Unmatched creativity

Uplighting, pinspots, lasers, gobos, intelligent lighting, etc. We bring unmatched creativity to your event or wedding and help you realize your dream vision. Your guests will be raving for years to come. We light small events to million dollar fundraisers, Mention the Knot for a discount!

Lighting Design + Setup, Lighting, Decorations + Accents

Boston, MA (781) 393-5582

Best Party Ever

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

These guys ROCKED!! My first conversation with Fritz, I said I want AWESOME.. He responded by saying "ALL WE DO IS AWESOME". These guys were able to take my ideas and get creative... I throw a lot of big parties throughout the year.. and I am super picky about every minute... Read More detail. I cannot recommend me these guys enough. Fritz is the man... Look no further, I know this is a special day for you people, I can appreciate that.. this is exactly why I wrote this review! BOSTON EVENT LIGHTING are the party and light experts!

A night to remember!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Working with Boston Event Lighting for my sister's wedding was amazing. I approached Paul Bosch, a few weeks before the wedding to incorporate building a wedding chuppa as a wedding surprise for my sister. Even though we had only a few weeks to the wedding, they were extremely... Read More helpful and jumped right on board. I got to work with the amazing Stephanie Chubbuck who transformed my ideas and vision into an amazing masterpiece. I was truly speechless when I walked into the reception at the wedding. I was impressed with the work ethic and time that Paul, Stephanie and the rest of their team put into making my vision a reality. The lighting of the hall set a beautiful ambience to the evening. The wedding Chuppa (throne) was ethereal! I loved the all the details that were put into making it amazing. From the right placement of the pin lighting and uplighting, to the pearls and drapes used in making the throne. It was magnificent. My sister was blown away and moved to tears when she saw it. She told me that once she walked in and saw how romantic everything looked, she could not believe it was her wedding. She felt like a princess. A lot of my friends and guests at the wedding were blown away with how the hall looked, they loved the romantic feel and lighting used in the hall. Boston Event Lighting did an amazing job! They made what I thought was impossible, possible. I am truly grateful to Stephanie, Paul Bosch and the rest of the team at Boston Event Lighting for captivating my vision. My entire family had been looking forward to my sisters wedding and Paul and his team truly made her wedding a night to remember.

Fantastic Atmosphere!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Jose L

Our September wedding was held in Falmouth at Highfield Hall, a beautifully restored Victorian mansion built in 1879. One of the features that makes Highfield a wonderful venue for weddings is it's lovely Ballroom, where the dancing for our wedding took place. Although we had... Read More originally hired twin brothers Fritz and Paul Bosch to film our wedding (they also own Boston Event Films), their suggestion to add uplighting in the Ballroom intrigued us. Because Highfield Hall has an understated elegance about it, we were initially concerned that the uplighting might make the Ballroom too "glitzy" for our taste, but Fritz convinced us that it would work. Well, not only did it work, but it worked beautifully! As the sun set and it became darker, the Ballroom was gradually transformed into a dramatically lit night club, yet the character of the space was still maintained. All of the detailing in the moldings and paneling was accentuated with various shades of lighting that changed with the high energy music. We are absolutely convinced that the lighting truly made the dancing even more fun, worked perfectly with the music, and made for a fantastic atmosphere! For anyone planning a wedding, we definitely recommend adding uplighting (especially during the dancing) and further recommend Boston Event Lighting to provide it... you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Jamie W

We hired Boston Event Lighting to do our wedding video. We were married by the beach in Falmouth and had a rainy grey day. Fritz was out there with his drone capturing incredible shots of our tent and the venue despite the weather. We just received our trailer video back and I... Read More could not be happier with it!! Fritz sent a first version that didn't include a piece of the ceremony I wanted and when I emailed him back asking to fit it in he responded right away "no problem" and had the updated video back to me within the hour. On top of the incredible video and fantastic 'customer service' Fritz was such a nice guy! Super friendly and happy throughout the day. I can’t thank BEL enough for the absolutely beautifullllll job they did. They captured every special moment and put together the trailer video in such a way that people keep telling me it feels like they were there when they watch it. It’s one thing to link clips together to music but they did it in a way that every single time I watch it I feel every emotion come flooding back. It’s so clear it was edited with perfect precision to match up parts of songs to perfectly timed events in the clips. Some of the ‘flash’ transitions that were put in timed with the music give me the chills. Fritz is truly an artist! Brides, Grooms, Wedding Planners - to anyone considering a videographer for your wedding...DO IT. Initially we weren't sure if we could fit it in our budget but we made it work and I am so so happy that we'll have this to remember our day by forever. Boston Event Lighting - Thank you, Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 R M

I saw the good reviews online for Boston Event Lighting, but I'm not sure how they can give such great reviews, when I had such an awful experience. I wanted uplighting for my outdoor tent wedding and Paul sent me a price quote. I am newly engaged and don't know the Boston... Read More wedding market, so I wanted to get another quote to make sure that the price quote was fair. I was busy at work, so it took me some time to find another vendor with good reviews and a week later Paul called and asked if I was ready to book. I said not yet, as I needed to do more research and discuss with my family. He proceeded to tell me that the price was increasing by $500 in the next week and that I would need to book ASAP or pay the higher rate. I said that I was not ready to book ASAP, so we'd pass on Boston Event Lighting. At that point, Paul then said that we could possibly have an extended period before prices rose. I DID NOT appreciate being bullied into booking them, so I decided to not book them, even though my vendor was higher than their price quote. I know weddings are expensive, but I would never give Paul money (even if it is lower) for the way he treats his customers. I have also passed along this experience to my friends and family in the area that are newly engaged and planning their weddings.

2016-10-23T18:35:43 Response from the vendor

**Review is under dispute.** This review was posted on other sites and removed since it cannot be verified.

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Diana S

In a nutshell: * If you are not picky about how the job gets done and want a good deal, then you should consider these guys. * If you care about every details, then it may not be a good fit. We hired Paul and Fritz to do the drapes for the ceremony, lighting for the reception,... Read More and music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Here are the pros and cons. Overall + They delivered on most of my requests and were efficient and timely in their set up and breakdown. + The night flowed smoothly, despite having them take on many aspects of the wedding. - Some important details were overlooked. I sent two emails (one giving lighting and drapes instructions to Fritz and one giving music instructions to Paul) two weeks prior to the event with a detailed schedule of every task, so having these details overlooked was frustrating. I learned after the wedding that they prefer all the details to be provided through the DJ Intelligence website form (they provide a link) rather than through email. And that that was the reason why it was my fault that some of the details were overlooked. - They called me at 10pm the night before the wedding (at my rehearsal dinner) to figure out a lighting detail that I had provided in that email. Adding this lighting element would have added time to an already tight timeline, so it was scrapped. I was happy to talk through the details on any other day, but the day/night before was just too late. Ceremony Drapes: + Drapes were set up quickly and on time. + They were much taller than I had ordered, so I ended up getting a very good deal. Tip: Make sure to see the drapes in person before ordering. I had originally wanted to sheer drapes for a dreamy feel. Fritz suggested I use opaque drapes. I agreed without seeing them which was a mistake because the thick drapes made the ceremony space look like a giant photobooth. Ceremony Music: + Paul brought a second sound system for the ceremony space. I didn't know that we would need one, so I'm glad he caught that detail. He played the correct songs for the processionals and recessional. - He did not play our very special selection of songs for the prelude. And did not tell me that he would not be playing them. What he played instead sounded like cheesy elevator music. I am still disappointed with how our ceremony turned out. Reception Lighting: + Lighting schematic was set up as requested. The intelligent lights were a great add and made for an awesome dance party; we had four, one on each corner of the room. - I had asked for specific lighting behavior during the dances that was not addressed. We stopped the first dance twice while Fritz attempted to do what I had asked for. In the end, we had to scrap the idea because it was taking too long, didn’t look right, and the videographers were already set up for the lighting as is. Reception/Cocktail Hour Music: + Paul did a decent job as the emcee. The event went relatively smoothly. - There were a couple technical glitches where the space was completely quiet.

2016-09-14T16:01:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. It was a beautiful and really fun wedding. I would like to respond that I was not able to get details of wedding until several days before wedding. I asked for details for 6 months. I finally was sent a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Rosalba V

Our wedding was at Casa Lucia in Revere. I met with Paul months before, and not only was he thorough, he actually met me at the hall and gave me a demo of what the set up would look like. Paul was extremely helpful the entire process and was very quick when communicating back.... Read More Our wedding look SPECTACULAR...everyone could not stop raving about how beautiful the lights made everything look. It really just brought the whole night together, the soft pink made everyone look gorgeous. My wish came true and I can't be more thankful for all of their hard work.

2015-09-15T10:41:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you and congratulations to both of you for your perfect evening!

AMAZING LIGHTING DESIGN - KICK ASS DJ

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 amanda c

Paul & Fritz are a couple of the coolest wedding professionals you will find. Lots of fun to be around, professional and they know what looks good & works for everything weddings!!!! We chose Boston Event Lighting to set the tone for our tented Cape Cod wedding...we wanted fun... Read More & classy....we got all that & much more! The paper lanterns above the huge dance floor looked gorgeous....and then they surprised us with the amazing light show...they guests loved!!! To top it off Paul is also a DJ....a super awesome DJ...we had an amazing band (my Uncles band) and Paul also set up his DJ equipment and played alternating sets with the band....and they all worked together seemlessly! After the reception ended we all headed down to the beach for campfires and cocktails....it was very foggy so they brought some special lighting down to the beach....it looked AMAZING! Thank you so much Fritz & Paul for making our wedding so amazing!!!! Amanda & Mike

Boston Event Lighting

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Alan A

Boston Event Lighting is an outstanding company. They continue to be on the cutting edge of technology yet maintain a freindly and honest company. Their lighting equipment is state of the art but their expertise on getting the most out of their lighting is second to none. I... Read More feel they are the best lighting company out there, bar none, and will help make your event that much more special. bravo!

Great Video & Lighting

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Boston event lighting were great assets to the production of my bands video. The HD Camera quality was exceptional!! The lighting made the images brilliant. Both Paul and Fritz were a pleasure to work with and I am so happy that I chose them to work on my music demo. Feel... Read More free to see the finish product of their work on my website. Steve Camarda www.brandbyandmusic.com

Best in town - a night to remember

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We are so happy we chose Boston Event Lighting. From day one Fritz made the planning for our special day so easy. He is creative and professional. He transformed our venue into an an amazing ambiance. We got so many compliments from our guests. To top it off Paul was our DJ and... Read More we danced the night away. I highly recommend Fritz and Paul and their company Boston Event Lighting. They are a classy duo.

Beautiful Uplighting

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Paul and Fritz did a wonderful job for the uplighting at our wedding. We had uplights, a light monogram on the dance floor, and 15-20 lanterns around the tent (our wedding was outdoors). I did not know what to expect because we actually did not plan to have lighting at our... Read More wedding; but I have so glad we decided to have uplighting at our wedding! It adds a component of elegance that is lost without uplighting. Working with Paul and Fritz was easy and straightforward. They were responsive by email and also professional. Thanks guys!!

Amazing creativity and eye for spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Paul and Fritz are amazing to work with. They took all the effort and stress out of the event for me. My Daughter's wedding was outdoors at the Lighthouse Inn on Cape Cod. The day of our wedding started out raining and there was another event ahead of ours not giving Paul,... Read More Fritz and team much time to prepare, along with dealing with Mother Nature. Thankfully, the weather cooperated at the last minute and Paul, Fritz and team pulled off an amazing job lighting the beach area is exactly they way I had envisioned. The nice thing about working with this team is you just have to give them an idea and then let them run with it, they are that good and creative. Once the ceremony was over there was little time to set up the reception, but Paul, Fritz and team pulled it off seamlessly and once again amazingly, incorporating all the colors the bride was expecting. We also used Paul for the sound & entertainment and he is an awesome DJ. He kept the night moving and accomodated every wish. We also used Boston Lighting for our Wedding film and from the little I have seen so far, I am expecting to blown away by the final product. Paul, Fritz and everyone on their team were easy to work with and took all the stress of an event like a wedding out of the picture. I would highly recommend Boston Event Lighting for ANY event - Large or Small, as they will treat you like you are their only customer.

Transformed the space!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Fritz and his team are simply amazing. We were dealing with a cavernous space that we wanted to feel cozy and they delivered on a tight budget. The resulting atmosphere was fantastic but I was also so impressed by their responsiveness, communication and attention to detail. I... Read More could not recommend them more highly.

Great guys! Detail oriented.

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

I attended wedding that Boston Event Lighting did in Boston and it was beautiful. They can make any room feel unique and look just the way you want. I have also hired them for an event (not a wedding) and they were amazing. They really care about the event and making it look... Read More perfect. They go above and beyond to understand your needs. The most important thing for a vendor is that they take pride in what they do - these guys do and it shows in their work. The day of my event I needed a few extra uplights and they brought them in without question. Little details like that made them a joy to work with.

Best Lighting Guys in Town!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

I have worked with Fritz & Paul for many years and have always counted on them as extremely professional, detailed & talented lighting professionals. When it came time to host my own wedding, they were the first vendor I called to be a part of my big day. They go above and... Read More beyond my expectations for every event and I look forward to working with them for many years to come. Simply the best!

Perfect lighting for a great event

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Fritz did a great job lighting our event. He was really flexible and quick to come up with creative solutions on the night when things did go to plan.

Private Party

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

I would highly recommend Paul and Boston Event Lighting. Paul was able to do our party on a week's notice. The person he sent was effective, efficient, knowledgeable and most importantly transformed the space into a party. Paul's candor and non-pressure style is a breath of... Read More fresh air. The professionalism of the company was impressive. Lighting done right makes or breaks a party.

Gorgeous Lighting, Super Nice Company

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Alison S

Uplighting was one of those things in my wedding budget that was more of a "maybe" than a "definitely" and I was really anxious that maybe I was spending money unnecessarily when I hired Boston Events Lighting to illuminate my wedding tent and venue. However, I can now say it... Read More worth every single penny - evidenced by the fact that my father, who thought it was a silly expense, pulled me aside at the wedding to tell me the amber lights made everything look magical. Working with Boston Events Lighting was a pleasure from the get go - Paul really took the time to explain about the different types of lights and how they work and he really went above and beyond to work within my budget. He was so friendly and made me feel like I was the only bride he was dealing with (certainly not true but very appreciated). The day of the wedding he arrived in plenty of time to set up the lights (which I really appreciated since our timeline was tight!) and we got to chat for bit - he is really friendly and made sure we liked how the lights were set up and was more than willing to move a few around until we thought they were perfect. I would absolutely, without hesitation, not only hire Boston Events Lighting again, but I look forward to recommending them to friends in the future.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Nicole

My husband and I highly recommend Boston Event Lighting! We recently used their services at our wedding about a month ago and did an amazing job! They are also very genuine and easy to work with!

AWESOME DJ/LIVE MUSIC COMBO

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Natalie T

Paul B. and his crew were the vendors for a few of the most important aspects of a reception and they went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure I was happy and satisfied on the days leading into and on the day of our wedding! First he provided the uplighting, draping and globe lights... Read More to decorate the beautiful rooftop of the Taj Boston Hotel. Using soft purple uplights, they gave the room a beautiful glow that really achieved the intimate feel we were going for. The draping/globe lights over the dance floor were exactly what I imagined and the icing on the "decor" cake was that they made sure to get a handmade chandelier (made out of crystals from my Grandma's chandelier which was her Mom's originally). When I walked in the room my eyes were drawn to the chandelier and it filled my heart with such joy to see it up there. They were a bit unsure in the days before if they could hang it or not but ultimately I think it was realized how much it meant to me and they made it happen! Beyond this Paul was our DJ and we had an added drummer and sax player to emphasize the music. I don't think Paul and Boston Event Lighting advertise this service enough because I found out about it randomly at the last minute when I happened to be late night searching through their website and stumbled upon a video and emailed Paul asking what it was all about. Our guests were BLOWN AWAY! The music was perfection and the added affect of the drums and sax was basically phenomenal! Family and friends are still raving about how great the music was. All my family (even all the men) were dancing with their wives all night long. Honestly it's such a hard decision to choose between spending a fortune (in Boston) for a live band or saving a little bit of money and getting a DJ .. Paul can offer you the best of both worlds for a fabulous price that will give you room in your budget for a few more of the little things you really want. I couldn't have been a happier bride!!

Father of the bride

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

Boston Event Lighting was easy to work with, especially in light of my budget constraints. They went the extra mile to make sure the venue was set-up properly, meeting with me twice, and arriving a day early to install certain equipment. The lighting help set the mood of the... Read More wedding, reception and party. All that I could ask for. Father of the Bride

Oct 2012 Hyatt Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Christine P

Was under tight timing and boston event lighting came through with competitive pricing and timely work. Good job/great value overall.

Made the dance party

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Stephanie G

Boston Event Lighting did such a wonderful job accentuating all of the amazing details of the Harvard Club (Comm Ave), facilitating an amazing dance party while retaining the history and elegance of site. They were very easy to work with and everything came out exactly as we... Read More planned. Their work really did make a difference in our reception and I would recommend them to anyone looking to take their reception up a notch!

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Liz R

Dj Paul Bosch was unbelievable! He is very talented and everyone had a blast! Our guests were raving about him and said this was the best wedding they have been too! He was very professional and great to work with leading up to the event!

Start a Conversation!