Biltmore

Planning

1 Lodge St, Asheville, NC

Deerpark Wedding on Biltmore Estate 9/27/14

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Kathryn P

The Biltmore Estate served as the perfect venue for both my ceremony and my reception. So glad to of had the opportunity to plan a wedding in such a dreamy location!! (Mine was in Deerpark)

Very Organized and wonderful Presentation

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Derin T

The proposal was perfect and they did exactly what they proposed! Very beautiful arrangements and amazing ideas! I didn't have to worry about a thing and they even made my original ideas come to life.

Beautiful but made huge serving mistake

Reviewed on 8/02/2014

Our wedding would have been perfect except for a huge serving error made by Biltmore's on-site coordinator. The on-site coordinator and our main contact Maura never acknowledged, apologized or made any amends for the mistake which resulted in a greatly reduced time for planned activities following dinner and guests feeling like the evening was drawn out. Our dinner reception was supposed to start at 7:30pm per our event agenda in the contract. It was like they totally forgot about it until finally my mom asked them to begin serving dinner around 8:30pm. It pushed everything we had planned back. Guests didn't finish dinner until around 9:30pm, which pushed back the time for the toast and forced us to do the cake immediately after. Serving of the cake didn't finish until around 10:15pm, well into the time when dancing was planned. The last few hours of our event ended up being rushed, which was the last thing I wanted. It was very discouraging given all of the time, effort and communications that had gone into planning our wedding with Maura. I had expected a lot more professionalism and accountability from the Biltmore Estate, especially based on how they advertise/display themselves as a premier venue.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Mary P

I planned my wedding in Asheville, NC from 3000 miles away. Working with Ashley at the Biltmore Estate was an absolute pleasure. The Biltmore facilities, customer services and experience is second to none. We truly had the wedding of our dreams.

Gorgeous!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Misty N

Perfect venue to get married! Staff was excellent!! Everything was beautiful and turned out perfect.

2013-07-12T09:54:16 Response from Stephanie, the member

Thank you for such a wonderful comment! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us!

A great place to be married

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Erin D

We selected Biltmore for our wedding venue because it is beautiful and in between our families' hometowns. And it was beautiful. The wedding vendors in Asheville are so good and we were able to get some beautiful wedding photos. Our guests all had a wonderful time as well despite it being a little rainy. You are required to use Biltmore for catering, so like cake and food will be done by them. I was totally in awe of their work on this front. The cake did taste great, but wasn't really beautiful, and the food was okay. They did accommodate 3 vegetarians without making us change the entire menu, which was nice. The wedding coordinator (Shea Young) was a little hard to get in touch with and made me feel like a number, which I've heard is sometimes a problem with Biltmore weddings. But her assistant Emily was great.

GREAT VENDOR

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Lara H

Our wedding was SOOO beautiful! I would suggest everyone check out the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Your guests will be talking about it for a long time!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Sasha J

The Biltmore was a goregous place to have a reception and rehearsal dinner at. The thing that stood out the most was the assistance we got from Ashley Gardner who helped us with everything. She was very attentive to all of the details and requests, was a delight to work with, and was responsive in a very timely fashion. The service and food quality was top notch. We had a seated dinner for 180 people - and the food was delicious, presented nicely, and everything was timely but not rushed. You pay top dollar to have a wedding here, but it is worth every penny. They are just amazing!

Champagne Cellar

Reviewed on 2/06/2013 Ashleigh D

Our ceremony and reception were held in the Champagne Cellar at the Biltmore Estate and without ever visiting the venue (we live over 2,000 miles away) it was more than I could ever have dreamed of. The long hall leading to the room was so grand for a bride’s entrance! The cozy feeling of the exposed brick and dim lighting made the space perfect for our intimate wedding! And the staff out did themselves! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating (they even stepped in during my rehearsal to play the roles of certain family members who could not make the rehearsal so I would know what to do)! It was absolutely perfect!

Dream location

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Genna B

They were a wonderful staff and on point. It was a beautiful location and I highly recommend them.

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Kelsey T

We got married at the DeerPark at Biltmore Estate. It was beautiful! The staff are warm and friendly, they are there to make your day perfect, and it was!

the Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Alison A

Our wedding was amazing.

Biltmore Lives Up To Its Name and Reputation

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Brooke F

Growing up in Asheville, NC, I always dreamed of having my wedding on the Biltmore Estate. Luckily, my dream came true and we had our wedding at the Inn on Biltmore Estate - an outdoor ceremony overlooking the mansion and mountains, and an indoor reception spanning two ballrooms and a window-lined gallery. From top to bottom, our wedding was top notch. The Inn is a four-star, highly rated hotel and it lives up to its rating in every way. The food was A+, and they were very accommodating on adapting the menu to our tastes. The staff was extremely professional and helpful, always on hand to answer any questions and satisfy our every need. Our guests were mesmerized by the scenic beauty, of course, but also by the attention to detail - the ice cubes even had glitter in them to give the cocktails a little extra shine. Many of my friends and family have called it the best wedding they've ever been to. Biltmore is very expensive, but they strive to give their brides the Biltmore fairy tale they so desire, and they succeed.

Nice

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Tessa M

Went to a wedding here, and it was beautiful!

Really failed to meet my expectations

Reviewed on 7/07/2012 Holly K

I had such high expectations for the Biltmore. My husband and I chose the biltmore for our wedding because we figured, they do so many weddings - it has to be like a well-oiled machine. We couldn't have been more wrong. It is expensive to get married at the Biltmore, and we did not feel like we got our money's worth. We chose to get married at the lioncrest, and while the location is beautiful and the food was delicious, that is where my praises end. We had so much difficulty dealing with the staff at the biltmore, particularly the catering manager we were assigned, Maura Scarmack. During our planning process, we were assigned to a different manager while Maura was on maternity leave, who gave us a different, lower, maximum number of guests than we were originally told we could have. So, we worked hard to cut down our lists and invite fewer guests. Then, when Maura came back, we were again told the original number - so my mom was especially upset that she could have, afterall, invited many of her family members that she had thought she had to cut from the list. The major problem I had with Maura, was that leading up to the wedding, I felt that I had to repeat myself over and over and over in order for her to get things right. This added to my anxiety tremendously - no bride wants to feel that her opinions are being ignored. What was worse, it wasn't simply my opinions - it was serious oversights. I had to tell Maura at least 4 times that I was allergic to almonds and that they could not be in the salad before she finally took them off the menu. Maura asked me point blank at our testing if I wanted table cloth overlays on all the tables - and I said, of course I do. On my wedding day, the sweetheart table, cake table, and cocktail table are all without overlays. What makes this mistake unforgivable was that she asked me point blank what I wanted, and then did her own thing anyway. My mother gave her the final count on number of guests on the day that she requested it - and yet the final contract that was presented to us the night of the rehearsal dinner had the count incorrect, and we were overcharged. Lastly, on the day of the wedding, my husband and I sat down at our sweetheart table (that was without table cloth overlay!) to find that the menu had one of the cake flavors incorrect. We asked our "point person" if this was a typo or if the cake flavor was incorrect - he lied right to our faces and told us that the menu was incorrect, but reassured us that the cake flavor was the one we tried and loved. It was not. The cake was a flavor that we didn't even try at our tasting. It wasn't even one of our options! It was my husband's pick - and he was so excited that he got to choose our wedding cake flavor and that detail was his. Yet another oversight on the part of the Biltmore staff took this moment away from us. I do not understand how a flavor of cake that we didn't even try at our tasting ended up at our wedding. I could understand one mistake, but I simply can not understand how a supposedly high quality venue could have so many oversights on someone's special day. Our wedding was beautiful, but the process was unnecessarily stressful because of the failure on Maura's part to simply listen and follow directions. My wedding wasn't ruined, but there were so many ways in which I was beyond disappointed. If I could do it all over again and do it somewhere else, I absolutely would. Working with Maura was a nightmare.

Biltmore Estate review

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Lauren W

We had our wedding at the Deerpark at Biltmore Estate and it was truly magical. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect location!

Champagne Cellar New Year's Eve

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Kathryn T

It was beautiful and small, and technically less expensive than I thought it would be to get married at the Biltmore Estate. The food was amazing, everyone had a great time, the cake was beautiful, and the catering staff including Ashley, Sara, and Helmut (plus others) really made it a wonderful experience. I highly recommend getting married at the Biltmore Estate, whether it is the Champagne Cellar or Diana or on the Vista or at Deerpark. There might be multiple weddings going on during the same time, but you would never know it. They are so far apart and everyone treats you like yours is the only one they know about. Sara had everything under control. When I needed an emergency sewing kit (left mine in the room somehow), or to make sure certain people got the right food/drink or were kept away from certain food/drink, she was on top of it. Helmut was the best server/bartender. We once had him at the Bistro and wanted him to be there. He even signed our guest book at our request and wrote something very nice. I don't even like cake, but I doubt our top tier will be making it to our anniversary, it was that delicious. People are still talking about the food.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 1/16/2012 Brigit W

*****

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Barbara J

Our wedding could not have been more beautiful. We were married in a small ceremony in the Champagne Cellar, and the venue was stunning. The staff made the event seem effortless and took all the pressure off me so that I could enjoy the day. All our guess are still raving about the experience, and my husband and I could not have asked for a more wonderful event. They exceeded all our expectations!

A 6 Star Event

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Kristen M

I could not be more pleased with our wedding at Biltmore, I was swept off my feet by how enchanting and sophisticated the weekend was! Thank you to all of the staff for your incredible service and your anticipating our every need! I highly recommend getting married here or having any event here!

Magical and Beyond Compare

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Linda B

We recently (June 25, 2011) held my daughter's wedding at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Our experience was outstanding. There truly is no better venue if you are looking for a romantic and classically beautiful location for a wedding. There are multiple locations on the Estate grounds to hold a wedding. We choose the Deerpark. The staff was friendly and extremely professional. Their communication was excellent and we were pleased with our entire experience. The food was wonderful and no your standard wedding fare. Our planning consultant, Ashley Gardner, was truly outstanding. Every small detail she checked into and offered multiple options for us to decide upon. She made our experience tuly magical. It is a night our entire family will remember all our lives.

Champagne Cellar at the Winery on Biltmore Estaste

Reviewed on 5/22/2011 Amanda T

The site is small, initmate, and beautiful. The Champagne Cellar only hold 30 people and it provided the perfect area for both our ceremony and our reception. A wine tour was included so that the staff could flip the room. The bartender and servers were fantastic. None of the guests had the opportunity to ask for anything as it was provided to them before they even know they wanted it. The food was some of the best I have ever had, the room for the night of the wedding was posh and luscious, and the cake was beautiful. I have only heard great things about the Biltmore and yet I was blown away by how amazing everything was. The Bilmore provides the tables, chairs, linens, table settings, cake, 5 course dinner, and open bar.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 5/13/2011 Britt M

Awesome place to have any event. Maura at the Lioncrest coordinated our big day at the Lioncrest and Deerpark. It went wonderfully. They made an event that fit us well, and the brunch was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten.

Biltmore wedding

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 Lori H

LOVED our storybook wedding at Biltmore!! It is the perfect destination wedding site!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Melissa R

The Biltmore Estate was the perfect place to host our wedding reception. The staff was wonderful and cared about every detail as much as I did. Biltmore provided the food and the cake, and everything was excellent and of the best quality. I do not have a single negative thing to say about the Biltmore. It was a dream venue for my wedding.

TO Biltmore