Bridal Boutique with Sample Sizes 12-32!

“We are offering bridal fashion for every woman! A woman’s bridal experience should not be limited by her wedding gown size… Every bride should feel beautiful for her wedding. There's no settling when it comes to looking perfect on that special day!” – Young, founder & designer

Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available

5252 E. 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 550-1558

Cancel other appointments

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Becky R

For those of us who are voluptuous, the task of wedding dress shopping can be daunting. Will the samples be large enough to fit me? Is the dress I fell in love with online made in my size? Can I even feel beautiful in a dress that is basically made for a woman who is six feet... Read More tall and a size 2? At Brides by Young, all those fears melt away the minute you walk in the door. Young, Lauren and Courtney work tirelessly to make you feel comfortable, special and gorgeous. They go out of their way to make sure you have the best experience you can. The shop is clean, bright and spacious, and the selection of dresses is unique and plentiful. After I went to BBY, I cancelled all my other bridal gown appointments! I knew it would be the place I purchased my dress – and I did. I got a great deal and believe that Young will be helpful all the way through the alterations process. Young has really filled a need is this market! If you are size 14 or over, this should be the one and only dress appointment on your books.

A breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Nellie E

I had two bad experiences the day I went to Brides by Young. The last one had me crying in the dressing room -- but the moment I walked into Brides by Young (thankfully they had a last minute cancellation), I felt at ease, cared about, listened to, and encouraged. Lauren and... Read More Courtney made me feel beautiful in every gown, but listened to what I really wanted and worked to find the perfect dress for me. It was such a relief to have so many samples in sizes that actually fit instead of holding them up and trying to imagine if they would work or not. They picked up on my personality very quickly and found something that suited me perfectly. I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my perfect gown :)

Skip the other stores

Reviewed on 2/13/2015

Had a terrible experience earlier in the day at another shop and decided to try my luck at Brides by Young. They were booked up for the day but Lauren could see by my face I was so disappointed. She asked about my earlier experience and told us to come back in an hour, when they... Read More were supposed to be closing, and she would stay with me. "We will find you your dress today!" she told me. I came back in an hour still feeling discouraged from earlier in the day and Lauren completely turned my whole day around. She made me laugh again and feel beautiful. She stayed two hours after she was supposed to go home, on Saturday night even, to make sure I felt like a beautiful bride. I would absolutely recommend Brides by Young to my friends, in fact I just send the information to a fellow bride friend! Thank you Lauren for making my dress shopping experience one filled with tears of Joy instead of Frustration. :)

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Mailey A

I couldn’t not have asked for a better experience. The ladies were wonderful and I found the perfect dress! Thanks to Brides by young getting my dress has so far been the best experience so far in my wedding planning journey!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Stacie P

This place is fabulous! If you want to feel like all focus is on finding you the perfect dress this is the place to go to. I worked with Lauren who not only has a great personality but is wonderful at her job. I was really impressed that she remembered my story and our... Read More experience together (which was pretty quick because I walked out with the first dress she picked), she displayed a genuine interest and excitement when it came to sharing photos of my bouquet. And I swear, she was almost more excited than me when it came to picking up and trying on my dress. If you're a bigger girl who wants to feel special, remembered and encouraged while finding your dress come here, if you're looking for run of the mill & ignored go to David's Bridal.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Felicia D

I'm not sure where to start! I went into my appointment with ZERO, absolutely no intention on buying a dress. I had no idea what I wanted so I figured this would be the time to pour myself into all these dresses, figure out a shape I like and go from there in follow up... Read More appointments. That was not what happened. First I chose Brides by Young so that I had sample sizes that would fit. I wear anything from an 18-24 depending on the dress. I didn't want my first dress appointment to completely discourage me. I met with Lauren, who is my spirit animal bridal consultant. I gave her full control and she did not steer me wrong. She was so positive, patient and helpful. She truly loves her job and the brides she gets to work with. I could not imagine working with anyone else. She made me feel so good about myself!!! I tried on about 5 dresses maybe but we all knew which one was THE ONE. Lauren did everything a bride could ask for. I HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Meghan M

I cannot say enough good things about my experience and the staff at Brides by Young! Kate helped me not one, but two days, and wouldn't stop until we found my dress! She truly cared about what I was looking for and wanted to make sure I found something I loved. We ended up... Read More customizing one of the gowns! While I would be nervous to do this anywhere else, I have no doubt my dress will be the one of my dreams!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jen S

The day that I purchased my wedding dress was so magical. Brides By Young made the experience unforgettable. The staff and service were simply amazing. Would 100% recommend.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jennifer H

This should have been my first and only stop! I cannot even begin to describe the fabulous experience I had at Brides by Young. I was dreading the dress shopping experience before I stepped into their salon but they changed my entire outlook. I remember calling to schedule my... Read More appointment and explaining how much I was dreading this process and nervous about not being able to find something. The woman on the other end of the line reassured me that I would be well taken care of, and I should have known then that I was going to the right place. I met with Kate and before we even started the trying-on process she took the time to get to know who I was and what I was looking for. I felt as if my opinions mattered and like she was really listening to me. Everything she pulled for me to try, I loved. I finally felt beautiful and stunning. I have recommended Brides by Young to all of my friends and have raved about them to my vendors so they can recommend the salon to other brides. I really cannot express how thankful I am with Brides by Young, Kate, and the whole experience. My mother, future mother-in-law, and sister also enjoyed the experience and are now firm believers in the magic of Brides by Young!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Dacia S

We drove up from Bloomington to find my dress. Brides by Young happened to be the first stop out of 4 places. Brides by Young was AMAZING! Once we all got in, and went to the restroom (remember that Bloomington drive plus drinks on the way), Lauren introduced herself. She was... Read More enthusiastic and friendly, I felt like I've known her forever. She asked me about what type of dress I am looking for, my venue, etc. I showed her pictures of the Tivoli Theater where we are getting married,, showed her my pinterst account, and said that I like fitted gowns, but they don't look great on me. I love sparkle, and some lace. She pulled some gowns, let me pick out a few, and put me in the first dress! During fittings, I loved talking with her. She was supportive, made sure my wants were heard, and talked about interests that she noticed on my pinterest board. She said it was her first thought when I told her all about my wedding! It ended up being the one that I fell in love with! At the end of the appointment, I still loved it, but was afraid after driving so far, that there could be one more dress that I would get that feeling for. Lauren was very understanding that I wanted to continue looking, and I told her that I believed I would be back that evening for the dress. I ended up coming back for the dress!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kaitlyn W

This was the first and last place I went dress shopping. Kate, my consultant, was amazing and so great to work with. I can't say enough good things about how great my experience was. After seeing my friends go to the larger shops, I'm so glad I went here. I'd recommend Brides by... Read More Young to anyone, hands down!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Bill J

As a larger-than-sample-size bride, Brides by Young was a welcome experience for me. I felt like I was finally able to have the "normal" dress shopping experience because all of the sample dresses were larger than my size (pant size 16-18 in regular stores). I ended up finding... Read More my dream dress here too, and it was the first store that had the style of dress I'd envisioned for my wedding (I'd been to three other stores, and tried on close to 50 dresses, prior). They have a versatile selection of dresses, and it was a wonderful, intimate shopping experience. I look forward to returning next month and trying my dress on again prior to placing the official order. If you're a larger than the average bridal sample size gal searching for your dream wedding gown, do yourself a favor and make an appointment at Brides by Young.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017

I had an amazing experience at Brides by Young. The ladies here were so sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable. They understood exactly what I was looking for and I only had to try on two dresses to find my perfect gown! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Rachel H

I had the best experience finding my dream gown at Brides by Young. Lauren took the time and allowed me to go back and forth between my top two a couple times before making the difficult decision. I felt like their gowns were better quality for still an affordable price compared... Read More to other retailers.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Anastasia W

Lauren and the ladies at Brides by Young were incredibly helpful. They certainly made me feel special during my dress shopping appointment. Lauren was a wonderful listener as I told her what style I was looking for and what the vibe of my wedding is. Even though I gave her... Read More somewhat vague hints at what I wanted to begin with, she seemed to have an intuition about what I would love and what would look good on my body shape. She was clearly knowledgable and experienced as a wedding dress consultant. I honestly kind of loved every dress she had me try on, so it was no surprise that one of the dresses she picked for me to try ended up being the one. Also, the dresses were all of great quality...so much beautiful lace/material and attention to detail in these dresses! The ladies were super accommodating in helping me envision each dress on the special day (i.e. different options on each dress, jewelry to try on, bouquet to hold, veil to try on, etc.) Lauren even did a quick simple braid of my hair to match how I plan to do my hair on the wedding day so I could really imagine how all the looks would come together with my dress. The ladies all made me feel very comfortable with the whole experience and are a fun, bright group to share your dress shopping experience with! They were also all very sweet to my mother who joined me to help pick out my dress. They made sure to include her in the conversations and she was able to have fun too!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Lindsay D

I never expected to have such a positive experience in my search for a plus sized wedding dress. I originally had appointments in Cincinnati at the Reading district and after one appointment at Brides by Young I had found the perfect dress and cancelled all my other... Read More appointments. I had a very specific style of dress in mind (sleeves) and they had tons of options that were flattering on my body. I wear a size 18 pants and I felt so comfortable in this store. I ended up getting a size 22 dress (which is something I was concerned about in planning my search at non-plus sized stores). Being served by other plus sizes girls made the experience much more comfortable than I had anticipated. Lauren was so friendly and understood exactly what I was interested in trying on. She pulled 5 dresses for me from my description of what I wanted, and they were all great. I ended up paying $1500 for my dress, but the price was increased due to adding length to the front (it was a hi-lo dress & I wanted full length) and a pearl belt. Worth every penny and I can't say enough about this store and Lauren! I had such anxiety going in to this, and it was such a relief having such an easy time finding my dream dress!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Tobie R

I purchased my wedding gown at Brides by Young in November 2015 for my wedding October 22, 2016. I was so happy when I stumbled upon this place through a Facebook friend who was tagged in a post. I had been very anxious about dress shopping for my plus size frame and feared that... Read More I would not be able to try anything on in the stores. However, I could have not asked for a better experience at BBY. Not only was I able to try on any dress that I wanted, but some of them were actually too big and had to be clipped. The staff was very helpful in finding a dress that work well with my body shape. I tried on 5 or 6 gowns, but ended up circling back to #1 with modifications. My gown arrived at the store right at 4 months before my wedding so I had plenty of time to get it altered. Thank you so much for all your help in finding me the most beautiful and perfect dress for my big day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alissa M

I had the most incredible day helping my daughter pick out her wedding dress with the help of Kate the young lady that helped us with my daughter's search. Everyone was so helpful and made this such a memorable moment for both of us!

2016-10-23T15:32:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It truly means so much to us to be a part of this experience with you and your daughter. We can't wait to see you both again and as you know, we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Rebekah F

Very nice cute space/boutique. Felt like a million bucks when trying on dresses however, my personal opinion is that the dresses are cheaply made for a very high price. My mother had to fix many things on my dress that were just poorly made. I loved my dress but if I had to do... Read More it over again I would have walked out and kept shopping around.

2016-10-23T15:38:46 Response from the vendor

We're so happy that you chose Brides by Young to be a part of your wedding! Thank you for taking the time to write a review... We are all so surprised to read your comments regarding the quality of our gowns. Every designer and collection... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Sam H

Wow!! So impressed with this place! I had an amazing experience and found my dress in one try. Kate helped me very much i was in and out really quickly with the dress of my dreams!

2016-10-23T15:39:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for writing us a review!! We're so happy that you found the perfect wedding dress with us and it really means a lot that we get to be a part of your wedding day. Please let us know if there's anything... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 MELANIE W

Absolutely love these girls. I had a very positive experience with Lauren, she made me feel great about my body and was honest about what did or didn't work. I truly appreciate all of the hard work in making my dress perfect!

2016-10-23T15:40:25 Response from the vendor

We absolutely love you too! At Brides by Young, we truly love what we do and believe that every woman should have a positive and wonderful experience finding their wedding dress. Thank you for writing your review!! Best, Anne-Marie and the Marie Gabriel team

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Whitney G

I loved my wedding dress! I've gotten so many compliments about how beautiful it was. Also the service I received from everyone at Brides by Young was beyond exceptional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

2016-10-23T15:41:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving your recommendation! We're SO happy that you love your wedding dress! We truly want every bride to have a wonderful experience and exceptional service... It means so much to hear that we've met that with you! Thank you again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kate G

The ladies here were wonderful. I had gone to other places and the plus size selection on dresses where not very good and so I was losing hope that I would find my dress and then I came here and found a dress more perfect then I can imagine. Ty so much!!!!!!

2016-10-23T15:43:13 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU!! Our selection at Brides by Young is our pride and joy and we're so happy that you found the perfect gown for your special day! We really love what we do and love helping brides like yourself look and feel beaaauuutiful! Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Ashley E

I had an amazing experience at Brides by Young! I am a size 14, but I thought I would try out Brides by Young just to see what they have to offer. Ladies - even if you're on the smaller end of the sizes, you will love Brides by Young because their dresses are made for women with... Read More curves! Kate helped me out and made me feel beautiful. She suggested a few dresses for me and suggested the dress that I ultimately chose, which was not a dress I would have picked for myself. The gowns all feel high quality and you will not find a better dress in this price point. Thank you Brides by Young!

2016-10-23T15:45:32 Response from the vendor

Like our little store display says... "Love the Curves!" Thank you SO much for writing this review regarding your experience with us. Our store truly has an amazing selection and range of sizes that allow all women to get the proper wedding dress shopping experience!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Danielle E

This experience exceeded my expectations. I loved that it was just my family and the Young team there. Very fashion forward and I found a dress that hit each of my requirements and I look AWESOME in. I've already started recommending them to my friends. LOVE this place!

2016-10-23T15:46:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much for your referrals!! It's because of wonderful brides like you that we enjoy every day and that we can grow our business. We love our huge selection of gowns and are so happy that you found the perfect wedding dress... Read Less Read More