Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cakes + Desserts

13 Staples Street Eliot, Maine, ME (207) 457-5314

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Allison B

Kara was amazing to work with and helped create the most beautiful wedding cake for us. I have been to many weddings and have experienced cake that may look great but lacks great taste. Kara's cakes have it all - amazing taste and beautiful design. I was so pleased with our... Read More cake and will use Kara in the future for other cake needs. The cake was so good that I have to admit we even had it a week after our wedding and it still tasted just a great and fresh. Thank you Kara for your great customer service and for bringing our vision to life!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie D

Kara was excellent to work with! She was so pleasant at our cake tasting and the cakes--were to die for! It was so hard to choose which flavor we liked best. After a tough decision, we decided on the Carrot Cake. She had sketched what we had wanted for a cake--but OMG the final... Read More product was absolutely stunning! We had so many compliments on it--it was so elegant and tasted delicious! We are so so pleased we went with Black Bunny Bakery. If we need another cake, then we will definitely be ordering through Kara! Thanks for making our wedding so special! ~Stephanie & Andrew

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Scott K

OMG!!!! Can't say enough about the cake she produced. Everyone raved about it and it's the first wedding I've ever seen where everyone loved and ate they cake. I was dead set against Fondant when we went for the tasting but one taste and I was hooked. She was able to take... Read More our family crest and put it on the front of the cake. Her talent is exceptional and she has the skill of a fine artist. I can't wait to find another reason to have he make another cake for us. And, her facility.....one of the cleanest and best kitchen set ups we had the pleasure of seeing. You can't go wrong with Black Bunny!!!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Courtney S

Kara was absolutely fantastic. The cake was the biggest hit with our wedding guests! The flavors were just delicious. Everything she makes is from fresh ingredients. We had lemon cake with fresh blueberry filling and yellow cake with chocolate ganache. Kara made my imagination... Read More come to life. Through planning, Kara was extremely responsive and patient answering my million questions. She is incredible knowledgable with a food science background, but has amazing creativity. I would recommend Kara a thousand times over. BEST. DECISION.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Emlyn M

I absolutely couldn't be happier with Kara and with our wedding cake!! We first found Kara for a birthday party where she made the most beautiful cake shaped like a Louis Vuitton bag for my mother in law. Everyone at the party was totally blown away, and this chance meeting led... Read More to many more cakes from Black Bunny for our family! Kara listens to every detail you want and is willing to make the perfect wedding cake for you. She really has an incredible attention to detail and tries to take elements of your wedding to create a beautiful design. Not only is it beautiful on the outside, but also delicious on the inside. She makes her own fondant and it really is delicious! Seriously, don't pass her up, she is truly the best in the area.

Perfect cake

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 K V

I cannot recommend Black Bunny Bakery highly enough. I saw a picture of what I wanted, and Kara was able to recreate it perfectly. She was very thoughtful about the best size/shape to be able make the cake we wanted and to get it the long distance to our wedding site. The cake... Read More was beautiful, and just as important, delicious! I had wedding guests tell me they went up for a third helping. Somehow we managed to save the top tier from being eaten, and I can't wait to enjoy it again next year!

Our Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Catherine F

My husband and I chose the Black Bunny Bakery in Eliot Maine to do our wedding cake tasting. We went to her bakery shop which is at her house and tried 8 different types of cakes. It was so hard to choose because they all tasted soooo good!! Finally we chose Yellow pound cake... Read More with a chocolate ganache filling... amazing! We got a 4 tier cake, with round tiers. The designs we chose for the cake were not something you see everyday, since our wedding themse was leopard and lace, and I had seen a gold leopard print wedding cake on pinterest of course, I wanted mine to look like that! We chose black lace for the bottom and 3rd tier, and we chose gold leopard print for the 2nd and top tier. We did not have a cake topper but instead chose to have 3 lillys one on the bottom, one towards the middle, and one on the top tier, they were white brushed with gold and they looked so real! Everything on the cake was edible as well. The cake came out even better than I could have imagined and tasted amazing as well! We are so incredibly happy with the service we received from Kara at the Black Bunny Bakery!

So Yummy

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 michelle h

We heard about Black Bunny Bakery through word of mouth. Our inquiry was met with a quick response by Kara. Kara is very warm and friendly, but also very professional. Her studio, were all the magic happens, is impeccably clean and modern. She had more than enough tasting... Read More samples ready for us to try. We thoroughly enjoyed all of them ... every flavor was outstanding. Put it this way, I probably ate more than I should have! You can tell that everything is made from scratch and so it should be. Kara listened to our thoughts on design and was very open to a special request for our wanting for a homemade cake topper. We were more than thrilled with Kara and our tasting and decided on the spot that we wanted her to make our wedding cake. We left with no worries that it would be done right and super delicious! The cake ended up being amazing, and from what I heard, people were fighting over the leftovers following the reception!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Jennifer T

Kara was great to work with. I live out of town and had to deal a lot with vendors via telephone and email. I sent her about 5 pics of things I like and talked to her once on the phone and she nailed it. The cake was so good. Not dry, or "rot your teeth out"sugary. Perfect... Read More balance. Plus the prices are good.

Creative and delicious

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Janelle V

We loved black bunny. At our tasting my fiance ate the entire plate! Kara was great to work with and responded quickly with any changes we wanted. We had both a wedding cake and a grooms cake as well as apple crisp dessert. The thing we loved most was the actual taste of the... Read More cake-its good, like really good. The rest was just...the icing on the cake ;)

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Chelsey C

We used Black Bunny Bakery for our September wedding and could not have been happier with the outcome. Kara was wonderful to work with in the planning process as she was always kind and responsive. We chose a lemon cake with wild Maine blueberry filling and it was delicious!... Read More We are not sure if we can wait a whole year to eat the top portion that is in our freezer. Kara added beautiful details to our cake and listened to all of our requests. We would highly recommend Black Bunny Bakery!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Amy B

The cupcakes were decorated so perfect for my venue! They were delicious and delivered as promised.

Last Minute Savior!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Melissa G

We called Kara at Black Bunny 3 weeks before our wedding because our previous cake baker fell through. She did not hesitate to say that she could help us even though it was such short notice. Within a few days of initial contact, we had a price, samples, and a design. Every... Read More flavor we sampled was delicious which made it difficult to chose (but you can't go wrong with any of them, they're all so good)! Kara makes everything fresh from scratch and you can definitely tell with the quality of the cake. The finished product was beautiful and tasted even better. I'm currently trying to find another occasion that I would need a cake for simply so I can have Kara make me a cake!

So happy we chose Black Bunny!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Jennifer E

We had Kara design our teacake and cupcakes for our wedding and she did a fabulous job! I loved how she helped us develop our idea for the teacake, she's a fabulous artist! We received a lot of compliments on how our delicious our cupcakes were. I would recommend Black Bunny to... Read More other brides. I enjoyed the personalized experience and homemade taste!

Most stunning cake!

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Korie L

Kara is such a joy to work with and helped me express the idea I had in my head so perfectly! We were thrilled with the way the cake turned out and received so many compliments! Did I mention it tasted amazing?!

Fantastic, higgh quality, and personable

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 Cori M

Kara was wonderful. She created the exact cake that we wanted, going above and beyond with high quality ingredients and details. A small, independently owned business where the owner loves what she does. I highly recommend Black Bunny Bakery.

Kara is wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Marty R

We did a mix of a traditional cake (carrot cake) and cup cakes (red velvet) and I haven't stopped hearing from guests how it was the best wedding cake they've had. It wasn't dry, the frosting wasn't too hard...it was all just perfect. Kara is very detail oriented, which we... Read More loved, because we are the same way and she takes a great deal of care to ensure that her cakes look and taste like homemade rather than mass produced. Even her fondant is unlike any we had taste before and wasn't your run of the mill stuff that gets hard and ruins the cake once you are ready to eat it after it sits out for a few hours. Her prices were reasonable, her professionalism was unmatched and we recommend her with our whole hearts.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Stephanie R

Kara's creations are delicious! She was so great to work with, very diligent and she created a beautiful (and tasty) cake for our wedding. We really enjoyed working with her, and love that she does everything out of her home. It's really evident that she loves what she does,... Read More and the care comes through in the taste and look of the cake. We were really pleased with the whole experience.

Our vision in reality

Reviewed on 7/16/2011 Kelly C

When searching for a baker we knew we wanted a cupcake tower. We had originally wanted to get married in Vegas so thought we would bring a little vegas flair to our cake. When we met with Kara Sawyer from Black Bunny Bakery we showed her pictures of the Bellagio ceiling. All... Read More hand blown glass in beautiful jeweled colors. Our colors for the wedding were Kelly Green and Cobalt Blue. She was able to draw in front of us a top tier of the tower covered in hand blown sugar flowers. It was beautiful! Best of all, the cupcakes we tried were delicious! She had a variety of flavors to suit everyone and we went with two flavors to give everyone a choice. Her Carrot cake is to die for (and I'm not usually a fan of carrot cake!). When we saw the tower on the day of it was everything we had envisioned and just as delicious!

Kara is amazing

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 April May F

I was searching for vendors for my cupcake tower and came across Black Bunny Bakery, it is a home based business and Kara is very professional. I had my cake testing and couldn't believe the flavors that she created. I ended up choosing the Strawberry and Red Velvet (but I also... Read More LOVED the Carrot Cake). We sat down and talked about the design of the cupcake and the small cake that we were going to cut into. I decided on gerbera daisies cascading down the side of the small cake and then we had gerbera daisies around the cupcakes. When I walked into the reception I really started to cry my cake was everything that I had pictured. I highly recommend Black Bunny Bakery, you will not be disappointed!