Welcome to Big Fish Music Productions on The Knot

Winner of the Best of Weddings Award on The Knot for the Chicago Suburbs in back to back years for 2016 and 2017! Also recipient of the Daily Southtown Best of the Chicago Suburbs 2016! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide quality entertainment to any event. We are based out of the Chicagoland area but we have traveled around the Midwest for events of all types. We specialize in weddings! We are now in the uplighting and photo booth business as well.

Country, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

New Lenox, IL Serving all of the Chicagoland area! (708) 362-0947

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Maggie K

With over 150 people at our wedding, traveling from 17 different states and 2 countries, music taste was definitely varied. That being said, Traut knocked it out of the park and had everyone dancing throughout the night! His mood was infectious and his dance moves brilliant! His... Read More ability to mix songs and get folks pumped up for fast songs and swaying to slow really had quite a few of our guests showering us with compliments on the music. His expertise really helped put our minds at ease and he got us when we needed to keep the party going with the bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. I didn't have a watch, and didn't even need one because he kept us on track! We are so grateful for him because somehow, we managed to get my dad to dance to Britney Spears, a feat that was so fantastical that I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming! An amazing professional and talented man, Traut is most definitely the DJ to have at your next event, without a doubt!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Laura C

My wedding would not be what it was without James Traut at Big Fish Music Productions, LLC. The music can make or break a wedding between being a fantastic wedding and an OK wedding. As a bride one of the biggest fears I had was seeing an empty dance floor. I knew I had to find... Read More a DJ that would keep the floor hot and make people want to dance like no one is watching. Jim did exactly that! He has a true talent of knowing what songs to put on and when. Our wedding was a Chicago Blackhawks themed wedding and Jim made sure to Chelsea Dagger on cue and the horn to go off when needed. I had a few guests trying to bribe Jim to just stay 30 more mins, sadly the venue was telling us it was time to leave otherwise Jim would have had us partying ALL NIGHT! Jim was one of the most organized DJs I have ever met and would go that extra mile to ensure that the Bride and Groom were happy. I could not be happier with choosing Jim at Big Fish Music Productions, LLC. I HIGHLY recommend him! If you are looking for an easy, outgoing, well organized and talented DJ, choose Big Fish Music Productions, LLC!!!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Lauren M

Jim was nothing less than INCREDIBLE! Beyond greatful that we chose him to D.J our wedding. He is a super down to earth guy, in fact the first time we met with him we sat and talked for almost 2 hours. He answered all of our questions and handled all of our last minute changes... Read More with ease. He kept everyone out on the dance floor! He played a great mix of music, but also incorporated certain songs we really wanted to hear into the mix. He also kept true to his word to not play certain songs or generes like we requested. The introductions were incredible, and everyone loved our Blackhawks themed introduction. (Yes, Jim has a goal light and horn!) The photobooth was perfect. There was a constant line outside of it. He had great attendants there working it all night. He even bought Disney themed props for us! I would highly, highly recommend him to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/29/2018 Jayme M

Words cannot even Express how amazing Big Fish Music Productions and James were for our wedding day. From the time of booking, James was nothing but helpful and supportive. We ran into a few hiccups with our church and ended up needing an officiant to marry us. James was happy... Read More to marry us and be our DJ and photo booth! He really went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect wedding day and managed to play three different roles to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. The photo booth was a huge hit and was packed all night. As was the dance floor. We had a large variation in the crowd that attended our wedding and everyone seemed to enjoy everything. He even played a few encore songs! We cannot be more grateful for Big Fish for making us have the most wonderful wedding day. Thank you James!

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Kate M

Jim is an AMAZING DJ! I can't say enough good things about him. We got a DJ package through him and a photo booth and both were a big hit! He was great at working with us beforehand, as we were pretty particular about our playlist, and went over everything in detail before the... Read More big day. He was the perfect mix of hands on and hands off that day, making sure we were on schedule, doing the right things, and playing the right songs. He made the night go seamlessly and I am so glad we hired him. Thanks, Jim!

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Kaleigh K

We love Jim and Big Fish Music Productions! Thank you for everything! We are so glad we chose you to be a part of our special day! - David & Kaleigh Brost

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Brittany D

Hiring Big Fish Music Productions was one of the best decisions my husband and I made when it came to choosing our wedding vendors! Jim Traut and his team were such a pleasure to work with. Jim always responded very quickly to our emails and phone calls and ensured that our... Read More wedding night ran seamlessly. We were beyond satisfied with the beautiful uplighting, spacious photo booth and props, and the amazing playlist that Jim compiled for us! We still have guests from our wedding telling us how much fun they had and raving about how great the music was! I highly recommend Big Fish Music Productions to all future brides and grooms. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Brittany D

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Melanie H

We used Big Fish for our DJ and Photobooth. Jim was great to work with! My husband and I enjoy all types of music. Jim was very helpful with recommendations and accommodating everything we threw at him. All of our guests raved about the music and how much fun it was. The... Read More photobooth was a blast! I loved seeing all the pictures and the comments from our guests after the wedding! It's a great "guest book" and memoir to have! I plan on recommending Big Fish to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Morgan H

Big Fish music productions made my day easy and wonderful with great music and really went out of their way to make me feel special on my big day. Communicating with and setting up thier services was easy and the best part was the photobooth and all of the props were provided.... Read More Would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Skylar B

James and his team is the best. Nothing else to it. You want the best music and to party all night long? He's the guy. Book him now, before someone else does!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Skylar B

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Catherine F

My wedding was last weekend and Big Fish Music Productions played a huge part in keeping the party alive. They did such a wonderful job and coordinated everything flawlessly. Everyone said how much they enjoyed the music and the dance floor never stopped. A big thanks to Jim... Read More and his wife for a job well done and helping make our day so memorable!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Healther M

Where do I even begin?! From the beginning Jim was on top of his game and I had not one worry that he wouldn't deliver. He always emailed or called back as soon as I had any questions or new requests. We were also his first wedding that he officiated, and we couldn't be... Read More happier with how everything turned out. He kept people on the dance floor, the photo booth running smoothly and never skipped a beat. We couldn't be more grateful and would use him again and again! Thanks, Jim for everything! Heather and Kevin

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Brendan C

Jim was awesome and went above and beyond to make sure we had the music we wanted for our ceremony and reception. All of our guests have not stopped complimenting us on how good the music was at our wedding. Everyone was dancing the entire night, which is exactly what we... Read More wanted.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Tiffany O

If you are looking for a great DJ look no further. James at Big Fish Music Productions was honestly the best DJ I could have asked for. I got many compliments from guests about how awesome he was! He even helped us stay on time during all the reception photos, bridal toss,... Read More first dances, etc. Seriously, if you want a quality DJ hire Big Fish!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Tess E

Jim was the best DJ I could have asked for! He was recommended to us by our cousins. He played an amazing set of songs and even double checked with me what I was comfortable with through out the night. You won't be disappointed if you book with Big Fish!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Edward M

I highly recommend DJ BIG FISH, WHAT A LUCKY & BLESSED CATCH !!!! Jim & his crew were really personable & accommodating to our needs. He got and kept our dance floor moving from our oldest to youngest guests -- (180 guests age range 6 yrs. - 80yrs.). We were married on... Read More February 18th 2017, and have not stopped receiving compliments on the DJ service/photo-booth etc. He really took care of our needs and respected our wishes ..... Very friendly, and an all around fun guy with a great crew !!! The only suggestion I have for him is that it may be nice to have a sign (noticeable, but not overpowering) to let the guests know that there is a photo-booth. There is so very much going on at a wedding that some guests are unaware/forgot about using this service as it is almost always in an out of the way spot. The album that comes with the booth is an AMAZING and funny gift/perk with personal notes & crazy pictures from your guests (I just wish more of them would have used it --- No fault of Jim's) --- If I was to change anything I would have actually tried to make sure they all went into it !!! LOL !!!! He is truly worth FIVE STARS and the music/MC service was exceptional.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Katie M

We just had Jim and his wife as DJs for our wedding March 29th 2017 and we could NOT have been happier! Not only was Jim exceptionally professional, he was super understanding to the wedding process, friendly, offering great ideas and even broke some awesome dance moves with... Read More us! There is not a single negative thing we could say about him even if we tried! You will not regret booking him!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Ashley M

Bigfish was awesome! The dance floor was packed all night. Dinner music was on! The anniversary dance and introductions were great. Jim made sure he played what we liked. I highly recommend this company. Our photo booth was great! Harry Potter Disney star wars and more props!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Kim M

When I first met Jim, he was setting up for a wedding on a Friday in November 2015. I took my parents to look at the venue, and he was patient, and very very helpful. A few weeks later, my now husband and I meet up with Jim, at a place near our home in Indiana, to talk about his... Read More services and look at the contract. Big Fish Productions was the ONLY company that we looked into. We signed and put down a deposit right then and their!! On November 4, 2016 Ryan and I had, THE BEST, Dj, ceremony and reception, Up Lighting, and Photo Booth. Every wedding has a few glitches and Jim was on top of it. We had a few place cards that went "missing" and Jim took care of it by making announcements a few times for us. During dinner, Jim had to come up to me to tell me that my MOH wasn't doing a speech. He didn't have fear in his eyes he had suggestion's and solution's to the problem. Every one Loved Loved Loved the photo booth and the duplicate picture was turned into our guest book that had a CD of all of the Photo Booth pictures. Needless to say Big Fish Productions has been the ONLY one I have been referring on ALL of their services, and will ONLY be telling Great things about.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Melissa F

Awesome dj!!!!! Jim was very thorough and made sure we were happy!!! He is extremely personable and was great to work with! He came recommended so I was totally at ease in the dj dept and he seemed like he takes pride in his work so I was stress free! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Traci U

James was our DJ and we could not have been happier! We hired him based on reviews form The Knot. He was so great to work with from the very beginning! James was great with communication from the start, and made sure he knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Throughout the... Read More

night, James kept the dance floor full! He made several suggestions during the night which made our reception even better! We never had to worry about a thing! We highly recommend hiring Big Fish Music Productions for your wedding or event!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Theresa B

Jim was so much fun! He was great to work with - very flexible. He is great with reading a room to keep the energy up. Our guests LOVED the photo booth! All of these traits made him a great DJ - but he really went the extra mile for us. We had the bar open at the end of the... Read More night, and instead of closing down right away he kept the music going so our guests could keep dancing. He also makes a personalized photo booth album, which is a great keep sake that we didn't expect. I would HIGHLY recommend Jim and his company!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Mike K

James Trout and Big Fish Productions were absolutely amazing. James was really easy to work with and helped us with the playlist. James was an absolute professional! The up lighting he provided made the room look amazing. His introductions were spot on and he kept the dance... Read More floor packed! I can not recommend James Trout and Big Fish enough. You will not be sorry!

James Traut

I am a person who is 100% devoted to making sure that your day is everything you want it to be and more. I will work with you in the months leading up to it to make sure of this. I am high energy, professional, and courteous all at the same time.