Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

DC/VA/MD Metro Area, VA (703) 380-9961

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Leanne M

I am now the third bride in my group of friends to have Barbara and the Bridal Artistry team do their wedding hair and makeup. What I appreciated was that there wasn’t a minimum number of services or people I had to have to work with Barbara & Mandy. I respect for the time and... Read More commitment to this type of service, many other companies have minimums. I was trying to keep things simple and wasn’t having a big bridal party. It was just going to be me, my (now) mother-in-law, and then hair styling for my (now) sister-in-law and 2 “to be determined if they will sit for it” young flower girls. Barbara was totally fine with this and didn’t add any additional charges for not having a certain number. Additionally, when my (now) husband tells me the night before “hey, my cousin was wondering if she could get her hair done” …they were wonderfully flexible and added her. My hair & makeup trial was included in my hair & makeup package, which was reasonably priced when I researched this against how other companies charged separately for the trial and then the wedding day. Personally, I couldn’t see trying to opt out of a trial so welcomed having all this bundled together. The reason I gave them all 5 stars – not only for their beautiful work & talent, but their commitment. Mandy (hair stylist) had a small injury and I would have totally understood if she had someone else from the team sub for her that day. Nope, she showed up and did an incredible job despite being under the weather. To me, it meant a lot to not have a new person jump in on my wedding day even though everything was documented with pictures and you get the sense that the whole team are true professionals. My group of friends is running out of brides, so I hope my review can inspire others to hire Bridal Artistry!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Lauren K

I first worked with Bridal Artistry as a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding in Nov 2016, and asked for so many of her vendor recommendations as I began planning my own wedding. I had thought Ky did a wonderful job with my hair in my friend’s wedding, and asked for her by name.... Read More Barbara was quick and responsive over emails the whole time , and Ky was available for our day. The day of the trial, we also discovered a bit by chance that Laura (makeup) had worked my friend’s wedding, too! Ky spent a lot of time asking questions during the trial: I had a few photos, and she was able to get me to describe what I liked and didn’t among the different ones. We landed on the perfect look on the first try, and didn’t need a single change. Laura was spot on with what I wanted from makeup: nothing over the top, but clearly better than my every day! The day of went wonderfully for myself, and five bridesmaids (plus a blowout for my mother in law). Everyone looked stunning and the styles held through the very last dance.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Arion R

I spent A LOT of time researching bridal hair/makeup before I chose Bridal Artistry and they are by far the best out there. I'll start by saying that I have A LOT of hair and I'm always apprehensive when it comes to having it styled by someone because I know how overwhelming... Read More it can be. When it came time for my hair and makeup trial Norma was able to tame my mane like the pro she is. She had no problem getting my hair to do exactly what I wanted it to do! Sondra was my makeup artist and she was able to create the exact look I was going for and took the time to mix a few different shades of foundation to get my exact shade of incredibly pale! On the day of the wedding Norma and Sondra both arrived to my house 10 minutes early and got to work immediately. I have hair and make-up done for my brides maids and the mothers of the bride and groom and everything was perfect. I even changed up my hair and make-up slightly from my trials and both artist perfectly captured my vision of what I wanted. Everyone looked gorgeous the entire day and both hair and make-up held up in the July heat!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Rebecca K

Barbara and Norma did a great job on me and my family members. I normally do not wear a lot of makeup and did not really know what would look good, but Barbara created a look that was very natural but still looked right for the event. Norma also did a great job on my hair. I... Read More have very thick wavy hair that she made into a great braided look. My mom also got her hair and makeup done and it looked amazing. My mom sent some pictures of what she wanted for her hair and Norma came up with something that was just what she was looking for. I recommend Barbara and her team very highly. After going to the hair/makeup trial, I was very assured that it would look great on the big day and it did.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie B

I had a great experience working with Norma from Bridal Artistry for my hair and makeup. The trial and day of both went smoothly and Norma was a pleasure to work with. Everything was easy to book and pricing and terms were clear from the start. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jenna G

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Barbara and her team (Sondra-makeup & Norma- hair). From the beginning, they were always responsive to my emails and really put me at ease. On the day of my wedding, Sondra showed up early and the rest of the day was a breeze and... Read More stress-free from there. Hair and makeup was done for over 10 women with different complexions, styles, etc and they worked with each of them to ensure they liked their final product. For my hair and makeup, Norma and Barbara knocked it out of the park! Highly recommend this team!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Debbie R

Disastrous. Makeup was not what was done at the trial and I had to wash my face and do it myself 15 minutes before my bridal photos and video. I had to ask video and photo to wait while I reapplied my makeup, chewing up very precious time and money. One of my bridesmaid's ended... Read More up washing her face and doing her makeup herself as well. I paid in advance by 8 months and gave both stylists their final payment, plus advanced tip 30 minutes before my makeup was finished. We were asked to pay immediately after hair was completed because the stylist who had done our hair had to leave early for another appointment. I should have waited until my makeup was finished before I tipped, but we were being pressured to pay quickly so that the other stylist could leave. When my makeup was finished, it was obvious that I was extremely unhappy. The makeup artist never asked to fix it and instead started packing up her things and left without saying a word to anybody, while I sobbed and was consoled by my family, while everyone in my suite (including my photographer) frantically tried to help fix this disaster 45 minutes before we had tp leave for the cathedral. I am just relived that the hotel hosting my event was able to come through and find me a celebrity makeup artist to meet me in my suite before the reception. This of course took away from the time that was supposed to be used for the remainder of our photos, all thanks to this business. I am hoping that the several grand spent for video and photos will not be ruined because of the lack of skill of one individual at this business. Both stylists were late by an hour and 30 minutes to my trial 3 months ago and I should have known the direction that this would take during the biggest event of my life. The owner was very dismissive over the near no-shows for the trial and just as well for the disaster that had been my final bridal makeup. Thank goodness that the hotel saved the day.

Gorgeous hair and make-up

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Elizabeth S

I highly recommend Bridal Artistry. We used them for on-site hair and make-up services for myself (bride), the bridal party, and our mothers. Jacinda (hair stylist) did such a lovely job and helped find a special look for each of the girls. She also had everybody ready with... Read More time to spare. Audrey (make-up artist), was fabulous as well. Her work was impeccable and we all looked just as good at the end of the night as when she left us that morning. Very happy we went with Bridal Artistry. They listened to everything we asked for and made excellent recommendations, captured the whole vibe of the wedding and really brought out the best look in each of us.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 valerie k

I have no hesitation in recommending Bridal Artistry. Not only are they a team of super talented, professional and organized beauty artists, they are super fun to be around, which is exactly what you need on such an important day. The ease of plugging into this network for... Read More both my hair & makeup needs for myself and the bridal party made things so simple. Jacinda and Norma came onsite to the venue which made for a very simple and stress-free getting ready environment. I am so pleased with both my wedding look in-person as well as my wedding photos. Loved my beauty pit-crew!!

Why you NEED to book Barbara and Shaunda to do your hair and makeup

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Joriana B

Barbara did my makeup on my wedding day and it was absolutely fantastic. I'm a wedding photographer, so I've seen tons of different makeup artists but Barbara was the one I decided to go with for my big day. Her knowledge of makeup and her professionalism stood out amongst all... Read More the others. I can't thank Barbara enough not only for doing such an amazing job, but for allowing me to look back on all my wedding images with such fondness -- not an eyelash was out of place and I have her to thank for that! Next, I have to thank and recommend Shaunda Jenkins, who did my hair on my wedding day. Having had my hair professionally styled by her, I wish I could afford her to do my hair every day. My hair is super fine and flat. But on my wedding day, it had tons of volume that looked so amazing and lasted all day. I can't say enough good things about Shaunda. If you're looking for an amazing team of beauty artists, you need look no further!

Wedding Make up and Hair

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Stephanie R

Barbara and Norma made myself and my bridesmaids look absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend them and will use them again for future, formal events.

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Anna K

I hired Bridal Artistry for my hair and make up and I was so happy with the final product! Jo and Jacinda were SO friendly and came to the hotel to help me and my bridesmaids get ready. Admittedly, I was kind of nervous after my trial, I think mostly because I normally have my... Read More hair in a ponytail and I don’t really wear makeup, I just didn’t feel like myself. On the day of my wedding, I admitted this to them, and Jo and Jacinda listened to my every request, and were very reassuring. They were accommodating and toned down my look, and even had the photographer take pictures throughout the whole process so I could look at myself and see how it would translate to pictures. I am so grateful for their patience with me! I looked like myself…but better! I felt so confident the whole day and my make up and hair stayed in place! My bridesmaid’s hair looked great and I know they enjoyed being pampered, too. Their prices are very reasonable considering they travel and come to you! I highly recommend Jo and Jacinda!

Fabulous hair and makeup!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Melissa M

Bridal Artistry was fabulous! The trial process was fun and easy and I left knowing that I would be in excellent hands on my big day. Audrey was my makeup artist and Shaunda my hair stylist. They were prompt, professional, and everyone looked absolutely amazing when they were... Read More finished working their magic! I couldn't have been happier with the results! It was a lovely experience working with them and I highly recommend them both!

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Ashley b

The company was very quick is responding to me and very flexible, especially considering I waited until 3 weeks away from my wedding to find a hair/make up stylist! We were paired with Norma and she did a fantastic job. During the trial run at her house, she listened to... Read More all my ideas and was able to fit all of them in. She is lovely and such a sweet person. The day of, my hair was exactly how I wanted it and stunning. It stayed in place all day which was a big deal, because my hair tends to go straight after an hour of being curled. The make up was also great; I looked flawless and radiant. I woke up with big bags under my eyes that she helped make disappear. I received so many compliments from my guests! Norma was also so flexible in being able to fit one of my bridesmaids in last minute. The overall cost was a bit pricey. I think the company could be a little more competitive if the prices were lower. I'm happy though! Everything turned out perfectly and the company, and it's artists, are definitely reliable.

great hair stylist

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Myisha C

i chose my hair stylist Roshaundra through this company and she did a beautiful job on my hair, my moms hair and my four year old daughter. she was on time, professional, friendly, and she was there when i needed her even before the wedding. the trial session really helped me... Read More focus my vision for my hair.

The best choice I made.

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Sara L

First let me start by telling you a little bit about my needs: I was arranging a intimate wedding in DC from London,UK. This posed a few complications. First I was only going to be in DC for a week before my wedding and 4 months before my wedding. Needless to say having a trial... Read More 4 months before when my dress wasn't even in yet would have been pointless. After explaining all this to Barbara, she made it possible for me to have my trial and then have her for the wedding a week later. Next issue, we don't have a car in the city, and the trial is at her studio in Virginia, Barbara was so generous and kind to pick myself, my mother and my maid of honour up for us all to share the trial experience from the Metro stop. I had Barbara for make up and Ky for hair. Next to the details of the trial, we discussed colours of dresses and flowers, and then decided on a soft eye and dramatic red lip. Barbara's skill is amazing. Then Ky looked at the pictures of the hair styles I liked and came up with a perfect style. Both Barbara and Ky listened to what I wanted and the ideas that I had and taking all that in to consideration made sure that I had the perfect look. You know that feeling you get when you try on THE DRESS and know, well I had that after looking in the mirror at my wedding look. It's like they took the idea in my head and made it a reality! Bridal Artistry are a team second to none, and while I was lucky to have Barbara herself, I can tell that no one on her team wouldn't be there if they weren't up to her high standards. When there was a little hiccup with my powder and lipstick accidentally going back with Barbara in her case, she turn right around and again and dropped it off, not actually that I ended up needing it until 6 or so in the evening, (I had a morning ceremony and lunch reception) my face was flawless in all the picture and has garnered many compliments, the main one from my husband who was literally slack jawed for at least 90 seconds when he first saw me. Thank you Barbara and Ky for adding to my special day and making it even more amazing.

Sonia & Shaune = Fabulous.

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Jenna L

The first thing that attracted me to Bridal Artistry was their ability to do onsite hair and makeup. Sonia Kasbarian was our hair stylist and Shaune Hayes was our makeup artist, and they came onsite to Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg for us. Sonia did an amazing job on each of my... Read More 6 bridesmaids as well as myself. She requested a picture of what each girl wanted, and then did their hair with her own spin on the picture they showed. Each girl's hair turned out even better than the picture, and everyone was extremely happy with their hair! I can't say enough good things about Shaune - every single one of us looked amazing, thanks to her. We all gave her a vague idea of what we wanted and then she worked her magic. She was very sweet and personable, and every girl looked stunning. She made sure each girl was comfortable with her makeup, which was not an easy task for us - we girls who are used to wearing a lot of makeup every day, and one who had never worn any before. Both Sonia and Shaune arrived on time and finished on time, and we never felt like we were rushed through anything. I would absolutely recommend Bridal Artistry to anyone looking for onsite hair and makeup, especially Shaune and Sonia!

Such lovely people to work with!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Sarah F

Barbara & Ky from Bridal Artistry were fabulous! Both were super friendly and professional in the lead up to the wedding and the big day itself. Both my mom and sister were thrilled with their make-up and Barbara did an excellent job! I hardly needed to touch my own make-up... Read More all day; it seemed to stay perfectly in place and the added extra of a lip gloss as part of the package was perfect! Since the wedding sooo many people commented on my hair! I had two hair trials with Ky prior to the big day and both times she was creative and 100% accommodating when I made suggestions. My mom has practically shown everyone in my home town back in England the pictures from the wedding day and I can't tell you how many have commented on my hair Ky!!! Thank you so much!!!

Absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Ali C

Wonderful experience! We worked with Barbara Hill (the owner- makeup) and Ky (hair) and they were incredible! I was scheduled for a practice a couple of months out and they did an amazing job and I was really looking forward to seeing how it all came together on the wedding day!... Read More We had a mix of the 5 bridesmaids, a cousin, myself, and my mother getting different things done. Everyone who had their hair done had ideas of what they wanted, Ky was able to do exactly that and everyone was thrilled that none of us had issues with hair falling out of place/etc the Entire night! Barbara did makeup for myself, mother, and a couple of the bridesmaids- and I have to say that I Have Never had such a fabulous makeup job! Everyone who didn't get theirs done mentioned later in the night if they had known how well it was going to turn out, that they would've done it too. They were extremely professional, easy to work with, on time, and did an amazing job. I would Highly recommend them to anyone for a special event!

Best Value and Design

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Rachel V

After looking at a few places and talking with some salons I thought having someone come to my hotel to do my hair and makeup was out of the question but they were amazing. Barbara did an amazing job on my makeup and I loved that she gave me a compact and lipstick that were the... Read More same shades that she used. It made the whole day so much less stressful having them come to me. Norma did an amazing job with my hair and was very patient while we tried my hairpiece in a couple of different spots. All in all, AMAZING!!

Pretty-but-natural with great eyes

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Susan G

My wedding party looked so elegant! Audrey did a wonderful job! I was worried she'd have trouble with my fair completion or overdoing the pretty-but-natural look I so much wanted, but she finessed it all, including great eye makeup. I also appreciated all the time she took... Read More during the practice session to make sure I was satisfied with everything. My bridesmaids and my mom were so happy with the result. I also appreciated that she came to our venue the day of, and we got compacts & lip glosses to do our own touch ups as the night wore on. Definitely a recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kelly R

Brie from the bridal artistry team did my hair and makeup. She is fantastic! My bridal party and mother were thrilled with their hair and makeup as well.

Very picky (and happy!) bride

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Catherine S

I am extremely picky about my hair and makeup. I actually have done the makeup for the girls at a few of my friends weddings, so I am very specific about what I like and am very good at doing makeup myself. I was very nervous about having someone else do my makeup because I am... Read More normally not happy with it when it is professional done and end up fixing it myself. Well, this was NOT the case with Pia from Bridal Artistry. At my trial, the makeup looked great, but was not 100% what I wanted. I followed up several times with her about what I wanted to have corrected for the wedding day and she MORE than delivered. I had SO many compliments and felt my absolute prettiest. Mandy did the hair for myself and my bridesmaids and we were all so happy with how it turned out. She works quickly and is very good at taking direction. She doesn't give your hair that overly-hairsprayed look, yet it stayed all night long (despite the rain and all). My bridesmaids all had up-do's, but I had my hair down with extensions and loose waves. It really did look amazing. You will definitely be happy if you go with Bridal Artistry!

Two Thumbs Up

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Cara R

Bridal Artistry is easy to work with and they have amazing makeup and hair stylists in their ranks. I was matched with Sonia and Dawn. Both were easy to work with, professional and excellent at what they do. I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day and was so pleased with... Read More how it all turned out. Sonia did a great job on my bridal party's hair as well and was particularly sweet while doing my 90 year old grandmother's hair. Dawn did an awesome job in doing my makeup. She is a master at making your eyes look amazing- she made my baby blues pop and people take notice of my always been there long lashes. She was professional and easy to work with and I'm so glad she was able to do my makeup. I highly recommend both Sonia and Dawn should you be looking for someone to do your styling on your wedding day.

loved Barbara and Ky

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Janice M

Great Experience with these ladies! They were easy going and really got my look during our trial which completely put me at ease for the big day. Ky had me bring pics of styles I liked, then combined pieces of each to really create a look of my own. Barbara also understood... Read More my style- simple, more natural... They showed up on our wedding day and were very efficient and friendly. I'd definitely recommend them. Also, going with a team of hair and make up really makes sense as at your trial, you can put the whole look together. Plus, they don't have minimum number of people who need to receive services in order to do your wedding. It's fabulous!