Blumz by JRDesigns is your One-Stop-Wedding-Shop!

Blumz by JRDesigns is an award winning event planning and floral design company with two full service locations in Ferndale and Detroit Michigan. Visit our wedding website and blog at OurPrettyWedding.com

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

503 East Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI Metro Detroit (313) 964-5777

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

We needed drop a line to express how Blumz made our shoot for the The Rachael Ray Show a beautifully spectacular one! Rachael Ray staffers have been singing this companies praises! All the way up the chain people are complimenting this team and company. We only had a few days... Read More to plan and what this company did to highlight our special episode. From the smallest napkin treatment, to the loan of burlap and wood, to the extra mile they spent creating pedestal pieces and table arrangements, was a nod to the expertise that this company clearly radiates. Check out the The Rachael Ray Show on November 25th to see how Blumz made this special thanksgiving episode a truly beautiful one. Next time we are in Detroit, we will surely book Blumz!

Blumz, Ferndale for Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lauren U

Blumz by JR Designs did my flowers for my wedding. I only used them to do the bouquets and boutonnieres, but they did a FABULOUS job on them. The flowers themselves were beautiful and they stayed together perfectly all night. I had them add in a fairly large piece to the brides... Read More bouquet that was a family heirloom, and they made it work in the bouquet PERFECTLY. The staff were always wonderful as well and always answered any questions I had. I highly recommend Blumz for everyones wedding.

Wonderful Experience, Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Michele R

We had the best experience in working with BLUMZ for our recent wedding. Everything from start to finish was amazing, and we felt confident that we were being guided in the right direction for our vision. Everyone was very helpful, and any question that we had was answered... Read More promptly. Our coordinator was very friendly, organized, helpful, and knowledgeable, and she truly worked hard to make our florals everything we hoped for on the wedding day. We ordered arbor flowers, bouquets, centerpieces and boutonnieres. Setup and delivery were perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more! One thing with weddings is that there is SO much to coordinate and organize. With BLUMZ it was easy, and I was confident about everything. I would 100% recommend them, and will happily and most definitely go back for any of our upcoming floral needs.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Sarah A

Could not be happier with Blumz! They did our floral arrangements for our wedding and everything was perfect! Megan was an absolute joy to work with -- she was professional and friendly throughout the entire planning process and remained flexible with our schedule as well. They... Read More even worked closely with the venue to ensure everything was covered which helped keep me 100% stress-free the day of the wedding. Thanks Megan!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

It would have not been the beautiful wedding day it was without our Wedding Day Coordinator, Jerome! He was awesome! He was there for us every step of the day! Not only was he awesome but the beautiful centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres Blumz presented were incredible!... Read More I cannot say enough about Jerome and his staff at Blumz. With that said he will be representing us again at my other daughters wedding in November 2017.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kristin T

Jerome and his team at Blumz are absolutely phenomenal to work with! Not only did they do a beautiful job with our flowers, they were such a great resource as we planned our big day. Jerome was our Day Of Coordinator and with his help, he made our day seamless! I would highly... Read More recommend Blumz!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Julie C

We hired Blumz to create our wedding bouquets and they did a fantastic job! We worked with Megan and she was delightful throughout the entire process. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to the different types of flowers, so I provided a few reference photos and Megan... Read More suggested flower types based on what I showed her. The bouquets turned out beautiful and they were exactly what I had envisioned. I highly recommend Blumz for your wedding or next big event!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Carrie H

I emailed Blumz my Pinterest link for the concepts I wanted for my bouquets and table settings. They emailed me back the photos they thought would work best, and a full proposal showing the cost options. I only needed to email them a couple times for a tweak here, a question... Read More there. They always responded immediately addressing everything I questioned. Everything was delivered timely, and setup beautifully. The flowers lasted all day and all night long! And they were gorgeous! The price was very reasonable as well. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Colton Y

Blumz... By JR Designs did the flowers as well as attend as day-of coordinators for my wedding. Everything was amazing and made the whole day that more special. The flowers were fresh, vibrant, and more amazing than we could have ever hoped for. I highly recommend Blumz for... Read More anyone who needs flowers for any party or event needs.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob P

We could not have asked for a more fairytale wedding and Blumz by JR Designs was a HUGE part of this. Just to be clear, this is coming from the groom and I had to create a Knot account just so I could give Blumz 5 stars!! Jerome and Robbin are AMAZING! They are so professional... Read More and more importantly, they are extremely caring! They made us feel like part of their family, a feeling we still feel today (wedding date was 5/21/16). Again, I'm only the groom, but everything was perfect. To this day, every picture my wife sees follows with a comment on how beautiful the flowers were. As we all know "Happy wife = happy life". Honestly, Blumz is perfect! They will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Pam L

I worked with Blumz for my wedding back in July and I was not disappointed! The flowers were beautiful and definitely added to the beauty of the venue! I was speechless when I walked into the reception room - It was exactly what I imagined! Jerome and Robbin are great at what... Read More they do and have an amazing staff to help them execute all their weddings! I had a great experience and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding florist! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily B

I had the absolute BEST experience with Blumz. I worked directly with Robbin and he was extremely accommodating and worked with me down to every detail...even two days before the wedding! Our flowers were absolutely beautiful and held the entire day. Walking into our ballroom,... Read More my husband and I couldn't have been happier. The chairs, linen, centerpieces, floral, even the tabletop lighting were all exactly how we imagined. I cannot be more appreciative of this company making our day as easy as possible. I would definitely recommend using Blumz and they can coordinate every detail that you need without having to work through 10 different vendors. This 'one stop shop' is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erica V

I was very disappointed in my floral decor and my overall experience with Blumz. To begin, I was initially scheduled to meet with Megan for a mock up which she completely forgot about. She created something on the fly, which was decent but obviously needed work. During our... Read More meeting I said I would like to add the $5 table numbers and I assumed she added this as we discussed (I should have checked this when I got my estimates instead of trusting that she would just follow thorough). She told me she would later send me photos of the mock up since she forgot about the appointment. When I received the photos I was VERY disappointed and felt she completely lost sight of my vision. She then sent me photos of the flowers she would use instead but I never got to see what how the centerpieces would actually look. When I saw them in person I was yet again extremely unhappy. Not with the actual flowers but with how minimal they were and particularly with the garland. The garland was $80 per table and was very very thin and there were only few flowers in between. According to Blumz it was 4 feet but in reality it was nowhere near 4 feet. Like I said, it didn't even stretch across the table. To spend nearly $3000 on centerpieces this was an incredibly bad experience and I would NEVER go with this company again. I literally had one large centerpiece and again it was underwhelming. I spoke with several other companies who I should have gone with in the first place who would have given me several large centerpieces and much better flowers for the same price.

2016-10-11T16:03:43 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry you were unhappy with your wedding flowers. We pride ourselves on taking care of all of our brides and making sure their vision is achieved on their big day. We do free consultations and have you confirm the estimates and sign... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maria C

I was so happy to have Blumz provided us a beautiful flowers. The staff are very helpful and professional. Megan was so nice and easy to work with. We are so blessed to have her as event consultant.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 April A

We used Blumz for invitations, flowers, graphics and string lighting. The invitations and string lighting were both perfect...the flowers in the ceremony were very pretty, not what I asked for, but still very beautiful. The centerpieces and runner in our reception were... Read More beautiful. Unfortunately, we were supposed to have petals running up and down the aisle for the ceremony, and those were too wilted and brown to use. They also forgot some of the flowers we had ordered and had to come back and place those on our gift table. Unfortunately, the graphics were horrible, I would not recommend them for graphics in any way other than invitations. They were not what I wanted nor what I approved in the mock-up meeting. The staff is very nice to work with, and our initial planner quit right in the middle of the planning process, so I'm sure some things got lost in the shuffle as they only had one planner during high wedding season. They did send a thank you card with a $25 gift card to use at Blumz right after our wedding, but I wish they had asked how things went, and reimbursed us for the petals. We spent between $8000-$10,000 here.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 sarah s

The staff here is easy to work with and they were genuinely excited and happy for our big day when I came to pick up my flowers. They were very proud of their work and it showed because the flowers were beautiful. Our wedding was a 95 degree day and the flowers held up... Read More perfectly. We also used Blumz for our pipe and drape. It looked beautiful and added so much to our venue. Well worth it!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Rachel M

STAY AWAY from this vendor. I worked with Megan there and my experience was horrific. For people that don't want to read this entire post here is the issue - these people do not honor a contract. I did not like the mock up flowers as it wasn't even close to what I asked for and... Read More 30 days before my wedding they told me that they aren't able to do my wedding and gave me my money back. YES. That happened. They are horrifically unprofessional and the flower arrangements are a joke. To start, the flowers in the mock up were not even in the correct vase. Not hard to remember which vase to put the flowers in. For the price I was paying the amount of flowers in the arrangement was a joke. I called Jerome (the owner) to complain . He told me he would call me back and he didnt even honor that statement. He had Megan call me back to tell me they cant meet my standards and to go away. They did not care my wedding was in 30 days or we had a contract. I luckily found another florist that felt bad for me and took my wedding. I sent them pictures of the mock up from Blumz and they laughed. It was a joke of the store for weeks. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR. You can get better flowers for the same price at another vendor. Trust me, Blumz is horrific and shouldn't be in the wedding business.

2016-08-18T11:22:36 Response from the vendor

Hello, We at Blumz are very sorry you have such a low opinion of us when so many other brides experiences differ greatly. While our view of how everything transpired is somewhat different from the one you have outlined here, our decision to give you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Alex K

Everyone at Blumz was responsive and friendly. They listened to what I wanted and obliged. However, it did kind of feel like I was one of a million brides on an assembaly line. (To be fair I did get married during peak wedding time) The flowers were good, not great and my order... Read More was very simple. They didn't make me or my wedding feel "special".

2016-08-17T16:10:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for giving us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the flowers and we are glad that we were able to listen and respond in a timely fashion. We are very disappointed to hear that you felt like just another bride because we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Laura C

Our wedding was May 7th and our flowers of choice were cali lily's. Wow, so beautiful and full of color & life. The arrangements were designed to perfection. The bouquets were elegant. I was completely satisfied with the final product. The exclamation point on our special... Read More day!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Lisa J

Blumz recently did my wedding. Megan was awesome to work with and helped my vision come true. They did such a good job with my centerpieces and looking like the original picture I showed them. The bouquets had all the right flowers and shades of purple too.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kelly D

We were very pleased with the floral arrangement quality and artistic style of Blumz by JRDesigns staff. We coordinated mainly with Pamela at the Ferndale location. She was very professional and friendly. The flower arrangements for our wedding were beautiful and exceeded our... Read More expectations. We gave the team at Blumz very little guidance in flower selection, indicating solely that wanted to use in season flowers and our color schemes, and somehow they were able to arrange exactly what we were looking for. Worth the value by far.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Dawn B

Working with Pam was amazing! The Bouquet was perfect and everything was exactly how I wanted it. They are great to work!!!

Blumz Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Betsy M

Pam Chlemo at Blumz florist in Ferndale, MI is a master at listening to your vision of what the wedding should look like and executing it to the last detail. The staff at the Colony Club said that it was the prettiest reception they had ever seen at their venue. The flowers... Read More were fresh and exactly as requested. The venue was transformed so superbly that the manager of the venue came down to the cocktail hour to get me to come up and see it. I will definitely be calling Pam in the future for all floral needs. She is simply the best!

Beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Laura S

I chose to go with Blumz based on a referral and I was definitely not disappointed! Was it pricey? Yes, but it was also absolutely beautiful! Jerome was a pleasure to work with - I think he understood the look I wanted better than I did! Jerome and his team gave me the wedding... Read More of my dreams - simple, elegant and modern!

Owners Jerome Raska and Robbin Yelverton