Blackacre State Nature Preserve and Historic Homestead

• Outdoor - Covered

$ – Inexpensive

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Tented

3200 Tucker Station Rd, Louisville, KY (502) 266-9802

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Donella .

It rained the entire day before and until three hours before the wedding. Yet, Blackacre kept us dry and entertained. Children loved the farm animals and adults were entertained with the barn amenities, bar, photo booth, sofa, couch, tables, etc. Beautiful, natural setting if... Read More you don't mind a little dirt and enjoy the outdoors!

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 NIna G

When I first saw Blackacre I knew that was where I wanted to get married at, it has the most beautiful photo opportunities. It did in fact rain on my weddding day, which made me really nervous about how things were going to turn out, but if you don't mind a little dirt or mud... Read More should I say. It all worked out.

Beautiful, Natural Memories

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Hannah S

My husband and I had been looking for an outdoor venue with a barn large enough to put a dance floor and DJ in. With a mother that demanded we have the wedding in Louisville, our options were narrowed greatly. After our engagement, my fiancee-at the time--and I sought out... Read More Blackacre after seeing a number of gorgeous wedding photos from the site. We visited in JANUARY and still thought the place was beautiful. With little else available (dates fill up quickly for this venue) in 2012, we settled upon August. Seven months went by quickly, but (except for a couple times with some slow communication) coordinating with the Rental Coordinator, Jackie Bay, went quite smoothly. She was cooperative, informative, and flexible up until the event, when she impressed those who joined in last minute to help with even greater congeniality. We were grateful for her respectfulness of our wishes in the planning process. The wedding itself turned out beautifully. I greatly recommend rental of the Tyler Presley House, Memorial Pond, and Barn Grounds for weddings. We rented all three for ours: preparing for the ceremony in the House, experiencing the ceremony on the left portion of the Pond area, and using the Barn Grounds for a tented-reception, dancing, and lawn games. Each part of the property was wonderful for photographs and prompted truly enjoyable memories. Our wedding day was nature-friendly and fun at the Blackacre Conservancy.

Fab Farm Wedding

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Nicole B

Blackacre was the perfect place for my husband and me to tie the knot -- we love the old barn, the farm animals, and especially the backdrop of big, green trees and blue sky. When we visited Blackacre for the first time as adults (we'd both been there as kids) we fell in love... Read More with the simple beauty and history of the place. We loved the feeling of being far away from the hustle and bustle of life, even though we were only 10 minutes from home. I would recommend Blackacre for a DIY bride who doesn't mind getting her gown a little dirty around the edges and the groom who wants to explore ponds, waterfalls, and fields with his new wife.

October 1, 2011

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Amanda M

Blackacre is absolutely amazing!! The whole day I felt like I was in a fairy tale!! If you like the outdoors/country this is the place for you!!!:)