Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Piano, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Folk, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

535 Cambridge Street, Serving New England, MA (617) 412-7011

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Caroline L

I had a wonderful experience working with the Boston String Ensemble! Chen was very easy and pleasant to deal with, and the string quartet was flawless for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests were so impressed with their ability to cover modern songs! Highly... Read More recommend.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Mirlina E. H

Chen and the Boston String Ensemble were absolutely great! My husband is a musician and wanted to make sure that we had the best quality of music during our ceremony. The Boston String Ensemble absolutely delivered. All of our guests loved the music played before, during, and... Read More after the ceremony and are still talking about the music and the quality of the sound. Chen replied to all of our emails and was very accommodating! We highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Sonja K

Both my husband and I are professional musicians, so the quality of our wedding music and the ability to choose specific pieces was very important to us. The Boston String Quartet was excellent! They were able to accommodate all our specific requests, they were very... Read More professional, and they played beautifully. In addition to playing as a quartet, we asked the cellist to play a solo with a separate pianist we'd hired. They put this delicate piece together on a brief rehearsal and performed it with great poise beauty, creating a very special moment in our ceremony where we all sat and listened. I highly recommend these musicians!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jennifer B

Cannot recommend them enough. BEAUTIFUL music, amazing set-list to choose from, on-time, responsive, well-priced, professional and really good with kids who wanted to take a look at the instruments before the ceremony :-). LOVED them. So glad we went with them (I had gotten... Read More quotes from 10+ different quartets and Boston String Ensemble had the best reviews and best pricing). Look no further, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

Highly recommended. I used Boston String Ensemble for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Booking process was easy and efficient. Office staff responded to all my emails in a very timely manner. The musicians sounded amazing and were very professional on the day of. I am so glad I... Read More used this group for my wedding.

Fantastic, Professional and Talented!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Julie R

We hired BSQ for our October wedding ceremony. We chose contemporary music from their repertoire and fully customized our ceremony to suit us. Chen was incredibly prompt via email, everything was explained and straight forward and they delivered as promised. The music was... Read More absolutely breathtaking and our guests have given us many compliments on the tone of the ceremony, it really was special. Thank you to the string quartet, I would highly recommend their ensemble to anyone looking for a moving and classy wedding ceremony.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katlin R

Their professionalism was evident from the very beginning. Everyone enjoyed listening to the live music during my ceremony and cocktail hour and I have gotten nothing but compliments for having them as part of my wedding. I highly recommend using BSQ.

AMAZING.

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Dan M

Chen was the best vendor! So accommodating of our special music requests. The music was beautiful! Great value. Just FYI, the ensemble needs to be in shade because of potential sun damage to their instruments, so plan accordingly. We placed them in the gazebo we were married in... Read More front of, and it worked out great!

Great addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Erin S

We were very happy to book Boston String Quartet for our August wedding. Chris was able to answer our questions and was very easy to communicate with before our wedding day. We provided them with a list of our preference of songs, with some special requests which they... Read More accommodated without any issue. On the day of the wedding, the quartet arrived ahead of time, looked formal for the occasion, and sounded beautiful. I forgot to assign someone to cue them when the ceremony finished, but one of the musicians looked out for me and when I gave him a nod they quickly played our recessional. I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of their repertoire – they added more songs in than I expected and did a fantastic job. Thank you for helping to create the atmosphere that we were aiming for!

Fields of Gold

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

The Boston String Quartet's professionalism shone through during the ceremony as the playing of the selected pieces coupled with the timing of the music was perfect. Enjoyable was the mixing of our request for classic selections with contemporary pieces to provision a personal... Read More and very meaningful experience. The repetoire definitely set the tone for what we will always remember as a most special time in our lives. We received numerous complements for the contemporary pieces played during the cocktail hour. One of the wedding attendees stated that "She is now totally hooked on String Quartet musicianship!"

BSQ wedding performance

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Jennifer K

BSQ was a very professional, well-oiled machine when it came to performing at my wedding. They were on time and knew exactly what to do with no direction from me. They were also a truly talented group, whose skills shined through in the sound of their music. My guests enjoyed... Read More listening to them as much as my husband and I did, and I would highly recommend this quartet to any couple on their wedding day.

Never Showed Up!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Diana G

Boston String Quartet was contracted by me a year before my wedding. I tried to be in contact with them about my music choices and making sure they knew what songs to play when. They were very unresponsive, I had to write several emails and even call to get a response. And... Read More last but not least, THEY NEVER SHOWED UP. How would you feel as a bride if you were 5 mins before walking down the aisle and your string quartet was no where in site? No music to walk down the aisle to!! Well 1 out of the 4 showed up. How can one person play the music I chose for a quartet?! He cant. No phone call to say they were going to be late, no emails, no NOTHING. I send the ONE violinist on his merry way and my DJ played the music through his laptop. THANK GOD! I had no other issues with any of my vendors except for Boston String Quartet. And on top of that all I had was an email stating "sorry we did not fulfill our contract, can we have your address to send you your deposit", thats it? Thanks guys you ruined my ceremony!!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Jenny C

We had the quartet play for our ceremony and cocktail hour in August 2011. They did a fantastic job and added an elegant touch to my sunset outdoor ceremony. My only issue was that I was tracked down and asked to pay the balance of their fee as soon as the cocktail hour ended... Read More when I had already paid in full 2 months prior. The check had already cleared so i knew they got paid. They didn't believe me and needed to know who I gave the check to and it was one of the guys that was there who "forgot" that I had already paid. This added some uneeded stress to the day and left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Abbey K

The BSQ played for the first hour at our wedding reception and I couldn't be more pleased. The music was beautiful and all of our guests loved the selections - we chose electric instruments to play all of the top contemporary songs like Thriller by Michael Jackson, Poker Face by... Read More Lady Gaga and it was just amazing. Their price is on the high side but totally worth it.

Beautiful music

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Kathy S

Great players - added a lot of class to our ceremony. Would have liked if they arrived a little bit earlier to practice with soloist.

Great performance

Reviewed on 10/25/2010 Irina S

Very punctual, well prepared. Gave us a repertoire sheet to choose music from, but also accepted and followed our specific requests about which segments to play. We also were able to hire them only three weeks before the wedding. Overall a wonderful choice.

Added the right Classic Elegance for the ceremoney

Reviewed on 9/13/2010 Christine P

BSQ was very professional and did an amazing job- They have an extended song list of classic and contemporary music choices. They played our wedding ceremony and the cocktail hour and was just beautiful!

Review for Boston String Quartet

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Antoinette P

This was not a reception band per se but a string duo that played during the cocktail hour. They were great my guests said!