Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Online Ordering, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

8 East Walton Street, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Megan P

Beholden was the first bridal salon I visited, after months of stalking the dresses online. Even though I had quite a large group with me the store and the associates accommodated everyone nicely. They took us all up stairs to the bridal room, where several of the dresses I had... Read More requested to try on were on the mannequins. It made the experience all the more personal for me! Mary was my consultant for my visit and she had done her research looking at my pinterest board and pulling dresses that she thought fit my style. The dressing rooms have a private lounge area where my guests could sit and drink champagne while I changed in a smaller fitting room. It felt very intimate and I got to just focus on the opinions and reactions of my group instead of everyone else in the salon. I ended up visiting several other salons before coming back to Beholden and purchasing my gown (it was the last dress I had tried on in the store on my first appt.) Mary just so happened to be my consultant the second time as well, which I really enjoyed because it felt very personal. At no time did I feel as though I was being "sold" a dress. My dress was shipped to me within 10 business days. Mary had also given me a list of recommend seamstress to check out, and advised I have a consultation before the 30 day return window ended. I loved both my experiences at the store and would recommend a visit to the store even if it is just for bridal accessories or bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Alyson P

I'm obsessed with BHLDN. I first learned of this place when my best friend got married. In planning my vow renewal, i was just going to get a short white dress (not quite a wedding dress) I was so indecisive but every time i went in all of the sales associates were sooo nice. I... Read More finally decided to go ahead and get a wedding dress so i made a bridal appointment. The appointment was easy going and fun and the dresses are stunning and affordable! I truly found my perfect dress. I got my mother-in-law's dress from there too! No matter what i visit BHLDN for, dresses, gifts, etc, i always feel welcome and taken care of.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Jeni B

I was blown away by my experience at the BHLDN Chicago store. Every detail inside the store is stunning. I had set up an appointment to try on wedding dresses a few weeks before and sent my stylist a list of 8 dresses. We were taken to a private room with seating for my mom,... Read More sister and friend. I had a separate changing room to the side where my stylist helped me into my dresses. My stylist Melissa made me so comfortable and had a lot of great advice along the way. I ended up buying the last dress I tried on and a halo accessory picked out by my stylist. My mom also found her mother of the bride dress the same day. We were given cans of champagne, the perfect touch! I would recommend making an appointment at any BHLDN store to any future bride. Be prepared to go home with a dress!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Amy M

Return policy is completely unreasonable. If you don't return within 30 days - no exceptions - you are out a significant amount of money (at least in my case). I made the mistake of reading Anthropologie's return policy instead of the BHLDN-specific policy. Refused to... Read More accept my $270 unworn shoes after 35 days, and would not even give store credit. This is unheard of for a higher end retail store. Will encourage friends to avoid shopping here.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Katie L

Love, love, love BHLDN and my dream dress. I tried on one dress and was sold! I purchased my dress online, but communicated with the Chicago location on more than one occasion! Friendly, helpful, and professional! You cannot go wrong with these guys!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Keara W

This was the best wedding dress shopping experience I could have asked for. Usually, I felt stressed and overwhelmed by the pressure, but at BHLDN they were amazing and relaxing. It's a private room, and they don't pressure you to buy on the spot. I got measured and they shipped... Read More to my apartment when I chose to order later. Best experience ever, and I loved my dress!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Rachel B

Buying my dress from BHLDN made the experience so enjoyable and easy. Having the chance to preview dresses on the website and note choices for the appointment allowed the stylist the opportunity to pull other dresses she thought I might like. I chose a dress that originally... Read More wasn't on my list, but as soon as I put it on I knew it was the one! My hour appointment was plenty of time to get an enjoyable dressing choosing experience without it being overwhelming. Plus, the Chicago store is gorgeous, and the stylist made my mom, grandma, and aunt very comfortable since there's a private room with attached dressing room for the bride.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Devon W

I had the best experience at BHLDN looking for my wedding dress. It was the first salon I made an appointment at and I immediately felt comfortable. My consultant, Lindsay was nothing short of amazing. She was super friendly and knew a lot about each dress that I tried on.... Read More When I couldn't decide between two dresses, she helped go through the different points of each. I ended up picking the perfect dress and was shocked at how reasonably it was priced. I would definitely recommend BHLDN to future brides.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

This is the 2nd BHLDN Wedding our Family has had the pleasure of doing! With no brick and mortar store close by, we ordered online. (a VERY scary thing to do when you are talking wedding gowns, bridal party and accessories!) EVERYTHING we have ordered is as lovely when it... Read More arrives as it appears on line. Their customer service department has been SO easy to deal with and always VERY helpful. I can even say my last experience was above and beyond expected. We ordered a wedding dress 7 months ago (13 months before the wedding date) and have now found out due to the beading, it cannot be hemmed. My daughter was SO disappointed, as she LOVED the dress. We have now ordered a similar one from the same designer, that can be hemmed. Fortunately the original dress is still available on line and has not been marked down. BHLDN allowed us to return the dress even though we are far outside their stated return policy. I cannot say enough nice things about BHLDN from the uniqueness, to the quality, to the affordability, to their customer service. If anyone had ever told me we would have outfitted everyone for both my daughters' weddings from an "on-line" store, I would have thought they were crazy. Best decision we ever made!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Charlotte

I had a really great experience at BHLDN. You and your group get a private room to try on and show your wedding gowns. My stylist made me feel very special and comfortable and offered really great opinions. Beautiful dresses and a comfortable atmosphere. I didn't feel rushed at... Read More all. This is not a store to go to, however, if you are looking for a beaded gown or satin. It's a more natural lacy look. BEAUTIFUL accessories, so I'll be back to look at that later! :)

Reviewed on 2/26/2016

Worst customer service ever! They didn't send the parcel I've selected. Than they sent it, and I returned the original one but I still hasn't received the international shipping fee which we agreed for 3 weeks...just writing standard letters...I'm very disappointed, because the... Read More dress is really lovely

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Maureen R

I had an AMAZING experience with BHLDN in Chicago. The store was clean and accessible and I took an appointment on a Sunday evening. Every single sales associate who we spoke with was kind and welcoming. Maggie C., my consultant, was patient, upbeat, intelligent, and... Read More immensely delightful. She went above and beyond in her helpfulness and was willing to work with me (a very insecure bride) and somehow made me feel beautiful. She consistently offered options and continued to amaze me with her knowledge. I felt so comfortable and so wonderfully happy with Maggie. I found my ideal dress. The flexibility of their dresses, cover-ups, skirts, etc was beyond what I had imagined and significantly more affordable than the other two horrible cookie cutter bridal places I had visited before I found my place at BHLDN. I have already recommended this store to three friends and I will continue to do so. They offered me a suggestion for a convenient tailor, who was just as kind, flexible and accommodating. I cannot speak highly enough about Maggie and the whole team I encountered during my experience. Thank you, BHLDN. Shame on girls who don't appreciate the need for policies and forget what it is like to think of anything but themselves.

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Suzette S

To start, I visited the BHLDN salon in Houston. I'm easily overwhelmed and not overly fussy, yet I have a specific style and can't be easily swayed. Katie looked at me, instantly knew my size, made me feel right at home, and also made my whole party (I had 6 ladies with me!)... Read More feel so special and amazing. The first dress I put on was the one - I was done in 1 minutes! As an associate brought champagne, my sister (and MOH) asked if she and my bestie (bridesmaid) could use the space to try on some bridesmaid gowns they liked and got to feel super special too. It was perfect!

Dingy wedding gowns

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Melissa C

This bridal salon is great for the bridesmaids and accessories, but not the actual wedding gowns. It took me three months to get an appointment to try on dresses here, and I was sure I would find something perfect because of everything I had seen online. In reality, however, the... Read More dresses look dingy and used; like my great aunt’s lace curtains that haven’t been changed in 50 years. Also you can’t order your own size of the dress, they only have a base selection and you have to get it taken in. There was one I sort of liked but it was a size 11 and I would have had to get it taken in to a 0, which seemed odd. Anyway I was disappointed with the quality and selection of the wedding gowns. The woman who was helping me was not particularly helpful or friendly either. I had my heart set on one dress I liked online, and only after three months when I got there did I find out they didn’t have it. This is after I indicated far in advance that I wanted to try on that dress. On the bright side, I really enjoyed the bridesmaids dresses and accessories. I bought many decor items here which matched the style of our wedding beautifully. I also bought my rehearsal dinner dress here, which I received so many compliments on.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Sofia U

I really enjoyed my dress shopping experience at BHLDN. It's a little different than your typical bridal shop, it's on the second floor of a storefront and the wedding section is fairly small since they focus on all sorts of dresses, not just bridal. However, I was shocked and... Read More surprised to see that I had an entire room to myself for fittings - with a couch, a smaller room to get dressed in, and a huge pedestal. They even gave us champagne. The dresses are different and unique and not as bridal as some other places. I did not end up getting my dress here, but it was the second runner up and it was beautiful! If you're looking for a laid back and different experience, you should definitely go here.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Elizabeth R

Myself and an entourage of six people went to BHLDN to try on some wedding dresses and we received the most amazing service. The woman who worked with us was super attentive and unbelievably nice. My dress was very affordable and I got some many comments on how beautiful it... Read More was.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Ryan G

Ugh, how I wish I had read the reviews on The Knot before buying from BHLDN. I bought a jacket and earrings and am no longer able to return them. How can a company, who specializes in weddings, not understand that 30-day return window is very unrealistic for any bride? I'm so... Read More disappointed because I spend A LOT of money at Anthropologie and my viewpoint is now entirely ruined on this company.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Stacey L

BHLDN was very accommodating when I asked to come back for a second appointment a few weeks after my first, though it was never clear to me why the store scheduled the second appointment with a different stylist. Luckily, both stylists were great, and I found my wedding dress!... Read More As a small caveat, however, I would recommend that brides consider the additional stress and cost of outside alterations when using this store. Most other bridal boutiques and retailers offer in-store alterations, and BHLDN does NOT.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Like other reviewers, I was just a few days outside the 30-day return window (I had been out of town for much of the 30-day period) and BHLDN refused to return (or even exchange!!!) my TWO dresses. Obviously I only ordered two because I expected to return at least one. Choosing... Read More a wedding dress requires time and 30 days is completely unreasonable and also out of keeping with industry standards. Beware of this policy!

Beautiful Dress!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I ordered my dress of BHLDN online last year. I found the correct size based on the size chart and the reviews from other brides online. Once I received it, I found THE most BEAUTIFUL dress! My husband was awed on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Rashida N

I was a bride on a budget, and like all brides on a budget, I didn't want to look like a bride on a budget. I had been looking at dresses on for a few months before I decided to pull the trigger on mine. Being from St. Louis, where we don't have a BHLDN store, I was a... Read More little nervous to order it site unseen. This dress was MY dress from the moment I saw it online. It was exactly what I pictured myself in and at $600 it was exactly within my budget. With free returns you can do now wrong. When it arrived in it's box I was a little worried that the lace would look cheap and it absolutely did not. I was no-fuss, lets-just-do-this type bride from the very beginning of wedding planning and this dress and this shop made me feel like a princess on my day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Amanda

I used BHLDN for everything! My dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and my mother's dress all came from BHLDN. Every time we worked with BHLDN we had incredible success! The people at the store were so helpful, and so willing to help us complete my bridal look. Everything arrived... Read More on time and in such perfect condition. Nothing but amazing things to say about BHLDN. Love them!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Alejandra R

I got the most unique, and delicate necklace there. I was very happy with my purchase and is a piece that I will preserve forever!

You will find your dress here...

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Snežana U

I really liked the stylist who worked with me. She listened for what I liked and did not like about different dresses that I was trying on. Based on this, she suggested us the dress that I ended up buying that day. I also very much enjoyed the more high end experience, with... Read More champagne to sip on, and beautiful setting, while knowing that I won't be paying the high end prices. The dresses were good quality and value, especially if you like something that is last year's model and currently on sale. I got A LOT of compliments about my dress and most people could not believe that I got it in the retail store. I also really liked that they had dresses that fit my curvy, tall figure. I highly recommend BHLDN!

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kindal W

BHLDN is exactly my style, and I loved all of their accessories and decor. My only issue with them is that their customer service is absolutely TERRIBLE. I live near a store, and found that the majority of staff was extremely unhelpful. I'm not sure if its because there are so... Read More few stores or that they're very popular so they don't feel the need to please customers, but from a service standpoint they leave much to be desired. I ordered a veil in the store that they didn't have. They ordered it online, but still charged me shipping which I found very odd. Any other questions I had were met with short answers as if my questions were bothering the staff. They have great stuff, but if you can avoid trying to work with the staff I would recommend it!

Start a Conversation!