Bridal and Gift at Shear Style

(36)

Attleboro, MA

Bridal and Gift at Shear Style

Type

Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Shoes, Wedding Gowns

9 Washington St, Attleboro, MA

Couldnt ask for more

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 kerri b

I had an awesome experience at Bridal and Gifts. Very understanding and patience ( from the many dresses I tried on). And to the owners I quote "and the derss looks beautiful too"

Tiny, but good

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Liz F

There are a ton of dresses jammed into this little place. I thought that the quality of the wedding gowns was quite good for the prices.. the other dresses seemed expensive to me. It was the 2nd of 3 places I looked for a dress and I ultimately found "the one" somewhere else, but I'd still say the place is worth a look. I had made an appointment which no one seemed to know when we got there. I liked that we could pick through the racks on our own and pull out what I wanted to try on on. We had a pleasant and not at all pushy young woman helping to get me in and out of all the dresses. It was a much more positive experience than my first dress shopping trip!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 mary s

My daughter and I had a wonderful expereince while shopping for her wedding gown. Whe we first entered the shop, we were not intending to shop for wedding gowns. My daughter was looking for bridesmaid colors. Linda showed us the bridesmaid gowns and offered us suggestions on material choices that would be most suitable for an August wedding. She was extremely professional. She was so willing to help my daughter and make her feel comfortable. After a brief discusssion Linda suggested that my daughter begin with the bridal gown first before making decisions about the attendants. Even though we did not have an appointment that evening, Linda told my daoughter to choose a few gowns to try on. My daughter fell in love with the 4th dress she tried on. At this point it was well after 8PM, the store's closing time. Linda didn't rush us or tell us we needed to leave. We left a little after 9 PM that night feeling uplifted and postive about my daughter's first experience of trying on bridal gowns. We scheduled an appointment for another night to try on more gowns. A week later we returned, to try on more gowns. My daughter wanted to be sure about her choice and flet that she needed to try on more styles. We scheduled with Linda again as our consultant. I can't say enough about this wonderful woman! She was patient, kind, and extremely professional. My daughter did find the gown of her dreams, thanks to Linda! Trying on wedding gowns is something many women dream about form the time they are young. I know the experience certainly met all of my daughter's expectationsand she left there floating on air. I can't thank Linda enough for making her dreams come true.

What a wonderful experience

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Lauren S

Linda at Bridal and Gift was absolutely wonderful!!!! I went into the shop to look at colors for bridesmaids. When they found out I didn't have my own gown yet, Linda graciously suggested I try a few that night! Without an appointment! The store was open until 8 and she stayed until 8:30 for us! I fell in love with a gown, but had only tried on a few. I put a deposit down and was able to go in, with an appointment this time, and if I did NOT still love the gown, Linda was willing to transfer! I tried on 10-15 dresses that night, and of course, still loved that first dress! She pulled so many dresses for me, and allowed us to pull what we thought as well! Linda made me feel instantly comfortable and that I was special. My experience as a bride was unbeatable! Linda would have let me try dress after dress after dress, and would have been so willing and helpful had that been what I decided or wanted to do until I found the one! I would recommend her to anyone looking for gowns. Her selection of bridal gowns is huge! My budget was NOT and there are definitely plenty of gowns there that are for the not so Kleinfeld budget worthy brides! Thank you Linda for making this experience so fabulous!

Say Yes To The Dress

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Jessica S

Overall, I wish I could give Bridal and Gift a 3.5 star rating as in the end, I had a generally positive experience but there were a few minor hiccups along the way. I only went dress shopping one day and Bridal and Gift was the third and last shop I went to. The first shop I visited my SIL had gotten her gown there so I thought I would have good luck, however when I got there the staff was somewhat rude to me and I felt very rushed. The staff at Bridal and Gift was very attentive and very accommodating and never at any point made me feel rushed or pressured to buy. I showed Janet a few photos of dresses I liked and talked to her for a few minutes and she pulled a few to try and said she had "just the thing" that ended up being the dress. It was slightly different than what I had originally been looking for but it was perfect and Janet's guidance was really fantastic. The only negative I had with Bridal and Gift was after I ordered/paid for my dress. I ordered and paid in full in August and was told the dress should be in early January. By the end of January it still wasn't in and when I asked B&G to find out why, I received a return phone call at 9pm on 01/30 saying there was a problem with the manufacturer and my dress had been delayed and they were closing for the Chinese New Year and now I wasn't going to get my dress until the end of March (for my May 5th wedding). This really upset me because I had ordered my dress in plenty of time and when I asked the shop how to fix this problem and not have it be delayed so long, they basically told me there was nothing we could do. In my only bridezilla moment, I called the manufacturer myself and explained to them the situation, and they got in touch with B&G and what do you know, now my dress was going to arrive within 2-3 weeks. Once the dress came in, it was smooth sailing again. Met with Fran a few times for alterations (luckily, outside of cups, a hem and taking in the shoulders no major changes had to be done). Fran was a delight to work with and even added some extra touches/beading I wanted added to my dress. In the end, I loved my dress and was happy I went with Bridal and Gift because I probably wouldn't have tried it on had Janet not suggested it and it fit my personality and style perfectly. The staff was very nice every time I went in there and had it not been for the confusion of when I would get my dress I would have given them more stars.

Couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed on 4/13/2013 Melanie A

Today I said YES TO THE DRESS and I couldn't have had a better experience!! Laura at Bridal & Gift is amazing. She is actually the one who ended up choosing the dress that I couldn't live without--Tracey by Sottero and Midgely. With its embellished lace, sweetheart neckline and to-die-for train, it was everything I was looking for and more! On my first visit to the boutique, I had 8 people in tow (my Mom, FMIL, Godmother, Matron of Honor and 4 Bridesmaids) and we all were welcomed with open arms and made to feel right at home. I would recommend Bridal & Gift to anyone who wants to feel like a princess and leave with exactly the dress they've been dreaming about.

Wedding gown

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Natalie D

They were very professional and knowledgeable. I loved my Maggie Sottero gown. Also, I was very happy with my alterations.

thank you for a beautiful dress!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Jessica H

Joyce was the perfect consultant. She was able to listen to my description of my ideal dress and then deliver perfectly. Moreover, she exuded the perfect combination of flattery (which just makes dress trying on fun) and honesty (which you have to have in your dress consultant). When the dress that I loved had an ugly associated brown silk sash, Joyce hurried off to find the most beautiful and fitting belt that looked like it was made for the dress. I had a great experience at this bridal salon - it gets busy at times and there is definitely a ton of stock so it can seem cramped - but Joyce totally individualized my experience. Thank you!

Go here for your wedding dress!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Liz D

I couldn't have been happier with my wedding dress. I worked with Laura. After describing what I like she said she had a the perfect dress for me. Sure enough, I tried on a few dresses, and kept going back to the first dress Laura had me try on. The price was reasonable and the quality of the dress was amazing! (Maggie Sottoro)Everyone at Bridal and Gift was friendly and helpful. I also got my shoes here

Maggie Sottero!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Bethany G

What an adorable little boutique this is and the most amazing staff! They make you feel like how a bride should feel, not just another number. I want to give a special thanks to Laura and Fran who helped me feel beautiful in my beautiful gown! What an amazing day.. I couldn't be more satisfied with all my vendors. Lets keep small boutiques in business!

Best shop around

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Dawna N

Everyone at bridal and gift was amazing!! Highly recommend them to anyone!!

Will Never Forget My Bad Experience

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Kristin B

I was anxious about trying on dresses because I hate looking through hundreds of similar dresses. Before deciding on this store, I made sure to research the designers I wanted to try on. Because I was in love with many Sottero and Midgely/Maggie Sottero dresses, I made my appointment with Bridal and Gift because they were supposed to have the biggest selection. I called the store ahead of time to confirm that they had the styles I wanted and they confirmed that they indeed had them all in store. When I arrived for my appt, list in hand, the lady working said they only had one of the dresses, out of the 10 they had confirmed to me on the phone. When I told them I had spoken to someone on the phone they said it must have been someone new, who didn't know. They didn't even feel bad about it, and told me to just go look around and find something. When the lady pulled dresses for me, I was put upstairs in what seemed like a large closet. The saleswoman was not helpful, and continued to pull dresses that I would never wear, even after describing what I was looking for. I ended up buying a dress that I liked, but didn't love, because I didn't feel like going through this terrible experience again. I never received a call when the dress came in, and had to follow up on my own. They also would not let me try on my dress when I picked it up, even though I wanted to pick out and buy a matching veil at the time. After the dress was sold, I was not an important customer anymore, as I was told "it was the height of prom and wedding season." I will tell everyone I know to never go to this place. I wish I had gotten my dress somewhere else.

GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH SHEAR BRIDAL AND GIFT

Reviewed on 3/12/2012 Mary c

We have recently bought a couple dresses at Shear Bridal and Gift and have been very happy with them. After going to other dress places and not happy with their shops we have been very satisfied with the service here. Janet was very helpful with finding the perfect dress for each of us. It really helps that she can suggest what dress would look good on each body type. Give the place a try!

Great people, Great service...GREAT experience!!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2012 Julie T

These women are wonderful to work with! They are willing to work with you, it isn't a big chain, you don't get lost in the shuffle, you get a personal experience. The world needs more shops like this. The owner is a true delight, she was willing to work with me when I had an issue and wanted to make sure I was happy! I've shopped around and had found the wedding business to be such a money making business, I was getting very discouraged until I went to this store. I highly reccomend this store, to brides, bridesmaids, Mothers, etc. I don't care who you are, where you are, if you treat people nicely, they will treat you the same way. A store like this is so hard to find and I will continue to rave about it to bring them more business so we don't loose a true treasure like this store. Thank you Janet, and Thank you Linda for all of your help and hardwork!

DON"T GO HERE!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2012 Melissa E

So my Mom had heard great things about this place so we decided to try it out. We ended up buying my dress from here. It was actually the 2nd dress I tried on!! The lady who helped us was so nice. We then went back to get my mother's dress. Again we had great service. However, they ended up calling us back 3 days after to say her dress was discontinued and could not be ordered. The owner gave my Mom 20% off the next dress for the inconvenience. My Mom found another dress she loved and I figured it would be the end of it. My Stepmother then decided to get a dress there. She found a dress she loved but she wanted to talk to my Dad about it before purchasing, so she asked them to measure her and she would call back with her credit card information. I also at that point ordered these really cute blue shoes for the wedding. My Stepmother called back 2 times and they kept saying they would get back to her. They never did. Two weeks went by without a phone call back, and at which time she had gone to another bridal store to purchase her dress. I called to inform them of that and tell them how dissapointed I was. I was then informed that my shoes were discontinued and I would not be able to get them. I was absolutely furious!! Were they just never going to call and tell me this!! I spoke with the owner who stated she would give me 50% off the dyable shoes. I told her I did not want dyable shoes but wanted 50% off of my veil. She agreed. My Mother's dress came in and so we both went to try on our dresses and order a veil. We made the appointment in advance but they clearly overbooked because there were people everywhere, my Mom and I had to share a dressing room, and they were basically trying to shove us out the door. I found the veil I wanted and there was no price on it. The owner said it was $190. I then said, "Minus the 50%off." She had no idea what I was talking about. You would think that if you had a customer who was upset with your store come in, with an appointment, that you would make sure to remember the situation. I calmly asked her to check my record. She never came back. I went upstairs to pay and the price of the veil was now $289. I asked her why the veil was that much and she rudely answered, "I told you I would look it up and that's the price." I was furious but since we were getting 50% off it was worth it getting the price there. I then asked if they could look up online and make sure the veil was dicontinued to which she said she was "too busy" and that she would call me. She had another sales rep call me later that day saying it was in stock, but I have never been treated so rudely in my life by a store, never mind the OWNER!! I suggest no one go and give their business to this place. It's crowded, unorganized, and the owner is rude!!

SO Far SO Great!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Margaret S

While I haven't gotten married yet, and still have to go back for my final fitting (I'll post after my wedding too), I have been thrilled with my experience at this store! The store doesn't look impressive on the outside, but once inside you can tell it is packed to the gills with selection, (it has over a thousand dresses on the inside that will fit every budget- EVERY budget)! Do not be deterred by outward appearances! I was able to try on a ton of dresses in a short amount of time (which is huge when you aren't sure exactly "what will really look good on you" and was really shocked at what worked best to flatter my figure! I ultimately got a dress that I look amazing in, without breaking the bank! (Even less expensive than some of the big run of the mill chain stores!!!) This store carries top dress designers that a lot of the competition does not! I even went to other stores to ask about any dresses by a certain designer, and was told that they were out of my price range... If you want a cat-walk experience like "Say Yes to the Dress" for everyone to "ooh and ahh" over, you won't find it here, due to space - but then again, I didn't even have that experience on Newbury street in Boston. My mom, sister and girlfriend told me they had more fun helping to pick out dresses for me to try, and sometimes helping me put them on and off, than they did sitting on a sales-floor waiting for me to pop out. (we tried that experience too). Francia my seamstress and sales consultant was great, and my first fitting went amazing! I can hardly wait to see my dress after the final alteration! Bottom line, I'll take selection, service and bonding any day over superficial aesthetics that I can't take with me to my wedding and won't be in any of my pictures. I highly recommend this place! .

So helpful!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Shannon T

The folks at B & G did not bat an eyelash when I told them my budget ($800 or less) or when I told them that I wanted something non-traditional and in COLOR. They helped me find the most beautiful dress I have ever worn, and they were timely and accommodating at every step.

Don't do it

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Abby R

Horrible customer service to the point that I don't even know where to begin. I flew home to CT from LA to find my perfect wedding dress right after Christmas. Well my mom had the owner of Bridal and Gift bring in 2 Allure dresses for me to try on. When we arrive for our appointment we find out that they could only get 1 dress in but never bothered to call my mother and let her know. Our consultant Erica was fantastic and she ended up finding me my dream dress. Well once I said yes to this dress Erica was done and I was in the hands of Linda the owner to be measured and order the dress. I had wanted to order my dress with a corset back in place of the zipper , and I had to order it with the hollow to hem method since it was completely beaded with scalloped lace on the bottom. Both of these were extras which was $200 but that was not an issue for me. So we order the dress and get out estimated ship date. It was 12/31/10. I didn't see my dress until June. It was over a month late and when I put it on I just wanted to die. I had such a bad feeling leading up to this day, During the 6 moths of waiting for it to come in, I never received a call back after countless messages from myself and my mother. My dress came in about 3 inches too short and 2 sizes too small. I held back the tears but I was so disgusted with what happened after, Linda the owner never once said sorry, just blamed everyone else but them. I knew there was a sample of this dress which I went and got myself after they had told my mom it was sold. I put on a sample dress and it was to big but at that point it was all we had to work with. I didn't trust them to order a new one and the only other alternative was find a new dress. They had a seamstress who they recommended, and so did another bride so we had her come in to see what she could do. In the end Benvinda our seamstress created my perfect dress out of the sample. Linda never offered a sorry for the inconvenience that was caused but she did work out a discount on the sample dress to make up for the frustration that was caused by Bridal and Gift. Before the dress drama we had also ordered the bridesmaid dresses there. My MOH was local but both my bridesmaids lived out of state so they had to call in there measurements. While the dresses came in the right sizes, I called to make an appointment since we were finally going to get a chance to be there all together to try on the dresses and they could take theirs home. I was told the dresses would be steamed and ready to go over the phone from a consultant( which I started righting down names and times of conversations at this point due to the lack of communication) and when we got there 11 days later the dresses were a wrinkled mess and when I commented to the lady working she very rudely responded with Oh no the just came in there was no way the were going to be ready. REALLY??? I was so over this place and at that point I was done.....I let her have a little piece of my mind. Any bride who wants to enjoy the experience of finding her dress DON"T GO HERE!!! There is not 1 person working there that has a clue, the place is a mess, and there is no organization at all. Had I known just a little of this I never would have went there!!! My Seamstress Benvinda deserves 10 stars for fixing my dress...she was a miracle worker!! The only thing that place has going for them!!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 susan s

My wedding dress was beautiful, but I think they ordered the wrong size. They said I measured to that size, but I should have checked the book they were looking at myself. I would have preferred a larger size and have it taken in. The top was fine, but the bottom was too tight. I had to starve for a few weeks prior and it was still too tight.

awful

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Jill P

just skip this place. i bought my dress and my bridesmaids here after an okay experience ... then when i went to pick up my bridesmaids dresses, i found out that that my dress wasn't coming in next week as they had originally planned ... they had never ordered it!!!! i had already put a deposit down and everything. no phone call, no apology, nothing. dealing with this place to get my deposit back was ridiculous ... they are rude and unprofessional.

Great until they had made the sale

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Kelly P

Purchased designer bridal gown, tiara, veil, and 8 bridesmaid dresses at bridal and gift. I was supposed to get a "free" week's vacation for purchasing both bridal and maids dresses from the store, but for some reason, never got the deal. Then when I went for my first fitting I asked about my veil and they told me that although I had purchased it from them 2 months prior, they never ordered it because they had no idea where it had come from (no tags so they figured they must have picked it up by accident from another vendor at a bridal show, yet somehow they knew to charge me $200 for it 2 months before). Not only did they not call me to tell me any of this, nor apologize about the problem, but they then told me that although they could make it for me, it was not worth their time for the $200 I had paid for it. My bridesmaids and I also felt that they made us order bigger dresses than we needed so that we would end up spending more money in alterations. I wanted to order a size smaller than they ordered me, but they told me that I had to lose 15 lbs to fit into the current size they were ordering me. I did not lose any weight before it came in and the dress fit just fine. By the time the wedding came, I had to pay (another vendor because I was so fed up with Bridal and gift at this point) to have the dress brought in 3 inches on both sides and was so mad that I hadn't been "allowed" to order the size dress that I felt was right in the first place. I highly recommend not using this vendor!

Very Unprofessional

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Heather M

This was the first place I went to look for a wedding dress, and I would never go back. We must have been the first appointment of the day, and no one showed up to open until 10 minutes after my appointment was scheduled, and then they did not have any record of my appointment (they found out later that I did have an appointment, they had just double-booked). The woman I worked with was either new or leaving soon because she didn’t seem to care at all. When I made the appointment I had asked to try on a specific dress while I was there and they seemed to have no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the dress, but they did eventually find it. The saleswoman never recommended anything, she just sent me upstairs to search through the gowns myself and find ones I liked. It was very overwhelming and not helpful at all. At one point, a man seemed to wander into the shop and started hanging around (we came to find out it was the owner’s husband). It was very uncomfortable, especially when one of the saleswoman (who we later found out was the owner) was trying to put cups in the dress I was wearing and she had to kick him out of the room. At the end as we were trying to leave, the owner’s husband then tried to sell me on honeymoon packages they sell through the store. Overall, it was a very uncomfortable experience and I would not recommend this shop to other brides.

Beware.. !!

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Jessica R

My first impression of this shop was a very good one. Found my bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses on the same night. Had tons of gowns to choose from, and had every gown in stock from a specific designer I had been looking for. Unfortunately everything went downhill from there. The original seamstress I met with when purchasing the dress (I had a few details I wanted to change) left, and I met with someone completely different when I showed up for my first fitting, but led to believe I was meeting the woman I first met. When my bridesmaids dresses were ordered, we had discussed many times that I wanted knee length dresses, yet some miscommunication along the way, they were ordered tea length. When I received a voicemail confirming the dress order had been placed, I immediately ( I'm talking 2 minutes or less) called the shop back and spoke with the same person who left the message. I made very clear AGAIN we wanted the dresses knee length (which they were calling cocktail) and did not want them tea or shin length. She assured me that she would call the designer back immediately and rectify the problem, and the dresses would come in the appropriate length. Well surprise, surprise months later when the dresses came in, they were ALL the wrong length. At this point the owner tried to tell us that cocktail length and tea length are considered the same, and that if we wanted them higher then we would have to have them individually altered. After many discussions back and forth, the owner finally agreed to have them sent back to the designer to have them cut the correct length, and guaranteed their return within 2 weeks. Now fast forward 6 weeks, no dresses, and no answers. I was lied to repeatedly by the owner that she had been checking on them, and had various excuses to why she had no answer for me. After finally getting pretty upset with her, I was finally told that they were still sitting at the warehouse, untouched, and she was in talks with the designer as to why they needed to be changed since they placed the order as tea length. I was so beyond frustrated at this point we had them all sent back to us untouched, and each girl went and got it altered at their own cost. My own dress had its own long list of issues with the seamstress making mistakes, and having to fix them repeatedly, but thats another long story. Needless to say, stay far far away from this shop until they learn better communication skills and work out their issues. I give 2 stars because I still loved my dress and the girls dresses once it was all said and done and the sales women were very polite throughout.

The dress to die for...

Reviewed on 9/16/2011 Dorothea C

I can't say enough about my dress, and I am so grateful to Bridal & Gift at Shear for having it and getting me into it! (Maggie Sottero, Rhiana Royale)... To die. I wish the shop were bigger, but I understand that problem has already been fixed... happy for all brides who get to enjoy the great selection and service in a big, bright, new space!

Not a great staff

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Krystale B

In the beginning the staff was great, however during the process there were many miscommunications and I had to argue with the owner over a few things. Such as her not calling me to let me know my bridesmaid dresses were in. They also told me my dress would be in, the end of January. It did not come in until the end of February beginning of March. Also, the owners husband(who is part owner as well) hangs around the dress shop talking to the customers. Which I suppose is ok, but if you are trying on dresses and coming out of the dressing room for help you don't necessarily want to see a man leering around, just my opinion. The seamstress Francia was very helpful and I loved her. She was definitely the best part about buying from this shop.

Send Email