Bridal Boutique with Sample Sizes 12-32!

“We are offering bridal fashion for every woman! A woman’s bridal experience should not be limited by her wedding gown size… Every bride should feel beautiful for her wedding. There's no settling when it comes to looking perfect on that special day!” – Young, founder & designer

Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

5252 E. 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 550-1558

Cancel other appointments

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Becky R

For those of us who are voluptuous, the task of wedding dress shopping can be daunting. Will the samples be large enough to fit me? Is the dress I fell in love with online made in my size? Can I even feel beautiful in a dress that is basically made for a woman who is six feet... Read More tall and a size 2? At Brides by Young, all those fears melt away the minute you walk in the door. Young, Lauren and Courtney work tirelessly to make you feel comfortable, special and gorgeous. They go out of their way to make sure you have the best experience you can. The shop is clean, bright and spacious, and the selection of dresses is unique and plentiful. After I went to BBY, I cancelled all my other bridal gown appointments! I knew it would be the place I purchased my dress – and I did. I got a great deal and believe that Young will be helpful all the way through the alterations process. Young has really filled a need is this market! If you are size 14 or over, this should be the one and only dress appointment on your books.

A breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Nellie E

I had two bad experiences the day I went to Brides by Young. The last one had me crying in the dressing room -- but the moment I walked into Brides by Young (thankfully they had a last minute cancellation), I felt at ease, cared about, listened to, and encouraged. Lauren and... Read More Courtney made me feel beautiful in every gown, but listened to what I really wanted and worked to find the perfect dress for me. It was such a relief to have so many samples in sizes that actually fit instead of holding them up and trying to imagine if they would work or not. They picked up on my personality very quickly and found something that suited me perfectly. I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my perfect gown :)

Skip the other stores

Reviewed on 2/13/2015

Had a terrible experience earlier in the day at another shop and decided to try my luck at Brides by Young. They were booked up for the day but Lauren could see by my face I was so disappointed. She asked about my earlier experience and told us to come back in an hour, when they... Read More were supposed to be closing, and she would stay with me. "We will find you your dress today!" she told me. I came back in an hour still feeling discouraged from earlier in the day and Lauren completely turned my whole day around. She made me laugh again and feel beautiful. She stayed two hours after she was supposed to go home, on Saturday night even, to make sure I felt like a beautiful bride. I would absolutely recommend Brides by Young to my friends, in fact I just send the information to a fellow bride friend! Thank you Lauren for making my dress shopping experience one filled with tears of Joy instead of Frustration. :)

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 alesia w

I had the worst experience at another bridal store made to feel bad about my curves. I walked into Youngs and they worked me into their busy day. I felt like a princess through the whole experience. The girl took her time to make sure I found MY dress! I should have just gone... Read More here from the beginning 100% recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Megan S

I loved my experience at Brides by Young! I had been to a few other stores before here but I wish I would have saved the time because there is no place better and the girls were amazing. I went in there not knowing what I wanted and Lauren gave me such a variety and made it so... Read More much fun!! If I could get married every year, I would go here every time!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Becca R

I was terrified to go dress shopping. Being a heavy woman trying to feel beautiful in a bridal gown left me without very high hopes. My mom and I drove the almost 2hrs up to BBY, and it was SO WORTH IT! The shop is huge, beautiful, clean with a huge selection of dresses. Lauren... Read More was attentive, got to know what my wedding was about, my style, what I wanted and took all of that and picked me out a bunch of gowns! They were all beautiful and I did end up buying from BBY! The trying on and discussing details with Lauren was such a pleasure! She's kind and hilarious and a perfect wedding consultant. She really seemed to be able to tune in to what I wanted and what would look good on me. She made sure to give me the full on bridal look, which I appreciated! In the moment I tried on my gown, my size and shape didn't matter because I felt gorgeous! I genuinely wish this kind of experience for every bride!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Awbrey B

Lauren is an angel. My dress was the most gorgeous thing ever, and all the girls at BBY are stellar! They understand what is flattering for every shape and size and they make you feel like a goddess! I would recommend them to ANYONE!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Talitha H

I loved my experience at Brides by Young! They have a wonderful and fun environment, gracious saleswomen who are more than happy to work within your budget, and a variety of lovely dresses!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Darci J

Made dress shopping a breeze! Took my input from dresses and immediately knew exactly which one was my perfect dress!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Paige H

I couldn’t have had a better experience at Brides by Young! I am a size 30 and was very skeptical that they would have anything that would fit me. I had a very negative attitude when I arrived to try on dresses. Kate was there to help and assured me that I had nothing to... Read More worry about! I tried on 4 dresses and the 4th one was the The One! I didn’t go to any other store before or after my visit to Brides by Young. The best part was that, months later, when my dress came in, it literally fit PERFECTLY. The only thing I had to have altered was to have a little bit of length taken off. You can’t beat that! Thank you so much to Brides by Young for helping me to feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Sarah A

Fantastic staff who works with you to find your perfect dress. They make you feel beautiful and comfortable!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Stephane H

AMAZING! I had been to two other bridal shops and cried at both appointments. My fiancée did some research and found Brides by Young. For the first time I was actually excited to try dresses on. They listened to exactly what I wanted and made me feel beautiful, which is... Read More something other places lacked. If you are a curvy girl don't bother going anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Hilary M

This salon is THE BEST! I can't even explain how wonderful it felt to go into a store and try on gowns where the sample size actually fit a plus size woman. The staff were so knowledgeable, and as I tried on a few dresses, my consultant (Kate) began to figure out what style I... Read More was going for. She completely nailed it on the head and I found my perfect dress. I went to the typical chain bridal store, and things felt so manufactured and robotic, and the quality of the gowns just wasn't there. Brides by Young had the best selection and I felt like I got a quality, designer gown at a fair price. I wish I could buy another dress just to have the experience I had at their store. Seriously visit them - you won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Mailey A

I couldn’t not have asked for a better experience. The ladies were wonderful and I found the perfect dress! Thanks to Brides by young getting my dress has so far been the best experience so far in my wedding planning journey!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Stacie P

This place is fabulous! If you want to feel like all focus is on finding you the perfect dress this is the place to go to. I worked with Lauren who not only has a great personality but is wonderful at her job. I was really impressed that she remembered my story and our... Read More experience together (which was pretty quick because I walked out with the first dress she picked), she displayed a genuine interest and excitement when it came to sharing photos of my bouquet. And I swear, she was almost more excited than me when it came to picking up and trying on my dress. If you're a bigger girl who wants to feel special, remembered and encouraged while finding your dress come here, if you're looking for run of the mill & ignored go to David's Bridal.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Felicia D

I'm not sure where to start! I went into my appointment with ZERO, absolutely no intention on buying a dress. I had no idea what I wanted so I figured this would be the time to pour myself into all these dresses, figure out a shape I like and go from there in follow up... Read More appointments. That was not what happened. First I chose Brides by Young so that I had sample sizes that would fit. I wear anything from an 18-24 depending on the dress. I didn't want my first dress appointment to completely discourage me. I met with Lauren, who is my spirit animal bridal consultant. I gave her full control and she did not steer me wrong. She was so positive, patient and helpful. She truly loves her job and the brides she gets to work with. I could not imagine working with anyone else. She made me feel so good about myself!!! I tried on about 5 dresses maybe but we all knew which one was THE ONE. Lauren did everything a bride could ask for. I HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Meghan M

I cannot say enough good things about my experience and the staff at Brides by Young! Kate helped me not one, but two days, and wouldn't stop until we found my dress! She truly cared about what I was looking for and wanted to make sure I found something I loved. We ended up... Read More customizing one of the gowns! While I would be nervous to do this anywhere else, I have no doubt my dress will be the one of my dreams!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jen S

The day that I purchased my wedding dress was so magical. Brides By Young made the experience unforgettable. The staff and service were simply amazing. Would 100% recommend.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jennifer H

This should have been my first and only stop! I cannot even begin to describe the fabulous experience I had at Brides by Young. I was dreading the dress shopping experience before I stepped into their salon but they changed my entire outlook. I remember calling to schedule my... Read More appointment and explaining how much I was dreading this process and nervous about not being able to find something. The woman on the other end of the line reassured me that I would be well taken care of, and I should have known then that I was going to the right place. I met with Kate and before we even started the trying-on process she took the time to get to know who I was and what I was looking for. I felt as if my opinions mattered and like she was really listening to me. Everything she pulled for me to try, I loved. I finally felt beautiful and stunning. I have recommended Brides by Young to all of my friends and have raved about them to my vendors so they can recommend the salon to other brides. I really cannot express how thankful I am with Brides by Young, Kate, and the whole experience. My mother, future mother-in-law, and sister also enjoyed the experience and are now firm believers in the magic of Brides by Young!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Dacia S

We drove up from Bloomington to find my dress. Brides by Young happened to be the first stop out of 4 places. Brides by Young was AMAZING! Once we all got in, and went to the restroom (remember that Bloomington drive plus drinks on the way), Lauren introduced herself. She was... Read More enthusiastic and friendly, I felt like I've known her forever. She asked me about what type of dress I am looking for, my venue, etc. I showed her pictures of the Tivoli Theater where we are getting married,, showed her my pinterst account, and said that I like fitted gowns, but they don't look great on me. I love sparkle, and some lace. She pulled some gowns, let me pick out a few, and put me in the first dress! During fittings, I loved talking with her. She was supportive, made sure my wants were heard, and talked about interests that she noticed on my pinterest board. She said it was her first thought when I told her all about my wedding! It ended up being the one that I fell in love with! At the end of the appointment, I still loved it, but was afraid after driving so far, that there could be one more dress that I would get that feeling for. Lauren was very understanding that I wanted to continue looking, and I told her that I believed I would be back that evening for the dress. I ended up coming back for the dress!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kaitlyn W

This was the first and last place I went dress shopping. Kate, my consultant, was amazing and so great to work with. I can't say enough good things about how great my experience was. After seeing my friends go to the larger shops, I'm so glad I went here. I'd recommend Brides by... Read More Young to anyone, hands down!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Bill J

As a larger-than-sample-size bride, Brides by Young was a welcome experience for me. I felt like I was finally able to have the "normal" dress shopping experience because all of the sample dresses were larger than my size (pant size 16-18 in regular stores). I ended up finding... Read More my dream dress here too, and it was the first store that had the style of dress I'd envisioned for my wedding (I'd been to three other stores, and tried on close to 50 dresses, prior). They have a versatile selection of dresses, and it was a wonderful, intimate shopping experience. I look forward to returning next month and trying my dress on again prior to placing the official order. If you're a larger than the average bridal sample size gal searching for your dream wedding gown, do yourself a favor and make an appointment at Brides by Young.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017

I had an amazing experience at Brides by Young. The ladies here were so sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable. They understood exactly what I was looking for and I only had to try on two dresses to find my perfect gown! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Rachel H

I had the best experience finding my dream gown at Brides by Young. Lauren took the time and allowed me to go back and forth between my top two a couple times before making the difficult decision. I felt like their gowns were better quality for still an affordable price compared... Read More to other retailers.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Anastasia W

Lauren and the ladies at Brides by Young were incredibly helpful. They certainly made me feel special during my dress shopping appointment. Lauren was a wonderful listener as I told her what style I was looking for and what the vibe of my wedding is. Even though I gave her... Read More somewhat vague hints at what I wanted to begin with, she seemed to have an intuition about what I would love and what would look good on my body shape. She was clearly knowledgable and experienced as a wedding dress consultant. I honestly kind of loved every dress she had me try on, so it was no surprise that one of the dresses she picked for me to try ended up being the one. Also, the dresses were all of great quality...so much beautiful lace/material and attention to detail in these dresses! The ladies were super accommodating in helping me envision each dress on the special day (i.e. different options on each dress, jewelry to try on, bouquet to hold, veil to try on, etc.) Lauren even did a quick simple braid of my hair to match how I plan to do my hair on the wedding day so I could really imagine how all the looks would come together with my dress. The ladies all made me feel very comfortable with the whole experience and are a fun, bright group to share your dress shopping experience with! They were also all very sweet to my mother who joined me to help pick out my dress. They made sure to include her in the conversations and she was able to have fun too!