Bride's First Choice DJ'S

Ct. Mass. NY. RI. and destination weddings

Classy, Upbeat, Fun, THE "NO CHEESE" DJ'S!

We take the time to really listen to you. What is your vision, mood, vibe for the wedding or event? We take your ideas and music choices that reflect the two of you as a couple. Each couple is unique… so is each wedding. We are truly an all service DJ company with JP services, up lighting, ceremony music, and of course award winning DJ/MC services.

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Ct. Mass. NY. RI. and destination weddings (860) 233-3754

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Allison C

5 Stars are not enough for Joan Dylan! - both as a DJ and Officiant! Joan became a very big, personal part of our big day. She worked so closely with us leading up to our wedding and completely rocked our wedding day. I want to write about all aspects here so please see all the... Read More sections: Day of: Oh my gosh. Joan went so far above and beyond for us. We had some communication issues with our venue and Joan stepped in right away to help me stick to the details we'd been planning together. She really became our day-of coordinator and worked so well with our photographers, videographer, caterers and more to keep everyone together on the same page and on schedule. They all loved working with her and I can say our whole event was FLAWLESS thanks to Joan. Amazing personality, speaker, officiant, and DJ: So many of our guests came up to us to tell us how amazing she was. Our ceremony was officiated beautifully, eloquently, and to perfection. She played all of our songs and perfect times and the the crowd loved it. She was so friendly to our wedding party, family, and guests. We can say whole-heartedly that we LOVE Joan. Preparations and Planning: I am very particular and sent Joan countless versions of our ceremony and playlists. She was always open to hearing from us and worked with us on every last detail. She really gave us her time and attention and made me feel so confident going into our big day. Beyond the usual planning, we live in California and our wedding was in Connecticut. We had very few chances to meet our vendors in person but Joan was so flexible and always made her self available when we were in town. She was also fantastic to work with over the phone and email. She made the distance a complete non-issue. Look no further. Joan is your perfect DJ / Offiiant!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Krista V

I was very pleased Bride's First Choice! I was planning a wedding from across the country and Mitch and Joan were very flexible and made the process easy! Mitch did a great job at the reception and had everyone moving on the dance floor! We wished we could have extended the... Read More reception one more hour to keep the dance party going! He even helped last-minute to set up a sound system for our ceremony. The whole process was seamless, and Mitch helped make the entire day stress-free. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Jeremy M

My husband and I had a great experience working with Todd for our wedding. We met with Todd a few months before our wedding, but we didn't provide him much in the way of details until a few days before the wedding. Nevertheless, Todd put together an amazing lineup of music... Read More from our long and diverse list of requests. He managed to blend everything together seamlessly, from Moon River to Beyonce. He always had an eye on the mood in the room, and made sure to keep us on schedule, even as there were some last minute adjustments. When we started looking for DJs, we were adamant to avoid the cheesy wedding DJ stereotype. Todd was the furthest thing from cheesy: he was fun and professional, and never used gimmicks or embarrassment to get people engaged. In addition to the great music and MCing, Todd provided amazing lighting for our venue that helped transform the space. On top of all of that, Todd came in at a very reasonable price and didn't try to nickle and dime us for extras, as some other DJs tried to. We would absolutely recommend working with Todd!

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Kara H

Joan was absolutely amazing as our JP! She wrote some beautiful words for us and kept in close contact with us in the time leading up to the big day. She made it feel personal and made us feel so special and I can’t say enough good stuff about her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Evan S

My wife and I got married a month ago and our friends and family are still talking about the wonderful job Joan Dylan did at our wedding reception! Her performance as an emcee and her arrangement of songs throughout the evening was perfect. She is easy to work with, professional... Read More and cheerful, and our photographer and venue's coordinator were thrilled to work with her again. Joan has deejayed two weddings for my family and I would confidently recommend her to anybody!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Mary S

Mitch did an *outstanding* job at our wedding. He took care before the wedding, and the day of, to make sure the schedule of events was exactly what we wanted and that everyones name was being pronounced correctly. He also did a great job getting everyone dancing. I can't... Read More recommend him highly enough!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jaime R

Joan was both our JP and our DJ, and she was amazing. She is down to earth and super easy to work with. Even when I was completely stressing or struggling with family members to get decisions made, Joan was patient and understanding. After our wedding, SO MANY of our guests... Read More raved about Joan and told us how much they enjoyed her presence at our wedding. She is simply outstanding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Paige S

I am one of those brides who researched so many DJ's to find the right one for us. I was very nervous about making the wrong choice. DJ Joan exceeded my expectations. She is so wonderful, so responsive, so personable, so accommodating. She sat down with us and was so... Read More enthusiastic about our special day. DJ Joan did an amazing job taking into account our music preferences while mixing in some fun dance music requests that everyone loved. DJ Joan genuinely loves what she does and it shows. She provided us the absolute perfect night of entertainment. Cannot thank you enough DJ Joan!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Victoria E

Joan Dylan was the officiant for our wedding and she did a fantastic job! She is very professional; your ceremony will not be cheesy and she will modify in any way that you would like. She speaks very clearly (just like she does on the radio!) and will make sure that the sound... Read More is seamless for your guests. Joan is an experienced wedding professional and will work with all of your vendors to make sure everything goes smoothly for your day.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Faye B

DJ, Joan Dylan, did a fantastic job at our Big Bash on June 3rd. She was able to get all ages up and dancing (ages 7 - 81). She knew the right music to play and guests said the party had a "good vibe" to it with such an awesome DJ. Would highly recommend her to anyone... Read More considering a PARTY!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Steve I

Finding a DJ proved to be one of the bigger challenges of our early wedding planning. We have some very particular music tastes, and were thinking outside the box for a lot of our wedding, and we knew we needed someone who would go where we wanted to, musically and tonally. We... Read More had interviewed several DJs, and had found that the biggest issue was that they weren’t listening to us. We were very turned off by cheesiness and party games (give a gift card to the first person who RSVP’d and a silly hat to the last person? Are you kidding me?), and it felt like several DJs would try and sneak that in despite our requests. Which is why finding DJ Joan was so wonderful! From the get go, DJ Joan was extremely receptive to our very specific musical tastes, and our preferences in terms of the role of the DJ. More importantly, DJ Joan brought an unwavering confidence and professionalism to the experience, so we felt comfortable with her decisions and song choices! She helped us with our AV needs when we had someone sing at our ceremony, she assisted us as a Justice of the Peace, she guided our guests through the night without being obtrusive, and MOST importantly, she kept everyone dancing all night! We received countless compliments from our guests on how wonderful the music was, and we absolutely could not recommend DJ Joan more!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Gabrielle J

If you are looking for an amazing DJ do not search any more! We seriously can not thank Joan enough for being both the Master of Ceremony and DJ at our wedding! She was such a pleasure and easy to work with. Joan guided us through the entire process of both ceremony and... Read More reception, made wonderful suggestions and answered every single one of our millions of questions. All of our guests loved the music choices she made and had a great time.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Sharon J

First, let me say I am beyond thrilled to write this review and I know one will be coming as well from my daughter and new son-in-law! Joan served as an Officiant, Master of Ceremony and DJ for my daughter’s wedding in Stonington, CT. Joan was incredible in all three... Read More capacities. She delivered a ceremony that was both personal and inspirational. We received a lot of compliments from family and friends on what a lovely ceremony it was. As Master of Ceremony, she kept things lighthearted and moving (all the speeches). As a DJ, Joan always had a good sense of what the crowd was looking for in music. She was conscientious about music during dinner and dessert, but also had an innate ability to get our guests up and dancing. A true professional and I would highly recommend her. Thanks again Joan!

2017-05-15T09:33:44 Response from the vendor

Working with all of you was such a pleasure from the beginning of the planning stages, to the very last song of the night! Gabyand Robbie are blessed to have such a family. What a joyful day! Joan Dylan

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Kara C

I can't say enough about how beyond wonderful Mitch and Joan were to work with. All our families and friends are still talking about how awesome the music was !!! Mitch and Joan got every single person up on the dance floor. Our wedding was like one big party and I have Joan and... Read More Mitch to thank for one of the most special memories of my life :) I would recommend them to anyone ( and already have ) !

2017-05-15T09:31:21 Response from the vendor

I loved every minute of working with your family. Thank You very much for trusting me with this enormous responsibility! -Joan Dylan

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 joan d

Mitch was an amazing DJ and kept everyone on their feet dancing and well informed during the wedding.~!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Jason C

Joan and DJ Mitch did an awesome job...Would highly recommend for any occasion.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Lauren T

We worked with Todd for our wedding and he was amazing! The music selection was killer and everyone--young and old alike--commented on how much they enjoyed it. Prior to the wedding, I was worried that few of our friends or family members would want to dance, especially for a... Read More daytime wedding, but that worry was totally misplaced. Todd got everyone out on the dance floor. He played music I could dance to with my grandfather as well as songs that had my friends and I jumping around and singing along to like crazy. We had so much fun! He really kept the party going all the way to the end of the wedding. His MCing was great too, and he really kept us on track with the schedule. We are also super thankful that he braved a crazy surprise blizzard for us. Todd was awesome to work with throughout the whole process. We had a great phone conversation a few months ahead of time to discuss what sort of songs and vibe I wanted, and he played all of the songs we requested on our form. He was so easy to work with and I am really thankful he was available for the big day. We're really pleased and highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Grace C

DJ Jeff was easy to work with, reliable, and played great music throughout the whole reception! He kept the reception flowing nicely without us having to worry about a thing. We give him our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Davina R

Joan was awesome!! She listened to the type of music and songs we wanted and was able to play my husbands songs at the right times and still get people to dance! Everyone loved her and even asked for her card!! I knew Joan was the right DJ for our wedding as soon as I met her at... Read More an open house at the pond house!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Marie C

We had DJ Mitch for our 25th Anniversary Party. What a pleasant person he is. The music fit the occasion from the cocktail hour to the dancing. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor, even the reluctant dancers for a dance or two. He did a great job keeping the music... Read More flowing and timing the announcements perfectly as needed. You won't be disappointed with Joan Dylan Productions.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 J L

Joan did an amazing job! We couldn't be happier, she always exhibited the highest level of professionalism. During the planning process she was very patient and responsive to all of our emails. She worked through all the details with us and was very flexible in making sure the... Read More day went the way we wanted it to. The day of the wedding reception she did a superb job. Her music selections were great, and she really paid attention to what music the audience was responding to. She was able to get people up and dancing and made it an amazing day. We were beyond impressed and would recommend Joan to anyone looking for a DJ. Also, being a gay couple we were a little apprehensive when contacting vendors, and Joan put us immediately at ease and made us feel comfortable. It was a non-issue and it enabled us to enjoy the day as any couple would. I can't say enough positive things about Joan.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Brittany M

Todd, who works for Joan, DJ'd our wedding. He was fantastic. I had few requests, but they were important to me and he did an incredible job executing them. He was so discreet and quick at setting up, it was as if he appeared out of thin air! He was accommodating to my guests... Read More while still keeping me happy. He was more than happy to stay overtime, and was not overly chatty- which I hate about a lot of DJs. I would absolutely recommend Brides First Choice DJs!

Early November Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2016

Joan was not only our DJ, but the officiant as well. She met with us SEVERAL times before the wedding and provided us with materials to be able to tailor the day perfectly. She filled both roles with grace and aplomb. It's too bad one only gets married once, because I'd do it... Read More all again next year!

Danced the night away!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kathryn B

Joan was amazing! She made our wedding day so special. From the very beginning she was always energetic and had a smile on her face when discussing our wedding and throughout her time with us. We loved how she understood our music style and played songs we enjoyed. It was... Read More amazing how she made all of our ideas work and was even able to find the older wedding songs of our parents and friends. All of our guests commented how good she and the music were too! Joan Dylan is an excellent choice as a wedding DJ and we will DEFINITELY be recommending her!!!

The absolute best DJ for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kate S

Todd was referred to us by a DJ friend from our local radio station and she didn't steer us wrong! He was professional from start to finish, giving us a wedding planner doc to fill out with all info we needed. He met with my now husband and me early in the process to give us... Read More some tips and really simplify things for us. Prior to the wedding, he spoke with our venue and worked out all the power requirements & logistics so come our wedding day, he'd be all set. On the day of, he showed up not only early but completely prepared and our ceremony/reception went perfectly. We even asked for a special DJ-coordinated event which Todd was happy to do and handled brilliantly. We can't recommend Todd enough for your wedding day!

Joan Dylan

Bride's First Choice LLC DJ’s Will Keep You Dancing, and talking about the memories forever! Premium Wedding Entertainment for CT, NY, MA and RI Since 1989 Joan Dylan is one of the most listened to radio DJ's in Connecticut! Currently at WRCH during the mid-day. Joan’s style is upbeat, fun, classy, and relaxed. Never too loud and embarrassing. Joan was a nervous bride herself at one point and always knew she would have that special connection when working with the couples to take their ideas and music they loved and have that reflect the couple. As each couple is unique… each wedding is