BHLDN

Type

Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Lingerie, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Shoes, Wedding Gowns

8 East Walton Street, Chicago, IL

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kindal W

BHLDN is exactly my style, and I loved all of their accessories and decor. My only issue with them is that their customer service is absolutely TERRIBLE. I live near a store, and found that the majority of staff was extremely unhelpful. I'm not sure if its because there are so few stores or that they're very popular so they don't feel the need to please customers, but from a service standpoint they leave much to be desired. I ordered a veil in the store that they didn't have. They ordered it online, but still charged me shipping which I found very odd. Any other questions I had were met with short answers as if my questions were bothering the staff. They have great stuff, but if you can avoid trying to work with the staff I would recommend it!

Unrealistic, dishonest return policy...so disappointed and out $775.

Reviewed on 2/27/2015 Lauren E

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BHLDN ONLINE. I recently (11/17/14) purchased a beautiful dress online, the Aerin Gown, for $700 to try as a potential wedding dress. It was too small, so I exchanged through the mail a larger size on 12/3/14. In the end, the dress didn't work out after trying it on in my bedroom a few times, so I returned with the return label provided by customer service. Yesterday I received the dress with a note saying the dress was returned in unsellable condition. Further, the note provided to me said that if I chose to return the dress (AGAIN), they will hold it for 30 days for me to claim, after which time they will dispose of it. Perplexed, I spoke with customer service who told me if the dress had a SINGLE THREAD out of place, a SINGLE BEAD missing (which mine had no beads), or if DUST was on it, the dress is considered unsellable. I will never shop here again, and have never witnessed such a ridiculous and unnecessary return policy.

Awesome store!

Reviewed on 1/24/2015 Shannon S

I shopped here back in October 2014 for my wedding in June 2015. Everything about the experience was great! My consultant Michelle and her assistant were friendly, helpful, and patient during the entire appointment. I loved that I was able to choose dresses to try on ahead of time (online). The dresses were pulled and waiting when I arrived. After speaking with Michelle she pulled more dresses that she thought I would like and look good in. They also let my two matrons of honor pull dresses. Every dress I tried on was gorgeous! We were also allowed to take pictures in the dresses (which some stores don't allow) and were given champagne. Another plus about BHLDN, unlike other wedding dress stores, is that they keep a variety of sizes in stock, so if you do find the dress, you could buy it and take it home that day. Or if they did not happen to have it in store, it could easily be shipped. They also have a ton of lovely bridesmaid/mother of the bride/wedding guest etc dresses in stock as well as beautiful accessories and wedding reception decor! It was a lovely experience overall, though I did not end up buying my dress there. I still may end up buying a reception dress from BHLDN though. I highly recommend shopping here!

Terrible customer service for mother of bride

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Kristen H

I am so disappointed with the customer service with this company. My mom bought a dress that was too big so she ordered the size down online. By the time the new dress arrived and she went to return the dress the company said that she couldn't return the dress because it was a few days past their 30 day return timeline. My mom explained that she got a size smaller as an exchange but they still refused to return the dress. They wouldn't even offer store credit. Now she is stuck with two of the same dresses, one that doesn't even fit. They were extremely unreasonable. The manager said they would call back but we had to call multiple times before we got a return call (11 days later). This company obviously doesn't care about their customers and I will be letting all my friends know not to support this business and their terrible customer service.

Best Wedding Dress Store

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Rocio V

BHLDN sounds like it would be overpriced, since it is part of Anthropology, but it's actually more reasonable than most places! The quality of their dresses are the best AND their customer service is just as great. They were so accommodating with me and helped me navigate sizes and returns. I'm so glad I bought my wedding dress here!

Stunning wedding dress & bridesmaids dresses!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Alexandra B

I purchased by wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses from BHLDN, and I'm SO glad I did! Not only were they all very affordable, they went so well together and were in keeping with the style and feel of my wedding. Everyone at the BHLDN store is so professional and helpful. They really make you feel comfortable and special with champagne during your fittings. Overall, it was such a positive experience and I'd recommend them to anyone!

MAGNIFICENT

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kelci H

My experience at BHLDN was nothing short of wonderful. They were so gracious and helpful while I was there trying on my dress. They helped accessorize, suggest things, let us take pictures of everything and made the whole experience fun and memorable. I even received a sweet note in the mail from my sales associate after I received my dress [which came in the mail 2 DAYS after I ordered it!!]. Overall amazing place, beautiful dresses and wonderful experience.

Great quality!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Thais P

I bought my dress online from BHLDN, and was impressed with the quality of the fabric and trimming. I had to call them over the phone a couple of times to ask for different sizes, and the customer service attendants were very polite, professional, knowledgeable, and able to not only clarify my questions but also suggest better solutions. Great product and service, both worth the value.

Wedding earrings

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Ashley B

Ordered some gorgeous drop earrings, and they were perfect to complete my simple and elegant attire.

Great Dress

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Catherine T

Got my wedding dress for the sale section of BHLDN. I bought the dress but never got a confirmation email. When I called they said there was a glitch in the system and my dress was sold to someone else. I wrote a letter to the company in complaint and the dress showed up on my doorstep the next day. Everyone complimented it and the quality was amazing.

BHLDN

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Emily B

I received nonstop compliments on my BHLDN dress on my wedding day. Their shop is amazing, and I got a great price on my dress. The dress was not the highest quality, but I was ok with that (although my tailor wasn't thrilled). It was definitely worth the trip from Milwaukee.

Lulu Gown

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Julie D

Absolutely gorgeous and so comfortable!

So Lovely!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Melissa P

I felt so wonderful during the whole shopping experience! Such a wonderful place

great service & quality

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Katie L

i loved my experience with BHLDN, from trying on in the suite to picking up and picking out bridesmaid dresses. everything there is beautiful!

Amazing store to see the beauty in person

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Phoebe L

I ordered all of my accsessories and special somethings for our wedding day from BHLDN. I honestly could not get enough of the store. Even though I lived in Dallas, I got to visit the Chicago store. It was absolutely amazing to get to feel, see and smell all the items that I had been gushing over on line. I loved every second of being in that store and would have bought it all had my budget allowed for it.

wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Cara S

First of all, the dresses are beautiful. Very whimsy, vintage, classic and just stunning. I went in not having an appointment which is not recommended. Have an appointment to save yourself stress. We told an associate by the name of Clara that I really wanted to try on just one of the gowns. She knew I didn't have an appointment but knew I really wanted to try the dress. I had a rough start at other bridal salons, so I think she could see this in my eyes. She led us back to the fitting room and let me try the dress on without an appointment. That was it!! I received numerous compliments and the gown was timeless and elegant. Their jewelry, headbands, place cards, decoration are all so charming. I would recommend this store to anyone and everyone that is getting married.

Great quality

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Karen M

I loved my wedding dress down to the hanger it arrived on to the bag it came in. It was the perfect shape and style - allowed my seamstress to completely transform the dress into MY perfect dress while retaining its original luster. Excellent quality dress...even my seamstress was impressed. BHLDN even worked with my questions online and facilitated an exchange. They were fantastic.

Beautiful dress

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 Wendy W

My wedding dress was a beautiful, silk, column dress that I ordered from the BHLDN website. It came beautifully package and the material was luxurious. I tried it on and it fit perfectly, though I did have to have it shortened. Even if I had had to return it, their return policy seemed great, with paid shipping and no questions asked.

The Perfect Wedding Dress!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Alison A

I got my wedding dress at Bhldn, and it was one-of-a-kind and beautiful! They made the try on process very fun and gave us champagne during the process. Everyone in the store is very friendly and helpful . I loved my Panes of Lace dress and felt that it was totally “me,” which is exactly what I wanted for my wedding dress. I received so many compliments and was very comfortable for the entire day! Thank you Bhldn for such a wonderful experience!

Timeless Heirlooms

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ashley H

I ended up with two pairs of earrings from BHLDN. One pair I ordered-fresh water pearls hand beaded on lace! They were beautiful, light and delicate--a perfect match to my gown. The second pair, my husband bought as a gift for me. He said they were an heirloom for me to cherish and pass on! I cried...obviously. They happened to match my dress, as well. So I swapped mine for his to wear during the wedding ceremony. Then, I changed into mine for the reception. Both pairs are timeless and stunning!

Beautiful dress

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Lexi M

I bought my dress online and it came true to size, exactly as pictured. The dress itself was perfect and needed no alterations. Even as a sale dress they offered a great return policy and the sale prices are unbelievable. Besides wedding dresses, they also have a wide selection of accessories, decorations, and other dresses. I will definitely be shopping here again and recommend it to anyone who wants a more unique look on their wedding day.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Anna C

Gorgeous dresses, great prices, and wonderful service!

Loved my BHLDN dress!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Abbien C

I recieved so many compliments on my BHLDN dress. It was whimsical, elegant, and perfectly "me".

LOVE this store!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Haley

Even though it was quite drive, I got my veil, sash, and jewelry from here and LOVED it. I received constant compliments!! My mom got her dress from here and looked amazing!

bhldn

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Erica P

found my dress, cake toppers, decor, etc online at bhldn - largely on sale!

TO BHLDN