Great Musicianship with a Heart and Soul

Congratulations! We are Blue Avenue Groove, a 4-12 member line up of vocals, keys, guitar, horns, bass and drums that works with a variety of expert NYC musicians to give you the ideal music for your wedding. We specialize in Motown, R&B, Pop, Funk, Rock, and Blues but enjoy adding flavor to the songs while still being true to their essence. With professional musicians that have played together for years, this band is one of the tightest that you will find. We deliver quality and professionalism with an energy that keeps the party alive. Feel free to reach out to us to get more details and see what we can offer.

$ – Inexpensive

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Tri-State and surrounding areas, Hudson Valley (203) 249-2503

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Adina W

We can't say enough about Blue Avenue Groove. The group played our Wedding in July and it was a great event. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the band and most came up to us afterwards to tell us how much they enjoyed the music. The group is made up of outstanding... Read More musicians, their two lead singers Jonathan and Sami are nothing short of amazing, and they really groove. Will was great to work with, he was all over the the event details- ran by set lists ahead of time with us to craft a great lineup of soul/funk/R&B classics with a few newer tunes thrown in, and was happy to have my husband (a drummer) sit in for a number of songs which delighted the crowd! If you book Blue Avenue Groove for your Wedding you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Ratnamalar G

I hired Blue Avenue Group for my wedding in NYC. They were really amazing. They played a great mix of jazz, instrumental for the cocktail hour and then some really great rock, top 40 and motown numbers when the dancing really took off. Numerous people complemented me on the band... Read More and they were asked repeatedly for encores. Great band. Could not recommend them more.

A Band with Heart and Soul

Reviewed on 2/01/2016

I have hired this band for several events and have been thrilled with their performances. The band's musical talents are among the best that I have seen in weddings that I have attended from New York City to Palm Beach. Their repertoire is broad, from jazz to Motown. The... Read More singer is electric and engages the crowd so that everyone is on their feet and having fun in no time.

Meet The Manager

Will Kencel

Will Kencel came to Brooklyn in 2014 to pursue music. In addition to Blue Avenue Groove, he has served as a professional bassist in Corporate/Agency bands along with original projects. His style ranges from Motown, Funk, Pop, Blues, Indie, and Rock. He has played such prestigious venues as The Metropolitan Museum of Art and worked with members of Hall & Oates, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Lumineers, Cage The Elephant, and artists from VH1/the Voice/American Idol. As a band leader, Will aims to bring his members own style of playing into the music while retaining the essence of the song.