaime N

I can't rave enough about our experience with Cat and Al as our photographers. When you hire them for your wedding, you will be entering into more than just a contract - you will be starting a relationship. From the first time I stumbled upon their website and saw the creativity... Read More and diversity in their shots, to meeting them for the first time in their home prior to deciding anything for sure, to the walk through weeks before the wedding, and finally to the big day, they were always personable, fun, organized, trustworthy, and above all, fantastic photographers. They know their stuff. And they have the confidence and experience to be sure you always feel like you're the most important part of your day while they're getting the job done. My friends and family had so many compliments about them and guests very much appreciated that Cat and Al would jump in and take professional shots with them as they were trying to master their own bridal selfies. I was so happy that they were a part of our special day, and I can't wait to see all of the final pictures! Al even helped my sons with their ties. So cute! The mini album was already with every penny! Love these two!

Best Day Of My Life

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 rian c

I was married August 6 2011.still to this day I have several people who attended my wedding comment and gush on how beautiful my photos and video were the documents we're set to me were with A letter and a pack of popcorn so that I and my husband could relive the... Read More moment all over together again.the amount of love in emotion that Cathie and Al put into their work shows.everything was intimate and yet so subtle that precious moments that we would have missed were captured I recently had a friend of mine that I had not spoken to for several years contact me just for their information.anytime the anyone has any sort of event I always recommend them.they accommodated all my request and we're very knowledgeable about their can tell that this isn't just a job this is something that they give a hundred and ten percent in they are just as invested as the people receiving the services.I am very happy and think very fondly of them even after all this time.I would recommend them time and time again.

Amazing Photo and Video Team - You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Chrissy B

Cat and Al were such a pleasure to work with from day one. We did a walkthrough about 6 weeks in advance and this helped us work out all the kinks so that nothing would go wrong on our actual wedding day. It was so helpful that they did this with us as many other photographers... Read More we looked at did not offer this. Even in the days leading up to the wedding, Cat commiserated with me over my concerns about the weather. She acted more like a friend than a vendor! When our wedding day finally rolled around, we didn't worry about any of the details because we knew we were in great hands and they would take care of all the details we just didn't have time to worry about. They truly were fantastic in every way, shape and form. They kept others from interfering in the shots and they were patient with our bridal party. When it came time for family pictures, Cat even picked up and held my little dog while she was taking some of the shots! Talk about dedication. After the ceremony, Cat also helped me take out my veil and fix my hair and they made sure our guests gave me and my new husband a few minutes of alone time. They both have such chill and down to earth personalities. They got along with everyone and absolutely everyone loved them! Thank you guys for going so above and beyond for us! You made our day so much less stressful and truly unforgettable. I haven't seen any of the video yet but OMG THE PICTURES!!! They are sooo beautiful and we can't wait to get them printed and blown up on our walls. If you are looking for a photo video team that will really blow you away, then look no further than BG. They know what they are doing and will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Megan Y

Cat and Al were amazing!!!! The photos are fantastic and they got every shot I wanted and didn't even know I wanted! So glad we added the video - it was beautifully done and we love watching it again and again. The day goes so quick - the video helped me to remember it all!... Read More Everyone at the wedding comments all the time about how amazing the photos are and how much they loved Cat and Al!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Victoria G

I don’t even know where to start with a review for BG Productions, besides they are the BEST AT EVERYTHING! Not only were they our awesome wedding photographers, but they have become our friends. They became my assistant wedding planners, therapists, etc!!! Every detail that... Read More they see for photography is amazing. I got so many compliments throughout the wedding day of how awesome and on point our family and friends thought they were! They are totally present throughout the wedding process and their jobs never stop. Cat & Al go SO above and beyond for all of their clients that it is evident how much they care about every single person they do business with. I could ramble on and on forever about how great they are, but you can see why within the first 5 minutes of meeting them! My MOH & her fiance and two of our other friends are using them too for their weddings! (even a few couples at the wedding said they wanted to use them too when the time came!!) WE LOVE CAT & AL!!!!!! PS- get photography, videography AND the Photo Booth!!! You won't be sorry!!

Fantastic Photographers!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Kelly W

We are so happy that we chose BG as our wedding photographers. From the first email, Cathie was so attentive and ready to answer any question that we had. She and Matt met us at our reception site about a month before our reception for a walk through. She developed a plan so... Read More that our whole day would run smoothly. On the day of our wedding, their creativity and vision were evident. She even knew how to get the bride to relax! Her suggestion of the Horticulture Center for pictures after the ceremony was perfect! She knew all the right spots to visit to capture the perfect shots! The sunset shots during the reception are totally amazing! We are so impressed with just our sneak peak. We can't wait until we get to see the rest!

Worth the price

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Monica M

BG productions was the best decision we made for our wedding. The company is a husband and wife and they treat you like you are their only client. They really listened to what we wanted and our style was clearly reflected in the pictures. The price is a little high, but it... Read More was worth every penny. I had no worries about the pictures and the video. I knew they had it all under control. And Cathie and Al are awesome people to hang out with too. Becoming one of their clients is like becoming part of their family (cheesy, I know, but it's true)! I would recommend BG Productions to anyone and everyone!

Gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Megan F

We just got our photos back, and I can honestly say that I could not be happier. The photos are GORGEOUS! Not only that, but Cathie really listened to the kind of aesthetic I wanted: candid, ethereal, whimsical. Also, the beginning of my wedding day was a bit stressful because... Read More of family stuff, but lucky for us, Al is the king of interpersonal relationships. My bridesmaids kept telling me afterwards how amazing he was at keeping the peace, always being positive, and just generally being a sweetheart! I would totally recommend BG.

Philadelphia winter wedding

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 ashley s

From the moment we saw their website we knew we wanted them to capture our wedding. Then after meeting them we knew that we HAD to have them! Cat and Al compliment one another so well. They are laid back while still being on top of anything and everything. They are personable... Read More but also let your own personalities shine through your images, not theirs. They were always professional and exceeded our expectations many times over. We are in love with our images and can't wait to keep seeing them displayed in our home forever! Highly recommend this dynamic duo!

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Rebecca R

Al and Cathie aren't just amazing photographers, they are amazing people. Yes, their photos are drop-dead gorgeous, but they also made so many good suggestions about things to include (or not include) in the wedding and really contributed to the festive atmosphere. They really... Read More got us as a couple, and their photos really let our personalities (and those of our guests) shine through. There are no words for how beautiful their photos are, but it was also their energy and dedication as people that made them a joy to work with. When hiring a photographer remember that you've got to spend all day with these people, so you really want people who are not just competent, but also confidants. Al and Cathie were that for us.

Our 11/9/13 Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Shelly

My Husband and I have used BG Productions for our engagement photos, a family session, and our Wedding. We were just married on November 9th, 2013. From the first time I heard of BG Productions, to the time I saw their work, to the first time we met them, to every email I sent... Read More to them, and to our Wedding Day..they have been AMAZING!!! I searched for photographers for months trying to find the right one, my Husband thought I was crazy for putting so much though into who we wanted. But once we met Cathie and Al from BG, we both fell in love. They have awesome personalities and are extremely talented. Cathie and Al are the BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS we've ever met. No detail is missed and they work together so well always pointing out to the other little things. Booking BG Productions was the best wedding planning decision we made. Some vendors can be flakey and stress you out, BG never once made me stress. BG Productions are our lifetime photographers! Cathie and Al are such an amazing, fun, friendly, and talented power couple!

cathie berrey green

I have always had photography in her life from the time I was in high school and my dad gave her a Canon AE1. I carried this passion with me through college, taking several photo courses & spending my spare time in a darkroom. I spent several years doing social activism and teaching high school history in Philadelphia and continued doing photography, mostly photo journalism work while traveling the country. Occasionally for friends I would photograph their weddings (always with film!). So soon found she LOVED capturing LOVE! When Al & I married we brought our talents and passion together.