Exceptional Events Start Here

B-Sharp Entertainment is the detail-oriented company that delivers the perfect mix of music and fun for the best times of your life. We know great music, we love our clients, and you'll love our services, from award-winning DJ entertainment to event lighting, photobooth rentals and live music.

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

Raynham, MA
Providence Newport Boston

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Kate R

When my husband and I started talking about what we wanted for our wedding, we agreed that we wanted people to leave thinking that it was a great party, (and not just "pretty good for a wedding"). Thanks to Brendan and his insanely epic abilities as a DJ (but really, calling... Read More Brendan a DJ is like calling a fine wine moonshine -- he is SO much more), our guests left talking about the "amazing music" and the insane dance floor that resulted. And when I say the dance floor was insane -- HOW insane it got (in the best possible way) is impossible to describe. Everyone was dancing -- including the relatives I didn't expect to cut a rug. Don't be fooled by Brendan's soft spoken and mellow nature when you meet with him - when he kicks off the music, he turns into this amazing mix of fantastic DJ and understated hype man. I say understated because Brendan commands the attention of your guests to the dance floor and the revelry, but he does so WITHOUT detracting from the fact that this is your wedding. In other words, Brendan makes the party and dance aspect of your wedding the center of attention, rather than himself. I was so impressed with his professionalism and his seriously amazing musical prowess (he also plays a mean piano, and did so during our cocktail hour -- much to the amazement and wonder of my guests), and I have received countless texts and emails telling me how amazing the entertainment was. I am so, so thrilled with Brendan's amazing abilities, and I sort of wish I threw more parties that warranted his services. If you are going with a DJ, hire Brendan. Seriously. He's the absolute best, and made our wedding so incredibly memorable. (Please note -- I wrote this review and posted it here and on another wedding website.)

Wedding of Our Dreams!!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Molly O

Where can we begin on explaining just how amazing Brendan Lafferty owner of B-Sharp Entertainment truly is! Brendan made our wedding perfect. He was professional, talented, fun and easy to work with. He provided us a website to select songs for the cocktail hour, first dances... Read More and reception. The website was easy to navigate and helpful. If we had a question, he had the perfect answer. During our wedding he made everything go smooth and stress free! The dance floor was packed from the very beginning to the very end and that is exactly what we wanted! He also provided a photo booth which had the best props and accessories. He gave us a photo book with all the photo strips that guests took throughout the night. So fun with great memories! We received so many compliments on the music and photo booth. We got calls, texts and emails about how our wedding was the most fun from our family and friends. We contacted Brendan a couple weeks after the wedding asking for our playlist to keep for memories and he provided the list right away. Brendan is honestly the reason our wedding day was special, fun, entertaining and perfect. Brendan, thank you so much for everything you did for us. We highly recommend hiring Brendan Lafferty owner of B-Sharp Entertainment to make your special event a day/night to remember forever!

Non-stop dancing at a daytime wedding!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Alison L

B-Sharp entertainment helped make our wedding a great party. We planned our wedding remotely; Brendan was flexible about having planning calls when it was most convenient for us. The planning website was easy to use and it was fun for us to be so involved in the music selection,... Read More especially because we have some strong opinions about music. Brendan also did his research, we had some unique music requests and Brendan previewed all of them well in advance of the wedding and he had access to all of them, which was important because then the original was played at the wedding and not a cover of the songs we wanted. Our biggest demand was that we didn’t want any cheesy stuff, like games and Brendan stuck to that solidly. Many DJ’s now present themselves as MC’s or entertainers but we wanted a DJ who could blend in with the party and he really did. At the wedding, we felt like every song he played was one of our requests; it was like having your own personal radio at the wedding. Brendan was also able to read our music style from our request list and also read the crowd. Despite the fact that this was a daytime wedding, everyone was up and dancing the whole time and he completely respected the “do not play” list. All our guests had extremely positive things to say about Brendan and his work, as well. We would highly recommend Brendan to others in the area.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Marlena M

During the wedding planning process you struggle with picking the right vendors for your wedding, I didn't have that with Brendan at B Sharp. I knew right away he was the right DJ for our wedding. Brendan is a professional, a great person, and truly loves what he does. He gave... Read More me advice about music choices and even regarding other aspects of the wedding I was stuck on. He let me send him numerous songs I wanted to hear at the wedding and I also trusted him to make the right choices for my crowd that kept the party going and really impressed everyone. My instincts and my feelings towards him were not wrong, because my wedding was amazing. At the end of the night when everyone says "Wow the dance floor was never empty" that's when you know you made the right choice. Even when I was stressing, Brendan made me feel calm and knew the night was going to be everything I wanted. Trust his expertise, trust his musical knowledge, trust him with your wedding, it's a decision you won't regret.

Saved The Day!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Erin M

My husband and I were just married at the Oceancliff in Newport, RI. Two weeks before my wedding an issue arose with our current DJ which forced us to look for a new one. This is when I contacted Brendan. He quickly responded and was able to step in on such short notice! We are... Read More so very thankful for his urgency to learn all about the atmosphere we wanted for our wedding, his suggestions to help make our reception flow and his tentativeness to all the little details. He truly made us feel like our wedding was the most important event he has or will ever work. Right up to the night before the wedding Brendan was making sure everything was in place and ready to go. He left no stone unturned and our wedding was perfect. Brendan truly went out of the way to save the day!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Colleen B

So happy we chose Brendan and B Sharp Entertainment to be a part of our wedding in September! Brendan was great to work with from our first meeting to the last dance at our wedding. He was very thorough, personable, and great to work with, we felt completely at ease with him! He... Read More really understood exactly the type of vibe and mood we were aiming for and even took a last minute song request I made the day before the wedding. After the wedding we heard from many guests that they loved the dinner music and of course the dancing music! The Photo Booth we used was also a huge hit and it was the nicest one I have seen. Can't recommend Brendan enough!

Awesome D.J. For Our Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Beth E

My husband and I went to our friends' wedding four years ago and had Brendan as their d.j. We had so much fun and we wanted that same experience for our own wedding. Brendan did not disappoint! The music was perfect. He catered to our requests and played music that allowed... Read More guests of all ages to get up and boogie. His professionalism and communication is unsurpassed and I could really relax and enjoy the evening with my husband. I highly recommend Brendan and B-Sharp Entertainment for your event!

Danced the night away!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Christine S

We were referred to Brendan from B-Sharp through our photographer. We had previously met with several other DJs but couldn’t find the right fit. My husband and I live in Rhode Island so we were so happy that he suggested that for our first meeting we meet half way between our... Read More house and his office. When we met with him we felt comfortable, he took the time to get to know us and understand our vision for our wedding as well as telling us about him both personally and professionally. In the months leading up to our wedding we used Brendan’s online tool to help us prepare. It was easy to use and we felt confident that we had made all the necessary selections and decisions. We worked together at the final detailing appointment to create a reception timeline. I was so grateful to be able to leverage his knowledge and expertise. Knowing how the evening would flow helped to calm our nerves and enjoy our wedding day. He did a wonderful job as the ‘master of ceremonies’ taking the time to learn how to pronounce everyone’s name (a big deal in my Italian family) and making all of the announcements during the night. During the cocktail hour Brendan played the piano. Having the piano gave the cocktail hour added elegance while still allowing our guests to mingle and carry conversation. After dinner he was able to keep all of our guests on the dance floor. His music selection was excellent and there was something for everyone aged age 17-67. He also was able to balance reading our guests as a whole with their individual song requests. I cannot recommend Brendan enough; he was everything we ever could have asked for in a DJ. He was personable, professional and passionate. We received many compliments from our guests what fun that had at our wedding and my sister-in-law even booked him for her wedding next July!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Brendan was our DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception a week ago in Rhode Island, and we do not have one bad thing to say about him! We had to communicate via email and phone because we don't live in RI, but Brendan made it easy, and he always got back to us... Read More immediately. We waited until the week of our wedding to send him our music selections, and he was extremely patient and understanding. He listened to our likes and dislikes, and stayed true to our play and do-not-play lists! He also managed to track down our two ceremony pieces in less than two days, and he even switched the order of the songs 30 minutes before I walked down the aisle (at my last-minute request, as I emailed him while I was getting ready!!!). My husband and I had the best day of our lives, and it wouldn't have happened without Brendan!

Amazing! Book him!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Kimberly Q

Brendan did such an amazing job for our wedding. My husband and I could not be happier with our experience. He was so easy to work with and always quickly responded to any questions. He also provided the music for our ceremony and gave us excellent recommendations for ceremony... Read More music. He had everyone dancing all night. He did a great job reading the crowd and playing a good variety of music. We also used the photo booth which was a hit and we got a flash drive and scrapbook of all the pictures. We can’t say enough good things about our experience. We highly recommend B Sharp!!

wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Danielle W

Brendan was the DJ at our wedding and we were more than pleased. He went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfectly and knew exactly how to get the crowd going. Played all the right songs at all the right times and we got many compliments!

B-Sharp Entertainment is as good as it gets

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Brendan from B-Sharp Entertainment is a true professional. He was available when we had questions leading up to our wedding day, was accommodating when it came to song choices, and handled everything perfectly from ceremony start to last dance. I highly highly recommend his... Read More services to anyone on the south shore/RI

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Stephanie J

Brendan was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He was amazing to work with from start to finish; very professional, organized, and friendly. Brendan gave us a lot of assistance in picking out our music and went over the whole plan for the wedding with us about a month in advance.... Read More He always responded to our questions and was always very quick with returning our emails. The night of our wedding went perfectly and EVERYONE complimented us on Brendan and our music, even the staff at the venue. He did a wonderful job reading the crowd and playing a good mix of music. He was truly the best DJ for us and we are so happy we found him! I would recommend Brendan to anyone, he is fantastic!

So much fun!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Crystal F

Brendan was such a pleasure to work with! He was very quick in responses to all my questions, and very flexible with us when we had to change the date of our wedding! The photo booth was such a hit at the wedding, everyone had a great time! We're so happy with the flash drive... Read More and the scrapbook. Such wonderful keepsakes! We highly recommend B Sharp. Thanks Brendan for making our wedding unforgettable!

Above & Beyond Expectations!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Lauren H

I do not even know where to begin when talking about how perfect Brendan was to work with before the wedding, during the wedding, and even after. Brendan went above and beyond expectations and if I could give him 10 stars I would. An example is we did a choreographed dance and... Read More when we sent him the music from our choreographer, he fixed the sound, fixed transitions, and created a final piece that my husband and I were so excited to surprise everyone with! He nailed it. His talent and skills on the piano during cocktail hour was exactly what we wanted. Brendan was so easy to work with and professional through and through. I wish I could relive that night and most of it was because of Brendan! B-Sharp had everyone on the dance floor all night!! Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed with B-Sharp Entertainment!

Awesome DJ !!

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Jess D

Brendan, You did an amazing job at our wedding!! You are truly a great DJ, We left out so much for you to have to fill in as far as music wise ( even our entrance song ) and you nailed it all on your own !! Everyone had so much fun they music was right on with what we like !! I... Read More would recommend you a million times to friends and family , thank you very much for being our awesome Wedding DJ !!! :-)

Great DJ

Reviewed on 1/04/2015

Brendan did a fantastic job as DJ at our wedding. He returned calls and emails promptly and was very receptive to our requests. His timing of the flow of the reception was great, as were his music choices. Guests were up and dancing all night long due to Brendan's music... Read More selections. There were songs that appealed to the wide variety of the ages of our guests. Brendan's website was easy to navigate and we were able to make music selections for various parts of our reception online. I'd highly recommend Brendan's DJ services.

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Kate B

Brendan was the absolute best. Friendly and accommodating; he played all of our favorite songs at exactly the right times. He was very subtle and never made himself the star of the show. Highly recommend him!

Great DJ! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Kelly m

Brendan of B-Sharp Entertainment was great! Having him as our DJ was one of the best wedding decisions we made. He answered all of our questions prior to the wedding and was able to put me at ease about our uneven wedding party. I was a little worried about how it would look... Read More for introductions, but with Brendan's advice everything turned out great! He was also able to give us some recommendations for song selections. Just by sitting down with us for a few minutes it was as if he knew what songs would work perfect for us. We received so many compliments on the music, and our guests got a kick out of our song selection for when we walked down the aisle after the ceremony (the song was Brendan's idea!). Brendan is awesome and I would recommend him to anyone!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Nicole L

My husband and I used Brendan Lafferty and B-Sharp entertainment for our DJ as well as a photo-booth and we could not have been happier with our decision. Brendan was incredibly easy to work with. He made the planning process simple and helped us plan out our reception. I loved... Read More his online music manager. During the wedding, Brendan did everything we asked and was always professional. He was not front and center like some DJs I have seen, rather he was more behind the scenes. He would check in with us and make sure everything was going as we hoped. Our guests kept commenting on how wonderful the DJ was and everyone danced all night. The Photobooth was great! The set up and props were really nice and our guests had a great time using it. Dan and I had a great time looking at the book of photobooth pictures they gave us at the end of the night. They even mailed us a USB with all of the pictures on it. We highly recommend using B-Sharp Entertainment for your DJ or Photobooth services!

Amazing Wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Christine G

Highly recommended!! Brendan did a fantastic job at our wedding!! It was 3 weeks ago and our guests are still raving about him. He set the mood and people could not wait to get on the dance floor. EVERYONE was dancing- people of every age and even people who are known to... Read More never dance at weddings. We used him for our cocktail hour and reception. We shopped around for DJ's and were SO happy we went with Brendan. He was so professional and was attentive to every question and request we had. He stuck to our "must play" and "do not play" lists and was really great at reading the crowd and taking requests from our guests. The best thing about Brendan is that he made us feel confident that he had everything covered and that we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. We were all on the same page and the night couldn't have gone better. Thank you Brendan!

Best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Nicole S

Brendan is amazing and was one of the best wedding vendor’s we worked with!! We picked him for piano, lighting and DJ services. Brendan conducts himself in a professional and classy manner. The lighting looked amazing in the cocktail area and ball room. There was plenty of... Read More lighting and the color was vivid. We also had a custom monogram made that was displayed on the dance floor. From the planning process to the wedding, Brendan was great with communication. Anytime I called or emailed I received a prompt response. He also has a great website to enter in all of your requests and event details. During the reception he checked in to make sure we were happy and ask if we needed anything. Something I really appreciated about Brendan was his honesty. When researching parent, anniversary and intro songs he shared his experiences of how the song worked for other couples (ie. song to short, not popular, song to fast). Using his knowledge and experience we were able to select a great list of songs that kept our guests dancing from the intro’s to last dance. The floor was ALWAYS packed with everyone from teenagers to our 88 year old grandmother. We heard nothing but good things from our guests about Brendan’s song choices. I would highly recommend Brendan for your event !

Great DJ experience

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Meaghan M

For our recent wedding we hired B Sharp Entertainment for our DJ services and lighting and it was not only exceptional that day but it was incredibly flexible leading up to our wedding day. We only had to meet with Brendan twice which was convenient for our VERY busy schedules.... Read More You can completely design your music for your wedding day right online in your own personal account. From ceremony music to reception music-it covered all the bases. The day of our wedding Brendan was very professional and kept everything running smoothly. I am a dancer as are all of my friends and I thought Brendan played an excellent mix of music for all. Everyone had a great time and the pink up-lighting was incredible! I would recommend B Sharp Entertainment to all of my friends planning a wedding.

Girl, you know it's true...B-Sharp Entertainment is for you!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Stacey M

"Our style is fun, upbeat and positive, but never cheesy. We won’t turn your reception into a circus, and we’ll never do anything that could embarrass you or your guests." These words were what jumped out at me when I looked at B-Sharp Entertainment's website. We've all... Read More been to events with cheesy, over the top, classless DJ's. As a bride, it was one of my worst fears that I would end up with one of THOSE guys for my wedding. However, as soon as I had my first conversation with Brendan, I knew he was anything BUT that. He answered my first email promptly and made phone contact soon after that. One of my main concerns was that I was working with a budget, which I let him know up front. He was understanding of that and was willing to give me a rough estimate over the phone, just to make sure that we were on the same page. I found this incredibly refreshing after encountering several other DJ's who would flat out NOT talk money, and worst of all one who made me and my fiancé sit through 90 minutes of light displays, slide shows, and self-flattery, shutting us down every time we asked what his price range was (only to eventually find out that he charged $10,000 for the evening!) Brendan's rates were reasonable, his schedule was flexible when it came to meeting in person, and it was evident right away that he loves what he does. He has a great sense of humor and was SO easy to work with, and he totally let us set our theme for our wedding, offering helpful advice where we needed it and some great suggestions. He picked up our vibe right away and was open to our ideas (even though some of them were a little silly or unconventional). We knew we had found our guy and we were not let down! Brendan arrived at our venue early on the day of our wedding. His appearance was neat and professional (something I know all you brides worry about when it comes to your vendors), and his presence throughout the evening was the same. He was a great host, he played all the songs we really wanted to hear (and none that we didn't) and he was really in tune with what the guests wanted. Our dance floor was packed from the minute he opened it up, right 'til the very last song. Brendan made our wedding night the best party of our lives, and I can honestly say that it wouldn't have been the same without him. We would (and will) recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

We danced all night!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Jennifer P

Brendan was my DJ for my wedding reception, and I highly recommend him. He is very professional and was super responsive whenever I emailed him. He kept the dance floor full all night, which was awesome. The whole reception was seamless--totally perfect! Thank you, Brendan!!

Brendan Lafferty

Brendan Lafferty is a true performer, having earned the respect of his industry peers and the accolades of his clients for more than 20 years. Now, as owner of B-Sharp Entertainment, entertaining at weddings, parties and special events throughout New England is Brendan’s profession. With his positive attitude and approachable demeanor, you can be confident that Brendan will deliver great music and fun to your events, every time.