BHLDN

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Online Ordering, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

8 East Walton Street, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Charlotte

I had a really great experience at BHLDN. You and your group get a private room to try on and show your wedding gowns. My stylist made me feel very special and comfortable and offered really great opinions. Beautiful dresses and a comfortable atmosphere. I didn't feel rushed at... Read More all. This is not a store to go to, however, if you are looking for a beaded gown or satin. It's a more natural lacy look. BEAUTIFUL accessories, so I'll be back to look at that later! :)

Reviewed on 2/26/2016

Worst customer service ever! They didn't send the parcel I've selected. Than they sent it, and I returned the original one but I still hasn't received the international shipping fee which we agreed for 3 weeks...just writing standard letters...I'm very disappointed, because the... Read More dress is really lovely

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Maureen R

I had an AMAZING experience with BHLDN in Chicago. The store was clean and accessible and I took an appointment on a Sunday evening. Every single sales associate who we spoke with was kind and welcoming. Maggie C., my consultant, was patient, upbeat, intelligent, and... Read More immensely delightful. She went above and beyond in her helpfulness and was willing to work with me (a very insecure bride) and somehow made me feel beautiful. She consistently offered options and continued to amaze me with her knowledge. I felt so comfortable and so wonderfully happy with Maggie. I found my ideal dress. The flexibility of their dresses, cover-ups, skirts, etc was beyond what I had imagined and significantly more affordable than the other two horrible cookie cutter bridal places I had visited before I found my place at BHLDN. I have already recommended this store to three friends and I will continue to do so. They offered me a suggestion for a convenient tailor, who was just as kind, flexible and accommodating. I cannot speak highly enough about Maggie and the whole team I encountered during my experience. Thank you, BHLDN. Shame on girls who don't appreciate the need for policies and forget what it is like to think of anything but themselves.

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Suzette S

To start, I visited the BHLDN salon in Houston. I'm easily overwhelmed and not overly fussy, yet I have a specific style and can't be easily swayed. Katie looked at me, instantly knew my size, made me feel right at home, and also made my whole party (I had 6 ladies with me!)... Read More feel so special and amazing. The first dress I put on was the one - I was done in 1 minutes! As an associate brought champagne, my sister (and MOH) asked if she and my bestie (bridesmaid) could use the space to try on some bridesmaid gowns they liked and got to feel super special too. It was perfect!

Dingy wedding gowns

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Melissa C

This bridal salon is great for the bridesmaids and accessories, but not the actual wedding gowns. It took me three months to get an appointment to try on dresses here, and I was sure I would find something perfect because of everything I had seen online. In reality, however, the... Read More dresses look dingy and used; like my great aunt’s lace curtains that haven’t been changed in 50 years. Also you can’t order your own size of the dress, they only have a base selection and you have to get it taken in. There was one I sort of liked but it was a size 11 and I would have had to get it taken in to a 0, which seemed odd. Anyway I was disappointed with the quality and selection of the wedding gowns. The woman who was helping me was not particularly helpful or friendly either. I had my heart set on one dress I liked online, and only after three months when I got there did I find out they didn’t have it. This is after I indicated far in advance that I wanted to try on that dress. On the bright side, I really enjoyed the bridesmaids dresses and accessories. I bought many decor items here which matched the style of our wedding beautifully. I also bought my rehearsal dinner dress here, which I received so many compliments on.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Sofia U

I really enjoyed my dress shopping experience at BHLDN. It's a little different than your typical bridal shop, it's on the second floor of a storefront and the wedding section is fairly small since they focus on all sorts of dresses, not just bridal. However, I was shocked and... Read More surprised to see that I had an entire room to myself for fittings - with a couch, a smaller room to get dressed in, and a huge pedestal. They even gave us champagne. The dresses are different and unique and not as bridal as some other places. I did not end up getting my dress here, but it was the second runner up and it was beautiful! If you're looking for a laid back and different experience, you should definitely go here.

Love BHLDN

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Elizabeth R

Myself and an entourage of six people went to BHLDN to try on some wedding dresses and we received the most amazing service. The woman who worked with us was super attentive and unbelievably nice. My dress was very affordable and I got some many comments on how beautiful it... Read More was.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Ryan G

Ugh, how I wish I had read the reviews on The Knot before buying from BHLDN. I bought a jacket and earrings and am no longer able to return them. How can a company, who specializes in weddings, not understand that 30-day return window is very unrealistic for any bride? I'm so... Read More disappointed because I spend A LOT of money at Anthropologie and my viewpoint is now entirely ruined on this company.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Stacey L

BHLDN was very accommodating when I asked to come back for a second appointment a few weeks after my first, though it was never clear to me why the store scheduled the second appointment with a different stylist. Luckily, both stylists were great, and I found my wedding dress!... Read More As a small caveat, however, I would recommend that brides consider the additional stress and cost of outside alterations when using this store. Most other bridal boutiques and retailers offer in-store alterations, and BHLDN does NOT.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Like other reviewers, I was just a few days outside the 30-day return window (I had been out of town for much of the 30-day period) and BHLDN refused to return (or even exchange!!!) my TWO dresses. Obviously I only ordered two because I expected to return at least one. Choosing... Read More a wedding dress requires time and 30 days is completely unreasonable and also out of keeping with industry standards. Beware of this policy!

Beautiful Dress!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I ordered my dress of BHLDN online last year. I found the correct size based on the size chart and the reviews from other brides online. Once I received it, I found THE most BEAUTIFUL dress! My husband was awed on our wedding day.

The PERFECT Dress

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Rashida N

I was a bride on a budget, and like all brides on a budget, I didn't want to look like a bride on a budget. I had been looking at dresses on bhldn.com for a few months before I decided to pull the trigger on mine. Being from St. Louis, where we don't have a BHLDN store, I was a... Read More little nervous to order it site unseen. This dress was MY dress from the moment I saw it online. It was exactly what I pictured myself in and at $600 it was exactly within my budget. With free returns you can do now wrong. When it arrived in it's box I was a little worried that the lace would look cheap and it absolutely did not. I was no-fuss, lets-just-do-this type bride from the very beginning of wedding planning and this dress and this shop made me feel like a princess on my day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Amanda

I used BHLDN for everything! My dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and my mother's dress all came from BHLDN. Every time we worked with BHLDN we had incredible success! The people at the store were so helpful, and so willing to help us complete my bridal look. Everything arrived... Read More on time and in such perfect condition. Nothing but amazing things to say about BHLDN. Love them!!!

AMAZING JEWELRY

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Alejandra R

I got the most unique, and delicate necklace there. I was very happy with my purchase and is a piece that I will preserve forever!

You will find your dress here...

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Snežana U

I really liked the stylist who worked with me. She listened for what I liked and did not like about different dresses that I was trying on. Based on this, she suggested us the dress that I ended up buying that day. I also very much enjoyed the more high end experience, with... Read More champagne to sip on, and beautiful setting, while knowing that I won't be paying the high end prices. The dresses were good quality and value, especially if you like something that is last year's model and currently on sale. I got A LOT of compliments about my dress and most people could not believe that I got it in the retail store. I also really liked that they had dresses that fit my curvy, tall figure. I highly recommend BHLDN!

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kindal W

BHLDN is exactly my style, and I loved all of their accessories and decor. My only issue with them is that their customer service is absolutely TERRIBLE. I live near a store, and found that the majority of staff was extremely unhelpful. I'm not sure if its because there are so... Read More few stores or that they're very popular so they don't feel the need to please customers, but from a service standpoint they leave much to be desired. I ordered a veil in the store that they didn't have. They ordered it online, but still charged me shipping which I found very odd. Any other questions I had were met with short answers as if my questions were bothering the staff. They have great stuff, but if you can avoid trying to work with the staff I would recommend it!

Unrealistic, dishonest return policy...so disappointed and out $775.

Reviewed on 2/27/2015 Lauren E

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BHLDN ONLINE. I recently (11/17/14) purchased a beautiful dress online, the Aerin Gown, for $700 to try as a potential wedding dress. It was too small, so I exchanged through the mail a larger size on 12/3/14. In the end, the dress didn't work out... Read More after trying it on in my bedroom a few times, so I returned with the return label provided by customer service. Yesterday I received the dress with a note saying the dress was returned in unsellable condition. Further, the note provided to me said that if I chose to return the dress (AGAIN), they will hold it for 30 days for me to claim, after which time they will dispose of it. Perplexed, I spoke with customer service who told me if the dress had a SINGLE THREAD out of place, a SINGLE BEAD missing (which mine had no beads), or if DUST was on it, the dress is considered unsellable. I will never shop here again, and have never witnessed such a ridiculous and unnecessary return policy.

Awesome store!

Reviewed on 1/24/2015 Shannon S

I shopped here back in October 2014 for my wedding in June 2015. Everything about the experience was great! My consultant Michelle and her assistant were friendly, helpful, and patient during the entire appointment. I loved that I was able to choose dresses to try on ahead... Read More of time (online). The dresses were pulled and waiting when I arrived. After speaking with Michelle she pulled more dresses that she thought I would like and look good in. They also let my two matrons of honor pull dresses. Every dress I tried on was gorgeous! We were also allowed to take pictures in the dresses (which some stores don't allow) and were given champagne. Another plus about BHLDN, unlike other wedding dress stores, is that they keep a variety of sizes in stock, so if you do find the dress, you could buy it and take it home that day. Or if they did not happen to have it in store, it could easily be shipped. They also have a ton of lovely bridesmaid/mother of the bride/wedding guest etc dresses in stock as well as beautiful accessories and wedding reception decor! It was a lovely experience overall, though I did not end up buying my dress there. I still may end up buying a reception dress from BHLDN though. I highly recommend shopping here!

Terrible customer service for mother of bride

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Kristen H

I am so disappointed with the customer service with this company. My mom bought a dress that was too big so she ordered the size down online. By the time the new dress arrived and she went to return the dress the company said that she couldn't return the dress because it was a... Read More few days past their 30 day return timeline. My mom explained that she got a size smaller as an exchange but they still refused to return the dress. They wouldn't even offer store credit. Now she is stuck with two of the same dresses, one that doesn't even fit. They were extremely unreasonable. The manager said they would call back but we had to call multiple times before we got a return call (11 days later). This company obviously doesn't care about their customers and I will be letting all my friends know not to support this business and their terrible customer service.

Best Wedding Dress Store

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Rocio V

BHLDN sounds like it would be overpriced, since it is part of Anthropology, but it's actually more reasonable than most places! The quality of their dresses are the best AND their customer service is just as great. They were so accommodating with me and helped me navigate sizes... Read More and returns. I'm so glad I bought my wedding dress here!

Stunning wedding dress & bridesmaids dresses!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Alexandra B

I purchased by wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses from BHLDN, and I'm SO glad I did! Not only were they all very affordable, they went so well together and were in keeping with the style and feel of my wedding. Everyone at the BHLDN store is so professional and helpful.... Read More They really make you feel comfortable and special with champagne during your fittings. Overall, it was such a positive experience and I'd recommend them to anyone!

MAGNIFICENT

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kelci H

My experience at BHLDN was nothing short of wonderful. They were so gracious and helpful while I was there trying on my dress. They helped accessorize, suggest things, let us take pictures of everything and made the whole experience fun and memorable. I even received a sweet... Read More note in the mail from my sales associate after I received my dress [which came in the mail 2 DAYS after I ordered it!!]. Overall amazing place, beautiful dresses and wonderful experience.

Great quality!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Thais P

I bought my dress online from BHLDN, and was impressed with the quality of the fabric and trimming. I had to call them over the phone a couple of times to ask for different sizes, and the customer service attendants were very polite, professional, knowledgeable, and able to not... Read More only clarify my questions but also suggest better solutions. Great product and service, both worth the value.

Wedding earrings

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Ashley B

Ordered some gorgeous drop earrings, and they were perfect to complete my simple and elegant attire.

Great Dress

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Catherine T

Got my wedding dress for the sale section of BHLDN. I bought the dress but never got a confirmation email. When I called they said there was a glitch in the system and my dress was sold to someone else. I wrote a letter to the company in complaint and the dress showed up on my... Read More doorstep the next day. Everyone complimented it and the quality was amazing.