Blend, A Catering Company

Catering…elevated. We cater food and drink that express our enthusiasm and zest for what we do. We always stick to the same high quality standards: fresh, sensible ingredients; friendly, organized service; delicious, memorable food. We’ll listen to your ideas, wishes, concerns and curiosities to create an inspiring menu to compliment your wedding. We’re ready to get to work and help you re-dream what catering can be.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Reviewed on 10/04/2016

Josh and Whitney were awesome to work with at my daughter's wedding at the Thunderbird Lodge this past September. Even with some logistical challenges that the Thunderbird venue presents, Josh, Whitney and their team were able to deliver an excellent plated dinner and service... Read More to our wedding guests. I would highly recommend the Blend. They also were very timely with email answers and direction with rentals! I wish I lived locally so I could use them again! Thanks Josh and Whitney

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Milla K

Blend Catering exceeded our expectations in every way possible! They made planning our meal selection simple and straightforward. They were accommodating for the different dietary restrictions of our guests (gluten free and vegan). Everything on the day of the wedding went... Read More smoothly, and their staff was efficient and friendly. The food was perfect, and we had so many compliments from our guests! I couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Evye S

If you want your event to be perfect without a flaw there is no other choice hire Blend!!!!! Josh and whitney are adorable, their cooking is unbelievably amazing and creative. They will make you look like a star!!! wish i could give them 6 stars

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Alison D

Sarah and her team are AMAZING! My husband and I hired her for our January wedding at the Tannenbaum (great venue) in Reno. We are currently living in a different state, but the distance meant nothing. Sarah is super sweet, extremely flexible, and quick to respond to my manny... Read More questions. We were impressed with the food at the tasting, but it doesn't even compare to how delicious it was at the wedding. We had 130 guests and opted for the buffet. I was a little nervous that it was going to take too long for everyone to get their food, but her staff kept the line moving quickly. I also have two lactose in tolerant relatives and Sarah made them their own special plates. They were beyond grateful that she was able to do that and said their dishes were delicious. I planned the entire wedding on my own, so when Sarah noticed that the little details were weighing me down, she took charge and even took over the hot chocolate bar for me. I am still receiving compliments on the food and the hot chocolate bar was a huge hit! The staff was so helpful and went ABOVE AND BEYOND my expectations. I shopped around and not only was Perfect Pear one of the fairest caterers in the area, but they were also the nicest and most upfront about costs. There were no hidden fees and I am overjoyed by the service they provided.

Rehearsal Dinner on Lake Tahoe

Reviewed on 11/05/2014

We engaged Perfect Pear Catering for a rehearsal dinner held at Commons Beach on Lake Tahoe on August 1, 2014 and were completely satisfied with the outcome. Sarah Russell was a pleasure to work with and I recommend her without reservation. We are from out of town, so it was... Read More important to have someone "full service" in the area, and Sarah provided this for us. She was flexible as we considered several menu options (and she provided alternatives and pricing) and as the guest count bounced around. Her firm essentially provided "turnkey" services for the decorations as they arranged for rentals of all necessary tables, chairs, linens, etc., plus handled flowers and table decorations at a very reasonable price. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented at the site. She assisted us with beer and wine sourcing and provided all of the serving and bartender staff (all quite professional). Best of all, there were no surprises-- no unexpected charges, no late arrivals, no surly staff, etc. It was all executed professionally and as represented. You can tell I'm a fan--I recommend this firm without reservation and would be happy to talk with anyone considering their services (they can provide contact info I am sure). Thank you.

Great Food and Service

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jessica S

We had a taco bar for our wedding reception. The food was fabulous - we had so many compliments. The presentation was really festive and matched our decor. The Perfect Pear staff made sure that we had everything we needed for a beautiful and successful wedding. We really... Read More couldn't be happier and would highly recommend them to anyone else for an event of any size.

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Tara S

I can't say enough about Sarah and The Perfect Pear! Not only was the food amazing, with lots of options to pick/try, but she saved me from plenty of mini-meltdown moments. As the wedding day approached, small things started to either go wrong, or issues that I didn't expect... Read More would arise and somehow, my Cater was the support to get me through it all. She was so flexible with changes and had great ideas and experience to help ease the last minute changes. My guests loved the food and I really appreciate that Sarah and her staff saved a small plate of appetizers for me and my groom while we were taking pictures so we didn't completely miss out on the goodness we spend so much money on!! Loved working with her and she was a great value for the quality and price.

Best Caterer

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Rachel F

Perfect Pear catered our wedding a few weeks ago and it was such a pleasure working with them! Sarah was so wonderful to work with and made the whole process so much easier. We met with quite a few caterers and by far Perfect Pear was the best option for us because it was well... Read More within our budget (no extra hidden fees and the quote was exactly what we paid) and Sarah had such a great personality, I knew I could trust her to do our reception dinner. She was professional and was always easy to get a hold of with questions or concerns we had. She gave us a ton of options with our food choices to fit our wants and needs and we were also able to rent our glasses and flutes through them ( a lot cheaper than our rental company). We even went with the bamboo places settings per Sarah's recommendation and everyone loved them! We had a few guests with dietary restrictions and Perfect Pear made it so easy for them to not have to worry about their dinner, one of the servers even recognized one of them and handed them their plate without any hassle. My husband had planned on getting to the ceremony a little early to set up the dessert table and Sarah had already set it up with her staff and even let us use some of her beautiful platters for the table. Sarah puts love into what she does and it's evident in even the little details like the cute signs they had for the buffet table and the drink table and the food was amazing, we had a lot of compliments on dinner. These are just a few examples of why we would recommend Perfect Pear to anyone who asks, I'm sure we don't even know all they did that day for us. Perfect Pear went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding day and we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Thank you Perfect Pear!

Thank you Perfect Pear Catering!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Courtney P

My husband and I could not have anything bad to say about Perfect Pear if we tried! They are very professional and went above and beyond their call of duty for our wedding. I can't tell you how many of our guests said how amazing the food was and their company was so easy to... Read More work out all the details. Between the food service (cocktail hour and dinner), champagne toast pouring, cake cutting and bar tending, we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, thank you!

Yummy Taco Bar

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Samantha D

Sarah and her crew did a great job! The food was absolutely delicious! She was very accommodating, we wanted a taco bar and that wasn't on her menu, but she was willing to whip up a taco bar for us. It was awesome!! She made some Mexican appetizers for our cocktails hour and... Read More then made a taco bar buffet, which include three meats (chicken, carne asada, and carnitas) with corn and flour tortillas! Everyone on her crew are willing to help with anything you need during your special day! I recommend anyone in the Reno/Tahoe area to choose A Perfect Pear as their caterer!! All our guests were very pleased with her food!!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Jenifer S

I contacted Perfect Pear just two and a half weeks before my wedding. They were very accommodating, their prices were reasonable, their food was top notch, and their staff was amazing. Everyone said the food was excellent! The staff was efficient and very, very nice.

Perfect Pear Catering-- The 'Perfect' Choice!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Angelina C

If you want an amazing caterer for your wedding who is easy to work with, goes above and beyond for you, and has delicious food... USE PERFECT PEAR CATERING!!! Sarah and her staff at Perfect Pear Catering exceeded my expectations and helped make my big day literally the wedding... Read More of my dreams! When people say “Things happen for a reason” it couldn't be more true in my case. Roughly four months before my wedding I had to pull out of my original venue (who supplied everything, food, staff, tables, linens, etc..) because of an awful experience with new management who had violated our contract (but that is a completely different review!) I basically had to start from square one on finding a new venue but not only a new venue I now had to adjust everything because I needed to look for caterers, staff, bartenders, linens, everything!! Needless to say I was in a bit of a panic…. Thanks to research and a little luck I found Perfect Pear Catering and everything fell back into place! From the initial communication to the execution of the big day everything went so smooth and easy! Sarah was very accommodating with our tasting and the contract was easy to understand and straight forward. Her communication was great and she always got back to me right away answering all my questions. She gave me wonderful recommendations to make everything go smooth and in return we fed all 200 of our guest in 19 minutes!! Her staff was very friendly and was extremely helpful with everything. We provided our own bartenders and they told me how helpful our catering staff was when really they didn't need to help them at all! Most importantly the food was delicious!! They have a huge selection and will work with any budget to build your perfect menu!! Overall I would highly recommend Perfect Pear Catering to anyone who is looking to make their wedding day a HUGE success! Sincerely, A very happy bride!! Angelina C.

Perfect Pear

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

The food was amazing!!! Staff was very efficient and friendly!!! They made this night the most amazing night ever!!!

Radrltr

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

A Perfect Pear Catering Co., catered my daughter's wedding in August 17, 2013. The food was fabulous and the staff and owner went above and beyond to make this a special day! The wedding was held in a friend's backyard, with a specific theme that Sarah Russell, Owner, carried... Read More through her decor at the buffet table and at her other food, candy, coffee and cake stations. That personal touch meant so much and really set her company apart from the rest. I will use her company again and have already referred friends to her.

Great service and amazing food!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

Had a little, perfect backyard wedding at my families ranch. Had Perfect Pear catering company cater our event. Sarah Russell made the event set up and buffet go so well. She took care of the rentals, tables, chairs and linens. Had them dropped off and picked up the next day... Read More by Camelot Rental Company. The food was great! We had a tasting before hand with Sarah. We started out with fruit and cheese platters and anti pasta platters for cocktail hour. The tri tip and a creamy chicken tortellini with artichoke hearts for the main dishes were amazingly cooked. We has a green goddess salad, rolls and some little extras to fill the plate. Sarah's staff helped with not only the buffet and cleaning. They cleared all the tables and set up all the desserts and cut the cake for service. I was very happy with Perfect Pear and will use them again and recommend them to everyone!

Could not have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Nicole B

Sarah at Perfect Pear Catering was AMAZING to work with! She was incredably helpful during all the planning leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding I completely trusted her to take care of everything caterering related, and she did! The Buffett looked beautiful and all... Read More my guests raved about how good the food was (we recommend trying her bacon wrapped dates). All in all, if I ever host another event in Reno, Sarah would be the first person I called!

Perfect Pear Catering

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Liz B

I used Perfect Pear for my country chic/rustic summer wedding and their decor paired so well with mine. We used a lot of wine crates for decor and their theme blended wonderfully. No matter what the feel for your wedding may be, Perfect Pear will do a perfect job at capturing... Read More the look and blending in well. I received many compliments from friends and family about how tasty the food was! Whatever you do, you MUST choose the Green Goddess salad! It is covered in the most delicious basil dressing you will ever taste. I highly suggest checking Perfect Pear out.

Perfect Pear

Reviewed on 7/27/2013

Sara and her staff were very kind and friendly to my guests. She was very conscious of my lactose and gluten intolerances. Everything was made just how we had sampled it with her at her business. Her prices were very reasonable. I would suggest the cauliflower and... Read More tri-tip! We did however, hire a bartender who left before the wedding was over. I would suggest letting any catering company that you are hiring a bartender though know the end time of your wedding or have them state when the bartender will be leaving. After all is said and done I would hire Sara and Perfect Pear catering again. She even went above and beyond and brought the wedding left overs to my dad's work!

A PERFECT Pear

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Rachel A

My husband and I hired A Perfect Pear to cater our wedding in May, and from day one, were nothing but happy with Sarah! She was a pleasure to work with, from the time we met at the tasting (which was delicious by the way), for months leading up to the wedding, and of course the... Read More day of the wedding. She was always available to answer questions, no matter how big or small. Actually, I knew she would be great from the time of our first contact, when I wrote her an email asking about prices...she sent me prices and then a few days later, SHE contacted me asking if I had any questions. Great customer service! The food was amazing as well, and Sarah really worked with us to put together a wonderful menu for our guests that fit nicely within our budget. The day of the wedding the set up looked great, she and her staff were amazing, and we heard so many nice compliments about the food and staff from guests! We could not have asked for a better experience!! We are so happy that we hired Sarah and would DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone out there looking for a great caterer!! :)

2013-06-11T16:59:10 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to catering your wedding! It was beautiful and so were you!

The Most Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Daylee M

Can't say enough great things about A Perfect Pear Catering. So professional and enjoyed every second of my experience with them. The food was magnificent. Guests are still raving about the carnitas. I recommend them to anyone looking for a catering company who will be nothing... Read More less than extraordinary!!

Amazing Food & Great People!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Jenni A

I recently got married and as we all know there is so much going on and little time to think. When I met with Perfect Pear Catering, Sarah Russell, she was very nice, confident, and willing to answer any questions I had for her. Even ones that did not have anything to do with... Read More food! We had talked about what my husband and I would want at our wedding and what would work best for our budget. We decided to have Tri-Tip and Coconut Chicken, Green Goddess Salad, rolls, and garlic mashed potatoes. IT WAS AMAZING! Everything came out perfect and the guests really enjoyed the food. My favorite appetizer, for the cocktail hour, was the Bacon Wrapped Dates. I am pretty sure I had 10 of them! Sarah Russell and her staff set the tables, drink stations, made the buffet table look wonderful, and made sure the desserts were set out after everyone had finished eating dinner. I never once had to ask for anything as they supplied my husband and I with our drinks, made sure everything was tasting great and even put a basket of food and drinks together for us to take after the reception was finished. Sarah and her staff were amazing and very nice. They helped make my day the best day to remember! I have been telling all my friends to use them as a caterer. THANKS AGAIN!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Cynthia w

A Perfect Pear Catering was absolutly Perfect! They showed up on time and set up all the food elegantly. We had over 100 guests and there were still some leftovers! All of our guests raved about the food and many went for second helpings. I was only able to have a couple... Read More bites of my dinner, being the bride and all, but those bies were amazing! The food was delicious and the caterers were professional and very kind. Now I just have to have another party so that I can hire them again!

Amazing and affordable

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Mollie B

Great food, and came in below budget for appetizer-only reception. Great portions for price, also.

Josh & Whitney Deri

We started Blend as a dream … and we dreamed pretty dang BIG. In order to fully execute our dreams for Blend, we knew we needed top-tier education and training. So, first we both enrolled in the military-like Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. Upon graduation, we worked tireless hours under envelope-pushing chefs in Napa Valley and San Francisco. Finally, we were seasoned and ready to open the doors for Blend. Now that Blend is here, we’re dreaming BOLDER, working fresher and pushing harder.