Burgundy Basin

Pittsford, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Burgundy Basin

A BALLROOM IN PITTSFORD, NY

Burgundy Basin in Rochester, New York has been customizing memorable indoor and outdoor weddings for couples for over 60 years. Its estate grounds are versatile enough to host every type of wedding, whether the couples' tastes are casual and rustic or elegantly formal. With a variety of spaces within the venue, weddings can be as intimate as 25 guests or as large as 800.

Burgundy Basin offers three ceremony site options: indoors in the beautifully decorated reception hall or, if there is an outdoor preference, under either the rustic ivory or the traditional white gazebo. Both outdoor sites are set among a blooming flower-filled garden, 10 acres of landscaped grounds, full, shady trees and classic brick walkways. Ceremonies can take place during the day or in the evening, because the venue will also provide tasteful lighting that is sure enhance an evening under the stars.

The Walnut Grove Pavilion. Couples looking for a rustic barn need look no further than the Walnut Grove Pavilion for their dream wedding reception at Burgundy Basin. The Walnut Grove Pavilion is conveniently adjacent to the historic Erie Canal and nestled on 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. The open-air setting is an excellent choice for couples wanting an outdoor, casual reception.

Burgundy Basin Rooms. The venue also offers four indoor reception room options: the Grand Room, the Empire State Room, the Burgundy Room and the Victoria Room. Each room can be customized in size, depending on your wedding day needs and have been recently remodeled. They are softly decorated with warm, neutral to accompany any color scheme or decorations the couple may wish to add to their reception. With stylish sconces and decorative molding, they make the perfect backdrop for any reception. All reception rooms feature highlighted head table areas, round table seating for guests, full service bars, permanent dance floors highlighted with mirrored ceiling, separate DJ or band alcoves and outdoor deck or patio areas exclusive to your room.

Unlike some other venues in which wedding events are private, multiple weddings may be booked at Burgundy Basin on the same day. Couples should note that there is a minimum of 25 guests required for an event booking.

Outside food is not permitted, however the venue offers a variety of packages and meal choices for couples of all tastes and budgets. From offering hand-passed appetizers, to buffet style or served dinner, their are plenty of options to choose from. The kitchen also has a baker on staff with 35 years of experience, who would be delighted to create a multi-tiered masterpiece that will be the centerpiece of your big day.

The Burgundy Basin is delighted to offering the following extra perks to its to-be-weds and their guests:

• On-site wedding decorator
  • Choices of silk flowers, vases, mirrors, candles and lights to create the decor of your dreams
  • Flexibility with menu choices
  • Free parking

Personal Service to create a Lifetime of Memories

On your special day, you want to be sure everything goes smoothly. The room should look just right. The food should be delicious. The service should be friendly-and flexible to meet any last minute needs. That's what you'll find at the Burgundy Basin.

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom

1361 Marsh Road, Pittsford, NY (585) 248-2660

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Jessica S

EVERYTHING was included in the cost per person...open bar, hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and even cake! Planning from out of town was made easy with them and we felt confident that everything would run smoothly at our reception because of the excellent customer service they provide.... Read More Our hostess, Sarah, was amazing. She and the owner continued to check in with us throughout the night and kept things running smoothly. When people were done with one course, they were immediately offered the next course. Once people were done eating, it was time to move on and do the cake cutting and dancing. It was the best service I have seen at a reception in years and we are so happy with how affordable it was.

Great wedding reception!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Melissa G

Burgundy Basin took such great care of us leading up to our wedding and throughout the reception. My parents had their reception there 27 years ago, and they said it was just as great as when they were there. The entryway has just been renovated and it is beautiful! The food was... Read More great, and everyone raved about dessert and the late night snack! We were so happy with how everything went!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Tia B

I had my ceremony and my recedption at the Basin. They did a great job decorating and we were able to get our food, cake and centerpieces all in a package deal. They are very friendly, personable people. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a place that treats... Read More you like family!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Shannon O

I highly recommend the Burgundy Basin! The food was AMAZING, cake was delicious, bar was huge and they did NOT water down drinks. My guests had a wonderful time. If you will be using the projector, just be sure to know where they will play it - ours was so far away, I couldn't... Read More really see the photos. But, the setup of the room worked so well for our wedding overall. The dance floor and mirror in the Grand Ball Room are beautiful. The servers were quick and attentive. Carl and Mike are both wonderful owners and very helpful. Denise was great helping organize everything via email prior to the wedding. Great job to the Burgundy Basin.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Laura P

Food and service was great. Ceremony was supposed to be outside but rain was on and off all morning. The burgundy set up for both in and outside ceremony and were flexible with what we wanted. The day went very smooth. Great price, great options-good for a low-budget wedding.

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Janene B

My husband and I could not have asked for a better venue for our reception. The staff at the Burgundy Basin was absolutely amazing, they went above and beyond to make our reception perfect. They were extremely helpful and easy to work with, and ensured throughout the planning... Read More process and throughout our evening that everything was satisfactory and as perfect as possible. The food was amazing as was the cake and desert tables. The grand ballroom was set up more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Burgundy Basin made sure that we had the reception of our dreams, and I am so thankful to them. I highly recommend Burgundy Basin!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Alana S

Burgundy Basin far exceeded my expectations. From the beginning they were easy to get a hold of, answered all of my questions in a timely manner & were very patient with me. My wedding reception was absolutely amazing! They decorated beautifully, the lighting was beautiful, the... Read More food was out of this world!!! The owners who worked my wedding that night- Kyle, Carl & Mike were just amazing. They checked on the Groom & I all night to see if we were okay, if we needed a drink, something to eat, anything. They are also very organized with weddings. The buffet lines were quick which meant the food stayed hot, the food, cake cutting, dances, etc.. were all done in a perfect timely manner. We had a glitch in the day & arrived 30 minutes late, the owners greeted us with a smile ( knowing we were stressed)asked us if we wanted a drink & went over some new details with us due to the time mess up. All in all they were amazing!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 JulieAnn M

From the very beginning, burgundy basin was extremely helpful and accommodating in creating our wedding at their venue. We had out ceremony outside at the white gazebo. We had about 30 guests and used the Victoria room for our reception. It was the perfect size for our small... Read More group, although burgundy basin does have much larger rooms available. The food was great and so was the cake. Great venue!

Excellent value for the price

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Jennifer N

We were very pleased with the affordable price and excellent customer service offered by the Burgundy Basin. Many choices, extremely flexible and great people all-around.

The perfect choice

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Sarah V

We couldn't have picked a better venue. They're professional and responded quickly during the planning process. The facility and grounds are beautiful and their food is delicious. On the day of, they had everything under control so I didn't have to worry about a single thing.

Best Place to get Marry and have your Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Pauline h

My hostess Cindy was quite awesome of making sure that our day went smoothly and without any problems. She went up and beyond her duties on our special day. The staff was amazing to deal with since day one until the day of our wedding. I would recommend this place in a... Read More heart beat.

Best Decision I made for my wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Julie K

I chose Burgundy Basin because of the positive reviews of a family member who used them. I'm so glad I did. Our event was Aug 10th ceremony using the outside gazebo and reception indoors. The weather report said chance of rain but I decided to wait it out. 20 minutes before my... Read More ceremony was to begin it stormed. Burgundy Basin was wonderful they pulled in all their resources and made my wedding happen indoors in a room we had not previously reserved. They were extremely helpful and saved my wedding. They pulling in all staff from other venues and got the job done. Besides the rain the reception room was exactly how I pictured and the lights/mirrors on the dance floor look great in my pics. Mike the owner and Sarah our wedding coordinator were wonderful.

Absolutely wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Annette L

I can not say enough about how great everything was at burgundy Basin for our wedding. The room looked beautiful and the coordinator we were given for that night Jessica was awesome! She was very attentive and everyone catered to whatever we or our guests needed. The food was... Read More even better then when we had our tasting. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone!!8/4/2012 wedding

Burgundy Basin was AMAZING for my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Katie M

We had our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception at Burgundy Basin. Throughout the year-long planning process, the staff at Burgundy Basin were so attentive to our wishes that they made my mother and I feel as if my wedding was the most important event they'd ever held. The... Read More detail-oriented, dedicated staff anticipated our every need and responded to our every want. The manager remembered a comment made in passing that my father would have preferred a meal that was not on the menu then surprised him during the reception by bringing him his prime rib. They made sure my wedding party always had drinks available even when the bar was closed - and served drinks, including juice, to our wedding party during outdoors photo sessions. They put in personal CDs during the rehearsal dinner at the request of a groomsmen. And, the manager even drove me closer to the aisle in his personal vehicle so my groom and our guests would get their first glimpse as I walked down the aisle instead of when I walked out the building. We also had an on-site coordinator for all three events who helped make every moment of our wedding weekend memorable by focusing on the logistics and keeping time so we could take it all in without stress or distractions. Burgundy Basin handled everything, including designing and baking our three-tiered wedding cake. They also just remodeled the outside of the facility which was finished and looked amazing on the big day. My husband and my mother could not have been happier with the quality of service from Burgundy Basin!

Best Reception Ever

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 teresa l

Burgundy Basin made our wedding reception perfect. We could not have asked for me. People are still raving about how great the food and service were!

The Simpson- O'Connor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Meagan S

Mike at the Burgunday Basin was awesome!!! Everyone was so helpful and willing to please the entire time. Not only for the actual wedding but the planning of too. They are not only very pleasant to work with but the pricing is great! They include a lot within the package and the... Read More food was fantastic! Overall awesome place! I would recommend to any and everyone!

Good value for the cost

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Karen K

Burgundy Basin was a beautiful setting for our mid-August wedding. We held the whole event outside with the ceremony at the white gazebo and the reception in the outdoor pavilion. We had a mother and two baby deer wander through the lawn during the reception. The food was... Read More good and the day-of service was fantastic; they were very attentive. My only recommendation is that if you want a room to get ready in before the wedding that you make sure they actually book the room they tell you that you can use. Mine ended up being double-booked and I had to get dressed in the ladies room.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Danielle O

The Burgundy Basin was very thorough and everything was perfect for our wedding day. We were married in the white gazebo and the reception was in the Burgundy Room. They were professional and knowledgable. I am sad because our cake topper got broken and they didn't do... Read More anything to make it better. I would have loved to keep it as a memory but now I am unable to.

All inclusive options

Reviewed on 6/11/2011 Deborah G

We got engaged in February and decided to have a May wedding. Burgundy accomidated our quick turn around and offered so many inclusive opportunities that it was definitely the best bang for our buck. Mike and Carl (owners) and the staff were wonderful and helped us have the... Read More perfect day!

Exellent service!

Reviewed on 10/04/2010 melissa k

The employees were nice and very helpful. We had our ceremony and reception here. The food was excellent!! We are really happy how the whole day turned out.

Everything I Wanted

Reviewed on 9/20/2010 Kristen O

Burgundy Basin did a fantastic job with everything we wanted and needed. From the planning stages to the actual reception, the Burgundy Basin's staff was extremely helpful. Everything ran smoothly and several people at our reception said they've never been at such a well... Read More organized reception location. My fiance and I had the Continental Package, which was an excellent selection and well worth the price. Finally,Vickie, the baker at the Burgundy Basin was AMAZING. Our wedding cake was spectacular and the pictures of it look like a cake out of a wedding magazine. Everyone commented on how gorgeous it was and were pleasantly surprised it was from the B.B. She also created the most amazing groom's cake. She was excited about working with us and created two wonderful cakes for us.

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Sheri B

They did a great job with everything, including allowing the guests to start the reception early, and providing water during the ceremony (hot day.)

Review for Burgundy Basin

Reviewed on 12/19/2008 Kate E

The staff was fantastic in helping us put together a reception that reflected us. They gave great recommendations for other vendors the food was amazing there were lots of good choices and the general feeling of the place can be tailored for any type of party. They really... Read More know what they're doing and are so good at it.