Black on Burlington

Kansas City, MO

Ballroom

1327 Burlington, Kansas City, MO (816) 581-4340

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Chelsea M

This is such a hidden gem in the KC area. The location is prime and the décor is awesome. The best part, you can bring your own food and alcohol. Roxanne is so great to work with and always there to answer questions. If you're looking for a venue north of the river, this is... Read More place. Thank you to the Black on Burlington team for making my wedding so great!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jenny H

Roxanne was amazing all the way through the process. There was a huge misunderstanding with the linens 2 days before the wedding. Our colors were Royal Blue and Violet. However, the linen company called a lavender shade “Violet”. When I saw the linens together and they confirmed... Read More they were for our wedding, I flipped! They were HORRIBLE together. I hated to be “that bride”, but I had to be. Roxanne and I argued back and forth about whose fault it was and how much it was going to cost her to fix the problem. I finally said, “I don’t care how much it cost you to fix the problem, but this purple will NOT be at my wedding” and requested the correct shade of purple. What upset me was that she told me the whole office was saying how ugly the colors were together, but no one called me or texted me a picture. Nothing. I would have been glad to go down to there to make sure everything was perfect. I left feeling very uneasy. The day came and the linens were beautiful. The only problem the day of was that there was an entire row of tables at the back that weren’t supposed to be there. We had decided not to have them because we didn’t have as many RSVP as we thought we would. So the day of, it looked like we had a lot of people not show up, but in reality, there were 32 seats that weren’t supposed to be there. Roxanne helped throw in some decorations she had to go with our theme and let us take pictures on the rooftop. Overall, not too bad, but the linens and tables were a big deal to me which is why I didn’t leave a 5 star review.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Erin B

Such a wonderful venue filled with helpful and supportive people! I would not have it any other way! Chase was such a great help with the planning and orchestrating the details in my reception. The place was beautiful and very accomodating with using decorations and using other... Read More vendors.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Mary S

Great venue, and the staff was WONDERFUL, what a hidden gem! Everyone was so helpful, accommodating, and professional. Communication was great during the entire process and everything went so smooth and the reception was perfect! Thanks to EVERYONE at Black on Burlington! Highly... Read More recommend! Mary

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Jess S

Black on Burlington was amazing and I would highly recommend them to any bride! The space is fabulous, the price is great, and Roxanne was so easy to work with. We got so many compliments on the location and setup. I would have my reception here again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

What a wonderful event space for a wedding reception! Plenty of parking, unique décor & an awesome bar area. Chase was wonderful to work with. He gave my daughter lots of options & was also there during the reception helping out. Highly recommend this venue - guests loved... Read More it!

Absolutely Fantastic Experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Jaclyn S

I can not say enough good things about Roxanne and her entire team at Black on Burlington! They were so wonderful to work with. We had both our ceremony and our reception at this venue and we were so pleased. The space itself is very modern, with exposed brick walls, metal... Read More sliding doors by the bar, and exposed beam ceilings. I received so many compliments from our guests about what a neat space we had chosen, and how friendly and accommodating the entire staff were. They do have a DJ they contract with exclusively (Platinum Productions - reviewed separately), but we really liked them, and felt that this was a benefit, not a drawback. They also have their own in-house catering company (Above and Beyond Catering - also reviewed separately), but this is a choice, not a requirement. I was fortunate to work with Roxanne directly for almost everything, and I have so say, she was absolutely wonderful. She was flexible and easy going, she was helpful in the entire planning process, and she allowed me access to the space any time I needed it, which was a lot in my estimation. She was also very responsive to all my texts and emails, even late in the evening sometimes, when I didn't expect to hear from her until the next day. On top of all the wonderful service, this place is a bargain compared to many that we looked at. It wasn't the cheapest, but since they let you shop caterers, this gave us an opportunity to save some money where you typically end up spending the most. Also, Roxanne gives you access to all their decorations to use as you need, so this saved us a TON of money on decorations, as we only had to supplement any extras we wanted: colored candles and flowers as desired. I'm sure there is so much more I could say about the wonderful experience we had working with Black on Burlington, but my best advice is simply meet with her and see for yourself. You'll be as impressed as I was from from the first meeting to the final clean up.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Amanda R

We received so many compliments on this venue! Roxanne was amazing to work with!

Hidden Gem with Great Features

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Michelle B

If you're looking for a venue that includes the necessities yet provides flexibility Black on Burlington is your go to choice. Our top priorities for a reception venue was that we could provide our own alcohol and choose our caterer. Not only was these options included but... Read More Black on Burlington also provides, set-ups, and takes-down the chairs, tables, and linens. Another fantastic feature was if nothing is booked the day before or after they allow you to begin decorating a day or 2 beforehand as well as gather all of your belongings the next day. This is a must in my opinion as the day goes by so fast that is the last thing you need to worry about on your wedding day. We were very satisfied with the bartenders and security that we hired through B.O.B along with the day of event staff to ensure our reception went off without a hitch. Oh and lastly, all of our guest loved the event space and are still talking about it a month later! :)

Amazing Alternative/Industrial/Vintage Space

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Tara H

This was the perfect venue for our old-school Hollywood/1940s style wedding. The exposed brick walls & old metal doors give it this incredible vibe. Tina is wonderful & makes the best food. Everyone at the reception couldn't stop talking about how good the food was! The... Read More space is so versatile, you can decorate it in any style and will look great! (Total cost of services was higher for us because we used the in-house catering.)

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Beth T

Black on Burlington was a beautiful space for our wedding reception! The renovated warehouse had so much character but enough open space that you can do so many things with it. We added a display of lanterns over our dance floor and it looked amazing in this space. We received... Read More so many complements on our reception; many guests told us it was the most unique venue they'd ever been to!

Great Venue! Great Experience!

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Jen W

Roxanne and team did a wonderful job for our wedding reception! She was available for multiple meetings before the event to make sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. Roxanne used her past experiences to help make our day run smoothly. She gave advice on... Read More layouts, centerpieces and lighting and if there is not an event the night before you are allowed to get in and get everything set up. We arrived at the space at 8am on the Saturday of our wedding and the staff had all of the tables set up in the agreed upon layout and ready for us to add our centerpices and decorations. We were allowed to bring in our own catering and alcohol which helped us stay within our wedding budget. The bar area looked absolutely stunning once we had all the candles lit and the bar stocked. Overall, it was a great venue and I definitely recommend checking it out! Thanks Roxanne & Team! :)

Love Love Love!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Devin G

Everything was perfect! Patrice was so helpful. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the recepetion. They were very organized. I forgot to order the dinner plates (of all things!) but Patrice pulled their own plates to put at the buffet. My guests couldn't believe how... Read More neat everything looked inside. It was beautiful!!!

Black on Burlington: An amazing experience

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Courtney M

We had an amazing experience with Black on Burlington! Every staff member was eager to help and willing to offer their knowledge to help us determine what setup and ideas would work best for what we wanted to acheive. They truly went above and beyond. They were always... Read More accessible and able to answer questions along the way; which helped tremendously with planning! I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Trisha K

This place was easy to work with and took care of our wedding! The space is beautiful. I would recommend to anyone!