Custom Letterpress, Thermography & Foil Stamping

Celebrating life’s little luxuries through a dedication to perfection while honoring timeless printing practices; We live to design creative custom stationery for all of life’s momentous occasions!

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Coasters, Escort + Place Cards, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

Chicago, IL (312) 480-9422

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kate W

Katie is so very talented and a pleasure to work with! She designed my invitation suite and all of the day of stationary. I had a few ideas of what I wanted, which included a sketch of our venue, and she blew me away with what she created. She hand sketched the design for us and... Read More painted the most beautiful envelope liners. Several guests told me they squealed when they opened the invitation because they were so beautiful (No exaggeration...I saw one friend do it myself!). Not only the design element but Katie's paper and ribbons are also nicer than any invitations I've seen. The hand-dyed ribbon she uses is absolutely gorgeous. We had Katie assemble, address and send the invitations for us, which I would highly recommend. A huge time saver with all the other wedding planning happening! I highly recommend working with Katie. My invitations were one of my favorite parts of my wedding because it's something I can hold on to forever!

2017-10-10T12:16:31 Response from the vendor

Aww, Katie you are SO sweet! I'm so glad that you, Wyatt, and all of your guests loved your invitations! <3 I love that they are a physical representation of the most special day in your lives and that you will be able to hold... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Lauren B

Katie is an absolute pleasure to work with! Not only does she have an incredibly friendly and approachable personality, but she is so creative and has such amazing vision for her work! She did my entire invitation suite for my wedding as well as my place cards and menus. The... Read More quality of her work is truly unmatched, I could not be happier with how everything came out. She made sure every little detail was not only perfect but also personalized to my husband and I. And the quality of her materials is AMAZING, the hand-dyed silk ribbon she uses to tie the suite together is to die for! I got countless complements from guests on how wonderful the invitation suite looked. I came into the process not knowing exactly what I wanted or what I was looking for and Katie was able to guide me through every step (from design to production to mailing) providing suggestions, ideas and advice along the way. Wedding planning is stressful and there are so many things to keep track of. Katie was able to take so much of the stress out of my invitations. She took care of everything. She figured out the timeline I would need for design, mailing and RSVPs and she even mailed my invitations for me. It was such an easy and seamless process and made it one less thing that I had to coordinate and worry about. I really can't say enough good things about working with Katie. She is professional, responsible and has the ability to make you feel like you are her one and only priority. She creates beautiful work and I am SO happy that we chose her to create a timeless and elegant invitation suite that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

2017-09-18T11:32:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lauren!! You're so sweet. <3 It was such a pleasure working with you and Matt! I'm so glad that you loved your invitations, day-of stationery and calligraphy!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Erin L

I absolutely loved working with Katie at Bluebird Paper Company. She was sweet, professional, and responded to my many questions right away. It was so nice knowing that I could trust her to make my vision a reality! She did all the hard work and I was totally stress free! You... Read More cannot go wrong with choosing Bluebird Paper Company. I've already been stopped by coworkers telling me how beautiful they thought the invites were. I would do it a thousand times over.

2017-10-10T12:20:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Erin!! You were so wonderful to work with, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Bluebird experience! <3 Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! xo

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Rebecca C

It was such a treat to work with Katie to create our wedding invitations and day of stationary. She is so talented and passionate about her work. On top of that she is professional, detail oriented and responsive. Our final product was unique to our story and set the tone for... Read More our special day. I cannot recommend her enough!

2017-11-08T08:36:35 Response from the vendor

Aww, Becky! The pleasure was all mine! It was such an honor to be able to design custom wedding stationery for you and Charlie! You and your mom are just the sweetest, and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you through this whole... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Kirsten F

It was such a great experience working with Katie on our wedding invitations. I reached out to Katie with little to no idea what I wanted my invitations to look like. Katie took some information from me about my wedding venue and color scheme and from there came up with the... Read More perfect design. Katie then made our rehearsal dinner invitations and ceremony programs. Each piece tied together perfectly. She made my dream wedding stationary with only a small amount of input from me. Working with Katie from start to finish was very easy and stress free, and I have recommended her to everyone I know that is looking for wedding stationary!

2017-11-08T08:42:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kirsten & Kevin!! It was such an honor (and so much freaking fun) getting to work with you guys on all of your wedding stationery! Thank you for including me in your wedding in such a special way. I'll remember it forever! <3

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jasmine B

Where do I begin? Katie and Bluebird Paper Co are the invite/paper goods company of your dreams! She's absolutely a joy to work with and makes the entire process from save the dates through day-of paper a breeze. I never had to worry about timing or quality. Everything was done... Read More to the highest standards, top notch quality and in a timely manner. Could not love her more. Thanks Katie!

2017-11-08T08:38:45 Response from the vendor

Jasmine!!! Ugh you're just the best. <3 Seriously, I have LOVED working with you. Your spirit, excitement, hilarity... You're just too good. Wishing you and Preston an amazing wedding this weekend! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see your gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jamie C

I can't begin to explain how awesome it was working with Katie on our wedding stationery. She was so patient with me through many changes and my overly-specific requests. We were complimented over and over by our guests on the elegance and beauty of our wedding invitations. I... Read More was very impressed by Katie's talent, professionalism, and the final product overall. Bluebird Paper Company was a definite pleasure to work with, and I recommend Katie's services to any couple looking for beautiful wedding stationery!

2017-10-12T13:23:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Jamie & Jimmy! It was my pleasure to accommodate your "overly-specific" requests ;) <3 Love you guys!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kesley Z

My fiance and I used Katie at Bluebird for our wedding invites. She was so fabulous, easy and FUN to work with. I was stressed looking for the perfect invitation but when I came across Katie's Instagram, I knew I had found the one. She created a custom wax seal with beautiful... Read More blue ribbon to go around the invite. I've never gotten so many compliments before and they turned out even better than I could have imagined. She also had great tips on how to work with the post office in mailing out wedding invites . I will definitely be working with Katie in the future. You will not be disappointed!

2017-10-10T12:19:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kesley!! Your invites are seriously some of the favorite I've ever created, and you and Kurt were such a dream to work with! xoxo

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Lexi C

Katie is a dream to work with. She knew exactly what I wanted on the first example she showed me and just got it right! I cannot say enough good things about her-she has such an attention to detail and is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure things are 110% the way... Read More the bride and groom want their invitations/day-of paper details. I love the fact she will stuff and send your invitations for you, so a large headache is removed from the equation.

2017-09-18T11:33:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lexi!! <3 You're the greatest. I CANNOT wait to see all of the beautiful photos from your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Taylor C

Katie at Bluebird was a pleasure to work with, and her product was simply gorgeous! We worked with her on our save the dates, wedding invitation suites, and our thank you notes. We received so many compliments, in particular, on the invitations, which included a stunning Notre... Read More Dame watercolor liner. Thank you, Katie, for making our vision come to life! If you are planning your wedding and want your invitations to take your guests' breath away, Katie at Bluebird is your go-to gal!

2017-10-12T13:23:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review, love! <3 Congrats and cheers to a lifetime of love and happiness ahead!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Erin S

We used Katie for our Notre Dame wedding invitations and truly couldn't be happier. When I was initially looking at invitation options, nothing stood out. I wanted something special that wouldn't go in the trash. Then I found Katie's invitations, which are absolutely... Read More beautiful. Katie was great to work with and was accommodating with our schedule, requests, and feedback. We sent out the invitations last month and immediately had guests texting us to tell us how much they loved them. I have had multiple people tell me that they are having theirs framed!

2017-11-08T08:44:57 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh, I just love that!! I've had multiple couples tell me that their guest's save and frame their Bluebird invites! I actually just shipped out 2 extra keepsake invitations to a guest of a Notre Dame couple because they loved the invite so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 James E

Katie worked with me and my husband to design the most beautiful Save the Dates and wedding Invitations that fit us perfectly! We went into our first video chat with Katie having no clear idea on what we wanted, but she was great at giving us some ideas but also listening to... Read More what was important to us. We wanted our wedding to be eco-friendly, so we were definitely excited by her recycled paper options that still looked elegant. Our friends and family had nothing but wonderful things to say about our Save the Dates and our Invitations..and thank goodness for Katie's beautiful calligraphy skills since our writing is chicken scratch! The only thing we wish we had done was used more of Katie's services for our wedding since we were so rushed during the last week and underestimated how difficult it would be to put together programs and escort cards on our own.

2017-11-08T08:46:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you James and Regina! It was such an honor and a pleasure working with you both! Keeping the importance of eco-friendly paper in the forefront of all of our design decisions was so awesome. Your whole wedding was just so stunning and intentional. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jordan M

My favorite vendor by far! Katie was such a pleasure to work with! She is extremely talented and truly loves what she does! She made the whole process fun from start to finish ! She designed our invitations and designed an awesome menu board for us! Thank you for everything... Read More Katie!!

2016-10-06T16:32:53 Response from the vendor

Aww, thank you Jordan!! You and Tobias are just top notch. Congrats again on your big day -- you were STUNNING!!! <3

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Denise J

My wedding planner introduced me to Katie and I couldn't be more happier or pleased to have met her and work with her on my wedding details. At our initial meeting she was great and she was super energetic and professional. She was able to capture our vision for the wedding.... Read More Katie is extremely creative and was really patient with us. The quality of work was beautiful and professional. I highly recommend working with Katie!

2016-10-06T16:35:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You, Denise!! You and Ryan are too sweet. I just love your star-inspired wedding invitations, and I'm so glad that you guys did too!! :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Alayna S

My now husband and I first met Katie at the Indie Wed event held in Ravenswood. We were completely blown away by her sample invitations and designs, so we entered her 'Save the Date' giveaway. We ended up being chosen as the winning couple and cannot tell you how lucky we were!... Read More She designed the most unique save the date for us that incorporated everything we wanted! Katie then created our wedding invitations that were elegant, beautiful, and absolutely stunning. She was able to take all of my ideas and create the perfect invitation for our wedding! Besides her impeccable design skills, Katie is a complete joy to work with. She is incredibly friendly, helpful, and really cares about the products she designs. It is obvious to see that she loves her job! Katie's excitement to create a save the date and wedding invitation so personalized and unique made this process really fun! Thank you Katie and Bluebird Paper Company!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Alison N

We are currently using Katie for all of our wedding stationary. So far we are blown away with what she has delivered with the save the dates. Using both her experience and insane creativity she came up with the perfect save the dates that not only captured our wedding but our... Read More taste as well. Friends and family have all reached out to us saying that our save the dates were the best they have ever received. Not only is Katie's work spectacular she has made the process both seamless and enjoyable. I cannot recommend her enough to make your special day that much better!! Thank you Katie!!!

2016-10-06T16:36:31 Response from the vendor

Aww.. thank you Ali!! You and Billy are a dream, and your Save The Dates are simply a reflection of that. :) To say that I'm excited to start designing your Invitations is total understatement. Let the fun begin!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah C

Katie is simply a dream to work with. She was prompt, professional and continuously made me feel confident in my selections. Her calligraphy and my vintage stamps were the icing on the cake. She made my Parisian vision come to life. I am currently working with her to do my... Read More custom stationary for my thank you's and my Christmas cards, so as you can tell I am hooked!

2016-09-15T14:05:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sweet Sarah! :) You, and your wedding photos, are a dream! So much love, happiness, and pretty! I can't wait to share photos of your Big Day soon!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Gwendolyn P

My fiance and I wanted to create invitations that both fit with our ultra glam vision for our big day and still felt fun and like us. We came across Katie's work at a wedding expo and loved it (which is saying something as my fiance has strong opinions about very few wedding... Read More things). Katie was so lovely to work with and listened so well throughout the entire process, making just the right tweaks to incorporate the different aspects my fiance and I wanted to include. Her designs captured exactly what we were going for--we ended up doing a Mad Libs-style RSVP card and it still fit in with our fancier Great Gatsbyesque theme. We just sent out our invites this week and we've already heard such great things back from our guests :-) Maybe best of all, Katie was just as excited as we were every step of the way, which is definitely not true of most vendors. I'd recommend Bluebird to anyone!

2016-09-15T14:03:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Gwen!! You and Tim are so sweet. I can't wait to see the photos from your wedding.. they are bound to be GORGEOUS! :)

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

My fiancé and I worked with Katie on our Save the Dates and Invitations, and the process could not have been more professional, nor more inspired. As we collaborated long distance across the country, Katie was incredibly responsive, flexible, and continued to deliver above and... Read More beyond our expectations. With her expert guidance, extra touches of brilliance, and even some surprises along the way, we could not have asked for a more perfect, no-stress design and development process. We have received so many compliments raving about how lovely and personal the stationery turned out. Katie truly captured our vision and our personalities and we couldn’t have asked for more. She is the best investment you can make to ensure a memorable first impression of your Big Day!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Emy R

I am so happy I found Katie!!! She went above and beyond to make sure my invitations were as perfect and exactly as I had imagined them (though I didn't really know what I had in mind). She is truly the best!!!

2016-09-15T14:04:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Emy! :) I'm still in love with your invitation design, and the flower paper on the back!? Ugh! To die for. <3

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Katie was the best to work with! She brought enthusiasm, joy and creativity to every encounter I had with her. Her attention to detail was much appreciated. I love our invitations and have gotten beautiful comments from our guests.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Karen W

Katie is the best!! She truly loves what she does and it shows in her work!! I absolutely love my wedding invitations (and so do my guests)!! I am so grateful for all she has done me!!

2016-07-18T13:52:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Karen!! You and Frank are so sweet, and it has been (and continues to be) so great to work with you! <3

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kate L

Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with! She created custom Save the Dates for our fall wedding that perfectly aligned with our theme and personalities. Her responses were prompt, and she nailed the design on the first try. I am very excited to work with her again for our... Read More invitations!

2016-07-07T08:11:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kate! I'm so glad that you and Jamie loved your Save The Dates! :)

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Kerra C

I searched for a long time to find someone to create my wedding invites. As soon as I sat down for a meeting with Katie I knew that she would be the one to design them. She is so talented and fantastic throughout the entire process. She is truly passionate about her work and I... Read More really appreciate that. I showed her my dress, my venue, and described the feel of my wedding and how I wanted my invites so come across to guests, and she did the rest. I wanted her artistic ability to show through and that's exactly what happened. She was also very considerate about my budget and always had multiple options. She made the invite process so easy that I used her services for all of our other wedding paper needs. Also, she addressed our envelopes with calligraphy in which she hand mixed the color specifically for our invites. I will recommend Katie and her company to any bride that crosses my path!

2016-07-07T08:12:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kerra!! You and Mike are just the best, and all of your wedding details were just breath taking! I'm so glad that you and your guests loved your invitations -- they were so much fun to design! :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Jennifer G

Katie is so wonderful and easy to work with. She really takes the time to get to know her clients and then works to design something that is beautiful and unique. Five stars all the way!

Katie Cochara

Owner and Head Designer, Katie Cochara, founded Bluebird Paper Company in August 2013. Currently situated in the Chicagoland area, Bluebird enjoys serving clients all across the globe. Katie’s inspiration stems from an innate appreciation for vintage and organic beauty.