We Capture All YOUR Rockstar Moments!

We are a Funky, and Dynamic Philadelphia husband and wife team who specializes in weddings photography and videography for creative people. Al and I (as well as all of our associate and lead associate shooters) have years of experience as professional photographers and/or videographers. We offer a cool and unique approach to capturing your wedding. Your wedding day should be as fun as you are. Let us capture all Your Rockstar Moments!

Trash The Dress

Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

3128 N 35th Street, Philadelphia, PA We travel World wide (215) 435-1418
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Nichole C

Cat & Al are simply amazing - amazing at what they do and amazing individuals! We knew we had the right people to capture our special day the second we talked to them. They were warm, funny and took time to get to know us. We loved getting to know them and can’t wait to see them... Read More again! 5 stars isn't enough! Our wedding pictures are simply stunning as well as capture all the big moments and small details. They sent sneak peaks within a day and created a beautiful photo blog 2 weeks later. Looking at them just takes us back like we’re reliving our wedding day. We wanted our day to be about the people around us who were there to help make it memorable - Cat & Al captured that - we look at the pics and chuckle at the funny moments, and are in awe at how they’ve caught our emotions. We can’t wait for the video - best advice we were given. If you’re thinking about whether to video your wedding - do it! The day goes by in a flash and having Al there to memorialize it is a must! Our bridal party loved them and their team - really enjoyed sharing in lots of laughs. Cat is so organized and keeps you on track which is so important on a hectic day like your wedding. If you’re just looking for a photographer and/or videographer that will work off a checklist, are impersonal and are there just to do a job - find someone else. These are people who are passionate about what they do and care about who they do it with. Their work is fantastic and they are fantastic people more importantly. We enjoyed our time with Cat & Al and honestly can’t imagine anyone else capturing our special moments in the future. More so, we feel like we’ve built a friendship. I don’t think this review does justice! We are incredibly grateful for how they made our wedding such a wonderful experience. If Cal & Al are available, book them!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Erica S

The entire BG team is an incredibly talented, caring, professional, and just downright great group of people! We were lucky to spend our wedding day with photographers Jen and James who truly made the day special. Unfortunately, I came down with the stomach flu on my wedding day... Read More and wasn't exactly feeling my best. Jen was so positive and down to earth that she helped me feel comfortable and managed to capture some of the most beautiful pictures of me and my husband ever! Cat was also with us to plan the day since the beginning and even checked in on how I was feeling afterward; what other photographers can you say that about?? We haven't seen the album yet but based on the sneak peeks we've seen so far, it's going to look beyond spectacular. Thank you for making our day!!

2017-10-18T16:33:53 Response from the vendor

We are so honored you chose the BG Team to capture your Big day. We were so sorry to hear you were not feeling well. But we are so glad you were able to still enjoy your wedding day and found our team, especially our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Joyce F

BG was one of the best decision we made for the wedding because we thought capturing the moment was the most important part of the wedding and we are so happy that we went with BG. They are such great people and they helped us through the wedding preparation process. I found a... Read More lot of other vendors through them and their suggestions were great as well. They were very helpful the day of and helped us stay on schedule and the photos turned out so awesome! Everyone love the album that they had put together. We are pretty camera shy usually but they were able to make us look so awesome. Can't say thank you enough to Cathie, Al and Jen!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Meghan L

We loved working with Cat and Al. We love the photos - AND they were so organized and on point we got to make it to our cocktail party!!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Cheri D

Of all the decisions we had to make, choosing Cat and Al to be out photographers was the one thing that we didn't hesitate about or second guess. The pictures they take are art filled with memories... But they were also calming forces in the chaos that was our wedding day. They... Read More are organized, personable, professional and more awesome then we could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kaitlin P

The BG team is simply the best! It rained on our wedding day but it sure didn't ruin a single shot of the day! Cat, Al, Jen, and Brian made sure we captured all of the shots we wanted even though they weren't where we planned. We have gotten so many compliments about our photos.... Read More We could not speak any more highly of them!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Jacqueline Q

If you aren't looking for a photographer/videographer team who are on time (& keep you on time), find all the right moments, capture everything you could possibly want (& we had a few add ins), communicate with you CONSTANTLY & then treat you like family, then BG Productions is... Read More not the company you should choose. We were referred to BG from a couple who had used them & after their wedding, we asked them, "Who were your friends? They are really cool!" Their response was: "They were our photographers, we just found them on The Knot." Their pictures turned out AMAZING. Unique, artistic, fun. Cat makes a point to seek out different areas she thinks would make for an awesome photo & the only thing to do is to trust her because she. knows. her. stuff. Her husband Al is amazing. I just got married last night & I can't wait to see our video, but from our experience of seeing our friends video, I know it will turn out incredible. We were married in Cape May & Al even set up some really cool time lapse GoPros looking out onto the beach. They both go out of their way to make you feel comfortable & like you are one of their closest friends. I really can't say enough amazing things about these guys, & I have only seen my photobooth pictures (get it. Their photobooth is so much fun!). There was never a moment that I regretted choosing BG! They know what they are DOING!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

BG Productions are there for the bride and groom in every way possible! The entire team who shot our wedding was relaxed, fun, organized and just overall AMAZING! The entire team will bend over backwards to make sure your day is everything you want it to be; not what they... Read More think it should be. My husband and I can't say enough about the BG Team. We are so happy to be part of their family. Yes, I said family! They truly treat their clients like family and take pride in making you happy. You won't regret your decision to hire BG! WE LOVE THEM and won't use anyone else again to capture our special moments!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Courtney W

Cathie and Al are AMAZING. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and BG Productions (Cathie, Al, Melanie, and Greg) were there to capture every perfect moment. From the second they arrived at my parents' house that morning, they contributed to the wonderful atmosphere. They were fun,... Read More calming, and helpful, yet wonderfully assertive. They did an amazing job of KINDLY directing everyone all day. They were never rude or pushy, but made it clear that they took their job very seriously. Their creativity is infectious. In the last two weeks, I've been able to view sneak peeks of my wedding pictures via Facebook, Instagram, and even a thoughtful blog post! My entire family has done nothing but talk about how beautiful these pictures are since they've been posted. We are so grateful for everything BG Productions has done for us. THANK YOU CATHIE AND AL!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Rachelle A

Mere words cannot express our gratitude and love for Cathie and Al Berrey-Green for all their help throughout the wedding process with engagement photos, planning out our big day, easing our wedding stresses, the day of the wedding, and the beautiful pictures and video... Read More afterward. Their artwork is incredible, and we are truly grateful for these two remarkable people and their love for their work and clients. Cathie and Al are a great team, which made working with them so easy, enjoyable and loads of fun. They put their hearts into their work, and it shows in every picture and video clip. When we received our video and album after the wedding, we were just blown away by the quality of their work. On our wedding day, these two were simply amazing. Cathie is assertive and not afraid to use her voice, which was extremely helpful during pictures. I have been to weddings with shy photographers who are afraid to ask people to move. You will not worry about this with Cathie, and she will make sure to get all the best shots. Al did an excellent job in helping to get the right angles and lighting for every shot. As my wife and I often reminisce about our wedding day and the months leading up it, as well as the months following it, we often think about how important and special the role Cathie and Al played in the entire process. We were so lucky to find them, and hiring them for our wedding was the smartest decision we made. Feel free to check out some of their work below. Let the pictures speak for themselves. http://www.bgproonline.com/blog/havre-de-grace-wedding-rachelle-john-bg-productions-photography-and-videography/

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Melissa G

If there were more than 5 stars, I'd click on every one of them for BG Productions! Cat and Al are truly a dynamic duo. They went above and beyond the basic "contract," communicating with us continually over the course of our engagement and wedding planning process to ensure... Read More we were all on the same page about the images and overall vibe that would be captured on our wedding day. They patiently and painstakingly revised plans and timelines, and went out of their way to calm our nerves and assure us that we were in good hands. We were in GREAT hands with BG! We purchased the engagement photo session + Save the Date video package - HIGHLY recommend! Our family and friends were blown away by the quality of the product! BG nailed it!! On our wedding day, BG was punctual, stealthy, and everywhere we needed them to be. They even seamlessly executed a surprise "first look" (bold move to surprise the bride!) at the request of my husband. The "sneak peek" album they edited and shared just days after our wedding contained the most phenomenal images. We can't wait to receive the full shebang!! In their craft, they are top notch. Moreover, Cat and Al are sincere, personable, caring, thoughtful people - true professionals as vendors, and now genuine friends of ours. Wedding photography/videography is truly an INVESTMENT, and you really do get what you pay for. BG is worth every cent!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jeannie B

BG was the perfect team to capture our day! As soon as we met Cat and Al, we knew we definitely wanted them to be part of our wedding day. The photos were one of the most important pieces of our wedding, so we definitely wanted a great team that we knew we could trust to... Read More capture all those photo memories for us. Cat and Jen we our photographers for the day, and we could not have asked for a better pair! They were so awesome to work with - a great blend of professionalism and fun! I knew we were in good hands - I never stressed about the photos. From our first meeting, through the wedding day and now seeing some sneak peaks, I know we made the right choice. We LOVE BG and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing photography team.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Cathie and Al are AMAZING!!! They are everything you could want and more! After just a brief meeting with the both of them I felt like we were friends... Hugs on the spot :) E-session- photos are breath taking, as you can see from browsing their works.. But equally as important... Read More we had a blast!! If you want to have fun and love your photgraphers just as much as your photos, they are your blessing!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 christine m

We were lucky enough to have Cat and Al available for our wedding - we knew as soon as we met them that they were the perfect photographers for us - professional, laid back, hilarious and amazingly talented. I am VERY picky when it comes to photographs - I know exactly the style... Read More that I like and even though I did an extensive search prior to contacting them, I just kept coming back to their images. Thankfully, their personalities are just as amazing! We met and went over all of the details ahead of time and when our wedding day arrived, not only did they deliver, but went above and beyond. Between corralling my extended family and helping with last minute wardrobe glitches, there wasn't an opportunity that passed them by to help make our day run smoothly - even when it wasn't directly photo related. I can't recommend them enough to anyone even considering hiring them.

BG Productions is the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Melissa M

We chose the BG team to photograph and video record our wedding a month ago and we couldn't be happier with that decision! This was based on the great work they did at my best friends wedding in 2012, we were fortunate that they had our date available when it came time to book... Read More everything for our own big day. The team did an incredible job of capturing and incorporating all the little details we put into our wedding. From the very first meeting we had, we felt like they became friends and really cared about what we wanted for our wedding day. So excited to have these moments on film to remember for the rest of our lives! Thank you Cathie, Al and Daniel!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Ashlee T

We used BG for our engagement session and wedding and can't say enough good things about them! Their work itself is incredible, but even beyond that, they're such a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting with them, we knew they were a perfect fit. They're down to earth,... Read More really open to ideas and take the time to get to know all of their clients. For our engagement session, they put us completely at ease, making us comfortable in front of the camera. The day of the wedding, they handled all the stress like pros. They kept us on schedule and made what could have been a very hectic day a breeze. And, they're willing to go above and beyond for the perfect shot; Cathie was laying on the dance floor at one point, and another shooter was up in a tree! Picking BG as our photographer/videographer was very easily the best wedding decision we made!

Wonderful Experience even better pictures!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Liz M

My husband and I used Cat and Al at BG Productions for our wedding photography. We were so happy with their professionalism before, during and after the wedding. They got every shot we wanted and really captured how great our wedding was. After the wedding was over, they got... Read More a blog of select pictures out within the first few days and all of our pictures were ready well within the agreed upon timeline. We also got a wedding album through them for our own album. It is beautiful and amazing quality! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the BG Pro team. If you have the opportunity to use them absolutely do it and you won't regret it! We will be planning to use them again for future events. Cat and Al are not just our photographers, they are now our friends and we are so thankful for them capturing our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Sean M

Cathie and Al are extremely knowledgeable about photography in the city of Philadelphia!! In addition to being fantastic photographers that take truly unique and beautiful photos, they made sure we were able to get a permit for one of the historic buildings in Philadelphia to... Read More ensure that we captured the city's beauty in our photography. They make sure you keep to the wedding schedule but are also flexible to make sure you get all of the shots you want! I cannot say more about how much fun they are to work with and how much I've loved the photos I've seen so far! I cannot wait to see our video either!! I'd very highly recommend Cathie and Al for any photography and videography needs!

Wonderful! Loved them!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jaryn F

Perfect! We loved everything! We booked both photography and videography through them. The photographs are so beautiful. My husband and I are not the most photogenic and were also quite awkward but they somehow made us look like a million bucks! I can't wait to see all of the... Read More photos and the video but from what I've already seen they will be fabulous!

SIMPLY THE BEST

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Alyssa G

My fiance' and I had so much fun doing our engagement photos yesterday with BG Productions . Cathie is a true artist and we are so blessed to have found her and Al. If you are looking for true art to be made from your love- then you've found your photographer and videographer.... Read More They are are truly passionate about their work and love of people! I can't get over how beautiful our sneak peaks are and how truly lucky we are to have them be a part of our journey. They have been the easiest and best choice we have made in the planning of our wedding. They left us inspired, empowered, and even more in love with each other after our session. We can not wait until our wedding now! Thank you thank you thank you!

Cathie and Al were a great find

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Christopher D

My fiancee and I were planning an informal, low-key wedding and we were looking for a photographer who would be in tune with the vibe of what we had in mind. BG Productions came recommended by a friend. We held an initial get-to-know-you teleconference with Cathie and Al and by... Read More the end of that meeting, we were confident we’d found the right photographers for us. During the planning process, Cathie and Al were very helpful and offered their experience with weddings as a resource beyond just taking pictures. We were throwing an additional challenge at our photographers - we realized that our venue would be in the middle of large construction project, with visually intrusive equipment all over. Cathie was smart enough to scope out the grounds with us beforehand to make a plan for composing pictures that worked around the construction issue and make certain we got all the shots we wanted. Both Cathie and Al were friendly and pleasant throughout our planning process. By the time we got to the big day, it felt more like we had two additional guests than anything else. But make no mistake, these guys are pros. The after-ceremony photo shoot went smoothly. We got beautiful portraits of my wife and me with and without our families, but our photographers never seemed demanding or tried to push us into anything that felt out of character. And their unposed shots of the ceremony and reception captured some moments exquisitely. After seeing the photos Cathie and Al took at our wedding, we can wholeheartedly recommend BG Productions to anyone looking for a photography team that is a joy to work with and produces great results.

Professionals with Class and Sass!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Jaime N

I can't rave enough about our experience with Cat and Al as our photographers. When you hire them for your wedding, you will be entering into more than just a contract - you will be starting a relationship. From the first time I stumbled upon their website and saw the creativity... Read More and diversity in their shots, to meeting them for the first time in their home prior to deciding anything for sure, to the walk through weeks before the wedding, and finally to the big day, they were always personable, fun, organized, trustworthy, and above all, fantastic photographers. They know their stuff. And they have the confidence and experience to be sure you always feel like you're the most important part of your day while they're getting the job done. My friends and family had so many compliments about them and guests very much appreciated that Cat and Al would jump in and take professional shots with them as they were trying to master their own bridal selfies. I was so happy that they were a part of our special day, and I can't wait to see all of the final pictures! Al even helped my sons with their ties. So cute! The mini album was already with every penny! Love these two!

Best Day Of My Life

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 rian c

I was married August 6 2011.still to this day I have several people who attended my wedding comment and gush on how beautiful my photos and video were produced.how the documents we're set to me were with A letter and a pack of popcorn so that I and my husband could relive the... Read More moment all over together again.the amount of love in emotion that Cathie and Al put into their work shows.everything was intimate and yet so subtle that precious moments that we would have missed were captured I recently had a friend of mine that I had not spoken to for several years contact me just for their information.anytime the anyone has any sort of event I always recommend them.they accommodated all my request and we're very knowledgeable about their craft.you can tell that this isn't just a job this is something that they give a hundred and ten percent in they are just as invested as the people receiving the services.I am very happy and think very fondly of them even after all this time.I would recommend them time and time again.

Amazing Photo and Video Team - You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Chrissy B

Cat and Al were such a pleasure to work with from day one. We did a walkthrough about 6 weeks in advance and this helped us work out all the kinks so that nothing would go wrong on our actual wedding day. It was so helpful that they did this with us as many other photographers... Read More we looked at did not offer this. Even in the days leading up to the wedding, Cat commiserated with me over my concerns about the weather. She acted more like a friend than a vendor! When our wedding day finally rolled around, we didn't worry about any of the details because we knew we were in great hands and they would take care of all the details we just didn't have time to worry about. They truly were fantastic in every way, shape and form. They kept others from interfering in the shots and they were patient with our bridal party. When it came time for family pictures, Cat even picked up and held my little dog while she was taking some of the shots! Talk about dedication. After the ceremony, Cat also helped me take out my veil and fix my hair and they made sure our guests gave me and my new husband a few minutes of alone time. They both have such chill and down to earth personalities. They got along with everyone and absolutely everyone loved them! Thank you guys for going so above and beyond for us! You made our day so much less stressful and truly unforgettable. I haven't seen any of the video yet but OMG THE PICTURES!!! They are sooo beautiful and we can't wait to get them printed and blown up on our walls. If you are looking for a photo video team that will really blow you away, then look no further than BG. They know what they are doing and will not disappoint!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Megan Y

Cat and Al were amazing!!!! The photos are fantastic and they got every shot I wanted and didn't even know I wanted! So glad we added the video - it was beautifully done and we love watching it again and again. The day goes so quick - the video helped me to remember it all!... Read More Everyone at the wedding comments all the time about how amazing the photos are and how much they loved Cat and Al!

cathie berrey green

I have always had photography in her life from the time I was in high school and my dad gave her a Canon AE1. I carried this passion with me through college, taking several photo courses & spending my spare time in a darkroom. I spent several years doing social activism and teaching high school history in Philadelphia and continued doing photography, mostly photo journalism work while traveling the country. Occasionally for friends I would photograph their weddings (always with film!). So soon found she LOVED capturing LOVE! When Al & I married we brought our talents and passion together.