Creative & Fine Art Wedding Photography

Awarded Wedding Photographer serving all Southern California. High quality Photography, Creativity, Experience and Integrity is what best describes us! Best of Weddings 2013 & 2017.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

San Diego, Temecula Valley & Destinations (619) 370-5672

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Wesley T

Great Experience! Carlos shot our engagement photos at Balboa Park and they turned out excellent. Carlos is very professional and directed us through the session. Thanks Carlos for making my engagement special!

2016-09-13T11:34:07 Response from the vendor

It was great working with you too, you guys are a great couple and have natural beauty, that makes it easy for me to capture. Wish you the very best!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Heather F

My husband is a photography snob and did a TON of research before choosing a photographer for our wedding. I am so glad we found Carlos. He did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He was on time, fun to work with and took amazing photos of our beautiful wedding. I cried... Read More looking through them, he captured everything beautifully. I got to experience our special day all over again looking through the photos. He got some really great shots of us on the dance floor that reminded us how much fun we had. We got our pictures back sooner than I expected which was a nice surprise. Carlos is a great value - we didn't have a huge budget for photography but didn't want to sacrifice quality - so if you are looking for great pictures with a photographer that is affordable Carlos is your guy! Thanks Carlos for capturing our wedding day perfectly.

2016-09-07T17:23:46 Response from the vendor

I'm flattered by your review Heather! It was a great wedding and I enjoyed working for you and Andy. I'm glad I was able to capture the details and emotions you were looking for and it's great to know that you'll have this memories for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Whitney G

Carlos is an amazing photographer! I would highly recommend him for your big day. He was extremely professional and made sure to capture all the special moments we were hoping for. Additionally, we got our pictures so quickly!

2016-08-28T11:57:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks Whitney! Your wedding was great and fun! I hope you guys are great. Thanks again for letting me be part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lani G

Carlos and his assistant did an amazing job at our wedding. Looking for a photographer was the first thing on our to do list and if you agree the most important part of wedding planning, because at the end what you are left with are the pictures that were captured on your... Read More special day. When we found Blue Spot Photography we were very happy with them from the start :) When we first emailed him, he got back to us super fast and answered all of our questions. He was super easy to work with and even met us at the wedding venue to discuss wedding details prior to the wedding. We are beyond happy with our wedding pictures and how they turned out! They transformed our do it yourself wedding venue to something that you would see in a magazine. The price was great too - book him before he inevitably raises his prices ;) Thank you Blue Spot Photography!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Carmela D

My husband and I were very please with our wedding photos. We got so many amazing comments about our pictures. Carlos is very professional and affordable. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

2017-02-20T14:14:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks Carmela, I'm happy that I was able to capture your wedding memories! I wish you and Curtis the best!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Greg G

Carlos photographed our proposal, capturing the actual moment and a 1-2 hour session afterwards. In the weeks leading up to the event, I coordinated a seemingly highly complex plan with him by email, which he made relatively simple and straight-forward. The photos are absolutely... Read More stunning. I'm extremely happy and fortunate that Carlos was there and able to take these beautiful photographs that we will forever have.

2017-01-31T15:56:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Greg, I'm glad you are happy with your photos, it was a great proposal and a fun photo session afterwards. I know you guys are in the East Coast, but that's not a problem, I do destination weddings, so once you start with the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jen E

Carlos took some amazing photos and everyone is blown away by the images we have of our special day. The only thing that was a little challenging was controlling such a large group and keeping everyone's attention. I had to step in to do this at times and remind the "type A"... Read More group to pay attention so we can get all the pictures we wanted. I would have liked Carlos to help more with this so I didn't feel like a bridezilla yelling at all my friends and family. Other than that, Carlos was punctual and delivered over 500 fabulous photos of our wedding and for that I'm eternally grateful! Thanks again!

2016-12-12T15:16:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback Jen! I really enjoyed your wedding, I know sometimes it is a bit challenging to have guests and family cooperate as much as we want to get the must have formal photos. I'm happy I was able to capture and provide... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nicolette T

We are very happy that we hired Blue Spot Photography. We planned our wedding in less than 6 months and Carlos was very helpful with our wedding photography timeline. He and his assistant were very professional on the day of the wedding. He and his assistant got some great... Read More shots! Just viewed them and they are beautiful. I recommend BlueSpot Photography for your next event.

2016-10-19T11:49:50 Response from the vendor

Great to hear we were helpful! It was a great wedding, beautiful church at USD, great photo session at Balboa Park and so much fun at the reception! I enjoyed working for you and Art.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tracy J

Very professional. Loved how our photos turned out. Great to work with.

2016-10-19T11:46:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback & I'm happy you love your photos!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Mary D

Very nice and professional. Photos came back in a timely manner. Wish more organized group shots were taken as opposed to just bride and groom and then attendees. Being the bride my mind was all over the place that day, just wished the photographers said "parents photo time or... Read More wedding party group photos. Overall the photos that were taken turned out great. Company was organized and very friendly

2016-10-13T13:55:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Mary, thanks for your review, it was a privilege to be a part of your wedding day! I wish we would have had better communication prior to your wedding to go over details and a timeline. We didn't have a timeline for the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Aleeza T

My husband and I had a great time working with Carlos! Superb photos. Best decision made for our wedding!

2016-10-13T13:57:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks Aleeza! It was a great wedding day on a yacht! Wish you the best for you and Stan.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Jasmine H

Carlos did such a wonderful job not only taking beautiful photos but also with directing us on poses and capturing our best angles. My fiancé and I had no idea of angles and poses but Carlos did such an amazing job with directing that all we had to do was follow instruction. We... Read More have gotten so many compliments on the photos from family and friends and couldn't be any happier. Thank you Carlos!

2016-09-13T11:37:51 Response from the vendor

You're welcome, it was a fun session and the weather and light close to the sunset was in our favor. San Diego is a great place to get engaged. I'm happy I could deliver some photos to keep as lifetime memories. Best.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jordyn C

Carlos & his assistant did an amazing job! My husband & I are very happy with the photos & how professional they both were. We would definitely hire them again! Thank you so much Carlos!! :)

2016-08-03T16:01:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jordyn! It was a pleasure to work for you and James, great wedding and lots of love. I wish you both the best and I'm glad I could provide you with photos to enjoy for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Renée P

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Carlos was such a joy to work with. I didn't want an "in your face" photographer that was loud and bossy. Carlos gave us direction and kept the session moving, but was relaxed and fun. His calm demeanor kept me calm on our... Read More wedding day. His pictures were absolutely beautiful! Couldn't be a happier bride!

2016-05-18T17:18:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks Renee! I had a great time working with you and Tyler and all the family and guests, great vibe from everybody, a beautiful day and a great venue. I wish you both the best in your journey!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Sara C

Carlos is an excellent photographer and so easy to work with! We just got our photos back from our wedding and we're thrilled - they completely bring us back to the day and capture truly wonderful moments of us and our guests. We are so happy to have these lovely memories to... Read More look back on!

2015-12-30T18:18:42 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you're enjoying your photos! I had a great time working for you guys, your wedding was fun, elegant and beautiful. Great venue with amazing views of San Diego and great people.

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Jamie S

Carlos was wonderful to work with! My husband and I live in Portland, OR and got married in La Jolla, CA. Planning a wedding from out of state is a pain in the you know what, but Carlos was so easy to work with! He was prompt at responding to my email inquiries from the get go.... Read More Also, on an unexpected trip to San Diego, he was able to meet with us last minute. He went over all the details and made us very comfortable. Carlos and his assistant were professional and efficient on our wedding day. I was late to my own wedding, and instead of sitting around, he took advantage of the delay and photographed all the men in the family, setup, and arriving guests. My husband and I have very large families and they all wanted to be in the post ceremony family photos. Carlos was so patient and made it work. We also had about an hour of his time left when the reception ended, and we drove to another site to have photos of just my husband and me. The final photos were sent to us three weeks after our wedding day, and we also received a CD in the mail promptly after that. He really worked some magic and we are so happy with our photos. We highly recommend Blue Spot Photography!!

Green Gables Wedding 3.1.15

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Shelby J

Carlos was wonderful!! We witnessed his work a couple years ago when they photographed our friends wedding. When we booked with Carlos it was so easy. We told him what we wanted and he created a picture package for us. Carlos met with us at our venue about a month away from... Read More the big day and went over all the places we (planned) on taking photos. On our wedding day Carlos was there promptly at 1pm, I wasn't even there yet, he got started taking all the little detail shots until arrived. It was pouring rain for most of our wedding day so Carlos really had to get creative, all our photos had to be inside the same room because of the weather. 3 weeks later now and Carlos emailed us the link to our private galleria last night. They're perfect! I love them all! It's so nice to have the online gallery to be able to share with people. We had the best experience with Carlos, they were willing to do anything we wanted them to do but also had their own great ideas as well. I'd recommend them to anyone that asked!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Becky S

Carlos was very professional and informative, and also friendly and personable to work with. He patiently answered all our questions and concerns about our vision for a wedding photographer when we first met. His prices were reasonable, especially for a photographer with as much... Read More experience as he has. On our wedding day, Carlos was timely and efficient. The quality of the photos was beautiful, we are grateful to have such a beautiful record of our special day!

Extremely Happy with Carlos.

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 vanessa B

My husband and I would definitely recommend Carlos because of his Professionalism. Apart, from that our guest had nothing but good things to say about him. Our pictures came out amazing and received them faster than I taught. All my family and friends love our wedding pictures.

Carlos is the best Photographer!

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Marysol R

We highly recommend Carlos Lopez for photography on your special event! We were pleased with his professionalism, punctuality and his talent. Carlos is easy to get in touch with and quick to respond. We got our pictures back surprisingly soon for both our Engagement and Wedding.... Read More I read excellent reviews and was not disappointed... Thanks Carlos!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Monica R

Carlos is AWESOME!!! From the time he arrived to the hotel for pre-wedding photos until the reception, he was everywhere catching every special moment. Not only was he able to deliver my photos quickly, he provided me with hundreds to choose from to share with my family and... Read More friends. He was also very affordable and met our specialized requests. I was in joyful tears getting to view my photos again and re-living one of the most important days of my life. My wedding party truly enjoyed working with Carlos. I am so thankful and blessed for my husband and I to have worked with Carlos and hope to work with him again on other projects in the future!

Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Monica M

Amazing

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Christine A

"We knew that our wedding day was going to be beautiful and perfect. What we didn't realize, is how perfectly our wedding photos would capture our day. The photos reflected every emotion, aspect, and moment we lived. We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives.... Read More Thanks to Carlos and his hard work, we will always look back at our wedding with fond memories. Carlos and his team were very personable and professional. Working with Carlos was a pleasure!"

Perfect Photos

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Jaime P

Carlos was exactly what I needed for my wedding! I was on a tight budget, and only wanted to hire a photographer for 3 hours, not a 6-8 hour package. He offered hourly service that fit my budget and my needs, without sacrificing quality. Carlos was able to cover the time I... Read More wanted, and even brought an assistant with him - on a Saturday! The photos were perfect. Even with a short time period, I still received a disk of about 250 pictures, that were professionally edited. If I ever need a photographer for an event, Blue Spot Photography will be first on my list.

Our Day 10/06/12

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Stephen G

Carlos was Amazing. Very professional. All details worked out prior to BIG day, even helped us find a video guy. Got proofs when we got back from Honeymoon, AWESOME! Great pictures, love the details and creativity. Definitely would recomend to ANYONE!

Carlos Medrano

HI, I started Blue Spot Photography in 2011 and it has been a great journey. I have shot 100+ weddings as primary photographer gaining valuable experience. I love the thrill and rollercoaster of emotions that couples, their family and friends go through the wedding day. I always aim to make couples feel at ease and enjoy their wedding day to the fullest. I offer a blend of styles Photojournalistic / Candid / the must have formals & Fun! ."High quality Photography, Creativity, Experience & Integrity is what best describes us!”