Brush Bridal & Event Hairstyling by: Vanessa Fernandez

Hillside, NJ

Hair Stylists

682 Union Avenue, Hillside, NJ (646) 704-3474

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Nicole W

Vanessa has been cutting my hair for years, so I naturally considered her for my wedding hair. Vanessa takes everything into consideration - your lifestyle, the look you're going for and she intuitively knows styles that will work best for you; there's no cookie cutter solutions... Read More from her, which I love. She's extremely kind and helped me through some tense moments the day of my wedding, for which I will always be grateful. Book her for your wedding and get your hair cut by her, you won't be sorry!

Vanessa Is The Best

Reviewed on 3/04/2015 Melissa L

I have been getting my hair blow dried by Vanessa for years and I knew for my wedding she would be the only person I would use. Vanessa is not only the best hair stylist but beyond sweet and kind. She made my entire bridal party feel beautiful and was such a pleasure to work... Read More with. I am telling you before you book the venue, band, flowers, and photographer make sure Vanessa is available to be your stylist!

So Lucky to Have Met Vanessa!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Liz P

When I started the process of deciding who would do my hair for my wedding, my natural choice was the stylists who had been cutting my hair for years. Long story short, he walked out in the middle of my trail, claiming what I wanted (simple side part and low bun!?!?) he could... Read More not do! Of course, panic ensued and I wasn't sure what to do next. Thankfully, a stellar recommendation came from my sister's friend...and it was Vanessa! During my hair trials Vanessa listened to my vision and also added her expert opinion. We had a great partnership and I was in love with the final result she created! I really enjoyed working with Vanessa for my wedding. She styled my, my mother and my 4 bridesmaids hair. Everyone looked fantastic, and we had a great time getting ready all together. Since the wedding, I have seen Vanessa frequently...because she also now cuts my hair! I highly recommend Vanessa to any bride!

Review by Bride

Reviewed on 2/28/2015 Chantal T

Vanessa is my long time hair stylist so of course I had to have her do my wedding hair! Vanessa is an excellent choice for bridal hair because she is a great listener and extremely professional. She helped me figure out exactly how I wanted my hair -- even allowing me two trials... Read More before the big day. On the wedding day, she showed up on time and it was nice to know I'd get great results that would last all day. She somehow made me look like I have more hair than I do and my hair was not stiff or formal looking. I love my wedding pictures and she is a big part of why I love them. Vanessa also did my several members of my bridal party and my mother's hair. Each loved their hair styles. I highly recommend Vanessa for wedding hair styling!

The best there is!!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Faye G

I hired Vanessa as my stylist for my wedding in July. Once I met with her, I knew I had to have her as part of my beauty team. She is not just any run of the mill stylist, she truly is an artist. Watching Vanessa construct a hair style is like watching a sculpture being... Read More carefully crafted. She listens to exactly what you want while at the same time offering her expert advice! My favorite part about Vanessa is that she creates very modern and wearable styles. When anyone looks at my wedding photos, one of the first mentions is always about the hair. She is lovely to be around and a joy to have part of your special day. I loved her so much I had her fly to the Dominican Republic to do my hair for my wedding.. You can NOT go wrong with Ms Fernandez!

Perfection

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Kristin S

Vanessa is a true master of her art!! She takes pride in what she does & takes her time to make sure you are completely happy with your look. Vanessa was able to recreate a complicated retro inspire up-do from a photo flawlessly. I could not have felt more gorgeous on my... Read More wedding day. Thank you Vanessa for making me feel like a celebrity!

What a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Pricilla

I called Vanessa and asked her to do my hair for my wedding and it was such a great journey from there on through. I spoke with her and she was so kind and knowledgeable in her craft and offered to come to our hotel and style hair for myself, the MOB, and my sister... Read More (bridesmaid). A couple months prior to the wedding she came to my home to have a trial. She worked off of pictures I brought and also customized my look so it was exactly what I wanted. She took pictures to make sure she was able to replicate it once the wedding day arrived. I was also very appreciative as she gave me some great tips to make sure my hair was in the best shape possible for my style on the wedding day. On the actual wedding day, Vanessa arrived at our hotel where the ceremony and reception would take place, and she was early and she worked as long as we needed on our hair so that it would be exactly how we wanted. She was fun to hang out with and fit right in with myself, my friends, and with the make up artists as we prepared for the wedding. Everyone was very happy with how the styles turned out. Most importantly, they held up! She made my wedding dream look become a reality and after all of the hugs, crying, and dancing our hair still looked perfect. Vanessa was fantastic and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, professional, and extremely talented wedding hairstylist. Simply AMAZING!