Blumz by JRDesigns is your One-Stop-Wedding-Shop!

Blumz by JRDesigns is an award winning event planning and floral design company with two full service locations in Ferndale and Detroit Michigan. Visit our wedding website and blog at OurPrettyWedding.com

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

503 East Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI Metro Detroit (313) 964-5777

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Janice L

When the florist we had retained fell through a mere six weeks before the big day, Blumz and Megan Friedel came to the rescue! All of the bouquets, table arrangements and boutonnieres exceeded our expectations. Megan did what she promised, in addition to being knowledgeable ,... Read More courteous , helpful and accessible. I highly recommend Blumz for your wedding or elegant function!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Alyssa T

Blumz did an amazing job with all of the flowers and arrangements for our wedding. We knew we wanted to do a 1920s/Gatsby themed wedding and Blumz helped us stay true to that theme. Megan is amazing and was there for us every step of the way! She really assisted in bringing our... Read More 20s vision to life. Not only did they deliver beautiful bouquets, corsages, and centerpieces but they also went above and beyond helping with little touches here and there. They are affordable and really work with your budget! We could not have been happier! Highly recommend !!!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Sarah A

Could not be happier with Blumz! They did our floral arrangements for our wedding and everything was perfect! Megan was an absolute joy to work with -- she was professional and friendly throughout the entire planning process and remained flexible with our schedule as well. They... Read More even worked closely with the venue to ensure everything was covered which helped keep me 100% stress-free the day of the wedding. Thanks Megan!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Mariel D

Robbin was awesome! My wedding flowers were stunning. I had so many compliments and am so pleased with Blumz. Every aspect of working with Blumz was so simple and easy! I would recommend Blumz to anyone in need of a florist for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Leigh W

Megan and Blumz were an absolute delight to work with! Everything was perfect on our wedding the day and the flowers were breathtaking and exactly what we had envisioned! My husband and I were very happy with our experience and we would not hesitate to work with Blumz again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Loren T

Christine from Blumz is just amazing! Being a fellow vendor (event planner) it is great to have people in the industry that can really come through for you and your clients! With the bride being from out of state having Christine work so closely with me to ensure my our clients... Read More got their dream vision was just great. I would 100000% recommend Christine and Blumz to anyone looking for a florist. Thank you again so much for making sure everything went so smoothly! I appreciate you!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Michelle K

We loved working with Christine at Blumz! She was so patient as I changed my mind back and forth between purple and cranberry! On the wedding day all of our bouquets were absolutely beautiful and almost exactly what my "pinterest" picture looked like! One thing I really... Read More appreciated about Blumz is that I told them what my budget was and they worked within it! Can't go wrong hiring Blumz!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Emily B

I did not care about flowers when I was planning. I honestly only went looking for florists because my fiance made me. I met with a few florists and I liked Blumz because Megan understood that I did not want to spend a large sum of money and catered to that in my quote without... Read More trying to talk me out of flowers I knew I wanted. Instead of trying to convince me that I wanted carnations in my bouquet (my least favorite flower) because I didn't want to spend a ton of cash, she found a way to give me what I wanted for a completely reasonable price. She even listened to me and made my bouquet smaller than originally quoted to get my bridal bouquet under $200. When I saw my flowers they took my breath away. I didn't even want flowers and they were one of my favorite things about the wedding. I couldn't even throw them away and am currently drying my bouquet.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Amy H

Jerome- you are a master florist, organizer, jack of all trades. There is never a problem you don't already have a solution for. You and Megan brought my vision to life in ways I couldn't have imagined. You guys basically blew it out of the water. Everyone I spoke to said it was... Read More the classiest most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. Thank you to you, Robbin, and Megan for being there for me every step of the way. Thank you for leaving no leaves unturned. Thank you for being my day of coordinator, for making Blumz the one stop shop any out of state bride would die to have

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Meagan H

I can't say enough good things about Blumz. From day one I worked with Megan and she was nothing but exceptional. She helped me stay within my budget and when the flowers showed up on the wedding day they were an absolute dream, exactly what I wanted. Planning a wedding out of... Read More state was difficult but Megan made me feel as though I was her number one priority from the very start. We could not have been happier. Thank you so much, Megan and Blumz!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Lisa B

We went to meet with Megan at Blumz for the initial appointment. We were immediately impressed with how well Megan put my daughter's ideas into pictures that were exactly what she had envisioned. Everything that day was perfect. The bouquets and boutinneres were delivered on... Read More time to our hotel and they were gorgeous. When we went to the wedding/reception site, we couldn't have been happier with the results. Perfect, perfect, perfect! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Rachel T

We really loved our arrangements from Blumz. Megan was great to work with. She made sure everything looked just as we wanted for our wedding.

2017-07-25T17:57:59 Response from the vendor

We're so glad that you were happy with our work! WE agree Mean is great! We will let her know what you said! Congrats and cheers!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Jamie S

We loved Blumz! They made wonderful bouquets, centerpieces, and bouttonieres for our wedding. We wanted a more rustic and natural flower arrangements and they did not disappoint. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

It would have not been the beautiful wedding day it was without our Wedding Day Coordinator, Jerome! He was awesome! He was there for us every step of the day! Not only was he awesome but the beautiful centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres Blumz presented were incredible!... Read More I cannot say enough about Jerome and his staff at Blumz. With that said he will be representing us again at my other daughters wedding in November 2017.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kristin T

Jerome and his team at Blumz are absolutely phenomenal to work with! Not only did they do a beautiful job with our flowers, they were such a great resource as we planned our big day. Jerome was our Day Of Coordinator and with his help, he made our day seamless! I would highly... Read More recommend Blumz!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Julie C

We hired Blumz to create our wedding bouquets and they did a fantastic job! We worked with Megan and she was delightful throughout the entire process. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to the different types of flowers, so I provided a few reference photos and Megan... Read More suggested flower types based on what I showed her. The bouquets turned out beautiful and they were exactly what I had envisioned. I highly recommend Blumz for your wedding or next big event!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Carrie H

I emailed Blumz my Pinterest link for the concepts I wanted for my bouquets and table settings. They emailed me back the photos they thought would work best, and a full proposal showing the cost options. I only needed to email them a couple times for a tweak here, a question... Read More there. They always responded immediately addressing everything I questioned. Everything was delivered timely, and setup beautifully. The flowers lasted all day and all night long! And they were gorgeous! The price was very reasonable as well. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Colton Y

Blumz... By JR Designs did the flowers as well as attend as day-of coordinators for my wedding. Everything was amazing and made the whole day that more special. The flowers were fresh, vibrant, and more amazing than we could have ever hoped for. I highly recommend Blumz for... Read More anyone who needs flowers for any party or event needs.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob P

We could not have asked for a more fairytale wedding and Blumz by JR Designs was a HUGE part of this. Just to be clear, this is coming from the groom and I had to create a Knot account just so I could give Blumz 5 stars!! Jerome and Robbin are AMAZING! They are so professional... Read More and more importantly, they are extremely caring! They made us feel like part of their family, a feeling we still feel today (wedding date was 5/21/16). Again, I'm only the groom, but everything was perfect. To this day, every picture my wife sees follows with a comment on how beautiful the flowers were. As we all know "Happy wife = happy life". Honestly, Blumz is perfect! They will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Pam L

I worked with Blumz for my wedding back in July and I was not disappointed! The flowers were beautiful and definitely added to the beauty of the venue! I was speechless when I walked into the reception room - It was exactly what I imagined! Jerome and Robbin are great at what... Read More they do and have an amazing staff to help them execute all their weddings! I had a great experience and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding florist! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily B

I had the absolute BEST experience with Blumz. I worked directly with Robbin and he was extremely accommodating and worked with me down to every detail...even two days before the wedding! Our flowers were absolutely beautiful and held the entire day. Walking into our ballroom,... Read More my husband and I couldn't have been happier. The chairs, linen, centerpieces, floral, even the tabletop lighting were all exactly how we imagined. I cannot be more appreciative of this company making our day as easy as possible. I would definitely recommend using Blumz and they can coordinate every detail that you need without having to work through 10 different vendors. This 'one stop shop' is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erica V

I was very disappointed in my floral decor and my overall experience with Blumz. To begin, I was initially scheduled to meet with Megan for a mock up which she completely forgot about. She created something on the fly, which was decent but obviously needed work. During our... Read More meeting I said I would like to add the $5 table numbers and I assumed she added this as we discussed (I should have checked this when I got my estimates instead of trusting that she would just follow thorough). She told me she would later send me photos of the mock up since she forgot about the appointment. When I received the photos I was VERY disappointed and felt she completely lost sight of my vision. She then sent me photos of the flowers she would use instead but I never got to see what how the centerpieces would actually look. When I saw them in person I was yet again extremely unhappy. Not with the actual flowers but with how minimal they were and particularly with the garland. The garland was $80 per table and was very very thin and there were only few flowers in between. According to Blumz it was 4 feet but in reality it was nowhere near 4 feet. Like I said, it didn't even stretch across the table. To spend nearly $3000 on centerpieces this was an incredibly bad experience and I would NEVER go with this company again. I literally had one large centerpiece and again it was underwhelming. I spoke with several other companies who I should have gone with in the first place who would have given me several large centerpieces and much better flowers for the same price.

2016-10-11T16:03:43 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry you were unhappy with your wedding flowers. We pride ourselves on taking care of all of our brides and making sure their vision is achieved on their big day. We do free consultations and have you confirm the estimates and sign... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maria C

I was so happy to have Blumz provided us a beautiful flowers. The staff are very helpful and professional. Megan was so nice and easy to work with. We are so blessed to have her as event consultant.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 April A

We used Blumz for invitations, flowers, graphics and string lighting. The invitations and string lighting were both perfect...the flowers in the ceremony were very pretty, not what I asked for, but still very beautiful. The centerpieces and runner in our reception were... Read More beautiful. Unfortunately, we were supposed to have petals running up and down the aisle for the ceremony, and those were too wilted and brown to use. They also forgot some of the flowers we had ordered and had to come back and place those on our gift table. Unfortunately, the graphics were horrible, I would not recommend them for graphics in any way other than invitations. They were not what I wanted nor what I approved in the mock-up meeting. The staff is very nice to work with, and our initial planner quit right in the middle of the planning process, so I'm sure some things got lost in the shuffle as they only had one planner during high wedding season. They did send a thank you card with a $25 gift card to use at Blumz right after our wedding, but I wish they had asked how things went, and reimbursed us for the petals. We spent between $8000-$10,000 here.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 sarah s

The staff here is easy to work with and they were genuinely excited and happy for our big day when I came to pick up my flowers. They were very proud of their work and it showed because the flowers were beautiful. Our wedding was a 95 degree day and the flowers held up... Read More perfectly. We also used Blumz for our pipe and drape. It looked beautiful and added so much to our venue. Well worth it!

Owners Jerome Raska and Robbin Yelverton