Custom Letterpress, Thermography & Foil Stamping

Celebrating life’s little luxuries through a dedication to perfection while honoring timeless printing practices; We live to design creative custom stationery for all of life’s momentous occasions!

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Coasters, Escort + Place Cards, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

Chicago, IL (312) 480-9422

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

My fiancé and I worked with Katie on our Save the Dates and Invitations, and the process could not have been more professional, nor more inspired. As we collaborated long distance across the country, Katie was incredibly responsive, flexible, and continued to deliver above and... Read More beyond our expectations. With her expert guidance, extra touches of brilliance, and even some surprises along the way, we could not have asked for a more perfect, no-stress design and development process. We have received so many compliments raving about how lovely and personal the stationery turned out. Katie truly captured our vision and our personalities and we couldn’t have asked for more. She is the best investment you can make to ensure a memorable first impression of your Big Day!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah C

Katie is simply a dream to work with. She was prompt, professional and continuously made me feel confident in my selections. Her calligraphy and my vintage stamps were the icing on the cake. She made my Parisian vision come to life. I am currently working with her to do my... Read More custom stationary for my thank you's and my Christmas cards, so as you can tell I am hooked!

2016-09-15T14:05:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sweet Sarah! :) You, and your wedding photos, are a dream! So much love, happiness, and pretty! I can't wait to share photos of your Big Day soon!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Gwendolyn P

My fiance and I wanted to create invitations that both fit with our ultra glam vision for our big day and still felt fun and like us. We came across Katie's work at a wedding expo and loved it (which is saying something as my fiance has strong opinions about very few wedding... Read More things). Katie was so lovely to work with and listened so well throughout the entire process, making just the right tweaks to incorporate the different aspects my fiance and I wanted to include. Her designs captured exactly what we were going for--we ended up doing a Mad Libs-style RSVP card and it still fit in with our fancier Great Gatsbyesque theme. We just sent out our invites this week and we've already heard such great things back from our guests :-) Maybe best of all, Katie was just as excited as we were every step of the way, which is definitely not true of most vendors. I'd recommend Bluebird to anyone!

2016-09-15T14:03:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Gwen!! You and Tim are so sweet. I can't wait to see the photos from your wedding.. they are bound to be GORGEOUS! :)

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Taylor C

Katie at Bluebird was a pleasure to work with, and her product was simply gorgeous! We worked with her on our save the dates, wedding invitation suites, and our thank you notes. We received so many compliments, in particular, on the invitations, which included a stunning Notre... Read More Dame watercolor liner. Thank you, Katie, for making our vision come to life! If you are planning your wedding and want your invitations to take your guests' breath away, Katie at Bluebird is your go-to gal!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Erin S

We used Katie for our Notre Dame wedding invitations and truly couldn't be happier. When I was initially looking at invitation options, nothing stood out. I wanted something special that wouldn't go in the trash. Then I found Katie's invitations, which are absolutely... Read More beautiful. Katie was great to work with and was accommodating with our schedule, requests, and feedback. We sent out the invitations last month and immediately had guests texting us to tell us how much they loved them. I have had multiple people tell me that they are having theirs framed!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 James E

Katie worked with me and my husband to design the most beautiful Save the Dates and wedding Invitations that fit us perfectly! We went into our first video chat with Katie having no clear idea on what we wanted, but she was great at giving us some ideas but also listening to... Read More what was important to us. We wanted our wedding to be eco-friendly, so we were definitely excited by her recycled paper options that still looked elegant. Our friends and family had nothing but wonderful things to say about our Save the Dates and our Invitations..and thank goodness for Katie's beautiful calligraphy skills since our writing is chicken scratch! The only thing we wish we had done was used more of Katie's services for our wedding since we were so rushed during the last week and underestimated how difficult it would be to put together programs and escort cards on our own.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jordan M

My favorite vendor by far! Katie was such a pleasure to work with! She is extremely talented and truly loves what she does! She made the whole process fun from start to finish ! She designed our invitations and designed an awesome menu board for us! Thank you for everything... Read More Katie!!

2016-10-06T16:32:53 Response from the vendor

Aww, thank you Jordan!! You and Tobias are just top notch. Congrats again on your big day -- you were STUNNING!!! <3

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Denise J

My wedding planner introduced me to Katie and I couldn't be more happier or pleased to have met her and work with her on my wedding details. At our initial meeting she was great and she was super energetic and professional. She was able to capture our vision for the wedding.... Read More Katie is extremely creative and was really patient with us. The quality of work was beautiful and professional. I highly recommend working with Katie!

2016-10-06T16:35:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You, Denise!! You and Ryan are too sweet. I just love your star-inspired wedding invitations, and I'm so glad that you guys did too!! :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Alayna S

My now husband and I first met Katie at the Indie Wed event held in Ravenswood. We were completely blown away by her sample invitations and designs, so we entered her 'Save the Date' giveaway. We ended up being chosen as the winning couple and cannot tell you how lucky we were!... Read More She designed the most unique save the date for us that incorporated everything we wanted! Katie then created our wedding invitations that were elegant, beautiful, and absolutely stunning. She was able to take all of my ideas and create the perfect invitation for our wedding! Besides her impeccable design skills, Katie is a complete joy to work with. She is incredibly friendly, helpful, and really cares about the products she designs. It is obvious to see that she loves her job! Katie's excitement to create a save the date and wedding invitation so personalized and unique made this process really fun! Thank you Katie and Bluebird Paper Company!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Alison N

We are currently using Katie for all of our wedding stationary. So far we are blown away with what she has delivered with the save the dates. Using both her experience and insane creativity she came up with the perfect save the dates that not only captured our wedding but our... Read More taste as well. Friends and family have all reached out to us saying that our save the dates were the best they have ever received. Not only is Katie's work spectacular she has made the process both seamless and enjoyable. I cannot recommend her enough to make your special day that much better!! Thank you Katie!!!

2016-10-06T16:36:31 Response from the vendor

Aww.. thank you Ali!! You and Billy are a dream, and your Save The Dates are simply a reflection of that. :) To say that I'm excited to start designing your Invitations is total understatement. Let the fun begin!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Emy R

I am so happy I found Katie!!! She went above and beyond to make sure my invitations were as perfect and exactly as I had imagined them (though I didn't really know what I had in mind). She is truly the best!!!

2016-09-15T14:04:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Emy! :) I'm still in love with your invitation design, and the flower paper on the back!? Ugh! To die for. <3

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Katie was the best to work with! She brought enthusiasm, joy and creativity to every encounter I had with her. Her attention to detail was much appreciated. I love our invitations and have gotten beautiful comments from our guests.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Karen W

Katie is the best!! She truly loves what she does and it shows in her work!! I absolutely love my wedding invitations (and so do my guests)!! I am so grateful for all she has done me!!

2016-07-18T13:52:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Karen!! You and Frank are so sweet, and it has been (and continues to be) so great to work with you! <3

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kate L

Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with! She created custom Save the Dates for our fall wedding that perfectly aligned with our theme and personalities. Her responses were prompt, and she nailed the design on the first try. I am very excited to work with her again for our... Read More invitations!

2016-07-07T08:11:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kate! I'm so glad that you and Jamie loved your Save The Dates! :)

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Kerra C

I searched for a long time to find someone to create my wedding invites. As soon as I sat down for a meeting with Katie I knew that she would be the one to design them. She is so talented and fantastic throughout the entire process. She is truly passionate about her work and I... Read More really appreciate that. I showed her my dress, my venue, and described the feel of my wedding and how I wanted my invites so come across to guests, and she did the rest. I wanted her artistic ability to show through and that's exactly what happened. She was also very considerate about my budget and always had multiple options. She made the invite process so easy that I used her services for all of our other wedding paper needs. Also, she addressed our envelopes with calligraphy in which she hand mixed the color specifically for our invites. I will recommend Katie and her company to any bride that crosses my path!

2016-07-07T08:12:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kerra!! You and Mike are just the best, and all of your wedding details were just breath taking! I'm so glad that you and your guests loved your invitations -- they were so much fun to design! :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Jennifer G

Katie is so wonderful and easy to work with. She really takes the time to get to know her clients and then works to design something that is beautiful and unique. Five stars all the way!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kate M

Katie made the invitation process easy and fun. Since I am an art teacher she suggested using one of my drawings for part of the invitation to make it even more personal. The finished product is breathtaking and I sad we are finished working together (at least on this project).... Read More I would recommend Bluebird to anyone looking so for beautiful and unique paper goods.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Gina S

Katie was amazing at what she does! I used Bluebird Paper Company for my wedding invitations. I was running behind with everything and needed to act quick on something. I went to Katie for help and she was extremely responsive, professional, but also had a fun quirk about her... Read More that made me like her even more! I put all my faith into Katie and she came up with beautiful designs that matched the flow of my wedding. Let me tell you... she get its. She got everything created and printed in time for me to send everything out. But she didn't stop there! I was busy with being out of town for a while and she was able to stamp them for me and send them out as well. She saved me big time!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 rose n

Bluebird Paper Company was both organized and creative. I loved being given clear options on designs so that I had something to work from rather than having to derive my own ideas when I know very little about graphic art or design. She was personable and flexible and very open... Read More to my criticisms or suggestions. However, I did not have to give much criticism because her work was so beautiful. I loved feeling her excitement about my invites and my wedding. The final result was absolutely enchanting. She was able to make an invite that fit all the information I needed while not feeling overcrowded with words. They turned out colorful, elegant, and classy. They have been the inspiration for every other choice in preparation for my wedding. I am so happy we chose to make custom invites with Bluebird Paper Company.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We had a complicated situation with a destination wedding and birthday party. Katie brought it all together perfectly - adding special touches and keeping the bride in charge while bringing her vision to life. A pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Katie F

Katie made the most elegant ceremony programs for our wedding day mass. From start to finish, Katie took our ideas, crafted a design, asked the right questions, worked within our budget, and the final product was simply beautiful. We can't thank Katie enough for an amazing job... Read More well done and can't promote her enough to any engaged couple.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Katie's professionalism and talent really stand out among other designers I am meeting in the wedding industry. When my husband and I were ready to redesign our business cards, we knew we could trust Katie to design something that spoke to our brand, and would help us stand out... Read More as photographers. She did an amazing job and we couldn't be happier with the finished product!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

We wanted something extra special for our 'Gender Reveal' party and Katie was certainly up to the task. We approached her with a deluge of ideas and she worked with us to create a swanky invite that incorporated our vision & reflected our pensonalities. We couldn't have been... Read More happier with the result if it was wrapped in bacon.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kita S

I just want to say Katie is amazing yet once again she proves she is in the right profession! So unique,creative with my baby announcements I truly love them and could not ask for anyone else to do the job! Katie the hubby and I love them and I'm sure our close family and... Read More friends will love them too:) Thank you so much for doing a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 M F

Katie's work is amazing! I had the pleasure of working with her under unfortunate circumstances. When my father passed away she created custom thank you cards on behalf of my family. It was a tough time, but Katie handled the task with delicacy, and provided a perfect product.... Read More More recently under happier circumstances, Katie created invitations for my baby shower. The result was absolutely beautiful! We are having a little girl, and she created the perfect girly flower design with gorgeous pink envelopes! I couldn't love them more. She also created matching thank you cards to send to my guests, and they were just as lovely. She really has a knack for customization, and I can't wait to use her services again in the future!

Katie Cochara

Owner and Head Designer, Katie Cochara, founded Bluebird Paper Company in August 2013. Currently situated in the Chicagoland area, Bluebird enjoys serving clients all across the globe. Katie’s inspiration stems from an innate appreciation for vintage and organic beauty.