Boston Common Band+DJ Combo

Boston, Cape Cod, Newport, NH, ME, VT & CT

The All-Inclusive Wedding Band+DJ Combo Package

You’ve found THE ONE! Now you’ve found THE BAND! Boston Common Band, and our Soul Estate + Park Street sister bands, are the most awarded entertainment group in all of New England over the past 8 years. All bands feature dedicated lineups and deliver an All-Inclusive entertainment package; Including comprehensive online planning utilities + tour-quality sound & lighting show production that will keep everyone, ages 7-70 on the dance floor - partying all night long! Our Band+DJ Packages scale from 6pc to 10pc and flex to meet your budget!

Country, Dance, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Boston, Cape Cod, Newport, NH, ME, VT & CT (617) 840-5580

5 Stars isn't enough

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Athena T

If you're reading this review I assume you're in the process of deciding on a band/dj for your wedding. Let me stop you right there. Boston Common is the band you NEED to book. From initial planning to the very last song this band was incredible to work with. They even took... Read More the time to learn a somewhat obscure song my wife and I wanted to use during our first dance. I've lost count of the number of guests who have reached out since the wedding to say how great the band was. It's typically the first thing they say. From my 5 year old cousin to 90 year old grandmother they had everyone on the dance floor. The fact that the band also includes a DJ was a huge plus I hadn't even considered. There was no awkward break in the dance party. I highly recommend Boston Common for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sarah M

I wish I had more then 5 stars to say how amazing Boston Common was. They ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT playing at our wedding! One of the most popular pieces of feedback we've heard from our wedding, (including the hotel staff) was not only how professional Boston Common is, but how... Read More blown away everyone was with their set. From the beginning of our planning we were adamant a live band makes a party, and they certainly made ours! I remember one part of the night looking around to notice most of the wedding was on the dance floor, which is always a sign of a successful event in our book. I would hire Boston Common again in a heartbeat - they were an integral part of making our wedding such a success!

PERFECTION

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Lindsey T

Boston Common Band and DJ J Boogz were absolute perfection. We just got married this past weekend at the State Room in Boston and we could not get on here soon enough to write up an amazing review. We, and the rest of our guests, did not leave the dance floor the entire... Read More night. The energy of the band was electrifying. You could tell they were having a blast and that they love what they do, which is so contagious. They were nonstop fun, excitement, and the flow was effortless. The number one comment from our guests was how amazing the band was. We will recommend Boston Common Band to absolutely everyone I know—because we hope to attend more events where they play so we can party with them again! They were also wonderful in the planning process. Giving their opinions and experienced advice without being pushy. Their online portal is simple to use and a very helpful tool. They were proactive with planning, which is VERY appreciated on our end. Overall, THE. BEST.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Allison W

We had Boston Common Band and DJ Shyne at our wedding on 5/28/2017 at Newport Beach House. We could not have been happier with the band and jazz trio along with DJ Shyne throughout the event. We were unable to see the band before booking them, and had to go with videos and... Read More reviews online. When we finally saw them in person at a bar in Boston, we knew they were very talented. However, our expectations were exceeded on our wedding day. Our family and friends were on the dance floor the entire evening and constantly commented that they felt like they were at a concert not a wedding. We are so happy we trusted other couples when booking Boston Common Band- we would book them again if we could relive our wedding night again!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Callie C

We had the Park Street Band and DJ Rolling Rick at our wedding and they were absolutely phenomenal! After our first band canceled on us we stumbled into having this group and I couldn't be happier that we ended up with them. They kept ALL of our guests on the dance floor the... Read More entire night, it was awesome! We have gotten so many compliments from both our guests and even the staff at our venue that the band absolutely killed it! Both the band and DJ Rolling Rock were so easy to work with throughout the planning process. I was extremely impressed by this group! We can't thank you guys enough for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Katie R

We could not have been happier with our wedding band/DJ! Park Street was amazing, so many of our guests thought so too.. they were even posting pictures with #bestweddingbandever etc etc! Not only were they amazing performers, but we felt so taken care of every step of the... Read More planning process. Our DJ Nathan was in touch with us regularly to make sure were were keeping up with the online planner (which was really convenient) and to help us in any way that we needed. We 100% without hesitation recommend working with Park Street as your wedding band/DJ combo; you will NOT regret it.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Betsey D

Boston Common Band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They absolutely killed it and I still have people talking about how great they were. There wasn't a song that I didn't want played. They were extremely easy to work with and accommodating. I would book... Read More them again in a heart beat!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michele N

Booking Boston Common Band & DJ Shyne as our wedding Band/DJ combo was the greatest decision my husband and I made in regards to our wedding. From the start, they were nothing but courteous and helpful. When we first contacted them, they answered every question we had in a... Read More timely and thorough manner. They listened to our requests regarding music choices and uplighting, and they absolutely KILLED our first dance song - they even went above and beyond and slowed it down to allow for a slow dance before kicking it up a notch to the normal pace. My husband and I have been to plenty of weddings and what we have learned is that the music can make or break the wedding. Boston Common Band and DJ Shyne went above and beyond. Whenever we looked at the dance floor, it was packed - not a person was sitting! At brunch the next morning, a bunch of people told us that they felt as if they were at a concert the whole night. They were amazing - I would 1000% recommend them for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Emily B

If I could give them 10 stars, I would! The Boston Common Band helped make our wedding so much fun! Every guest who we talk to about our wedding mentions how amazing the band was and how much fun they were. The Boston Common Band and DJ Shyne are the best - you won't be... Read More sorry!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Matt R

From start to finish the Boston Common Band were total pros! My wife and I heard about the Boston Common Band through our wedding coordinator at Wychmere Beach Club (Harwich MA). We scouted BCB at the Landsdowne Pub in Boston last December. We were very impressed and quickly... Read More convinced (after seeing them crush Bruno Mars) these guys could bring the house down at our wedding. The business end was very simple. Jonathan was straight forward in regards to their packages, addressed any our concerns, and was flexible to meet our needs. The band had played Wychmere before was very comfortable playing the Harbor Room. This was huge because my wife and I were concerned about the narrowness of the room. There was no issue what so ever. We had a 300+ wedding in the room and there were no issues. DJ Tony was completely flexible and very attentive to make sure he got the name pronunciation and order correct. I also had a pretty particular selection of entrance music which he completely nailed. Having a Band and DJ combo is completely worth it. If your going to make the investment to get a band then you really should look at a package deal like Boston Common offers. When the band took a break - DJ Tony nailed it, there was no drop off in entertainment. Our requested songs were played and more importantly, both band and DJ were attentive to the "do not play list" Of the 50 plus weddings i have been to, I have never seen a Band so engaging and accommodating to the crowd. The dance floor had zero breaks from start to finish. BCB allowed the bride and groom to sing a tune, an aunt sing to a grandfather/grandmother dance, and allowed the bride groom and groomsmen to close the night our own rendition of Piano Man. They didn't have to do that...but that's the fun of working with them. If we didn't have twenty pizza pies waiting for the wedding at a local restaurant down the street at the end of the night, our guests would still be there chanting one more song today.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jennifer S

Words can honestly not explain how amazing this band is. Prior to our wedding, they were by far the most unbelievable vendor to work with. They are quick to respond, answer any and all questions (honestly within minutes at times), and are unbelievably organized. They remind you... Read More of timelines, and ensure things on your end are done in a timely fashion ( so helpful to avoid the craziness of organizing details right before the wedding!). Even before the wedding day, I was so happy that we had chosen to work with this group. Things only got better! The band put on an unreal show. Their energy was high, their smiles were huge, their dance moves were on point, and they sounded amazing. They looked they had a blast from start to finish. Our guests (and us!) were on the dance floor all night. . You couldn't help it. Every single guest has commented on our band selection since our wedding. They want to know who they were and where in the world we found such an amazing group. I would rehire this band in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle S

My husband and I got married in October and from the start we knew that having a band was most important to us. Boston Common blew all of our expectations out of the water. From talking with Jonathan when we first booked the band, to finalizing all of the details the month... Read More before with DJ Shyne; they were so easy and fun to work with. Now, almost two months married, I can't tell you how many compliments we still get about how great Boston Common was. Our biggest hope was that everyone would dance, and there wasn't any part of the night when the dance floor wasn't packed. We even had a guest try and book them for her wedding next fall (but unfortunately were already booked). My husband and I couldn't have been happier :-)

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Veronica M

Could it get any better than these guys? I mean SERIOUSLY!! I asked for a dance party, and I received the BIGGEST, FUNNEST and most rock star dance party of my life.. On the biggest day of my life! My wedding was a HIT thanks to these guys. There wasn't a minute that went by... Read More without that dance floor flooded with guests. Its been over 3 weeks now and people are still talking about how amazing it was, and i KNOW the entertainment was one of the biggest highlights. Working with them was a dream. The entire band, and DJ were extremely professional and worked with me throughout the planning to ensure a smooth process. They knew we were looking for a good time, and came to bring one! They were always available to talk leading up to the big day, and never were hesitant to respond to any of my emails! Great organization and communication skills across the board. I could never imagine a party without them! My word of advice to you all is book them now, these guys are going to make your night one to remember.. not only because there awesome, but because your guests wont be able to stop talking about them!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kevin M

Boston Common Band & DJ Shyne ABSOLUTELY killed it and wish I could give more stars! My wife Jen and I got married 10/29/16 at Saltwater Farm Vineyard and couldn't have had a more perfect wedding. All night long our guests were coming up to us commenting on how amazing the band... Read More was and if we could give them their information. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night having an absolute blast - the band and DJ really made our night so special! Jonathan, Jeff and the rest of the band were so pleasant and easy to work with throughout our planning process and on the big day. Their attention to detail was second to none and they made it their priority to make sure we all were having fun. BCB also learned our first dance and, oh my god, did they crush it - Jen and I were truly blown away. Can't recommend these guys enough - definitely use them!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Erica M

I had NO idea when I discovered Boston Common Band how amazing they would be. We were guided through the planning process and the guys were pretty flexible about changes. Nothing could've prepared me for how incredible they were on the day of. They had everyone out on the dance... Read More floor the entire time they played (including all the little kiddos before the party even started). The talent and energy was insane. Yes, a good chunk of our budget went toward the band but the cost was in line with a lot of the other bands I'd researched. Every time someone brings up our wedding, the band is the main topic. Just the best.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Laura C

Boston Common Band was absolutely amazing at our wedding! Our guests had a blast and are still talking about how great the music and performance was at our June 2016 reception. The dance floor was packed the whole night with all ages loving every minute! This is a... Read More high-energy, modern group who totally break the old "wedding band" stereotype. Jonathan and the crew were fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. They worked closely with us to help determine a timeline for the evening and offered great suggestions for how to work everything in and still keep the energy up. We felt totally at east going into our day knowing we had such a great team who would deliver a fun, flawless evening. They also offer a great online tool to create "must play" "would like to play" and "do not play" tracks for the evening. I highly suggest taking the time to do this worksheet ahead of time as it helped the band/DJ learn our taste and style and really made the evening feel personalized for us. I would recommend this vendor 100x over for all area weddings!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jodie K

They were absolutely AMAZING. They interacted with our guests, got everyone out on the dance floor, sounded amazing, and incorporated all of our requests/styles. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 A J

The Boston Common Band was the right choice for our wedding. They energized the room, and interacted with the guests well. The ease of working with them was well appreciated, as it took the stress out of the overall planning. We really enjoyed working with the band..

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Mike P

THE BEST. Boston Common performed at our wedding a few weeks ago and they were, bar none, the best wedding band everyone has heard! They played the perfect mix of songs. Putting a few oldies in for our parents, then absolutely slayed the rest of the night with our favorite... Read More 90s and 2000s jams! Let's just say, the dance floor was packed all night. We're in our early 30s, and as you can imagine, all of our friends are getting married right about the same time. One of our close friends, who is getting married next year is looking to cancel her current band, and is now booking Boston Common. Seriously, they are THAT good! Thank You Jonathan and the rest of the Boston Common Band for making our wedding night the best night of our lives!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Michelle M

When we went to scope out Boston Common Band at Landsdowne pub, we knew we'd be getting a great wedding band. When Boston Common and DJ Shyne started playing at our wedding, we very quickly found out we'd chosen an AWESOME wedding band. These guys crushed it from start to... Read More finish and most guests, thanks to the band/DJ combo, didn't even realize that the band stopped because the party just kept going. When we decided we wanted to use the original version of our first dance song and have it played by DJ Shyne, the band agreed to learn another song for us and rocked a cover of JT's Can't Stop The Feeling. Our camps were split over whether we should have a band or a DJ for our wedding and we wound up with the absolute best of both worlds. I would unequivocally recommend Boston Common Band to any couple!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ben S

What can Kate and I say that hasn't already been said by our guests...you all were absolutely off the chain! I can't thank you all enough for making the best day of our lives even that much more special, memorable, and downright fun! Tony, I know you said you'd reach out a... Read More couple weeks after our wedding with a survey or request for a review...but I simply couldn't wait any longer to contact you all and let you know how much Kate and I truly appreciate your efforts in making sure our guests didn't stop dancing all night! We will fill out whatever you would like us to, and give you a roaring review on any forum. Top 5 moments of the night involving the band: 5) Just before the ceremony, our 5 minute rehearsal which I didn't have time to be nervous for...went pretty well though, I thought 4) Dancing with my father like maniacs. He's 73, and was bouncing around like an animal and now needs to go to the chiropractor, but loved every minute of it 3) Our first dance together thru the first chorus, and then everyone joining us on the dancefloor. You played that song incredibly well, it sounded amazing. We'll never forget looking around and being surrounded by everyone we love dancing to our song. 2) Emily on Proud Mary...homegirl crushed it! 1) All of you making me feel comfortable on stage and rocking our 2 songs together. I think it was Chris who said to me at the end of the night "we've had grooms play an instrument, or sing a song, but never had a groom that rocked the party for 2 straight!" Thank you for making me sound good! Below are a couple of videos of what we did together. Thanks again for an awesome evening, ECF!! Wagon Wheel & Toes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3AuM5GWXCM

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

BCB was amazing. We got so many compliments on how awesome our band was, and they were! There's just no beating the quality of the music. They had everyone on their feet dancing, and a lot of our guests aren't usually big dancers. They're also incredibly professional in how... Read More they control the the flow and pace of the evening -- everything went very smoothly. The only minor issue we had was that their website was a little hard to use, but that's pretty far down the list of priorities when it come to a wedding band. Overall we had a great experience and would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Christie G

In our entire wedding planning process, the best decision we made was to hire Boston Common Band! It was important to us to have a band at our wedding reception, but we were nervous because with most other bands, the energy fell flat when they took a break during the reception.... Read More We hired Boston Common not only because we heard them play once or twice live, but we were comforted by knowing a DJ would keep the energy moving throughout the night. Jonathan, Jeff (DJ Shyne), and the whole crew made planning incredibly easy with their online site, and meeting Jeff the month before allowed us to be calm moving into the big day because we knew the whole group would make sure the night was executed exactly as we had discussed. Boston Common Band blew away our expectations for the night. They played such a diverse mix of music throughout the night, it kept every generation on the dancefloor the entire time! We absolutely loved some of the mashups they played, and were thrilled with their level of energy – they truly got every friend and family member enjoying themselves, including Mike’s 85 year old grandmother! In the weeks since our wedding, our friends and family have continued to get in touch to ask us “where did you find this band?! They are incredible!” Each of the members of the band is very talented, and together they sound phenomenal. We think you would be silly to not hire Boston Common if you’re in the market for a band! Jeff (DJ Shyne) did an incredible job serving as the emcee for the entire evening, and made sure the night moved along flawlessly. His level of professionalism was impeccable and we remain grateful to him for treating us both so well. Each step of the night, he ensured we were aware of what was to come and anyone else who needed to be clued in (think parent dances and other wedding formalities). He took care of coordinating with our venue throughout the night so we literally had nothing to worry about except enjoying ourselves. Then, Jeff’s set during the band set break was a HUGE hit. There is nothing better than a DJ who knows his audience, and knows how to mix together a great string of hits to complement the work the band is doing. What else can we say other than Boston Common Band has us on cloud nine literally weeks after our wedding and we will be this way for some time to come. Between the band and DJ Shyne, together they created an unforgettable night not only for us, but for each of our friends and family who was there to celebrate with us!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Sarah F

Boston Common Band was amazing!!! They really made our day so special and everything went exactly as planned. I don't think we had one guest that didn't get up to dance! Everyone continues to rave about how awesome Boston Common Band was and what a wonderful time they had! Josh... Read More and Jonathan were incredible to work with. They were so accommodating to all of our requests and had everything so well organized that we had nothing to worry about!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Katie H

The Boston Common Band was absolutely fantastic, and we can't say enough great things about them! Three months after our wedding, our guests still comment on our amazing band! The band is exceptionally talented, professional, and responsive both to the requests of the bride... Read More and groom and to the energy of the wedding guests. Most of our guests danced from beginning to end of the reception. The evening started with the Jazz Trio during cocktail hour, continued with dinner music and intros by the DJ, and ended with two fabulous sets by the band! During the band's break, the DJ came back and played a number of requests. All of the band members and the DJ were so friendly and fun that it felt as if they were guests at our wedding too. From the moment we booked, the band and DJ made sure that they met our every need. We particularly appreciated that the band was willing to learn a new first dance song -- and they did an incredible job with our request. Hiring The Boston Common Band is easily the best decision you can make for your wedding reception.

Jonathan

Pioneer of the Band/DJ Combination; Visionary in Wedding and Private Event Entertainment. My team prides itself in delivering consistent and phenomenal events for all of our Brides + Grooms! We understand the need for direct communication and expert-level answers to all your questions; Delivered to you in expedient manner. We strive to be your 'go-to' Band and MC, which can truly bring all your vendors together; Allowing you to enjoy the biggest and best day of your life!