Black Tie DJ Entertainment

Tampa and surrounding Gulf Coast area, and the Orlando area

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Caribbean, Celtic, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Tampa and surrounding Gulf Coast area, and the Orlando area (813) 539-0034

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Kristen H

Flavio was a terrific addition to our wedding day! We are so pleased that we picked him to be our DJ. First I will talk about his personality/presence. When we first met Flavio to see if he would fit the bill, we were impressed by his easy going attitude but overall... Read More professionalism and dedication to his craft. He asked us questions and generally seemed interested in our wedding plans outside of DJing. He emailed us a few times over our year + engagement asking how everything was going and if he could help in any way. He is a really sweet guy and wants to do right by his clients! Next I will talk about the day of the wedding. Flavio showed up early to make sure everything was set up for cocktail hour and the reception. We gave him creative control because he is a professional, and we have no regrets there! When we arrived at the reception, the timeline went off without a hitch, he was flexible when we wanted to change the timeline, and he played great music that numerous generations could enjoy/ dance to. As soon as the dance music started, people were out on the floor all night and we attribute that to Flavio! We cannot thank him enough!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Caitlin Q

Flavio was great to work with and definitely ensured that everyone at our wedding had a great time --he was able to blend some diverse music preferences and still make everyone happy and keep our guests dancing. We'd highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Michelle B

Flavio was an absolute professional from start to finish. He is organized and checks in regularly with the bride and groom to assist in any wedding planning help. He truly goes above and beyond just being a DJ. His website forum is easy to use and makes it so that your wedding... Read More can be exactly what you want. He was able to listen to what music we like and also add his own recommendations to create the feel and atmosphere we desired. He was also able to think on the fly and change his plan for the music when our venue changed the schedule of events at our wedding last minute. Flavio made everything happen seamlessly and kept our wedding on schedule while staying true to our style. He is an amazing DJ and does not try to take over your event by talking too much. He keeps the focus on the bride and groom, as it should be. I also recommend his uplighting options. It looks beautiful and was more affordable than many other places. I strongly recommend Flavio for your wedding or any other event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Flavio was great to work with! Right from the beginning with him taking the time to conduct a consultation meeting, helping with the planning and coordinating with all the other vendors. I of course have never been married, so it was great to have someone that can help with... Read More all this. On the day of the wedding, he arrived very early, had music playing as everyone arrived, and kept the party going all night long in a very tasteful manner. If you are looking for a professional DJ that can have your guests very happy all night, look no further!! I highly recommend Black Tie DJ Entertainment!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Very nice guy!! Him and his assistant did a great job! He was professional and had a great sense of what music to play. He kept me in the loop and his website was awesome; the way you could navigate and do requests. Highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kaity H

My Wife and I got married on September 26th. At first we wanted a band and then realized how much it was going to cost so we went with a DJ. Everything was better then we expected! Flavio knew when to slow it down and when to get the party going. I would definitely recommend... Read More him for your wedding!! Thank you again! Nick/Kaity

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Rosanie V

Excellent choice for our DJ! Flavio is a good natured, quality professional who delivered flawlessly despite inclement weather, power outages, and a somewhat slippery dance floor. He worked with us across country to cover all the details and offered great advice on some of the... Read More song selection, timing, and other factors involved. Flavio was also able to integrate a highly diverse crowd with his music selection and knowledge. He keeps his word, delivered a great party, and would be my 1st choice and recommendation for any wedding or future DJ'd event. FIVE STARS!!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 kathlyn g

Flavio was absolutely wonderful. He was accommodating and great at going with the flow! I have never had to plan an event before, and he answered all my millions of questions with professionalism and ease. He was a pleasure to work with, and I know that if I ever need DJ... Read More servicing again, he is the man I will call.

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

I used many websites to find great vendors for my wedding. We ultimately hired Flavio from Black Tie DJ Entertainment because he had great reviews across the board. He was so fantastic to work with right off the bat. He responded to all of my e-mails and we even had a few phone... Read More conversations. He was extremely reliable. Our venue was a space he had not worked in yet so he met with us a few days before the wedding to get a the lay of the land. On the day of our wedding everything went so smoothly! The hi-light was really the dancing at the end. We wanted a huge dance party and we definitely got it! The lighting was also terrific and fit the space really well. The music was right on point and our guests had a great time! I honestly can't say enough great things about Flavio's services. He did everything asked for and helped us pull-off a PERFECT NIGHT!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Jessica L

Flavio is amazing!! He is very patient and helpful with song, ceremony, and setup suggestions. He worked with our catering director to help with the flow of the evening. The ceremony music was right on time and perfect. His website was amazing at allowing us to pick songs and... Read More make notes on when we wanted them played and for what purpose. He is one of the nicest people that I have ever met. We had to improvise our toast and he kept playing songs and talking to me until we were ready. He was able to get everyone to dance and enjoy themselves. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that Flavio was amazing!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

We used Blacktie Entertainment for our wedding 2 weeks ago and Flavio was absolutely great! He was beyond helpful, anytime I asked him for some song suggestions he got back to me right away with the perfect suggestions. The website is amazing, you can choose all of your songs... Read More and make special notes, I couldn't have been happier with my choice to go with Flavio and Black Tie DJ Entertainment. They rock!!!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 1/24/2015 Stacey R

Flav was great! We decided to add a dj to our ceremony last minute and he was more than happy to accommodate. He helped give the ceremony the beautiful, romantic feel that we wanted. The music helped make the vibe of the wedding amazing.Flav did a great job getting the party... Read More started at our reception. We had trouble picking music that we knew our guests would like but Flav was able to feel out what the group would enjoy and made our wedding a BLAST!!

Best Night of My Life

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I found Black Tie Entertainment on the internet while searching for a DJ to play at my October 2014 wedding. I contacted Flavio Medeiros and requested some more information about his services, which he sent promptly via email, and we decided to set up a meeting at a location and... Read More time most convenient to my fiancee and I. From the very beginning it was clear that Flavio was very organized, accommodating and punctual. At our first meeting he came very prepared, had clearly outlined agendas and prices, explained his style of entertaining, and it became apparent that he would fit our wedding ideas perfectly. My fiancee and I used his online DJ wedding planner website to choose the music for our wedding and spoke to Flavio on the phone or through email a few times here and there to go over some extra ideas for the wedding night. We came to find out on our wedding day that Flavio was everything he claimed to be from the start and more. He arrived on time, dressed formally, and came to find me before talking to anyone else or setting up his equipment. He wanted to say hello and go through the plans for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception that we spoke about one last time. I personally found that relieving and I knew my night would go smoothly thanks to his attention to detail. The background music as guests were arriving, ceremony music, and cocktail hour music were subtle and charming, exactly as we requested. The introductions of the bridal party and bride and groom to begin the reception were perfect! After the first dance, we picked up the pace a little to set the tone for the night, and it was difficult to get people back off the dance floor to eat dinner and have the cake cutting! We had to squeeze in the father of the bride, the mother of the groom dances, and the shoe game after a slow song so we didn't disappoint the dance party that just wouldn't slow down (if you don't know what the shoe game is, don't Google it, just ask Flavio - its fun!) Flavio catered his music choices around every guest at the wedding and I danced with my 5 yr old nephew up to my 84 year old grandmother. Upon request from a few of the guests, Flavio stayed for an extra hour to continue the party because it was so much fun. Never in a million years would I have expected my guests to ask him to stay! He said yes without hesitation and within 10 minutes had his equipment set up in the cocktail hour/bar area (because we only had the reception hall until 10pm) and kept the party rockin'! I absolutely couldn't have found someone to DJ my wedding better then Flavio. I highly recommend Black Tie DJ Entertainment if you would like an upbeat, professional, organized party at your wedding or formal affair.

Best Music, Best Party!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Music plays a huge role for me and my then fiancé and now husband. That is why when we are planning our wedding I make it a point to make sure that the music that will be airing on our wedding party will reflect the colorful and happy journey we had and will be having as a... Read More couple. The wedding is great and it becomes even better with good music provided by Black Tie DJ Entertainment, we had a great time partying together with our guests, it was really a fun night and I just want to give the credits to the people who work hard to make it possible and Black Tie DJ Entertainment is one of the key players. More power to your business!!!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

My husband and I used Black Tie DJ Entertainment for our wedding and we were so happy with the outcome! Everyone seemed to have a great time at our wedding and I got tons of compliments on how great the music was. We had looked awhile for a DJ for our wedding and we decided to... Read More go with Black Tie DJ Entertainment after seeing all of their good reviews. I would have to say I loved how professional they were. They were very easy to get in contact with and they always returned my calls quickly. They showed up early at my wedding and I was impressed by how punctual they were. The music mixes were great. They played a wide variety, so there was really something for everyone. They also played songs that people could dance to, which made my wedding even more fun. I was really glad that we decided to go with Black Tie DJ Entertainment. I would recommend using them for a wedding. They are professional and provide great service. Highly recommend! They really made my wedding special.

Amazing DJ!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Shana D

My husband and I chose Flavio from an internet search of Portuguese speaking DJ's.. And right away he contacted us to set up a meeting. He was very professional, organized and easy to work with. He understood our vision for our music selection. At the wedding he made everything... Read More go seamless, from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the end of reception. Everyone was dancing all night having a great time!! We had so much fun all thanks to Flavio!!

Very satisfied!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

I am very satisfied by the DJ service provided by Medeiros Black Tie DJ Entertainment and I am very happy I have chosen them among other entertaining companies. There are several reasons that made me decide for Flavio and his team. First, since I started exchange few emails with... Read More Flavio enquiring his service and price I have always received promptly, informative and clear replies. He has been always on time to the meeting, showing a wide knowledge of music and a deep dedication and commitment for his work. The result was a great success, all our guests mentioned the very good quality of the music, and they had fun. In fact, the music Flavio played, the atmosphere he created was fantastic and he made us very happy to have him as Dj. Highly recommended if you want to have a very professional service with a great atmosphere for your special day, great job Flavio!

Awesome time!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Anne K

FLAV WAS GREAT!!! The music at our event was perfect, he took recommendations that we asked for ahead of time and added to it so everyone had a great time! So many of our guests (of all ages!) said they loved the music. He also does a great job of MCing in an understated way... Read More (doesn't talk into the mic the whole night! but gets the job done). We weren't able to meet him ahead of time because we live out of the area, but he was really helpful throughout the whole process and made sure our event would go smoothly. Definitely hire Black Tie if you want professional service, fun music, and no fuss!

Flavio & Black Tie DJ were fantastic

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

We couldn't be happier with our services from Flavio, the music was great! He was very helpful with the planning and most of all he was very professional and so was the equipment and music. If you are looking for a great DJ that can help you plan, provide great, professional,... Read More fun environment at your wedding, Flavio and Black Tie DJ is the place to go to! Thank you Flavio!

Excellent DJ!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014

My wife and I couldn't be happier with Flavio! He helped out with all the planning in person, over the phone and with the great online planning portal! He coordinated with all the other vendors so that we were able to enjoy the night... He knew what to play and when, and also... Read More incorporated our requests nicely. Everyone had such a good time! If you are looking for an elegant DJ and not someone that is cheesy or going to turn your wedding into a laser show, you have to go with Black Tie DJ's!

Great choice for a wedding DJ

Reviewed on 7/29/2014

We were very happy with our decision to use Back Tie DJ Entertainment. We were looking for a DJ that didn't overpower the party. They delivered. The service was very professional and the atmosphere created was just fun. They also have a great online tool to help you pick and... Read More organize all of your songs. Highly recommend! A+++

Perfect DJ for your elegant wedding

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Linda-Jeanne A

My Husband and I were married on June 28th, 2014. One thing people keep saying to me is how great the music was and how there was somethign for everyone to dance to. Flavio was amazing. He not only helped us with how the planning of the music goes but his websites has a ton of... Read More suggestions if you are feeling lost in what to play. My husband and I have listen to everything from Bing Crosby, Adam Sandler songs, Say Anything and everything in between so finding someone who could offer all different genres of music was very important to us. Flavio not only downloaded the songs we asked for that he didn't have, but he also threw in some songs that really made people get up and dance. He watched the crwoed and went along with the whole mood of our reception. He was never pushy with us, even when it was 2 weeks before our reception and we had yet to tell him most of our song selections. He was exactly what we wanted and more. We didn't want a flashy DJ who was going to be on the mic all night, with light shows and smoke machines and Flavio was perfect for us. He was very helpful with the whole process and I don't how our reception would have turned out had he not been there to guide us and support us through the whole thing. I would recommend his services to anyone I know. For my husband and I music is a huge part of our lives. For people to still come up to talking about what was played and when, well I owe that to Flavio. For future brides who are plannign a wedding or anyone looking for a DJ I would seriously consider Black Tie DJ Entertainment. (We had an option to use a live band of about 12 people and opted out of it, I couldn't have been happier with that decision)

Flavio was a great DJ for our special day!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014

We just wanted to thank you to Flavio so much for providing the soundtrack to our wonderful evening! Everyone was very happy with the music in every way! Flavio was great at entertaining our guests and keeping them happily dancing! We would definitely recommend him to anyone... Read More interested in having an non-intrusive, professional and effective DJ that plays awesome music.

2014-05-28T17:51:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Was a pleasure working with the both of you! Best Wishes!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Meghan G

Flavio at Medeiro's Black Tie DJ entertainment was fantastic at our wedding. We wanted a fun party with out a club atmosphere and he provided that .The whole process beginning to the end was a pleasure. He was very attentive to our requests, through our meetings and his online... Read More planner. Emails were always answered promptly and he checked in regularly with us throughout the planning process. On our wedding day he worked closely with the venue and all of out vendors so our event went perfectly smooth! The most important thing was that everyone danced all night long!! The party atmosphere was fun and energetic and Flavio kept that going the whole time.

2014-05-03T20:24:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Was great being a part of the big day!