It's More Than Photography, It's An Experience!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

New Orleans, LA (985) 395-9703

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Grayson G

LOOK NO FURTHER !!!! These two are as good as it gets! I have had the pleasure of being apart of two wedding they photographed. First was my best friends and then my own. I knew from the second I met them, I wanted them as my photographers. They are so professional and easy to... Read More work with! They make everything from your engagement photos to your wedding day stress free and fun! Have I mentioned the pictures! Their pictures are stunning. The quality of their work and the passion for what they do is evident in each shot. They truly capture the feeling of the day. This decision will be the best one you make for your wedding day (besides maybe marrying your significant other) 😉 Book the Brocato's now!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Lauren B

My best wedding decision was hiring Lyle and Ang to photograph our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Below is the letter I sent them after the our wedding. I believe it says it all: "Lyle and Ang, About the photos...I'm not even sure I can put into words how genuinely... Read More ecstatic I am about the rehearsal dinner and wedding photos. I knew I wanted the both of you to capture our wedding from the day Lawrence and I were engaged, I knew the shots would be fabulous and I knew I trusted both of you with the job of preserving our memories of this important day. But, I was not prepared for overwhelming emotion and joy I felt looking through our wedding photos for the first time. I'll never know how you managed to capture every moment, secret glance, look of joy, nervousness, love and excitement on everyone's faces, but you did! This day wasn't just about Lawrence and myself, it was about celebrating with our families that we love and cherish so much, and these photos will forever remind us of that beautiful celebration. Not only are the photographs amazing, both of you are amazing. Ang - you'll never know how much you put my mind at ease when we met at Katie's and went through the entire timeline of the day. You were so open to listening to my thoughts (and fears!) about how the day would go and what shots I wanted. You mapped out every single detail and completely put my mind to rest. On the day of the wedding, you were in charge, but laid back. Nothing felt rushed, nothing felt stressful...you knew exactly where everyone needed to be and what was coming up next and made all of us feel beautiful and excited. It was also in the details - you knowing and calling my father, mother, sisters and bridesmaids by name. My parents and bridesmaids could not stop complementing you on how prepared and wonderful you were to work with. Thank you for everything! Lyle- Lawrence and his groomsmen could not stop raving about you. As I'm sure it goes with most grooms, he just nodded his head and said "that's great" when I told him a year ago that I HAD to have you and Ang as my photographers. But after the wedding, it was all about Lyle! How you made him feel special on his big day, how you set them up for creative shots of he and his groomsmen and he couldn't wait to see how they turned out, how at ease they all felt with you. Lawrence told me the next day: "I'm pretty sure all of the groomsmen have man crushes on Lyle. I think I do too. He was that awesome." We've received countless calls, texts and emails from family and friends telling us how amazing the photos are. I'm caught in this weird place because I really need to pick a photo for our Christmas cards, but I've stopped looking at them for a few days because I get so incredibly emotional going through all of them. I get caught in a trance of wedding photos and come out an hour later in a whirlwind of happiness and tears! All of this is because of both of you. So thank you, thank you, thank you for being fabulous people and fabulous photographers! We are your customers for life!! Lauren Bourg Williams"

2016-03-11T10:38:16 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness!!! So much love for the Bourg-Williams' !!!! We adored every second of working with you and are beyond thrilled for the incredible relationship you two have!!! Thanks for inviting us to be part of your day!!! xoxo, ang & lyle :)

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Taylor W

Absolutely amazing. There aren't enough words to explain how absolutely amazing these two are. As an out of town bride, I had to leave a lot up to Ang and Lyle and they could not have done a better job. Being from Chicago we typically have a break between ceremony and reception... Read More and take pictures around the city, which we wanted to do in New Orleans. Since we aren't from the town we let them pick the locations and WOW. The places we took photos made everything from my flowers to bridesmaids dresses and groomsmens suits pop. I couldn't be happier with my photos. From the first time we met with Ang and Lyle it was a no brainer for us to have them capture our special day. These two are the perfect team, they are the nicest most down to earth people and make you feel incredibly comfortable from day one. Since they are such great people that made it so easy for them to be around us all day, it was like having extra friends with you. After the wedding they got our photos to us very quickly and again WOW. Everyone who has seen my photos compliments me first, and then my photographers saying how great the pictures are. They are so easy to work with, answer any and all questions promptly. Wedding planning won't always be easy, but if you book with Ang and Lyle, at least the photography portion will be smooth sailing and worry free. Ang and Lyle, I can't even begin to thank you enough for all of your help, expertise and capturing all of the moments of the best day of our lives. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Hands down the best photographers ever.

2015-06-01T17:00:01 Response from the vendor

Oh. My. Goodness. Taylor & Matt, you guys are the cat's pajamas! Seriously. Beautiful inside and out and we were so thrilled to be a part of your remarkable wedding day!!! Thanks for choosing us and thanks for this truly remarkable review!!!! xoxo, ang &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Aimee B

Today marks my first anniversary and looking back on my special day makes me think of how the best decision I made for my wedding -aside from my groom , of course ; ) was choosing this POWER couple to capture all the special moments of the day. They told our love story so... Read More beautifully. Not only are they super sweet and an absolute JOY to work with, but they each have their own unique shots, so it's like getting the best of both worlds with them. I had the pleasure of working with them for multiple weddings and they have been nothing but AMAZING! Choose them! You WILL NOT regret it, I promise!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Shauna R

Super professional. Organized. Fun. Loving. Amazing!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Laura G

The Brocatos did such an amazing job for our August wedding! I have a very large extended family and they were so accommodating and patient while we tried to get everyone together for a picture. They were extremely organized and everything flowed wonderfully. Also, the... Read More pictures are incredible and we could not be any happier with how they turned out!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Michelle B

The Brocato's have to be the best photography duo on the planet. They are GREAT to work with! They are very professional, confident, and fun! It's easy to tell they love what they are doing. I would highly recommend the Brocato's to anyone and everyone. One thing I will never... Read More forget about the very busy year of planning our wedding, is the handwritten note and book the Brocato's sent to our house the week we hired them. Extremely genuine people who do an outstanding job. Can't say enough good things about them!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Laura L

I'm so happy we made the decision to work with the Brocatos.! They were professional, organized and just all around lovely people. They were very familiar with our venue and knew exactly how to capture all of the shots we wanted, and they really listed to us when we described... Read More the feeling and style of photos we wanted. I can't say enough great things about them! We are absolutely thrilled by the photos. THANK YOU Ang and Lyle!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelly T

Hands-down the best money we spent on our New Orleans destination wedding. The photos they created for us are our dearest treasure. In the midst of a whirlwind day, they were our eyes capturing many moments we would have otherwise missed. Like most brides, I put a lot of... Read More creative energy into conjuring a particular atmosphere at our wedding. They immediately "got it" and were able to translate this into our photos. I hope you are as lucky as we were, and get to work with them. Our experience with the Brocato team surpassed our expectations. They were promptly responsive to questions, showed enthusiasm for our wedding, always did what they said they would do, made it easy to track billing and then photos with how they employed technology so smartly. They even added the most delightful and classy little touches, that I won't spoil for you because I want you to enjoy those surprises as much as I did! Our wedding ran the gamut and required true professional skill. They shot in digital and film, daytime and at night, indoors and outdoors. All with stellar results. The day of the wedding went a little sideways, courtesy of our venue. You wouldn't know it based on the pictures. Practically every guest has told us how wonderful the Brocatos were to work with, and that our pictures are the best they've seen. Even after our wedding day, I feel as though they have treated us as respected clients. I know they are incredibly busy, but I never felt like our wedding fell in between the cracks. Impressive. Best to you and yours on your wedding day! (And hopefully it includes the Brocato team.)

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Sarah W

We have nothing but amazing things to say about the Brocatos!! They helped to make our wedding day absolutely perfect! They kept everything flowing smoothly and on schedule, and we didn't have a to worry about a thing! Everyone commented on how impressed they were with Lyle and... Read More Ang throughout the entire night and how organized they were. We recently got our pictures back and they are even better than we could have imagined! Everyone who has seen them has commented on how amazing they came out. Ang made sure we worked out all of the details ahead of time, so everything would flow smoothly the day of and she made sure they incorporated everything we wanted. They captured everything from the big moments to small details throughout the night. They made us feel so special throughout the entire process. The also helped us feel so comfortable in front of the camera when things could have been awkward. Not only did they do an amazing job with our pictures, but they were also a joy to work with! They were so optimistic and upbeat throughout the entire process, their positive energy was contagious! We are so happy we went with the Brocatos and would highly recommend them to anyone! We love their precious family and would go with them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Libby D

They say rain on your wedding day is considered "good luck." When it was finally our special day, the forecast was not promising.. I stressed, took a sip of peptol bismol, stressed, and took another sip of peptol bismol. This cycle ended when I finally made it through the rain... Read More and inside of Nottoway Plantation where Ang greeted me with a warm smile and calm voice. Immediately, I forgot about the rain and every other little thing could wrong on your wedding day (forgetting veil at home and two bridesmaids were getting sewn into their dresses because their zippers broke). None of that mattered in the moment! Even rain couldn't ruin our special day or maybe it is because we had the best photographers around! If you would see our GORGEOUS pictures, you wouldn't even know it rained on our wedding day! Ang and Lyle are that talented! We just want to thank Ang and Lyle from the bottom of our hearts for capturing our perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Alyssa R

My husband and I got married on June 11, 2016. I can hardly put into words the amount of respect I have for these two. I saw their pictures online a few years before I got engaged and I knew right then that once my day came, I would HAVE to book with them. Their pictures of... Read More people I did not even know brought me to tears. They were absolutely beautiful! I could feel emotions just from looking at their pictures. So, sure enough, once I got engaged,I called them within 2 days. They captured our wedding day, engagements, and my bridals. They truly have an eye for settings and shots that you would never think of. My favorite thing about their photography is that they don't just take several photos of their bride and groom posing. They actually capture moments and emotions between the bride and groom, their parents, bridal party, etc. Their photography is so real! On the wedding day, we were running behind on our schedule, and every time I started to get nervous, Ang easily put me at ease. She was able to take charge and make sure we were able to capture certain shots, despite being behind schedule, all while still maintaining a fun atmosphere. I have jokingly told several people that I started to look at her as my wedding coordinator as opposed to actually going to my real wedding coordinator to ask her questions about timing and to help make me take a deep breath and relax. She truly kept me composed during my wedding day preparedness/craziness and I will never be able to thank her enough. As I have told so many people, they were hands down the BEST decision I made regarding my wedding day. They were worth every penny and I would have even paid more just to have them. Once all of the cake is gone and the party is over, you will look back and feel like the night happened so fast and that you hardly remember any of it. This is why pictures are such an important aspect of your wedding day bc they will be there to help you remember everything about that night, from the emotions you felt to who all you were able to share your special day with. We already can't wait to one day show our kids our wedding photos from the best night of our life. I recommend booking with Brocato to EVERY bride out there. You will not be let down, but they will exceed every expectation you have. They even send you little things throughout the year which makes you feel so special! They are so real and make every session so fun and easy. I could go on and on... they are just extraordinary!!

2016-09-19T16:27:27 Response from the vendor

Alyssa & Chris! You guys are breathtakingly wonderful and we were honored to document this incredible time in your lives. Thank you for choosing us, thank you for sharing your day with us and thank you for adding a little more love to the world:)))... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... Well Lyle and Ang's pictures are worth a million more. These two artist are the complete package of kindness, professionalism, and virtuoso photographers all in one. I cannot express in words how much Brocato Photography made our... Read More BIG day our BEST day. Trust me, let them take care of your memories, and you will have something truly memorable to have and to hold the rest of your days.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Tara C

Lyle and Ang are an amazing couple to work with. They are sweet and care for their clients as if they are related to them all. They captured every detail. Thank you Lyle and Ang!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Mamie C

Absolutely AMAZING! Truly one of the best decisions a bride can make is to hire Ang and Lyle. We couldn’t be more excited and pleased with their work and professionalism. At the end of the wedding, your photographs are the memories you have and the Brocato Group is 110% the team... Read More you want to capture those memories. They captured the magic and timeless feel of our wedding and every shot is better than the last. From the first phone convo with Ang, I knew I was in great hands. They walked me through exactly how they operate and it was a perfect fit – super organized, timely, they listen and they tell your love story so beautifully. Lyle worked with the guys while Ang was with the girls and they made sure every moment and little detail was captured, while staying calm and on time. And the shots from the church and reception are just as perfect and wonderful and we can’t stop looking at their fabulous work!! They caught moments we didn’t even think about and now we can relive our special day over and over again. All of our friends and family want to know who our photographers were because of their incredible work. I cannot recommend or sing the praises of this impeccable duo enough. Thank you a million times over Ang and Lyle. Best photographers EVER! xoxo

2016-09-19T16:31:11 Response from the vendor

Mamie & Tad! Your wedding day was dreamy from start to finish....from the style to the venues, to your family and friends and everything in between. As wonderful as all of those things were, your love for each other permeated all and was a sheer... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Kaitlyn A

Hands down the best photographers out there and I am not just saying that because they did my wedding. They have a true gift on capturing your wedding love story and it's just beautiful. They are professionals when it comes to photography and business. When planning a stressful... Read More wedding, you want to make sure you photos are in good hands and I never had to worry about anything. They were super quick for the "after ceremony" photos so we could celebrate and get to the dance floor as soon as possible! They are worth every penny and have no regrets at all! I recommend them to anyone and everyone! My bridesmaids that aren't married yet already said they are using the same photographer as I did because everyone loved them! Hope you choose them and fall in love with their work as I did!

2016-09-19T16:33:22 Response from the vendor

Kaitlyn & Mark! Thank you thank you thank you for choosing us to document your big day! Your love, your style, your relationships with your family and friends made us feel like kids in a candy store. Everywhere we turned there was magic. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

words cannot explain how wonderful the Brocatos are. They told us from the beginning that they wanted to capture my daughter and son-in-law's love story and that is exactly what they did. They pictures are flawless and beautiful! They were the best photographers EVER!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Kirby S

After seeing some pictures Angelena and Lyle took of my friends, I decided I had to call them. I was 100% positive I had made the right choice after speaking with Angelena over the phone. Since we live in Austin, they were extremely accommodating and flexible around taking our... Read More engagement pictures when we were able to make a last minute trip to Louisiana. They made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and at ease on our wedding day and with our engagement pictures. They go over all the details a couple of weeks before of important must have pictures, but also have an amazing eye for capturing great in the moment experiences. They made everything super simple and stress free! We love our pictures and highly recommend Angelena and Lyle! They are the BEST!

2016-09-19T16:36:56 Response from the vendor

Kirby & Scot! Oh my goodness! From the moment we first met you guys it felt like we had known each other for years:)) Thank you for creating such a remarkable wedding day and for choosing us to document it and your love story! We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Angelina and Lyle were truly AMAZING! They made us feel comfortable and relaxed throughout our entire wedding day knowing that everything would be documented perfectly! I spoke with Angelina the week before the wedding to go over all of the formal photos that we wanted at our... Read More wedding and reception. She made sure we got all of the photos we really wanted and so much more! They were so organized that we even finished our formal wedding photos AHEAD of schedule! Their organization gave us more time to relax and take some fun unplanned photos! Our photographs came out better than I could've ever imagined! They were absolutely beautiful! They work so hard and are insanely talented! They were so good at posing us for our photos so that they looked natural and beautiful! Their turn around time is great too! They got us our photos quickly, and even made us a preview slide show the very next day! I highly recommend them! We've gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos, and I couldn't be more impressed!

2016-09-19T16:39:38 Response from the vendor

Ciera & Ren! Your energy, your love for one another, your passion.....it's palpable. Thank you for allowing us to document all of these things on your absolutely perfect wedding day! Thank you for choosing us, thank you for creating such a remarkable day and thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Sue S

Ange and Lyle are the BEST! We couldn’t have been happier with them. They did an amazing and beautiful job documenting my daughter’s destination wedding in New Orleans recently. My daughter and I researched a number of photographers before finding Brocato. We knew immediately... Read More that they were the ones. From our first contact all the way through, they were responsive, professional and so great to work with. We already knew from their portfolio that their work was incredible. We had a large outdoor courtyard wedding with dinner and dancing following and ending in a second line parade in the French Quarter. So we knew we needed two professional photographers that were very experienced, energetic, creative and good with candid and formal shots both indoors and outdoors. We also wanted photographers that were good at capturing the emotion and spirit of the day. They EXCEEDED our expectations in every way! They were so organized and calm. They made it look so easy. They knew the names of all of the members of the wedding party and our families which made everyone feel so comfortable. They felt like friends attending the wedding! On top of all of the that, when we woke up the next morning we had a short wedding photo video complete with music from them which we were able to share with all of our guests. Everyone couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful the photographers were and how beautiful all the photos were! We felt so lucky and blessed to have found them and I am sure you will too! Thank you Ange and Lyle!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Stephen C

Words cannot really describe how amazing Brocato photography is. You can look at their photographs and see how amazing they are, but let me tell you—working with them was just as flawless as their photographs. I was so worried about our wedding pictures since I am awkward in... Read More front of cameras and don’t do well being the center of attention. Angelena and Lyle made me (and our whole wedding party) feel anything but awkward. They are also easy going and genuine people who took the time to get to know us in between their busy schedules. They even bought us a bottle of champagne to celebrate us! Our wedding day was a blur to me, but Angelena and Lyle managed to be in 10 places at the same time. I didn’t feel like my day consisted of photos after photos. I was able to enjoy our wedding and reception without having to worry about anything. Also, our pictures are breathtaking! We could not have asked for a better experience with our photographers! Thank y’all for being such a blessing to us throughout our engagement and our wedding, we are incredibly thankful!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Danielle H

Lyle and Angelena were absolutely amazing!!! I have always admired their work and was super excited to book them for my own big day!! They exceeded any expectation I had!! We had them capture my bridals, engagements, rehearsal dinner and the big day and every one of those events... Read More has spectacular photos thanks to the Brocatos!! As if the quality, creativeness, and uniqueness of the photos isn't enough, Ang and Lyle are a pleasure to work with! I felt at ease knowing they were there to capture everything! Never had to worry about them missing anything, and they are super down to earth and fun too! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for spectacular photos like really no one else! Photos are something that last a lifetime and I would not have chosen anyone else but the Brocatos to capture our special day!!!

2016-09-19T16:42:04 Response from the vendor

Danielle & Travis! You guys were one of the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful and most in love Brocato Couples! We cherished every moment we were with you and every moment in your lives we were able to document for you! Thank you for choosing us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Ashley L

Absolutely. Fantastic. And we haven't even had our wedding yet! I first fell in love with their photo style when a close friend of ours got married in New Orleans. There were many loves happening on that particular trip; the city itself, their photography and more importantly my... Read More now fiance! When my fiance and I got engaged last Labor Day we immediately knew we had to get married in New Orleans and that the Brocato's were going to be our photographers. Within hours of initialing reaching out to them for a quote, Ang had called to chat with me over the phone about our story and how we got engaged which I thought, versus an email, was a very personal touch. She answered all the questions I had and I felt so comfortable. My fiance and I weren't 100% sold on having engagement photos taken as we thought they were rather cheesy, however we really wanted to get some shots throughout the French Quarter as the day of our wedding we are having our ceremony and reception at the same venue and won't have time to galavant around the city. Ang briefed me beforehand on the best colors to wear/not wear and I also sent a couple of ideas to her of shots we wanted. I am now completely obsessed with our photos! Ang & Lyle let us just be 'us' with very little direction (although they did show us certain poses they thought would be great!) and for us, that's exactly what we wanted; us laughing, being silly, loving one another and the camera getting it at the perfect time! Best of all, the day was super fun and easy and felt like our best friends were shooting us........our extremely talented best friends! Our family and friends are just as in love with our photos as we are which has added further excitement for our big day! They continue to be super accessible and responsive and even have been great with making a few recommendations for other vendors we can use (shout out to Lipari Films!). 366 days & counting!!

2016-03-24T12:49:16 Response from the vendor

Wooooohoooooo!!!! Ashley & Tim! You guys are a true gem! We seriously adore you both and are kinda obsessed with your upcoming wedding!!! CAN'T WAIT, Y'ALL!!!! xoxo, ang & lyle

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

I would give them 0 stars if it were an option. The reason I booked Lyle & Ang was solely based on how down to earth and relatable Ang was during our initial 45 minute phone call. She related to being a mother of boys, and understanding how to relate to the mother of the groom.... Read More She appealed to my Catholic wedding with stories of previous weddings. She was so kind and so down to earth. She sent a welcom gift, a book of love poems. And a Christmas gift, $15 to Starbucks. Then, six months before my big day, I called it off. I emailed them and let them know. They only extended apologies. Disgustingly cynical apologies. I cited our contract, acknowledging that my almost $1000 deposit was non-refundable. I also asked that my other payments for services not rendered be refunded. As if calling off a wedding isn't difficult enough, I had to cancel vendors and ask for refunds! Brocato was the ONLY vendor who treated me terribly. Everyone else was compassionate and refunded immediately. Some with hand written notes of hope. But, not Brocato. I had to ask for my refund, over and over again. Finally, Ang must've remembered that I was a human experiencing grief, because she agreed to refund my other near $1000 payments within 60 days. That was the last I heard from them. After multiple follow-ups and no refund deposited to my account, I'm giving up. But, I'd like to warn their potential clients that they are not genuine. So many vendors are. So please, take that into account before you choose. The Brocato's are not running a husband/wife business built on love. Do not be fooled.

2016-03-18T15:03:10 Response from the vendor

Hi Lauren, I simply am heartbroken. Heart broken for what you have experienced, heart broken because you believe our sentiment to not be genuine, heart broken that you think so little of us based on our conversations, interactions, emails, etc that you would take the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Elizabeth K

With all of the emotion and effort that goes into planning a wedding, you want everything to be perfect. The moments fly by and there isn't enough time to capture all of the smiles, laughter, dancing and fun. Luckily, we had Ang and Lyle there to take care of that for us. From... Read More the very beginning, we felt so comfortable with them, and knowing that they were there to capture the best day of our lives was such a weight off of my shoulders. They have such a phenomenal eye for detail, and they moved so seamlessly throughout the wedding, they were just extensions of the wedding guests. Everything they did was effortless, and we have the quality photos to show for it. Seriously, my only regret is that I didn't get a bigger photo package! Ang and Lyle, thanks for doing such a fantastic job with our photos; we could not be happier.

2016-03-26T22:46:34 Response from the vendor

Elizabeth! you guys were simply incredible. We are infinitely honored to have been a part of such an incredible day in your lives. Thank you for choosing us and thank you for adding a little more love to the world. xoxo, ang & lyle

Angelena and Lyle Brocato

Hubby and wife team living the dream....documenting the happiest day in your life! Your love story should be beautifully, timelessly documented. We would be honored to photograph the people, the places and the moments that make your love story perfectly and uniquely you. xoxo, ang & lyle :)))