Creative & Fine Art Wedding Photography

Awarded Wedding Photographer serving all Southern California. High quality Photography, Creativity, Experience and Integrity is what best describes us! Best of Weddings 2013 & 2017.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

San Diego, Temecula Valley & Destinations (619) 370-5672

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Griffin H

We LOVE our gallery. We had a strong feeling Carlos was the right choice for this event - very much a "Goldilocks" fit in terms of balanced style, professionalism, and personality - and we are so glad to see that borne out. (His assistant was wonderful as well.) These were worth... Read More every minute and every penny. Here's what our loved ones had to say when they saw them: "I'm only on page one, but all of these look so good and make me smile." "Seeing these makes me feel mushy all over again. In a good way." "Thanks for sharing lovely pictures to remember a beautiful day!"

2017-07-05T18:44:36 Response from the vendor

So excited to know that you guys are enjoying your photos and sharing with your loved ones :) It was so much fun and an honor to be part of your wedding! I wish all the best for you and Griffin.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Wesley T

Great Experience! Carlos shot our engagement photos at Balboa Park and they turned out excellent. Carlos is very professional and directed us through the session. Thanks Carlos for making my engagement special!

2016-09-13T11:34:07 Response from the vendor

It was great working with you too, you guys are a great couple and have natural beauty, that makes it easy for me to capture. Wish you the very best!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Heather F

My husband is a photography snob and did a TON of research before choosing a photographer for our wedding. I am so glad we found Carlos. He did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He was on time, fun to work with and took amazing photos of our beautiful wedding. I cried... Read More looking through them, he captured everything beautifully. I got to experience our special day all over again looking through the photos. He got some really great shots of us on the dance floor that reminded us how much fun we had. We got our pictures back sooner than I expected which was a nice surprise. Carlos is a great value - we didn't have a huge budget for photography but didn't want to sacrifice quality - so if you are looking for great pictures with a photographer that is affordable Carlos is your guy! Thanks Carlos for capturing our wedding day perfectly.

2016-09-07T17:23:46 Response from the vendor

I'm flattered by your review Heather! It was a great wedding and I enjoyed working for you and Andy. I'm glad I was able to capture the details and emotions you were looking for and it's great to know that you'll have this memories for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Elizabeth B

If you are looking for friendly and professional this is your guy! We had a very unique celebration and Carlos kept pace with us the whole time. We even were able to hire him for an extra hour than planned since we had more family photos than expected. He got us our photos back... Read More quick too! Would use Blue Spot again in the future.

2017-12-11T19:22:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review Elizabeth, you and Steve have a great vibe, it was great working for you and your loved ones. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Noelle C

Carlos did such an amazing job capturing our wedding day! I have so many favorites it will be extremely hard to select the photos that will go on our wall. Carlos was easy to work with and he made my entire wedding party comfortable. I seriously cannot get enough of his... Read More incredible style and beautiful artistry he brought to our special day. We were married on October 7, 2017 and received our photos a month later (which he told me in advance). Carlos even followed up with me to make sure I received everything and that it was to my liking. Do yourself a favor and hire Blue Spot Photography for your special occasion, you will not regret it! PS I am the bride in the sparkler photo above :)

2017-11-15T10:29:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your comments Noelle! It is very rewarding to hear we did a good job covering your wedding photography. It was great working with you, Michael and your Mom. Oh and your dog too :) Best wishes for you and your family!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jackie V

Great photographer, at a reasonable price. We received our photos in a timely manner, and received many compliments from friends and family once received.

2017-10-31T12:24:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jackie! Best wishes for you and Rivers!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Melisa S

We loved working with Carlos and his team! Very professional and patient! We are so happy with all our pictures! Thank you! I would totally recommend him. Cheers!

2017-09-29T12:05:37 Response from the vendor

It was great working with you, Andrew and your families! So happy I was able to capture those moments in time for you to share and remember with your loved ones. I wish you and Andrew the best in this new journey.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Wendy S

Blue Spot Photography was spot on for our August beach wedding. Carlos was able to capture our special moments with friends and family in the beautiful setting. He was easy to work with, professional and had knowledge of the locale. The photos are fabulous and we can't wait... Read More to share them with our loved ones. Thank you Carlos for creating lasting memories of our special day!

2017-09-21T13:54:58 Response from the vendor

I had a great time at your wedding Wendy! You and Thomas are a great couple. Thanks for your review. Enjoy and share your photos with your loved ones.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Ryan L

Carlos and his assistant did a great job us on our wedding day! I spent a long time researching wedding photographers in my area and when we came across Carlos' portfolio we really liked what we saw. They were very kind, professional and attentive. Group shots were smooth and... Read More efficient. Photography was a big part of the day for us and having a real professional was key. Thanks Carlos!

2017-09-14T10:02:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ryan! We had a great time at your wedding, everybody was nice and fun. I wish you the best for you and Carissa in this new journey!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Carly C

Carlos was amazing! He captured our special moment better than I could have ever imagined. He has a good eye and was amazing with directions and ideas. Photos came out beautiful for our engagement.

2017-07-05T13:31:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review Andrew! I'm glad I was able to capture your surprise proposal, La Jolla was a great choice for this! Enjoy your photos and let me know when you start planning the wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Tahna R

Carlos is an amazing photographer and a pleasure to work with. He was very accommodating and patient. My husband and I are very introverted so we were very nervous about the first-look session. Carlos and his assistant made the process easy and comfortable. They are very good at... Read More managing people who aren’t used to being photographed! Carlos provided enough direction to smoothly shoot gorgeous photos but left enough room for us to be ourselves in front of the camera. I think the authenticity and rawness of the photos is something that makes Carlos stand out. He doesn’t just produce beautiful photos, he captures all of the emotions of the day in his pictures. We absolutely loved our photos! I highly recommend him for any event.

2017-06-30T11:44:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tahna! It was a great wedding day, starting with the Adobe, beautiful place. I enjoyed working with you & Richard and your family and friends, everybody had a great vibe where friendly and easy to work with. I'm happy you are enjoying your photos... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Marsha C

I absolutely love my wedding pictures. Carlos was was very on point and captured all the little details. Definitely recommend his service!! Thank you Carlos.

2017-05-31T13:25:17 Response from the vendor

You're welcome Marsha! I'm glad not even the rain was able to interfere with your wedding day and our coverage. I enjoyed working with you, David and your families. Best wishes.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Fatin A

We really enjoyed working with Carlos. He is very professional and responsive. Our day-of photographer was Ed who did a very nice job capturing our wedding and the pre-wedding shoot with the bride and bridesmaids. Ed was about 30 minutes late which made things feel a little... Read More rushed in the beginning. He had an assistant that helped him and went to the groom and groomsmen to do their pre-wedding shoot. The assistant lacked direction and confidence and so we wished Ed would have had time to do photos with both the bride and groom parties. But, in the end we love our photos! And are very grateful for working with Carlos and Ed.

2017-05-15T13:22:54 Response from the vendor

Hi Fatin, thanks for your review, I'm happy you love your photos! We always aim for excellence in service and photographic quality. I heard that my photographer Ed arrived a bit late and I apologize for that, I'm glad he was able to compensate and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Anjali C

Thank you so much to Carlos for capturing my surprise proposal! The shots came out so stunning - they look better than I could have even imagined. The pictures were sent to us very quickly in an easy to download format, and Carlos was very prompt to respond whenever I had a... Read More question or request after the proposal. I would wholeheartedly recommend Blue Spot Photography for your wedding photography needs!!

2017-08-01T12:03:45 Response from the vendor

You're welcome Anjali, I had a great time with you and Vikash, I'm glad I was able to capture the emotion of the proposal :) Best!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lani G

Carlos and his assistant did an amazing job at our wedding. Looking for a photographer was the first thing on our to do list and if you agree the most important part of wedding planning, because at the end what you are left with are the pictures that were captured on your... Read More special day. When we found Blue Spot Photography we were very happy with them from the start :) When we first emailed him, he got back to us super fast and answered all of our questions. He was super easy to work with and even met us at the wedding venue to discuss wedding details prior to the wedding. We are beyond happy with our wedding pictures and how they turned out! They transformed our do it yourself wedding venue to something that you would see in a magazine. The price was great too - book him before he inevitably raises his prices ;) Thank you Blue Spot Photography!

2017-08-01T12:07:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lani! Your wedding was great, It's amazing how you and your bridesmaids took care of everything and were able to have a beautiful wedding! Best wishes for you and Robert :)

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Carmela D

My husband and I were very please with our wedding photos. We got so many amazing comments about our pictures. Carlos is very professional and affordable. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

2017-02-20T14:14:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks Carmela, I'm happy that I was able to capture your wedding memories! I wish you and Curtis the best!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Greg G

Carlos photographed our proposal, capturing the actual moment and a 1-2 hour session afterwards. In the weeks leading up to the event, I coordinated a seemingly highly complex plan with him by email, which he made relatively simple and straight-forward. The photos are absolutely... Read More stunning. I'm extremely happy and fortunate that Carlos was there and able to take these beautiful photographs that we will forever have.

2017-01-31T15:56:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Greg, I'm glad you are happy with your photos, it was a great proposal and a fun photo session afterwards. I know you guys are in the East Coast, but that's not a problem, I do destination weddings, so once you start with the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jen E

Carlos took some amazing photos and everyone is blown away by the images we have of our special day. The only thing that was a little challenging was controlling such a large group and keeping everyone's attention. I had to step in to do this at times and remind the "type A"... Read More group to pay attention so we can get all the pictures we wanted. I would have liked Carlos to help more with this so I didn't feel like a bridezilla yelling at all my friends and family. Other than that, Carlos was punctual and delivered over 500 fabulous photos of our wedding and for that I'm eternally grateful! Thanks again!

2016-12-12T15:16:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback Jen! I really enjoyed your wedding, I know sometimes it is a bit challenging to have guests and family cooperate as much as we want to get the must have formal photos. I'm happy I was able to capture and provide... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nicolette T

We are very happy that we hired Blue Spot Photography. We planned our wedding in less than 6 months and Carlos was very helpful with our wedding photography timeline. He and his assistant were very professional on the day of the wedding. He and his assistant got some great... Read More shots! Just viewed them and they are beautiful. I recommend BlueSpot Photography for your next event.

2016-10-19T11:49:50 Response from the vendor

Great to hear we were helpful! It was a great wedding, beautiful church at USD, great photo session at Balboa Park and so much fun at the reception! I enjoyed working for you and Art.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tracy J

Very professional. Loved how our photos turned out. Great to work with.

2016-10-19T11:46:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback & I'm happy you love your photos!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Mary D

Very nice and professional. Photos came back in a timely manner. Wish more organized group shots were taken as opposed to just bride and groom and then attendees. Being the bride my mind was all over the place that day, just wished the photographers said "parents photo time or... Read More wedding party group photos. Overall the photos that were taken turned out great. Company was organized and very friendly

2016-10-13T13:55:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Mary, thanks for your review, it was a privilege to be a part of your wedding day! I wish we would have had better communication prior to your wedding to go over details and a timeline. We didn't have a timeline for the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Aleeza T

My husband and I had a great time working with Carlos! Superb photos. Best decision made for our wedding!

2016-10-13T13:57:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks Aleeza! It was a great wedding day on a yacht! Wish you the best for you and Stan.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Jasmine H

Carlos did such a wonderful job not only taking beautiful photos but also with directing us on poses and capturing our best angles. My fiancé and I had no idea of angles and poses but Carlos did such an amazing job with directing that all we had to do was follow instruction. We... Read More have gotten so many compliments on the photos from family and friends and couldn't be any happier. Thank you Carlos!

2016-09-13T11:37:51 Response from the vendor

You're welcome, it was a fun session and the weather and light close to the sunset was in our favor. San Diego is a great place to get engaged. I'm happy I could deliver some photos to keep as lifetime memories. Best.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Whitney G

Carlos is an amazing photographer! I would highly recommend him for your big day. He was extremely professional and made sure to capture all the special moments we were hoping for. Additionally, we got our pictures so quickly!

2016-08-28T11:57:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks Whitney! Your wedding was great and fun! I hope you guys are great. Thanks again for letting me be part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jordyn C

Carlos & his assistant did an amazing job! My husband & I are very happy with the photos & how professional they both were. We would definitely hire them again! Thank you so much Carlos!! :)

2016-08-03T16:01:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jordyn! It was a pleasure to work for you and James, great wedding and lots of love. I wish you both the best and I'm glad I could provide you with photos to enjoy for a lifetime!

Carlos Medrano

HI, I started Blue Spot Photography in 2011 and it has been a great journey. I have shot 100+ weddings as primary photographer gaining valuable experience. I love the thrill and rollercoaster of emotions that couples, their family and friends go through the wedding day. I always aim to make couples feel at ease and enjoy their wedding day to the fullest. I offer a blend of styles Photojournalistic / Candid / the must have formals & Fun! ."High quality Photography, Creativity, Experience & Integrity is what best describes us!”