Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

2030 W. Baseline Road, Phoenix, AZ (602) 284-0228

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 J M

The absolute best! Not only was the planning so easy with their online portal but they really understood our music style. When we were running behind on the day they reorganized the evening to fit it all in and got our style perfectly. They even cut down our first dance song and... Read More mixed it perfectly. They made our night perfect and all our guests were saying how wonderful the DJ was

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Donnell H

Fantastic! Mike is very personable and organized, his setup was amazing, and his music was perfect for our day. My husband and I were impressed with their service from start to finish! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Ashlyn B

Mike and Andy were so great. Mike met with us a couple of times to make sure we felt comfortable with all that was happening during our wedding. We were able to do a lot online. We could pick our songs, see our timeline, etc. They made the process super easy. On the day of... Read More our wedding, they made sure the day ran smoothly. Thanks Mike and Andy!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Heather S

Mike was Amazing!! He was there every step of the way helping to plan our special day. The website to upload music was so helpful!!! We were able to add songs whenever we wanted to. Our wedding day went so smooth because of him. He was seriously the best and I highly recommend... Read More bolt to anyone!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Courtney L

Mike and Andy were fantastic!!! I can not recommend anyone better then these guys. Mike and Andy are so organized and professional it's insane. If your an organized person and ocd like myself these are your men to go with. Mike made sure everything ran seamlessly. both set ups... Read More from your ceremony site to the reception area were on point and immaculate! our monogram was perfect and placed in the perfect spot, all of our up lighting made the room look awesome. music music music he played everything to a T. if you think about it the DJ controls your whole evening, so you need someone that's "on it" Mike and Andy are your perfect guys. I HIGHLY recommend!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Amanda T

Bolt Entertainment is the only way to go if you are in need of professional DJ services. Mike, the owner of Bolt, is extremely organized, punctual, and helpful beyond words. From our very first meeting, I felt at ease, and I felt as though everything was taken care of. I had... Read More a backyard wedding, and that can be a total disaster if everything isn't planned to a tee. That's where Mike came in, and that's why I can enthusiastically recommend him to anyone looking to hire a DJ for a special event. He is very personable and responds to emails and/ or calls within hours. One of my personal favorite parts about doing business with Mike was his website. There is a portal where requests can be stored and the timeline of your event can be edited and tweaked as needed. Mike did not miss a single detail at my wedding. The equipment was top-notch and pleasing to the eye (I upgraded to the slimmer Bose speakers- highly recommend doing the same). The volume of everything was also perfect. My guests told me that they could hear our vows and the reverend perfectly, as we had Mike also provide music and equipment for our ceremony. Without Mike, I'm not sure how we would have stayed on schedule. Also, Bolt Entertainment offers payment plans; so, you are not forced to front all of the money at once. We were able to make three payments, and that was so helpful, especially when there are other wedding expenses to take into account. From the very bottom of my heart, I cannot thank or recommend Mike and Bolt Entertainment enough. Having the right DJ for a wedding is crucial, and as far as I'm concerned, he's the only way to go. He was a blast to work with, had the most professional presentation, a positive attitude, and was a calm constant in the storm that is planning a wedding. Look no further... Mike and Bolt Entertainment are THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Heather A

OMG they are amazing!!! Mike is so awesome along with his staff. He made my wedding so much fun and everyone is still talking about it. Not only was it great music and music selection, Mike is so nice and such a great person to work with. My husband and I were like we need to... Read More throw another party just to work with him!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jenny K

We were so lucky to have Mike as our DJ. Prior to our wedding he helped us plan everything out in detail. During the wedding he did an amazing job keeping everything on track. I can't say enough good things about Mike.

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Tayler F

Where do I even start? Bolt entertainment made our wedding night a priority. From helping plan a surprise dance, to cutting songs specific ways we wanted they were dedicated to our wants and needs. Mike was hands down an incredible DJ and I had people asking about him from the... Read More second he started playing songs. Andy and Mike as a team did more then anticipated and I am forever thankful we picked these guys to work our wedding. You rock!

Awesome

Reviewed on 4/19/2015 Betsy Z

Mike and his team were awesome! From the first time I spoke with him, I knew that he took special pride in his work and would do an excellent job. His attention to detail was tremendous, and his website planning tools for the timeline and music selection made everything very... Read More easy for us - especially since we were planning our wedding from Ohio. Mike was very involved with everything, and made sure that the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all went smoothly. We loved his uplighting and how perfect he spaced it out. We had a side room with a video playing on a loop and he made sure it was perfect and that it fit in with the wedding theme. We are so thankful for Mike and would highly recommend him. Thank you again, you made our night that much more special!!!

Excellent DJ

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Briana D

Mike was the first DJ we interviewed and he set the bar extraordinarily high for our next interviews! After doing our due diligence and exploring other DJs in the Valley, we happily signed on with Bolt Entertainment and were nothing but impressed and satisfied with our... Read More experience. As far as planning went, Mike is extremely organized and the entire planning process can be done via his online portal – this was a HUGE plus for someone like me and my husband who are big planners and wanted to be hands on, but also work full time and did not have a lot of free time. Mike was always attentive and followed up with any questions we may have had within 24-48 hours! As for the actual day of services – Mike was amazing! The music provided was fun and upbeat, without being overwhelming. He brought in the “older” crowd with more classic hits at the start of the dance party and ended the night with awesome party tunes more suited for the more inebriated and youthful attendants closing down the night! He was a great MC without being schmaltzy – which was one of our key requirements! It was really a wonderful overall experience and we can’t thank Mike and Bolt Entertainment enough!

Exceeded our expectation!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Siska T

We had a small intimate wedding (50-60) and Mike and his team still care enough to give us the best experience thus exceeding our expectation! They went above and beyond to ensure that everything would be in order and flow smoothly at our wedding. He was professional,... Read More friendly/fun and on top of things; great at communicating with us and also with other vendors to ensure everyone's on the same page. He also has an online music manager system that rocks big time as it helped us to manage songs we want (and don't want) to play at our wedding and our timeline, so make sure you use it. Most importantly, we had lots of fun with the activities and dances! He helped made it memorable and unforgettable for both of us. I'm so glad we found him as our DJ and highly recommend him to any bride looking for a reliable awesome DJ at a great value. Thank you so much Mike!! You rock :)

So easy to work with!

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Brittany B

Mike was so helpful throughout our music planning process. His website is easy to use and made it super simple for us to pick the songs we wanted for our reception. He maintain a professional and friendly demeanor through the entire night and was respectful to my groom and I... Read More about any unexpected song requests before playing them. The only reason I gave 4.5 instead of 5 is because when we had a dedication song for my husband's late mother he said her name wrong, but it was just an honest mistake and did not ruin the reception one bit. I was very happy that we chose Bolt entertainment for our wedding :)

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Gwendolyn H

We chose Bolt Entertainment as the DJ at our reception and for the music at our ceremony. Mike was amazing. He was very patient and helpful through out our music selections. On the day of our wedding we could not have asked for a better experience from him. He was beyond helpful... Read More and made sure the timing of everything at our reception was perfect. We received multiple compliments from family and friends about how impressed they were with his service. I like how he even wore a watermelon pink dress shirt to match with our wedding colors. I highly recommend Mike and Bolt Entertainment for any event!

A Must Have for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Andy A

To say that Mike and his crew from Bolt Entertainment were instrumental in the success of our wedding would be an understatement! Throughout the entire process Mike was so helpful to this couple trying to do the whole wedding planning thing on our own! From the first meeting it... Read More was so evident how professional, organized, and down to earth Mike is. His flexible schedule worked well with our crazy schedule for our first meeting. Mike came prepared with several different options for DJ services, but not only that he started introducing us to all the lighting services he could provide! During this meeting we could tell how much Mike loves what he does. After we booked Bolt Entertainment for our Wedding, Mike was what kept us on track for the rest of the planning. The easy to use planning website through Bolt helped us organize our schedule, select songs throughout the entire evening, and get a general feel for how the day would go. Besides having the event planning site at our fingertips, Mike was easy to get in touch with through the entire process via e-mail, phone, and meeting. Mike met with us again prior to the wedding day at our venue to get a feel for lighting and finalizing details. Mike was so flexible with our ever changing schedule and ideas (literally, my husband picked his Mother-Son dance the morning of the wedding!). On the day of is where Mike and his team really shined! Mike was so efficient setting up the lighting and the sound system, while the rest of us frantically got the space ready for the ceremony and reception. Mike worked seamlessly with the other vendors (Photographers, Venue reps, caterers) to organize the entire evening. My husband and I didn't have to think about anything except enjoying the evening. Mike organized the wedding party prior to the ceremony, kept guests entertained throughout cocktail hour, and maintained great energy throughout the reception and dance to make sure everyone was having a good time. In addition to the awesome DJ-ing throughout the night the lighting of the space set the tone for the whole evening. His lighting really transformed a blank canvas into a stunningly beautiful venue! Mike truly uses the best of the best of equipment. The DJ stand, podiums, and moving light heads are all state of the art and look beautiful. I wish that I could put down into words how much we appreciated Mike and his team from Bolt Entertainment, because I don't feel like this review gives him justice! But to help put Mike's skills into perspective, our venue has requested the contact information for Bolt to add him to their preferred vendors list because of how impressed they were! Thanks so much Mike and Bolt Entertainment!!

The best decision we ever made!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Sarah M

Mike and his assistant were FANTASTIC to start off. I heard horror stories and have been to a few wedding where the DJ's were awkward and they didn't really know how to connect with the crowd and always needed to be reminded to do the next thing or when to start or stop an even,... Read More i.e. cake cutting, dinner, first dance, etc. When we met Mike, we had just gotten engaged and he was our very first vendor we got to meet. Immediately I knew I could trust him. Having a conversation with him was easy and effortless, he understood exactly the direction we wanted to take with our wedding based on what we told him we hoped for. If Mike wasn't at my wedding, I would have lost my mind. Not only was he an AMAZING DJ but he took care of my husband and I throughout the night. From helping us figuring out where the catering company was (he called on behalf of us so we could enjoy ourselves) to letting us know when cake cutting would commence, to offering to get us Starbucks and keeping a drink in our hand. We had many compliments throughout the night on what a great job he and his assistant did and the music was the best! I would definitely recommend Bolt Entertainment to anyone looking for someone that you know will not only meet your expectations on your wedding day, but exceed them. Love you guys!!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 Bethany S

From the first moment I met Mike, I knew that he would be the perfect DJ for my big day. Me and my husband were both impressed with how knowledgeable and professional he was each time we met with him. Not only was he available by phone and email anytime I needed, he truly went... Read More above and beyond to make sure that my wedding went off without a hitch. Do not hesitate to hire Mike for your big day or party, he is amazing.

Great music!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 lindsay g

Mike was the best! He played music from all decades and genres and our dance floor was full the entire time! A perfect mix of top 40 and older classics.

Bring your wedding to the next level

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Crystal V

I had the pleasure of having Bolt Entertainment as my wedding vendor. Mike and Andy are amazing! They took care of everything for me and brought my wedding too the next level. When planning my wedding Bolt Entertainment was the one vendor we never had to worry about. From day 1... Read More Mike met with us on music, gave us ideas and was very honest with me about my idea. Their website is extremely easy to use and it helped keep me organized for the entire wedding. During the wedding weekend they were there for the rehearsal because they wanted to make sure they knew what was going on. They setup the love story, uplighting and all the other wonderful add on options they have. My wedding was outside in the middle of no where. They took this small ranch backyard and turned it into a magical and impressive venue. Mike made sure to keep us on track as far as timing and everything went according to plan on the timeline. He dressed to match the occasion and was extremely professional. It was really important to me that everyone at the wedding has a great time and dances all night. Mike made that happen. From the minute we opened the dance floor to when we closed up for the night the dance floor was packed. We got numerous comments on how awesome the DJ and music was. He was able to get people who don't like country music on the dance floor. It was an unforgettable wedding and Mike played a huge role in that. I also gave him a lot of freedom on what music to play. For a lot of things I told him to play whatever he wanted. I mean, he is the expert right? Well, he definitely proved that he was. The music he chose was perfect for every occasion and he did a stand up job playing things for all types of people. We have been to multiple weddings and have seen so many things go wrong with the DJ, equipment or music. During the ceremony we had wireless mics, which looks very classy for pictures instead of handing a giant microphone back n forth. Not once was the volume too low and they never cut out due to wind or other unexpected outdoor problems. We were at another wedding where you couldn't hear what the DJ was saying so no one knew when to be released for dinner. It was a bit of a cluster. Mike's equipment was very crisp and clear. He took control of the wedding and made sure everyone was on task. If we had any other events I would never want to hire anyone else except for Mike. He was a joy to work with and absolutely loves his job. Music is and art and Mike has mastered it. Thanks again for such an unforgettable evening!

Amazing DJ Experience

Reviewed on 6/26/2014

I have worked in the service industry myself for the past 24 years. As a result, I have HIGH expectations of any vendor that I would ask to participate in my wedding day. The experience with Mike, Andy and Sam from Bolt Entertainment surpassed anything that I had previously... Read More imagined. From the first time my husband and I met with them, they were genuinely interested in helping us create our dream event. Full of ideas of their own but incredibly respectful of what we were dreaming of, they led us through a conversation to guide us in outlining our reception. Mike's attention to detail focused on the timeline he knew would work. The priority was to keep the celebration flowing but including all the events we desired. During the conversation he took the time to get to know us as a couple. He asked great questions to understand the history of our relationship and those most important to us. After the meeting, his follow up was immediate. Two weeks prior to the event, he checked in with us and reviewed the event again. Incredibly flexible to changes, he made adjustments perfectly. When we struggled to find a photographer, Mike recommended Andy. The meeting with Andy was just as pleasantly surprising as Mike's. I found myself at many times thinking to myself, "is this too good to be true?" Andy was just as interested in us as a couple. His creativity brought forth great recommendations. He showed us previous work that displayed a comfortable, unstaged point of view through the lens. We arranged an hour and a half of off-site time in a tree lined neighborhood, an hour of family photos in the church sanctuary with a 2nd photographer and 4 hours at the reception. We eagerly awaited the wedding day, confident with these two playing key roles. When the event rolled around our HIGH expectations were shattered. Mike and Andy blew us away with their professionalism, level of involvement and drive. Andy met us at our hotel to capture photos while we were getting ready. He helped alleviate our anxiety as the ceremony approached and kept us talking. As we entered the church, he was able to capture every angle of the service without being a distraction. The images that we received less than a week later took our breath away. Andy was able to capture the spirit of our event perfectly. Mike performed multiple roles during the reception. He basically commanded the event and served as the master of ceremonies. When the caterer fell behind schedule, Mike took control and revised the events of the evening with the needs of our guests in mind. He pushed the caterer to keep up, allowing us to enjoy our guests and focus on the magic of the night. We had many kids in attendance and Mike had activities planned to keep them involved. It's usually very hard for me to let go and trust, but I knew within five minutes of entering the reception that the event was in great hands. We received dozens of comments during the event about how impressive Mike's services were. Likeable, engaging, upbeat and full of happiness for our union, he was the key factor in making the night the great success it was. I could go on and on about the men of Bolt Entertainment. All I will say in closing is that if you are in search of a professional who will give 200% to make your event a success, than look no further. You will be blown away just like we were... I guarantee it.

OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Kindra h

Mike and his team really brought the entire wedding together! The organizational aspect of his services was invaluable. The team worked with us and never once added stress to planning. I would highly recommend hiring Bolt Entertainment.

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Kristin N

Mike and crew were amazing! His online tools for setting our day were easy to use and comprehensive. His pricing is far better than other DJ services out there, and he provides more lighting and equipment that every other company I talked to up charges for! His DJ style is... Read More totally whatever you would like it be. He made sure our day ran smoothly. I never had to worry about the timeline. If something needed to be changed, he would run by the details to us and effortlessly put them into effect on our wedding day. He would even ask me if I needed another drink and would provide it if needed! It was a stress-free day and Mike and his crew were a big reason why! I totally recommend them!!!!!!

Awesome Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 4/05/2014

Kim and I got married in Scottsdale on March 15 but were both living in Texas during the entire planning process. We met with Mike Zaplatosch while visiting Arizona over Thanksgiving to discuss DJ services for our wedding and we picked him immediately after the interview.... Read More Everything he offered was top of the line especially his website which made it super easy for us to research and pick songs for the different parts of the wedding. We talked on the phone with him a few times discussing things and we also did FaceTime to iron out the final details. Mike wanted to be a part of the entire process which we thought was a great idea. He got the contact information from us all of our other vendors (flowers, pictures, officiant, wedding planner, etc) and contacted all of them to discuss our wedding. When it came time for our wedding rehearsal he was the glue which held the entire process together and that also was true during the wedding itself. Everything he did was so amazing and extremely helpful. He not only made everything go super super smooth, he was getting people drinks the entire night. They set up our venue at McDowell Mountain and made the room look spectacular with the uplighting package. When the wedding was nearing the end our photographer wasn't there anymore and we still had the sparkler send off to do. Mike knew our photographer wasn't going to be there and had his own photographer come to take photo's during the sparkler send off. That was just the icing on the cake that he was thoughtful enough to do that. We honestly don't know what we would have done if it weren't for Mike and Bolt Entertainment. Mike and Sam are a great duo and were the consummate professionals. We highly highly recommend anyone choose them for their services.

Highlight of the party!

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Sarah B

From day 1, Michael at Bolt Entertainment and his staff were so friendly and professional, and always there to help when I needed them. They really set the tone for our wedding. Not only did we get an amazing DJ, playing all of our favorite songs and keeping the party going, but... Read More we also got Michael the host. All of our guests were amazed that he was so involved with everyone! He was always there to see if we needed anything, and would personally go and talk to our guests to help with anything! He really kept everyone having a great time! A million thanks to him and his staff, and I would HIGHLY recommend him for any wedding or event!!

Amazing DJ and Very Affordable

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Rebecca E

Mike and his team were great. They use a great online music manager that made it really, really easy to add to and update our playlist. It also offered suggestions for specific dances (father/daughter, anniversary, etc.) as well as top songs by decade, genre searches, etc. It... Read More was really easy to use. The day of Mike was great. The music was great, he got people dancing, and he even made sure my husband and I had full drinks all night. It was a really great experience. I really recommend them!