Specialty Plus Size Bridal Salon!

“We are offering bridal fashion for every woman! A woman’s bridal experience should not be limited by her wedding gown size… Every bride should feel beautiful for her wedding. There's no settling when it comes to looking perfect on that special day!” – Young, founder & designer

Wedding Dresses, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available

5252 E. 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 550-1558

Cancel other appointments

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Becky R

For those of us who are voluptuous, the task of wedding dress shopping can be daunting. Will the samples be large enough to fit me? Is the dress I fell in love with online made in my size? Can I even feel beautiful in a dress that is basically made for a woman who is six feet... Read More tall and a size 2? At Brides by Young, all those fears melt away the minute you walk in the door. Young, Lauren and Courtney work tirelessly to make you feel comfortable, special and gorgeous. They go out of their way to make sure you have the best experience you can. The shop is clean, bright and spacious, and the selection of dresses is unique and plentiful. After I went to BBY, I cancelled all my other bridal gown appointments! I knew it would be the place I purchased my dress – and I did. I got a great deal and believe that Young will be helpful all the way through the alterations process. Young has really filled a need is this market! If you are size 14 or over, this should be the one and only dress appointment on your books.

A breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Nellie E

I had two bad experiences the day I went to Brides by Young. The last one had me crying in the dressing room -- but the moment I walked into Brides by Young (thankfully they had a last minute cancellation), I felt at ease, cared about, listened to, and encouraged. Lauren and... Read More Courtney made me feel beautiful in every gown, but listened to what I really wanted and worked to find the perfect dress for me. It was such a relief to have so many samples in sizes that actually fit instead of holding them up and trying to imagine if they would work or not. They picked up on my personality very quickly and found something that suited me perfectly. I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my perfect gown :)

Skip the other stores

Reviewed on 2/13/2015

Had a terrible experience earlier in the day at another shop and decided to try my luck at Brides by Young. They were booked up for the day but Lauren could see by my face I was so disappointed. She asked about my earlier experience and told us to come back in an hour, when they... Read More were supposed to be closing, and she would stay with me. "We will find you your dress today!" she told me. I came back in an hour still feeling discouraged from earlier in the day and Lauren completely turned my whole day around. She made me laugh again and feel beautiful. She stayed two hours after she was supposed to go home, on Saturday night even, to make sure I felt like a beautiful bride. I would absolutely recommend Brides by Young to my friends, in fact I just send the information to a fellow bride friend! Thank you Lauren for making my dress shopping experience one filled with tears of Joy instead of Frustration. :)

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Anastasia W

Lauren and the ladies at Brides by Young were incredibly helpful. They certainly made me feel special during my dress shopping appointment. Lauren was a wonderful listener as I told her what style I was looking for and what the vibe of my wedding is. Even though I gave her... Read More somewhat vague hints at what I wanted to begin with, she seemed to have an intuition about what I would love and what would look good on my body shape. She was clearly knowledgable and experienced as a wedding dress consultant. I honestly kind of loved every dress she had me try on, so it was no surprise that one of the dresses she picked for me to try ended up being the one. Also, the dresses were all of great quality...so much beautiful lace/material and attention to detail in these dresses! The ladies were super accommodating in helping me envision each dress on the special day (i.e. different options on each dress, jewelry to try on, bouquet to hold, veil to try on, etc.) Lauren even did a quick simple braid of my hair to match how I plan to do my hair on the wedding day so I could really imagine how all the looks would come together with my dress. The ladies all made me feel very comfortable with the whole experience and are a fun, bright group to share your dress shopping experience with! They were also all very sweet to my mother who joined me to help pick out my dress. They made sure to include her in the conversations and she was able to have fun too!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Lindsay D

I never expected to have such a positive experience in my search for a plus sized wedding dress. I originally had appointments in Cincinnati at the Reading district and after one appointment at Brides by Young I had found the perfect dress and cancelled all my other... Read More appointments. I had a very specific style of dress in mind (sleeves) and they had tons of options that were flattering on my body. I wear a size 18 pants and I felt so comfortable in this store. I ended up getting a size 22 dress (which is something I was concerned about in planning my search at non-plus sized stores). Being served by other plus sizes girls made the experience much more comfortable than I had anticipated. Lauren was so friendly and understood exactly what I was interested in trying on. She pulled 5 dresses for me from my description of what I wanted, and they were all great. I ended up paying $1500 for my dress, but the price was increased due to adding length to the front (it was a hi-lo dress & I wanted full length) and a pearl belt. Worth every penny and I can't say enough about this store and Lauren! I had such anxiety going in to this, and it was such a relief having such an easy time finding my dream dress!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Tobie R

I purchased my wedding gown at Brides by Young in November 2015 for my wedding October 22, 2016. I was so happy when I stumbled upon this place through a Facebook friend who was tagged in a post. I had been very anxious about dress shopping for my plus size frame and feared that... Read More I would not be able to try anything on in the stores. However, I could have not asked for a better experience at BBY. Not only was I able to try on any dress that I wanted, but some of them were actually too big and had to be clipped. The staff was very helpful in finding a dress that work well with my body shape. I tried on 5 or 6 gowns, but ended up circling back to #1 with modifications. My gown arrived at the store right at 4 months before my wedding so I had plenty of time to get it altered. Thank you so much for all your help in finding me the most beautiful and perfect dress for my big day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alissa M

I had the most incredible day helping my daughter pick out her wedding dress with the help of Kate the young lady that helped us with my daughter's search. Everyone was so helpful and made this such a memorable moment for both of us!

2016-10-23T15:32:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It truly means so much to us to be a part of this experience with you and your daughter. We can't wait to see you both again and as you know, we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Rebekah F

Very nice cute space/boutique. Felt like a million bucks when trying on dresses however, my personal opinion is that the dresses are cheaply made for a very high price. My mother had to fix many things on my dress that were just poorly made. I loved my dress but if I had to do... Read More it over again I would have walked out and kept shopping around.

2016-10-23T15:38:46 Response from the vendor

We're so happy that you chose Brides by Young to be a part of your wedding! Thank you for taking the time to write a review... We are all so surprised to read your comments regarding the quality of our gowns. Every designer and collection... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Sam H

Wow!! So impressed with this place! I had an amazing experience and found my dress in one try. Kate helped me very much i was in and out really quickly with the dress of my dreams!

2016-10-23T15:39:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for writing us a review!! We're so happy that you found the perfect wedding dress with us and it really means a lot that we get to be a part of your wedding day. Please let us know if there's anything... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 MELANIE W

Absolutely love these girls. I had a very positive experience with Lauren, she made me feel great about my body and was honest about what did or didn't work. I truly appreciate all of the hard work in making my dress perfect!

2016-10-23T15:40:25 Response from the vendor

We absolutely love you too! At Brides by Young, we truly love what we do and believe that every woman should have a positive and wonderful experience finding their wedding dress. Thank you for writing your review!! Best, Anne-Marie and the Marie Gabriel team

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Whitney G

I loved my wedding dress! I've gotten so many compliments about how beautiful it was. Also the service I received from everyone at Brides by Young was beyond exceptional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

2016-10-23T15:41:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving your recommendation! We're SO happy that you love your wedding dress! We truly want every bride to have a wonderful experience and exceptional service... It means so much to hear that we've met that with you! Thank you again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kate G

The ladies here were wonderful. I had gone to other places and the plus size selection on dresses where not very good and so I was losing hope that I would find my dress and then I came here and found a dress more perfect then I can imagine. Ty so much!!!!!!

2016-10-23T15:43:13 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU!! Our selection at Brides by Young is our pride and joy and we're so happy that you found the perfect gown for your special day! We really love what we do and love helping brides like yourself look and feel beaaauuutiful! Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Ashley E

I had an amazing experience at Brides by Young! I am a size 14, but I thought I would try out Brides by Young just to see what they have to offer. Ladies - even if you're on the smaller end of the sizes, you will love Brides by Young because their dresses are made for women with... Read More curves! Kate helped me out and made me feel beautiful. She suggested a few dresses for me and suggested the dress that I ultimately chose, which was not a dress I would have picked for myself. The gowns all feel high quality and you will not find a better dress in this price point. Thank you Brides by Young!

2016-10-23T15:45:32 Response from the vendor

Like our little store display says... "Love the Curves!" Thank you SO much for writing this review regarding your experience with us. Our store truly has an amazing selection and range of sizes that allow all women to get the proper wedding dress shopping experience!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Danielle E

This experience exceeded my expectations. I loved that it was just my family and the Young team there. Very fashion forward and I found a dress that hit each of my requirements and I look AWESOME in. I've already started recommending them to my friends. LOVE this place!

2016-10-23T15:46:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much for your referrals!! It's because of wonderful brides like you that we enjoy every day and that we can grow our business. We love our huge selection of gowns and are so happy that you found the perfect wedding dress... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Angela P

I can not say enough on how amazing Brides by Young and Lauren were. I was able to find my perfect dress, that fit me like a dream. The process was fun and easy. I also loved that even with curves, I was able to put on dresses and not have to "imagine" how it would fit!

2016-10-23T15:47:47 Response from the vendor

No brides should ever have to "imagine" how a wedding dress will be like on her body! We're so happy that we're able to provide amazing women like yourself with the selection that we have. Thank you so much for choosing and trusting Brides by... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Sarah S

Brides by Young was the best! Lauren was amazing and I never felt pressured to buy anything. She listened to what I wanted and then used her expertise to pick out the dresses that she thought I would like. I didn't realize until after we left that I had gone over the appointment... Read More time by an hour! I found the perfect dress without feeling rushed or being stressed. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding gown!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Melissa K

I could never say too many great things about Brides By Young. For the plus size bride, trying on a beautiful dress that is made for curves is an all too rare, yet wonderful experience. Not only do the dresses flatter the plus size body type, but the staff truly knows how to... Read More appreciate the curves as well. I didn't leave my dress shopping experience thinking about how many pounds I should lose before the big day, but instead thinking about how beautiful my body already is. I left feeling confident, beautiful and excited, with my perfect dress in tow.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Lindsay F

Brides by Young is absolutely AMAZING!!! I'm so glad that I chose to have my dress buying experience! Lauren is so great and she was a tremendous help!! She listened to everything I wanted and got me exactly the dress I was looking for! I would definitely shop here if you are a... Read More plus size bride wanting to have the experience of a every other bride!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Sarah R

After going with my best friend to pick out her wedding dress at a different store (and having a horrible experience) I decided to do some research. I wanted a plus size bridal boutique where I wouldn't need to worry if they'd only have a couple of dresses that fit me. Brides by... Read More Young was perfect! Not only is the store gorgeous, the sales team is amazing! The dresses are beyond jaw dropping. I had no clue what I wanted but ended up walking out with "the dress". Lauren was able to make sure my experience was the best I could have asked for AND she stayed exactly within my price range. If you are looking for a dress size 14 and up there could not be a better store to go into!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

This was the first and only store I tried on dresses at. Being a plus sized girl, it is hard to find an environment that makes you feel comfortable and Brides by Young is exactly that. The atmosphere is amazing. When you first walk in the door you are greeted by fabulous staff... Read More who really care about you. Lauren was my consultant for the afternoon and she was amazing. She was respectful of my budget, helped me pick out a few dresses to try on, and gave me style tips and pointers on what dresses would look great on my figure. The dresses themselves are just stunning! If you are looking for fitted, fit and flare, trumpet, mermaid, bling, lace, satin, or simple, they LITERALLY have it all. If you are looking for a bridal boutique to try dresses, I highly suggest Brides by Young!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Meredith M

The ladies that work here are AMAZING! My consultant was Lauren, and she was so nice. I actually bought my dress from another store (It was on sale, and I am still in graduate school...I couldn't resist!). That definitely didn't deter them from helping me find things to... Read More personalize my dress. My dress was originally strapless, and Lauren helped me pair the right bolero with it to make it my dream dress! From the minute I walked it in, they were so accommodating. It felt more personal then any other bridal store I had been in so far. Lauren called me to let me know the day the bolero/sleeves had come in. She even called me to let me know I forgot my earrings there after trying on some jewelry!! I highly recommend ANY plus size girl to shop here for the wedding day. Whether you need a dress or just some accessories, they know plus sizes, and they know what works. I didn't know feel self conscious at all! I wasn't embarrased, and the ladies did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. The larger dressing rooms really helped too! I didn't feel like I was getting dressed in a bathroom stall. :) 5 stars!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

I had had previously terrible wedding dress shopping experiences. Brides by Young made the whole experience perfect. From the selection of dresses, in my size, that I could try on to the personalized attention and relaxed atmosphere, the day was great. I had fun goofing and... Read More showing off with my friends and family. Best of all, I found the perfect dress for my wedding this October. Thank you Brides by Young for the best shopping experience of my life. ^ ^

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

My experience at Brides by Young was amazing!! I had been to several other bridal stores and nothing compared to this place. I am a curvy woman and wanted a dress that would show off my curves. All of the other bridal stores I went to only showed me A-line dresses because that's... Read More all that would fit over my hips. Lauren at Brides by Young sat down with me and talked about what I had in mind. She listened to me and I never felt rushed. Lauren was very nolagable and talked to the fit of the dress and how it looked on me. We found my dream dress, it was everything I was looking for that I couldn't find at other bridal stores. If you are a curvy woman, you must visit Brides by Young! Don't get caught up on the size.. I'm usually a size 12 and didn't think I really needed a "plus size" dress.. but because of my curves the dresses at Brides by Young just fit me better and was everything I was looking for in my wedding dress! This team is amazing!! Go visit them!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Courtney H

I was so nervous to go try on wedding dresses because I am a plus bride, shopping in itself is hard being plus sized so buying a wedding dress was not something I was looking forward to. Fortunately I was able to find Brides by Young! First, they had tons of dresses to look at... Read More online, which allowed me to view and get an idea of what I wanted to look at when to my appointment. When I set my appointment it was only myself in the store, but I felt so comfortable there with my family and friends. I was able to try on multiple dresses, and they were able to show me how different styles looked at me. Then when I found the dress of my dreams, they were amazing to work with to pay the price of the dress. By far an amazing experience from beginning to middle to the end! I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my DREAM wedding dress that I found and feel beautiful in from Brides by Young.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Mariah D

I absolutely loved this shop! I had went to about 5 other stores and the customer service was terrible, since I am a bigger bride. I felt right at home when I came into this store, and the ladies were wonderful. I did not plan on buying a dress that day, as I was only going to... Read More look. I fell in love with one of their dresses, and everyone gave me compliments that made me feel beautiful. I definitely recommend Brides by Young to anyone!